XSGP, Ch 6

Where the story plays out.
TwentySided
Site Admin / Benevolent One

XSGP, Ch 6

Postby TwentySided » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:52 pm

Now a trio of thin two story dormitories stand off to one side of the property while another larger structure remains under construction it's first two floors in partial use already for the school of engineering. Across the garden a new freshly painted pair of airship docks remain partially illuminated in the early twilight of summer, while the docks for both Freelancer teams, the XColts and Avengers, remain dark well away from the light spilling from the school's structures.

Yet on both tarmac's the Blackbird and Flank Breaker rest waiting for their respective teams call to action be it a mission or the defense of the school and their home base within it. Scattered across the green space clusters of students work on projects too large to contain inside the underground labs or bays though careful to stay off the massive doors hiding the underground hangers least they gain the ire of the schools headmaster "Xaiden" Clockwork.

TwentySided

Re: XSGP, Ch 6

Postby TwentySided » Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:48 pm

Doctor Gem Shard - XSGP - Labs

Gem stepped back from his work, his face bathed in a soft green light, the gemstone he had been working on finally complete. It had taken him over half a year but he felt like it was finally complete. Testing had been phenomenal with one minor detail, its cost of use. Like all magic there was a cost that was required to use the enchantment, this was no different. The user after pressing the stone to their neck would gain the voice of Gentle Melody, but doing this for too long caused sore throats and theoretically possible damage if used for extensive periods of time. With the help of Fire as well as testing on himself, the unicorn had judged that two to three hours were safe amounts of usage with roughly the same amount of time inbetween for the body to ease off the strain. It seemed like a fair trade off for one's voice again.

Over these last couple months he had grown rather distant to the rest of the school, sealing himself away in his lab to get as much work as he possible could. Even missing the birth of Mr.Sided's children, a misstep in their friendship but nothing that couldn't be fixed over time. The only one that he really allowed into his labs for more extended periods of time had been FIre Song or Valence. Unfortunately Fire had been away so often on the Mako and Valence was off raising Prism, that most of the time that simply left him alone in the labs toiling away.

He had been sure to send a letter to Melody, telling her that his gift to her was ready and that she should hurry to the school immediately. He had left some of the details out as he didn't want to give away the surprise. "Fire, Fire could you please come here?" The doctor called out, he had made a promise to Fire that he would answer her question some seven months ago, the moment he felt the gemstone was done. Well it seemed like that may in fact be today.

Lucy Took
Iceberg of Friendship
Iceberg of Friendship

Postby Lucy Took » Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:58 pm

Firesong-XSGP-Labs

Firesong had been reading through some notes from Mel's concerts while listening to recordings of her songs, trying to stay on top of what her friend had sounded like before she had lost her voice. She looked up though when she heard the voice of her partner for the past several weeks and went in to see what was going on. "Are you ready for another test? I think I have a better idea of Mel's breathing patterns, it should give you a more actuate reading."
~If this should end in fire, then we should all burn together~

TwentySided

Postby TwentySided » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:22 am

"No, no I don't think that is all necessary, we did enough testing we know the limitations and everything the gemstone will be able to do. All we can really do now is see how Melody enjoys being able to sing once again." Gem said walking up to the mare that had helped him so much throughout these months. The mare that had showed him so much and had made him so happy. "No Melody this is something much more important. Do you remember what I told you back at the diner seven months ago?"

Lucy Took
Iceberg of Friendship
Iceberg of Friendship

Postby Lucy Took » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:33 am

Firesong could feel herself get a little jittery. "How could I forget? I've only been wondering since you said you'd have an answer and I've been wondering even more since you had me come help with the tests. I know that we've both been really busy between testing and tweaking and studying Mel's singing patterns and all of that stuff, but I've really enjoyed it. I've enjoyed getting to be around you and getting to know you better and before you say anything I just want you to know that my answer is still what I said seven months ago." She paused. "And I do hope that we're talking about the future of our relationship otherwise that ramble probably made little sense"

TwentySided

Postby TwentySided » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:05 am

"Of course I was talking about that Fire. Little more has been on my mind aside from the gemstone." Gem answered, moving up to Fire. "You've done so much for me. Come back to help me test the enchantment. You showed me me so much, gave me a reason to smile once again. I can't say thank you enough. There is so much more I want to say. But first your answer." Staring into the mare's eyes, only inches away from her, he leaned in kissing the pegasus he couldn't deny any longer that he loved and wanted to live with for as long as time allowed.

Lucy Took
Iceberg of Friendship
Iceberg of Friendship

Postby Lucy Took » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:59 pm

Firesong leaned in and wrapped her wings around the stallion in front of her, kissing back and taking her time with it. "That's just the answer I was hoping for." she said, grinning widely when they finally finished the kiss. "I'd just been thinking, well, hoping along with the thinking, about once we'd decided that we were going to be honest with each other about all this and just be together, now what? I think that after working on the gem together and my leaves spent at the school we've basically already done the whole dating thing. We've even practically been living together the past few months. So I don't know what now. But I do know I look forward to it."

