Firefly: Browncoats Rise Again. (RP topic)

Toss up ideas for other RP's you and others might like to see.
ToonNinja
Is a pony

Re: Firefly: Browncoats Rise Again. (RP topic)

Postby ToonNinja » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:56 pm

Chastity Munroe

"Name's Chastity," the mechanic smiled, tapping her mechanical fingers along the edge of her chair arm. "How d'you do?"

She didn't much like this Badger character- even ignoring the stories Rui had relayed from previous encounters- but she wasn't going to let that taint her behavior. Wouldn't be proper.

XaidenShouni
Steampony
Steampony

Postby XaidenShouni » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:05 pm

Tai Rosuto
Persphonie Docks - Outside the Tianlong

Tai stood over on the side of the Tianlong, leaned up against the side of the ship with a cigarette smoldering in his mouth. His eyes were closed and his head tilted down at the ground nonchalantly. 'Rui should know better then to leave me in charge of getting passengers... Oh well, guess it's one of the first mates first priorities...' He thought to himself, resolving to actually look for passengers once he had a little quality relaxation time outside of the ship. After all, tight metal spaces made him nervous occasionally.

Lucy Took
Iceberg of Friendship
Iceberg of Friendship

Postby Lucy Took » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:08 pm

"I wanted to see stars....and such interesting clientele as yourself. This ship isn't my normal standards, but it was available." She opened the door to her shuttle and motioned for the nobleman to sit down. "But tonight is about you, not about me. Is there anything you wish to discuss?" she said, sitting down and pouring the tea.
~If this should end in fire, then we should all burn together~

Korkoa
Site Admin / Pyro
Site Admin / Pyro

Postby Korkoa » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:31 pm

Badger smiled creepily at Chastity, showing his yellow teeth as he leaned back in his chair. "Foin, foin. I like 'er, Ru. Knows 'er place. Seems to know 'er way 'round an engine too, lookin' at the stains on 'er.Well, 'less those're really--" "Okay, enough of that!" Rui growled, leaning across the desk. "What do you want with us, Badger?" "Oh wot, all'at? You owe me, Gao. Owe me a lot, by my books. Time comes when a man ought to pay up 'is debts. Don'tcha think?" Rui sighed and shook his head. "I told you I'd have the coin to pay you back soon, Badger. I just--" "Jus' wot? Need more toim? I gave ya months, Ru. Toim's up. Now, I could do wot I usually do, an' let my men 'ave a go at you an' yer crew, an' take yer ship. But see, I foind meself in need of a good transport ship. Got some cargo to load offworld, livestock."

Rui stared at Badger for a minute, thinking over the offer. He barely tolerated passengers on his ship, and Badger wanted him to take animals? "Livestock. And if we do that fer ya, we're square?"

Badger laughed, showing off his sickly teeth again. "Square?! 'Ell no! You do this job, pro bono, as 'ey say, an' I'll start to see if I can trust ya. 'Is job'll barely take a dent outta yer debt, but I may give ya an extension if ya do a good job on 'is one."

Rui sat back in his chair and crossed his arms, shaking his head. "Yer kidding. You want me to transport livestock in my ship fer nothin'? I don't think so."

---------------------------------------

Atherton nodded at the explanation, sitting on one of the cushions around the small table. "Well, I'd like to get on with my night, but I do have one question. I had thought that I was blacklisted from the Companions Guild. And yet, here you are. What happened?"

Lucy Took
Iceberg of Friendship
Iceberg of Friendship

Postby Lucy Took » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:47 pm

Iris handed Atherton his tea and moved to start rubbing his back. "You were, but I believe in second chances" she said, showing no change in mood at the lie that she had told many times before. "I don't report everything like the other companions do, sometimes worth people are blacklisted for frivolous causes. But I am sure this is something you don't wish to relive, please, drink your tea, it will help relax you, there is much tension on your shoulders."

ToonNinja
Is a pony

Postby ToonNinja » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:48 pm

Chastity Munroe

"Uh, bossman?" Chass glanced over at the captain. "We're still in here, and we still need a job. It's... y'know, kind of something to consider. Up to you, though."

Korkoa
Site Admin / Pyro
Site Admin / Pyro

Postby Korkoa » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:11 pm

Badger chuckled at Chass' advice, and nodded. "Ooh, I like 'er. Smart one, sh' is. Y'don' 'ave much choice, Cap'n. Either ya take m'deal, or we go with th' first option, where you an' yer crew end up in a ditch and I get yer ship. I were you, I'd do s'me charity work."

Rui glared at Badger for a moment, going over his options. There was practically nothing appealing about doing Badger's job, but there was even less appealing about the alternative... Besides, he had his crew to think about, and Chass... He still had to get her out of here , too. "... Fine, Badger. Where's the livestock, and where are we haulin' it?"

Badger leaned back and crossed his arms, looking up at the ceiling of his office. "Weeell... See, 'ere's the t'ing. Customs 'ere don' like me so much. Won't let me offload the livestock without some sort o' papers from local nobility. Yer gonna 'ave to take care of dat bit before you get the cargo. Af'er that comes the easy part. Jus' gotta go to Triumph, 'bout a week from 'ere."

