Canterlot, Ch 6

Where the story plays out.
Oda
Servant of Trixie
Servant of Trixie

Re: Canterlot, Ch 6

Postby Oda » Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:13 pm

Spirit Wind

Spirit listened in silence, just thinking about such a terrible war could have happened. She chewed a few times then stopped, Closing her eyes with a heavy sigh. "that's terrible, to even just to hear about." She sighed again, feeling pretty terrible. "I know, what it's like to be used as a tool of war." She was shaking a bit. "Would we really though, turn to such horrible magic? To end the world, to deny the Dragons the prize of winning?"

She sighs still reflecting on things she was made to do. "Or, maybe, the dragons would do the same...I've seen how cruel some of them can be..."

MagusZeal
Site Admin / Lore Master
Site Admin / Lore Master

Postby MagusZeal » Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:05 pm

Twilight Sparkle – GM NPC's
Canterlot – Castle Dining Hall

Nodding Twilight looks over the table a small smile spreading across her muzzle. “In part it's why I created the E.M.P.'s, we can't be everywhere at once, no pony can. Though the differences between our worlds are rather striking along with the similarities. For one my friends and I aren't the element bearer's something caused them to abandon us.

Staring off into the distance for a moment the mare's head turns towards Spirit. “Hopefully we can keep anypony else from going through that, the issue is how to stop them and sadly I keep seeing only one option, the death of Darkfang. If your willing to help I'd look forward to any help you can provide Spirit.

Tyrning her attention back to Longshot the mare seems concerned about his last comment. “That said, that was a rather cryptic thing to say about your weapon Longshot,what exactly did you mean?

Knight Tyrfang
Is a cackling Pony

Postby Knight Tyrfang » Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:31 pm

Tyrfang Peacemaker
Canterlot - Castle Dining Hall

Glad that the subject had moved away from him and what he had said, Tyrfang decided to attempt to eat some of the food laid before him. He couldn't really taste much of it, and just listened and let everything in the conversation just fly over his head as he chewed.

White Mocha
Is a Sane Pony

Postby White Mocha » Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:00 pm

Longshot

Longshot was rather disapointed by the guard's appearant disinterest and decided it was best to ignore him rather than dwell on it. He focused instead on the non-royal alicorn who had seated herself between them, patting her on the shoulder. He didn't know what she was talking about, being used, but he could tell his story had affected her. He took that moment as Twilight spoke to her to offer a bit of silent sympathy.

When Twilight adressed him directly, he decided to keep quiet about what an EMP might be. "You started by asking what technology led to the end of my world. I was making the point that any technology is only a tool, it's up to us if and how to use them. The megaspells are no more to blame for the end of my world then my firearms are to blame for the deaths I've caused. I take it that this Darkfang is the dragon's leader, and if so his death might be enough to end the fighting. There is a tyrant on my world who doesn't seem to understand his followers are his followers. Not followers of his philosophy. If that's the case here, Darkfang's death may be enough. But if those under him have come to believe what he preaches... It's much harder to kill an idea."
We are what we repeatedly do.

Longshot's Theme

MagusZeal
Site Admin / Lore Master
Site Admin / Lore Master

Postby MagusZeal » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:33 pm

Twilight Sparkle – GM NPC's

Ignoring or deciding not to comment on Longshot's comment response the mare nods to his latter observation, “Based on everything we know of the Alliance, most of Darkfang's rules are backed by fear of the so called Ultimate's strength. Most of the other elder's follow either because their kin, scared of her, or hoping to further their own goals with what she brings to their dens. There are likely some that believe in her ideals ,but that seems to be a tiny portion of the dragons.” Tapping a hoof on the table the mare pauses to take a few bites of her own breakfast that had been ignored for so long.

Not wanting to let a silence linger or ruin breakfast Luna speaks up quickly. “So if I may ask what do you hope to do here Longshot? Save more from your home world, hang up your weapons, or something else?

White Mocha
Is a Sane Pony

Postby White Mocha » Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:52 pm

Longshot

That question stung the unicorn and he hung his head, ears flat to his head. He'd never given thought to saving others. Granted, if he had tried most would've died in Canterlot... Still, he was just fed up with the futility of the Wasteland. He sought escape, and he found it. ... Sort of.

So what was he going to do with it? He couldn't keep ignoring the question, in anycase. It was best to be honest, so... "I don't think anypony can be saved... I've tried, but the wasteland is more than just a place. It gets into your head, grinds you away. Often, by the time you've figured out who it's gotten to, it's usually too late. It's never who you expected either... As for hanging up my guns, I doubt I could. Not with a war on. I never could just sit around when I knew there was trouble. I'd like to help, if I can. If you'll have me."

