Equuleus, Ch 2

Enter Luna University near scenic Salt Lick City.
Morningglory
Is a pony

Re: Equuleus, Ch 2

Postby Morningglory » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:11 pm

Doctor Heart turned around to see the three standing in the doorway and smiled. "Ah, there you are. I was wondering where you ran off to. Running around in your condition, what were you thinking?" She asked teasingly. She moved out of the way and pointed at the cot. "If you gents could just put him here, he should be alright. I'll send the nurse back out for something cool to drink." She said, nodding to the bewildered nurse, who immediately bolted out the door, pale faced. Doctor heart shook her head, "Now then. Are you going to stay put this time and rest while I finish patching you up?"

Liberty_Walk
Is a not so serious Pony

Postby Liberty_Walk » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:19 pm

"Right, thanks." Storm sets Chitin down on the cot, and smiles down at him. "So, this marefriend of yours... What's her name again? I'll see if I can't get a hold of her for ya." He stands up and stretches. Chitin's light, but Storm was carrying him for some distance.
When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.
-Albert Einstein
Liberty's theme

TwentySided
Site Admin / Benevolent One

Postby TwentySided » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:46 pm

Chitin - Equuleus - Nurses Office

"Yes...I'm sorry to be so much trouble..." Chitin mumbled simply wanting to just lay there. He was too tired to even move at point. He just wanted to sleep. Looking over to the griffon with lazy eyes, Chitin tried to remember back to the party last night. Everything that he and Ivy had talked about, how much they had talked about. He had been calling her Ivy so much that it was rather difficult to recall her real name. "E-Evelyn, yeah, Evelyn, her name is Evelyn. But she goes by Ivy."

Liberty_Walk
Is a not so serious Pony

Postby Liberty_Walk » Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:28 pm

"Evelyn, huh? Okay, then..." Storm calls up the online student directory, and searches for an 'Evelyn'. "Evelyn... Allistair?" he asks. At Chitin's nod, he punches the number into his phone. As it rings, he asks another question, "You wanna talk to her, or should I?"
When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.
-Albert Einstein
Liberty's theme

TwentySided

Postby TwentySided » Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:45 pm

Motioning for Storm to hand the cell phone over, Chitin softly spoke into the device, "Ivy? Ivy, hi, it's me, Chitin. I'm so, so sorry I couldn't make, make it. I ran into trouble, then ran away from it but they caught me and hit me...a lot. They didn't like that I was, well that I was me. Some nice people brought me to the nurse's, nurse's office." Chitin tried to explain, "I, well I left when I wasn't supposed to, I was trying to get to the greenhouse, but you were already gone when I got there. I'm, I'm so sorry I wasn't there in time Ivy. I tried, I tried my best."

TwentySided

Postby TwentySided » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:02 pm

Hearing her respond, Chitin put on a weak smile, "I don't think I'm going to be going anywhere." He began before hearing only the ending tone, "Okay, bbyyyeeeee" He limply said handing Storm back the phone. Turning to look back at the ceiling.

Liberty_Walk
Is a not so serious Pony

Postby Liberty_Walk » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:05 pm

"Good news?" Storm raises his eyebrows at Chitin, hoping that all is going well for the Changeling.
-Albert Einstein
Liberty's theme

White Mocha
Is a Sane Pony

Postby White Mocha » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:09 pm

Longshot watched in wonder, working telephones that don't even need a wire? Or were they more like personal radios? In either case it seemed this world had some great tech. Nova would just be dying to take it apart. ... Nova...

Longshot shook his head. "Boy could use some," he set the muffins he was still carrying on the table next to him. "You can have your date here instead, eat a muffin, relax, chat, all that good stuff."
We are what we repeatedly do.

Longshot's Theme

TwentySided

Postby TwentySided » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:12 pm

"I think?" Chitin replied, to Storm thinking it over, "She said to not go anywhere and I didn't hear anything else. So I guess?" Chitin replied thinking it over, he could only think that she was heading over, at least he really hoped she was

"Longshot was it?" Chitin asked looking over to the unicorn, "You seem to have a very strange want for muffins. Sorry I never said thank you for the chocolate one you gave me."

Liberty_Walk
Is a not so serious Pony

Postby Liberty_Walk » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:20 pm

"Yeah, muffins? Really?" Storm shrugs, "Guess they can be comforting, right? Still, If she's coming here, I think maybe we ought to clear out, give you some privacy." He writes down a number on a piece of paper, and hands it to Chitin, "Gimme a call, let me know how you're doing, huh?"
Turning back to Longshot, "So, I'm guessing neither of us got breakfast in us proper. Care to join me?"
-Albert Einstein
Liberty's theme

Morningglory
Is a pony

Postby Morningglory » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:20 pm

Ivy landed lightly on the front steps of Equuleus, folding her wings back into her back and shaking her bangs out of her face. She reached for the door handles, but hesitated. She chewed her lip nervously. "All you're going to get is hurt, you idiot." She heard, a spike of fear chain lightning through her mind, making her outstretched fingers twitch. "And you'd deserve it, for being so gullible." She took a deep breath and forced herself to wrap her hand around the handle and pull it open before she could change her mind. Her hooves clicked on the tiles, every step heavier than the last, panic beginning to set in, she almost couldn't breathe. It was only moments, but it felt like hours before she reached the infirmary door. "Don't say I didn't warn you." She reached out and placed a hand on the door, and gingerly pushed it in.