TwentySided

Postby TwentySided » Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:24 pm

"Hm, that is a fair point." Doc replied, "I don't actually know. I've never been in a relationship that has gotten this serious. I can't say I want to really meet your parents all that much, at least not looking like this, they might start questioning my motives on the whole thing." the enchanter thought outloud. "But honestly I don't fully know. I guess we'll just have to discover it together." Gem smiled hugging Fire once again. "And I for one am excited for it all."

Lucy Took
Iceberg of Friendship
Iceberg of Friendship

Postby Lucy Took » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:28 pm

"Well, I've already told my parents about you when I last wrote, but I'm not going to take you to an awkward family dinner. Given that my sister and I don't get along I avoid them solo, let alone bringing my stallion friend with. I might take you to Hearth Warming or something, but I doubt they'll doubt your motives. Really, what is there to take advantage of? I'm not wealthy. I'm younger, sure, but I'm plenty old enough to make my own choices and it just means I love you for who you are, not just for your looks." Firesong said before taking a moment to think. "I suppose we could just go on as we were, working together and sharing time together, just as a couple instead of just friends,and I would be totally happy doing that, but given how short and unpredictable life is, I wouldn't mind making things more official to others somehow."

captain_borgue
Is a cackling Pony

Postby captain_borgue » Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:45 am

Valence had been busier in the last few months that she could ever remember in all her life. the military had been thrilled with the efficacy of her thermite weapon, though they wanted a more reliable one. she'd put in a lot of time in the lab, and as a result missed a lot of time with Nova and Onyx. Luckily between Noir being home on leave and her parents helping out, there was always someone around to take care of the kids.

Val tromped down to the lab, floating a cup of black coffee in front of her as she went. "Hey Doc, hey Fire," Val said sleepily, making her way to the little desk with the coffee stuff on it and dumping in a ton of sugar. "How's your project thing coming?" she added, yawning, before taking a big drink of what can only be described as ultra-coffee. "WHOOO, yeah that's the stuff! Man, I did not want to get up today. At least Nova's sleeping through the night, so that's nice. But anyway, enough about me. How are you two doing?"

Lucy Took
Iceberg of Friendship
Iceberg of Friendship

Postby Lucy Took » Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:08 am

Firesong had just been reaching for another kiss as her wings were petting her good friend and new significant other when she heard Val speak. She hadn't noticed her enter until the unicorn speak, she'd been too busy either talking, listening or enjoying for that. She looked at Val and straitened her wings, not out of embarrassment for being caught in a private moment, but more out of a desire to allow Valence a proper conversation. In some ways she knew that she probably should be embarrassed, not because she was ashamed of kissing her best friend, but more for having a private moment in a public place. But Val didn't seem to notice or care, and they'd been alone to the best of their knowldge. Besides, at that point she didn't really care who saw her kissing Doctor Gem Shard. The preening might have been a bit more of a personal matter, but kissing? That was allowed in public as long as her friend was fine with it.

"I'm fine,Val. More than fine actually. Top of the world really. I think we both are."
she said with a knowing glance at the doctor. "We just had a wonderful conversation with some brilliant conclusions. Oh, and we also finished the gem for Melody!" she added. "How are you?"

captain_borgue
Is a cackling Pony

Postby captain_borgue » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:07 pm

"Oh, you don't say," Val said, drinking a strong cup of coffee. "Mmm, that's the ticket. Sounds like your research has proven to be far more of a success than mine! I should be jealous," Val said, laughing. "I'm sure Melody will be thrilled to hear the good news. Is she coming here, or are you taking it to her? Oh oh oh! I haven't seen Melody in ages, I'd love to go with you guys if you're going to deliver it to her!" she said, beaming.

There was something very familiar about the expressions on their faces, but Val couldn't quite figure it out. "But anyways. I've been doing okay, I guess. Aside from not being able to figure out a controlled triggering mechanism for the new warheads and Nova starting to teethe and being very unhappy about it, anyways. Good thing Noir and Onyx are around, that's for-" Val said idly, before the caffeine kicked in and she suddenly figured out what she had trotted sleepily into.

"Ooooooooooooooooh, I get it," Val said, knowingly. "So you two finally got it all square, huh? Good for you! Explains why you got the gem working- no more emotional quandries to distract you, huh?" Val said, grinning. "Though try to avoid having babies just yet. I dunno how it is for pegasi, but it was not helpful for me. Hard to do research when you can't really move and all."