Longshot's Theme

MagusZeal
Site Admin / Lore Master
Site Admin / Lore Master

Postby MagusZeal » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:09 pm

Princess Celestia – GM NPC'

Glancing at Luna, the radiant white mare quickly interjects, “We would be grateful for any help you wish to provide Longshot, as to what they may entail we can speak of it later. There's no reason to rush into any decisions right now. For now I have other duties I must see to, Tyrfang.” Looking at the once tiny guard the princess of the sun rises from her seat her ever shifting mane framing her face in a pleasant manner. “Please see to Longshot and anything he needs for the rest of the day. Perhaps you and Spirit could show him around our fair city and introduce him to some of your friends.

Knight Tyrfang
Is a cackling Pony

Postby Knight Tyrfang » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:02 pm

Tyrfang Peacemaker

Tyrfang stiffened at being addressed on instinct, not entirely listening to what had been talked about around him. He then relaxed and saluted. "Yes Ma'am. I'll do what I can. Shall I show them the school as well?"

White Mocha
Is a Sane Pony

Postby White Mocha » Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:38 pm

Longshot

Longshot's heart cried out not to be parted from the Princesses so soon, but he quietly told himself he was hardly worth their time in the first place. So instead, he turned his attention to the guard, a bit surprised. "The first place you think to take me is a school? You have an odd way of thinking."

Longshot's Theme

Oda
Servant of Trixie
Servant of Trixie

Postby Oda » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:32 pm

Spirit Wind

Spirit had instinctively stiffened when her shoulder was patted, though she had gotten better about physical contact somepony new touching her was always a shock. That and the sheer horror of what has happened to his own world was...frightening. She jolts again when the princess said she was leaving. "Give him a tour?..." She shifted a bit not opposed to the idea "Well, I guess we could." School she hadn't been to such a place in a while. But she didn't really have anyone she could really show longshot. But still a nagging part of her, didn't want to leave the two of them alone. "Seems like it would be a good idea. Though, Starlight won't want to be left alone for long, maybe she should come too." She murmurs quietly.

MagusZeal
Site Admin / Lore Master
Site Admin / Lore Master

Postby MagusZeal » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:49 pm

Princesses Luna - GM NPC's

At Spirit's comment a gleam seems to shine in Luna's eyes, speaking quickly before her sister could respond the mare rises as well. “That sounds like an excellent idea Tyrfang, I would take Starlight along with you she does spend a fair amount of time at Clockwork's school.” Turning to her sister the alicorn's sisters share a look smiles on both their muzzles.

Picking up quickly Celestia nods to the idea before turning to Twilight, “The school is something of an odd place Longshot, and if nothing else it will expose you to more of our fair realm. Once you finish with the school and Canterlot I'm sure Twilight will have made arrangements for Longshot's lodgings for the time being.” Twilight merely nods her mind drifting off elsewhere as the sisters make to leave the dining hall.

White Mocha
Is a Sane Pony

Postby White Mocha » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:39 pm

Longshot

Longshot stood and bowed to the Princesses as they left. He quietly considered Twilight for a moment before saying "It's an honor to have met you Minister Twilight." He was surprised to find he'd ment it. He'd oftened wondered what he'd say to the Ministry Mares if he could say anything. In the end though, beyond the anger and, he found still recognized them as heroes deep down. Sometimes heroes fail, he couldn't be upset at them for that.

He turned his attention back to the pair beside him. "So. Let's get going then. I'm eager to see a Canterlot that's not crumbling. And the sky! I've only ever heard descriptions of the sun and stars."

Longshot's Theme

Knight Tyrfang
Is a cackling Pony

Postby Knight Tyrfang » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:33 pm

Tyrfang Peacemaker

"Right. Odd is a good way of saying it..." He said as the royalty left. "And you'll have plenty of time to look at the sun and stars, unless we're scheduled for rain. But I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to rent a balloon or something to get you above."

The guardspony scratched his head, before akwardly admitting "To be honest, I haven't really been to the school all that often, maybe once or twice. Supposed to be stationed there, but..." then cutting himself off, and dismissing the topic.

"Well, we need t stop by my house first. You can't exactly fly, so we're going to have to take the train. I could introduce you to my little brother first, and maybe along the way we can stop and introduce you to Mustang."

Oda
Servant of Trixie
Servant of Trixie

Postby Oda » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:52 pm

Spirit Wind

Spirit smiles faintly at the suggestion to bring starlight, She looks out a window with a soft sigh. "I can't imagine a world where the sun and stars can't be seen honestly... She shakes her head and looks back at tyrfang. "Your house first then? Alright, I'll have to get Starlight first though..." the thought of leaving these two alone with eachother was...uncomfortable, even for a little bit. Maybe she was making too big a deal of this though, after all, it looked like a heat-of-the-moment thing, maybe the creature did something too.

