Canterlot, Ch 6

Where the story plays out.
TwentySided
Site Admin / Benevolent One

Re: Canterlot, Ch 6

Postby TwentySided » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:58 am

?????? - Canterlot - Vault

"It worked! Really Angel it's functioning?! That's wonderful!" A unicorn comes to the shimmering surface, an eyepatch obscuring half his face. "My word its, its...really dark. Honestly I did not entirely suspect that. Though it is leagues better than here." the unicorn surveyed everything that he could see before fixating on Tyrfang, "you there pegasus, and heavily armed unicorn quick, tell me the year! The weather, what happened on your side to cause this. Because you have no idea how much we had to go through just to get our side barely functioning. Not to mention Discords little cronies always hassling any form of progress. They're like roaches! Big ugly flying roaches. Oh and the technology! What level of technology have you achieved! Maybe some history. A bit of current events, and, oh I don't fashion if you have the time."

Knight Tyrfang
Is a cackling Pony

Postby Knight Tyrfang » Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:14 am

Tyrfang Peacemaker
Canterlot - Vault

"Oh dear Celestia, not another tech nerd... Too much to explain, again." Tyrfang groaned, muttering under his breath. "Well my friend here, like you two I can guess, is also not from this Equestria, so guess I gotta speak up. Look first, I'm not sure how me telling you what year it is will help, we might be using entirely different measurement methods. Second, as to how this whole thing happened, I broke this magic mirror on accident, looks like a strange lizard for a frame, and it came alive and attacked us. Smells a lot like chaos to me. I've said before, the weather here is controlled by weather pegasi, so weather patterns are usually what's been properly decided, but I can't give you the details because that's not within my knowledge. As for how advanced our technology is, I can't give you details on that either because that's also not within my knowledge. I swing a sword around, but I know that our guns usually need to use gunpowder to shoot them, and take way too long to reload to be useful. Current events are that we're at war with an encroaching army of Dragons and other species who want to wipe us all out, but I believe we've shifted tides, but I am not entirely sure. And as I've said before, Discord is still sealed, Mane Six halted Nightmare Moon, and that's all I can remember from school. Never paid that much attention. And I'm going to completely ignore the fashion question."

He cautiously trotted closer to the mirror, and brought his face much closer to the glass, to the point his snout was almost touching it. "And it's dark in here because we're in a vault below Canterlot Castle. ...Now what in Tartarus is this thing? Is it portal, weapon, or is it a new form of that weird talking hat Lewis carries around?"

"Oh, you might know something about this." Tyrfang said, recalling something. "Do you know what the heck a 'nerf' is?"

White Mocha
Is a Sane Pony

Postby White Mocha » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:26 pm

Longshot
Canterlot - Vault

Knight Tyrfang wrote:"Not to be rude Longshot, but you currently do not have authority here. I believe that's my job, and if you don't mind I'd like to do it."

"It's not about authority," Longshot stated flatly. "It's about putting an end to bloodshed. If you can do that, be my guest," he gestures at the mirror-portal as he finishes speaking. He sits back, keeping his guns at the ready just in case whilw letting the guard speak. He trys to look at the alicorn without being obvious about it. Should he be bowing to her? He hardly expected to meet an alternate world's princess. But wait, did Tyr just say this world was still ruled by Celestia and Luna? Then this was an imposter after all?! But no... Tyr knew her. Longshot was torn, and it showed as his body trembled slightly.

"Look, you probably won't believe me, but this is the third time I've dealt with stuff like this. You being the second, so could you tell me if there's any buddies of yours coming through? or enemies or anything? Because I'd like to deal with it forefront and give that information to someone else, because I'm a bloody soldier, not an immigration manager."

Longshot was pulled from his own mind, and instantly lost all his nervous enegry as he focused on the here and now. "No, I'm alone. I don't suggest you send anyone through the mirror I came through. The environmental hazzards of my world's Canterlot are... insane."

He was forced to sit a listen as Tyr explained everything yet again. It seems the major history of this world was the same as his own, up until the current war. Dragons? They were pratically balefire bombs as it was. Insanity...

Even so, he couldn't help inserting a quip of his own. "As long as the popular style here isn't raider chic, I think I'll be happy."
We are what we repeatedly do.