TwentySided

Postby TwentySided » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:14 am

Following Val's example, Gem walked over, grabbing a cup of coffee of his own, as he listened to Fire and Val, nearly doing a spit take as his once student, brought up the subject of children, the unicorn calmed down finishing the swig of coffee before letting out a ragged gasp, "Children? Valence, don't you think that's a tad presumptuous for you to ask about?" the doctor questioned, "I mean we are at war, not really a time nor a place to raise children don't you think?" Gem asked before what he had said kicked in, "N-not that I mean yours and Noir's decision was a wrong one of course I just mean that Fire and I are so busy right now, its not really a good time for something like that; even still she is still working for the Mako and I am here and moreover we are just now starting to date! I-I mean I'm not saying that I wouldn't want to start a family at some point but look at me I'm so old! I can't start raising a family now! Again not that I'm saying I wouldn't want to! It's just that...that...I'm gonna just shut up now...." Gem finally calmed, lowering his head a big, his cheeks starting to grow red from his small rant.

Lucy Took
Iceberg of Friendship
Iceberg of Friendship

Postby Lucy Took » Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:57 am

Firesong went over to Doc and nuzzled him. "I'm not sure it's too early to talk about things like kids. Sure, we just started officially dating about ten minutes ago, but we've practically been unofficially dating for about a year. But I agree about the not now thing, I love Nova but I'm defiantly not ready for dealing with a war and motherhood at the same time. Afterwards though....I don't think you're too old, Gem, I told you months ago that I'd rather try for a family and be left with kids than with regrets if anything terrible happened and I still mean it." She put her wing around him. "And we probably should start talking about serious stuff sometime today, Mel's coming, you've met my parents, with a war and your aging we're both living on borrowed time for all we know,we might as well figure out what it is we want.

TwentySided

Postby TwentySided » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:20 pm

"Fire it's almost as if you're trying to guilt trip me into starting a family." He joked, nuzzling the mare beside him. "I know, that my age is definitely a factor in all of this, but at the same time we don't want to rush everything I mean there might be something we can do, I mean both technology and our knowledge on what we can do with magic increases every day." The doctor thought about it, there was always something that could possibly prolong one's life, but then again dying is something that can't be staved off forever unfortunately. It was just something he wanted to keep away from him for the time being.

Lucy Took
Iceberg of Friendship
Iceberg of Friendship

Postby Lucy Took » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:42 pm

Firesong smirked at the first comment "I'm not guilting you into having a family now. OK, not a family of three. A family of the two of us on the other hoof, I think that's something that's manageable to talk about." she said returning the nuzzle. "And for the prolonging of life, if that isn't your number one priority after the war is over, I don't know what would be. Well, scientific priority at least."

captain_borgue
Is a cackling Pony

Postby captain_borgue » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:35 am

Val tried to hold in the giggles, but the more the two of them went on, the harder it was, until she couldn't take it anymore and started laughing and laughing. "Oh, you two are just so ridiculously cute!" she said, squealing delightedly. "Whenever you do get around to having babies, they'll be so adorable!" Val added.

"I do hope we all keep in touch when the war's finally over," Val said, smiling. "But enough about silly things. Are you guys going to take the gem to Mel, or is she coming- hang on a sec, did you tell her about it?" Val said, suddenly serious. "It wouldn't be fair to just spring something so big on her."

TwentySided

Postby TwentySided » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:23 pm

"Yes she's coming here. I believe from Ponyville, after everything that happened to Cloudsdale, if I remember rightly she's been staying with Vinyl till her house is fixed." Gem explained, "W-well I mean I told here that I had a surprise gift I had been working on for her and that after all this time I finally fixed it. I did want it to be kind of a surprise. But yes maybe a bit much? The reason is I didn't want to get her hopes up and then fail. It would crush her so much more knowing that she had a chance at getting her voice back but then I failed to finish or fix everything. At least, at least it would crush my hopes if I were in her hooves. So. I left a bit of the details out when I wrote her, her letter."

captain_borgue
Is a cackling Pony

Postby captain_borgue » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:07 am

"Yeah, that's kind of where I was thinking, too," Val said thoughtfully. "Only I couldn't quite figure out the wording. I would love to go with you when she cones to Ponyville, I miss Mel. We should see if maybe Keelhaul can come too, get the old gang back together," Val said, laughing at the thought. "I still am amazed well all got on that crazy old ship of his. Willingly, even!"

TwentySided

Postby TwentySided » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:16 am

"You say that as if there is something wrong with old things" Gem asked, giving Valence a stink eye. "On a more serious note, I thought the Sisters gave him a bit of funding to upgrade the ship since well, didn't he sign up as a privateer for the Equestria?" the unicorn asked, he honestly couldn't remember, it sounded like something Keel would do. "I mean you'd think that would pay well and plenty enough for him to fully overhaul that ship."

Return to “Dragons in Equestria (RP)”