Anyway...It'll be nice to, uhm see your house." She sighs softly being cooped up for so long does have some negatives.

Knight Tyrfang
Is a cackling Pony

Postby Knight Tyrfang » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:20 pm

Tyrfang Peacemaker
Canterlot - Apartments

After Spirit left, Tyrfang took Longshot over to his house, couldn't help but smiling at his fascination over things as simple as the sky and the city like a child in a toy store. But his mood quickly turned when he found that his little brother was missing, with the window wide open. Now standing in front of Mustang's apartment (at least, he hoped it was, he wasn't 100% sure), he was wondering if he should wait for Spirit or just knock.

"...I think I should make clear first Longshot, Mustang's not exactly somepony who I'd say is 100% intact." The guard said. "So uh... try not to stare?"

White Mocha
Is a Sane Pony

Postby White Mocha » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:45 pm

Longshot
Canterlot - Apartments

For Longshot, it was a momentous day. Literally. For the first time, infiltered sunlight touched his face. He struggled not to weep... But he managed to keep it together in front of the strange guard. He wondered briefly if he'd ever come to take it for granted...

He wasn't fully present until he found himself in front of an apartment complex, with Tyr giving a rather odd warning. "I've been friends with changelings, AIs, griffins, and cyberponies. ... Even a full fledged raider the once. Whatever this Mustang's deal is, if it can phase me I'll give you a hundred caps."
Last edited by White Mocha on Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Longshot's Theme

MagusZeal
Site Admin / Lore Master
Site Admin / Lore Master

Postby MagusZeal » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:56 pm

Mustang Magus
Canterlot - Apartments

Walking up from behind Tyrfang and some other pony he caught the last part of their conversation. “Yeah no idea what his problem is, he's only nearly been killed a dozen times by ponies or dragons, had his daughter taken as a hostage, oh and thought his wife was dead. No idea why that would be an issue for him, then there's the whole no pony trusts him and more then a few want him dead. Yeah no idea why he'd be grumpy.”

White Mocha
Is a Sane Pony

Postby White Mocha » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:40 pm

Longshot
Canterlot - Apartments

Longshot turned to eye up the new comer, a bit surprised since he was expecting some sort of physical deformity to be the cause of Tyrfang's warning. His trot bertayed his hoof to hoof training and the condition of his horn suggested he'd suffered just as much as he said he had. Still, he was no fan of the mood. Somehow his grumbling seemed to have actually made the day a bit darker.

"Oh, is this a 'who's life sucks more' challenge? I can match you point for point there, except it was my filly sister who was kidnapped, and she wasn't just held hostage, and my coltfriend is dead. Because what you're born as appearantly makes you a monster by default. As a bonus, I committed horrible atrocities in the name of a madman because he was so smooth and chrismatic, and I so naivé, I thought I was helping to save the world. What I actually did was clear out a cesspool so he could put untold slaves to work in the factories so he could become the true power of the wasteland. And that's just for starters." Longshot chuckled humorlessly. "I'll make you a deal, let's agree both our lives have sucked and we shouldn't waste our time trying to make the other feel worse. Fair enough?"

Longshot's Theme

Knight Tyrfang
Is a cackling Pony

Postby Knight Tyrfang » Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:10 pm

Tyrfang Peacemaker
Canterlot - Apartments

Raising an eyebrow, Tyrfang looked at Longshot funny, not hearing Mustang approaching from behind. "...What's a cap?"

The guard nearly jumped, expecting the unicorn to be at home, not behind him. He was going to say something about the wife comment, but he decided to withhold when Longshot spoke up.

"Well, looks like you two will get along nicely." The guard said somewhat blithely with a bit of sarcasm. "Mustang, this is Longshot. He came from a different Equestria than ours through a mirror down in the vault. I... think it was one of Starswirls? Was that what they said?"

He looked to dimension hopper for confirmation, but moved on. "But anyhow, I was just showing Longshot around the city and was going to bring him to the school. Spirit should be coming along too with Starlight, I left a note on the door of my house, so it should be relatively soon."

MagusZeal
Site Admin / Lore Master
Site Admin / Lore Master

Postby MagusZeal » Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:16 pm

Mustang Magus
Canterlot - Apartments

“Dimension hopping, I swear it's probably half our issues with the dragons.” Looking over the strange pony, Mustang merely nods at him before floating a carrot from his saddle bags in offer to the stallion before taking a bite of one himself. “Deal, least you learn quicker then lover stallion here.” Opening the door to the shared apartment he motions for the pair to follow once he steps inside.

“Had to run an errand for food, I take it Silver and Prank are up to their mischief again Tyrfang?” As he spoke his saddlebags float over to the kitchen counter.

Return to “Dragons in Equestria (RP)”