Longshot's Theme

MagusZeal
Site Admin / Lore Master
Site Admin / Lore Master

Postby MagusZeal » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:06 pm

???????
Canterlot - Vault

Nearly half of the glass lattice was now a soft golden hue, while the portals wave like distortions slowed. “Great, sounds like we found one of those nexus worlds you were blabbing about Doc.” Looking toward the white pegasus, “As for you, I don't know you so don't presume you know me. The sisters are long dead, Discord awoke and rules all now. As for this mane six group your speaking of we've never heard of them. Also who's the random alicorn back there?

Oda
Servant of Trixie
Servant of Trixie

Postby Oda » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:58 am

Spirit Wind, Better late then never!

Spirit Stared at Longshot, carefully moving closer to tyrfang as she approached the strange glowing portal thing. Longshot had pointed his gun at her! The nerve! Did he want Tyrfang? Not right now at least he seems to be shaking for some reason too, She brushes it off as She reaches Tyrfangs side. Brushing against him with her wing she blinks at the strange denizens of the portal. "My Name is Spirit Wind and Tyrfang is my Special Somepony." She declares firmly putting her wing around Tyrfang as if she suspected that those ponies were also going to try to take him. "Why did that...things demise open this...thing." She says in a confused tone, They were talking about some sort of experiments, nexus worlds and it all went straight over her head. But the words, "the sisters are dead." Struck a cord with her, she didn't even know they /could/ be killed. It showed on her face at least.

TwentySided
Site Admin / Benevolent One

Postby TwentySided » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:23 am

?????? - Canterlot - Vault

The unicorn ran away from the shimmering portal, though his voice could still be clearly heard, "Angel! Did I hear you rightly? An Alicorn? Ask her if the Royals are alright? Oh and if she is a royal herself? Bah, nevermind, if this is a nexus world, then that means we could have found the prime world, or at least one that is closer to the prime! I need to somehow stabilize this! Pegasus! You did something great, well, great for us. I don't know how it will effect you but because of you, we might be able to get out of here! Vector! Vector I need your help, Track the quantum signature of this world, I want records of everything and go get Tankard, I don't know where he is, try the mess hall! He's almost always there. Hahaha! Angel we might need your help as well. Vector, give me the readings, what is the frequency of the string oscillation? See if we can match the chronomatic displacement! Hurry! Where is Tankard?!"

White Mocha
Is a Sane Pony

Postby White Mocha » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:17 pm

Longshot
Canterlot - Vault

So that explained... just about nothing. Well, except what she shouted when she joined the fight. At least she'd had the sense to attack the creature and not him.

Longshot could barely grasp the things that stallion was shouting about, it helped he'd had some time to study Starswirl's writings back in his world. Still, it wasn't enough that he thought he could help. Beside, something else stuck in his craw. "Hang on, I killed the abomination. Tyr's just an immigration officer."
Last edited by White Mocha on Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Longshot's Theme

Knight Tyrfang
Is a cackling Pony

Postby Knight Tyrfang » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:51 pm

Tyrfang Peacemaker
Caneterlot - Vault

Tyrfang sighed, feeling a headache coming along. The over eager unicorn was starting to grind against his nerves because he was pretty sure he had repeated himself multiple times, but the guy was too busy pissing himself with excitement to have listened, and Angelblade on the other side acted just like the one he had met on this side. And the new arrival was starting to make fun of him, which was a very wearing thing due to constant teasing from Mustang.

"Life can't be simple huh." He grumbled, walking away from the mirror. "Spirit, can you entertain the new guests? I'm going to go talk to Celestia about this. Longshot, do... whatever. You can come with me if you'd like."

He sighed while walking up the stairs, he didn't even want to bother flying. "What's next, we gonna get ponies babbling about carts driving themselves, ponies walking on two legs, and hairless monkeys rule the world. Can't have a regular job it seems..."

Oda
Servant of Trixie
Servant of Trixie

Postby Oda » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:15 pm

Spirit Wind

Canterlot Vault

Spirit looks back at Tyrfang her wing still hanging where he just was. It drops to her side and she has a sullen look on her face as she sits on her haunches looking at the strange ponies through the portal now. (I guess he doesn't want to be around me right now...) Letting out a soft sigh, she didn't even know what to do with these strangers, everything they were saying was confusing. They were at at least trying to get through, that's a good thing?

MagusZeal
Site Admin / Lore Master
Site Admin / Lore Master

Postby MagusZeal » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:32 am

???????
Canterlot - Vault

Still holding a blade the mare seemed less interested in fighting and more exasperated by her companion's frantic movement. Her cutie mark hidden by the bundle of blades on either side she paces back and forth as she talks. “You'll have to forgive Doc, he's hard of hearing and likes to speak in babble. Short version Nexus is a world that's connected to many others, makes it easier to find or cross over to. Though from the sound of it something's happening on your end to help this along.” Stopping she glances back at the stallion frantically moving beyond the portals roiling surface her words failing as she turns back. “And they already said the... sisters.... by Luna!