Chitin lay in the cot across the room, just as he'd said. Others stood around, but they faded away as her vision faded from her periphery. Fresh tears began to gather at the corners of her eyes and spill down her cheeks, as she stepped forward slowly, then faster, until she sprinted the short distance to the side of the cot. She wanted to lift his hand, to hold it, but there was so little of him that wasn't damaged that she was terrified of hurting him worse. She laid her head on the side of her bed, guilt at having not believed him sinking her heart like a stone. "Oh... Chitin... I am so... so sorry... I didn't know..." She whispered, her tears soaking into the sheet. "I should have... I should have been there... I should have known, known that something was wrong..." She murmured, her breath hitching in her chest with every word.

White Mocha
Is a Sane Pony

Postby White Mocha » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:27 pm

"When you've lived almost excluisively on 200 year old snack cakes, you'll come to appreciate a fresh baked muffin." Longshot said defensively.

He relaxed when the mare showed up, feeling better that the changeling was in both in good hands and had a chance to talk to the one who mattered to him. He looked at the griffin and nodded at the door. A proper breakfast sounded great. ... Though the way he asked... Longshot stopped once they were outside. "Did you just ask me out before even introducing yourself?"

Longshot's Theme

Liberty_Walk
Is a not so serious Pony

Postby Liberty_Walk » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:37 pm

Storm blushes furiously, "Oh, goodness, no. Just... breakfast." He holds a hand out, "I'm Storm Chaser, by the way."
-Albert Einstein
Liberty's theme

TwentySided

Postby TwentySided » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:40 pm

Chitin held his smile as Ivy came into the room, sprinting over to his bed side crying into the sheets of his bed apologizing profusely for not being there. "It's alright, Ivy, really it, really it is." Chitin answered resting his hand on her head "I've been treated already, by Dr.Heart. It'll, It'll be alright, there was no way you could have known those stallions were going to stop me. I'm sorry I made you worry. Please don't, please don't cry. Sh, sh, it'll be alright. I'm just happy I got to see you today. I never really did get your address or phone number." Chitin tried to calm the mare at his bedside, stroking the top of her head, since it was the only thing he really could do at the moment.

White Mocha
Is a Sane Pony

Postby White Mocha » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:41 pm

"If you insist. I'm Longshot." He bumped his hand against Storm's. "I was just hoping you'd pay, really."

Longshot's Theme

Liberty_Walk
Is a not so serious Pony

Postby Liberty_Walk » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:44 pm

"Hey, date or no, If invite someone, I pay. My policy." Storm grins, a little pained grin, "Not that I invite many people to get food, that often. I'm a little shy."
-Albert Einstein
Liberty's theme

White Mocha
Is a Sane Pony

Postby White Mocha » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:50 pm

"Sounds like a deal. You pick a place, I've been here all of twelve hours, maybe."

Longshot's Theme

Liberty_Walk
Is a not so serious Pony

Postby Liberty_Walk » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:07 pm

"Well, how about brunch? There's this diner in town that does the most fantastic french toast." Storm is trying not to hit on the pony, but... Well, he is kinda cute, in a lanky sort of way.
-Albert Einstein
Liberty's theme

Morningglory
Is a pony

Postby Morningglory » Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:41 am

The warm weight of Chitin's hand on her head, even through her hair, was calming. She could feel the guilt pouring out of her. Ivy's crying slowed to a stop as the shock wore off, and she wiped her tears on the sleeve of her sweater. She surveyed him carefully, taking a full account of the wounds she could see. "Who did this to you?" She murmured, "Who, and why... and..." She paused, taking off her glasses and rubbing the bridge of her nose with an angry sigh. "Nevermind. I think I know already. There's not many ponies on campus who would be so cruel for no good reason." She said quietly. She slid her glasses back on her face, and gingerly took his hand in hers. "Would... would you be able to identify them if you saw them again? I know that Dean Hannibal is going to want to know about this. I'm currently under her protection; I'm sure she wouldn't hesitate to do the same for you." She said softly, gently rubbing the back of his hand with her thumb.

TwentySided

Postby TwentySided » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:46 am

Looking up to the ceiling Chitin recalled what the three looked like "I, can remember them I, I don't need to, need to identify. I can show you, well, um, not right, not right now." Chitin replied, looking to Ivy, holding the mare's hand. Trying to comfort her as best he could. "The first two I believe, I believe they are looking for her right now. Uh, the mares that found me originally in the study room. One of them said they were going to find her, S-Song? N-no, Serenade yes that was her name. Her and a friend found me." the changeling explained. Thinking back on the entire incident. He couldn't fully change into the stallions at the moment, but he thought that maybe just maybe he could try for their voices.

Resting his other hand on his throat, the changeling closed his eyes focusing on changing his vocal cords. "One sounded like, like this. they called him Weights I think., Butch sounded like this, and the third one, I didn't catch his name sounded like this., after giving his demonstration, Chitin couldn't but put cough slightly. The third change had been a bit too much. "Sorry. I shouldn't have done that."

Return to “Equestria University (RP)”