Princesses Luna - GM NPC's
Canterlot - Vault

Descending down the stairs her blueish aura wrapped round the white guard Tyrfang's ear the Princess of the night enters the vaults a half dozen of her personal guard trailing behind her. “Yes, yes, by me.” Releasing the guard the mare of night steps towards Spirit and the yawning portal beyond she merely nods towards the strangely armored stallion that had started to follow the young knight up the stairs. “It would appear that Twilight Sparkle was right and I'd find Tyrfang knee deep in whatever was happening down here, but imagine my surprise that you would risk you beau's health to come make a report instead of waiting for the proper authority to arrive.

Knight Tyrfang
Is a cackling Pony

Postby Knight Tyrfang » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:48 am

Tyrfang
Canerlot - Vault

Tyrfang yelped, wincing as he was being pulled by his ear. Entirely humiliating, and his situation became a whole lot worse as now the princess was berating him on how he treated his marefriend. He opened his mouth to protest, thought better of it, sighed, and just fell over. The soldier did a regulatory salute, but still on the ground, before deciding to just lay there limp.

I'm just gonna lay here now. I'm gonna be a rug from now on. He thought bitterly. Rugs don't have this many problems. And they aren't ridiculed as often. It's not like I'm used to ponies just walking all over me anyways.

Much to his unhappiness though, doing that still bothered him. His sword scabbards were digging into his sides, and it was extremely uncomfortable.

White Mocha
Is a Sane Pony

Postby White Mocha » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:41 pm

Longshot
Canterlot - Vault

The unicorn was feeling a bit confused. Hadn't Spirit just said they were together? How could Tyr be so cold? On the other hoof, he'd basically just invited him to meet one of the Sisters. Before Longshot could even get excited about this however, one of them walked in.

Princess Luna, he said breathlessly, in awe. He'd been able to find the ocassional picture of her in a framed newspaper but this... He was glad she hadn't walked in during the combat.

Realizing he was staring, Longshot... didn't so much bow as lay flat on the floor. "It is an honor and privilege, Princess Luna," he managed to get out, struggling to keep his voice steady. "Consider me at your service, and I don't mean that as a simple plesentry."

Longshot's Theme

Oda
Servant of Trixie
Servant of Trixie

Postby Oda » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:26 pm

Spirit Wind

"So...this world, is basically..." Spirit tried to find a word to help describe the strange situation. "A, big tree, with it's roots going to other...tree?" yeah that sounded stupid. "and you want to use it...to go to other worlds?"First day on the job and already over her head...Though Spirit seemed to brighten up a bit, upon seeing Luna Return with Tyrfang in tow. Though now both stallions are laying on the ground now, did the creature do something to them? or was this some custom around Luna she was unaware of.

Spirit shrugs to herself climbing back to her hooves getting out of the way of the princess, so she could better address the ponies in the portal. "From what I can tell...Lu-Princess Luna." Spirit hastily corrects herself, remembering to include her title. "Some sort of creature thing." Spirit conjures an image of the thing in the air, "Came out from the mirror and after it was, killed? It opened a portal to there." Spirit gestures vaguely at the portal before sitting herself between Tyrfang and the New Stallion.

MagusZeal
Site Admin / Lore Master
Site Admin / Lore Master

Postby MagusZeal » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:35 pm

Canterlot - Vault

Well that is certainly a lot going on, I take it we're not sure why that lattice structure will do once the glow reaches the walls?” Her eye's sweep over the glass lattice the glow soon to reach the walls.

The portal now nearly mirror like the armed mare speaks up, “Sounds very Discordish, based on what she said.” Gesturing a hoof towards Spirit the mare rests the flat of the blade on her shoulder. “I'm guessing nothing good.” If she felt any need for propriety speaking to one of the sisters the mare showed no signs.

I agree, Angel.” The mare beyond the mirror seemed surprised at the fact one of the sister's knew her name. Not waiting for the other mare to speak Luna watches the glow reach the walls. “A version of you is known to us, for reasons to complex to go into now.” Reaching the walls the golden glow suddenly seems to vanish from the lattice the portal winking shut an instant later. For a moment nothing more happens though the sounds of cracking glass fill the vaults before the headless metal figure clanks to the ground. Reaching out with a hoof the princess taps the lattice sending the entire structure crashing to the floor as a pile of glass dust.

Well that was interesting...” Turning to the armored stallion with the strange weapon the princess sits down. “So do you have a name stallion or will we refer to you as portal pony?

White Mocha
Is a Sane Pony

Postby White Mocha » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:00 pm

Longshot
Canterlot - Vault

Longshot stood when the princess directed her attention at the immediate problem, not foalish enough to just keep bowing simply because she hadn't acknowledged him. He winced inwardly when the portal shut, ponies on the otherside needed help and now they were cut off. What was all that about, anyway?

He cleared his mind when asked a question and did something he hadn't done in a very long time: gave a sitrep. "I'm Longshot of the Night Watch, Princess. Or... The Last Watcher, actually." He gestured toward the mirror he came through, I came through that one, so I have no idea what was going on with the portal that just closed. This one is likely still open, however, and I don't know when it will shut. I wouldn't recommending sending anypony through it, there's a powerful and persistant necromantic effect called Pink Cloud that pervades my world's Canterlot. The room the mirror sits in is currently clear, but most of the cave system it sits in is so thick with it you wouldn't even be breathing air."

He paused, wondering if he should add this or not, but after a moment pressed on, his voice much lower. "It killed my world's version of both you and your sister, Princess." He paused again, managing to hold back the liquid that threatened to come through his eyes. "I can't tell you how relieved I am to see you well and in command."

Longshot's Theme

MagusZeal
Site Admin / Lore Master
Site Admin / Lore Master

Postby MagusZeal » Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:18 pm

Canterlot - Vault

Nodding to the armored stallion the princess turns to speak to her guards. “Captain, see to it that guards are posted round the clock in this part of the vault from now on. Specific attention to be given to Longshot's mirror, but also warn them that something else could happen.” Nodding the guard sends one of the others galloping back upstairs while a few others break off.

Turing back to the three ponies before her the princess motions for them to follow, “Hopefully that will be enough for now, though I would appreciate a more detailed accounting of the possible dangers that could follow you through that mirror.” Turning the mare starts back down the hall towards the upper levels of the castle. “Also Spirit my young alicorn, what brought you down here?

Oda
Servant of Trixie
Servant of Trixie

Postby Oda » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:21 am

Spirit Wind

Spirit was half listening to the Strange stallion talk about some watch and pink cloud, Frankly the fact that there were apparently so many alternate worlds out there it made her head spin a bit, Should she even bother trying to keep track of how different the two are? Though something silly as a cloud doesn't bother her. Still this stallion knew about Luna at least.

Spirit turned her head to begin rooting through her saddlebag, intent on finishing off her meal when she was suddenly addressed. Snapping her head back to Luna"Oh, ah I was sent down here due to the silent alarms going off..." She explains meekly, she wasn't sure how to feel about being addressed so casually, by Luna at least. She glances over to the rug that is Tyrfang, wondering if perhaps the strange creature had done something to him before returning her gaze to the Princess. "I though, you know I could help a bit, after everything..." She trails off meekly.

White Mocha
Is a Sane Pony

Postby White Mocha » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:03 pm

Longshot

"I'd be glad to give a full account, but it'd take some time," Longshot offered. He couldn't help but wonder just what the other alicorn had been digging in her pack for. What could be so important in there right now? The silent alarm got his attention. "I'll assume that was me. Were you expecting something to come through Starswirl's mirror? Er, sorry, I just assumed it's Starswirl's, that you had one of him as well."

Longshot's Theme

MagusZeal
Site Admin / Lore Master
Site Admin / Lore Master

Postby MagusZeal » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:07 am

Canterlot - Vault

Setting a brisk pace that left everypony but Spirit trotting to keep up the Luna winds her way through the vaults. “A better question would be which of Starswirl's mirrors it was, there's three that I'm aware of currently. Though for all I know there maybe more, that unicorn was prolific if nothing else with his work. As for the alarms, we've had dragon's and their one time gryphon allies trying to sneak into the vault to pilfer something. That said I'm delighted to see you taking a more proactive role in the war Spirit, which I'm assuming no pony has even mentioned to you, correct Longshot?

White Mocha
Is a Sane Pony

Postby White Mocha » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:12 pm

Longshot

"Your Tyrfang mentioned it in passing," Longshot gestured at him as they walked. "I'll take a land at war with dragons over a land destroyed by war with zebra any day. Or night, for that matter."

Longshot's Theme

Return to “Dragons in Equestria (RP)”