--------------------------

Atherton nodded and took a sip of the tea, starting to relax. "I see. Well it certainly was an undeserved mark." He said, wincing slightly as he felt a headache coming on. He sipped some more tea, trying to sooth his nerves as he continued. "I hired a Companion, and then the captain of her ship challenged me to a duel to the death. My Companion sided with him, and he then beat me using underhanded tactics, and she blacklisted me out of spite."

Mrmegamax95
Is a Sane Pony

Postby Mrmegamax95 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:50 pm

John awoke with a start, breathing heavily. He looked around and realized that he was not, in fact, in and amongst a pack of snarling wolves, as he had been dreaming. In fact, he was quite safe (relatively) in his bunk, plans and contingencies all doodled around him. As it had been since he had arrived on this ship, and with every room before, it was quite messy. The plans and contingencies intermingled with laundry, dishes, and some sacks and suitcases. However, if one were to look more closely, they would notice that the entire room smelled of disinfectant, and that all of the dishes were a gleaming white. If they managed to remove the mess, they might notice something else entirely.

Anyways, the Tianlong's newest pilot got out of his bed carefully. With care and trepidation, he made his way around the room, avoiding certain piles of clutter and waltzing through others. To anyone else, this would have seemed a madness born from some sort of OCD... However, the madness would have gained a new layer if one were to see him stumble and hear a *click*.

Drat, he'd set off one of the future traps. He had to remember to be more sure of foot, else he would have lost his head when that trap was completely put into place to replace the old ones. However, that could wait until later. Right now, he didn't hear the thrumming of the engines at full power, which meant that they were either dead in space... Or docked. He preferred that they were docked. Which was why he was relieved to see some livestock being loaded onto the ship... Well, relatively. Strangers were still strangers.

Once he'd exited the ship, he found a familiar face leaning against the hull's plating. Tai, that queer first-mate fellow. John had talked to him even less than he had with the rest of the crew, but he seemed to be the only crewmember without a "Do Not Disturb Sign"...

"Ho there, First-Mate," called the skinny man in the survival vest, "where might our fine ship be docked? And where else might her captain and mechanic be? ...Also, why the livestock?"

XaidenShouni
Steampony
Steampony

Postby XaidenShouni » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:20 am

Tai Rosuto
Persephonie Docks - Outside the Tianlong

Tai looked up after he lit his second cigarette of the 'outing', shaking the match and throwing it away on the ground. After taking a small drag from it he sighed out the smoke from his lungs. "Well look who decided to join the world of the living." He commented with a good natured grin, knowing John was paranoid but not able to resist the jest. "As for the other queries, Persephonie and with Badger trying to get out of doing some work for him. Honestly you'd think the paranoid one would pay attention to details..." He said under his breath, very softly as he took another breath of cigarette.

Lucy Took
Iceberg of Friendship
Iceberg of Friendship

Postby Lucy Took » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:34 am

"That is terrible, completely unfair of her" Iris said, moving her hands up to his head, fingering through his hair, a motion that was meant to appear to be soothing and romantic, but in reality was meant to spread the bloodflow around and increase the effects of the pain. "At least you need not be lonely tonight."

Korkoa
Site Admin / Pyro
Site Admin / Pyro

Postby Korkoa » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:23 pm

Rui groaned at this new information from Badger. "Seriously? We gotta get around customs fer you now?! How're we supposed to-- Nope, got it. Yeah, this is doable." Badger stared at Ruishi, eyebrow raised. "Wot? Wot's doable? Th' job? 'Ow you lookin' to get 'round customs?" "Trade secret." Rui said, getting up and motioning for Chass to do the same. "Just have the stock there by this afternoon, we'll do yer job fer ya." With that, Rui turned and led Chass out of Badgers office, visibly relaxing as they left. "Oookay then. Well, I gotta get back to the ship and work out that customs thing, are you okay Chass?"

------------------------------

Atherton winced as the headache began to grow, nodding slightly and feeling pain even from that. "Yes... Quite... Though my head seems to be pounding somewhat terribly, do you happen to have anything for that?"

Mrmegamax95
Is a Sane Pony

Postby Mrmegamax95 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:49 pm

"I was a bit too focused on ensuring that my flying wouldn't rip the ship apart or leave us stranded in space to hear them, Tai. By the way- Wait... Badger?! He's here?! Oh God, we have to get off this planet! I have to get off this planet!" And with that, John ran back into the ship. He entered his bunkroom before hurriedly starting to pack some clothes. Hopefully he would be able to use one of his fake identities and get on another ship before Badger caught on to his presence. He'd been lucky enough to escape the bounty the last time he'd tangled with Badger. This time, the unscrupulous ball of sludge knew a lot of the pilot's tricks... And he would be expecting new ones.

How could he not have known that this sort of thing would happen?! This was a mistake that he would have made years ago, not now! Had he truly gotten so wrapped up in the ship and her crew that he hadn't been on the lookout for this? Truly, John would have to be more alert next time.

XaidenShouni
Steampony
Steampony

Postby XaidenShouni » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:45 pm

Tai Rosuto
Persphonie Docks - Outside the Tianlong

Tai stared after the flustered pilot as he hurried back inside the ship self-soothsaying all the while. 'Eh.. He'll have to come back this way if he wants to really leave, he's not getting off of the crew THAT easily.' He was curious as to what exactly Badger had done to him to make him like this, but as usual he knew it would come out eventually so he wasn't worried as he took another puff of his cigarette and continued to stare at the sky.

ToonNinja
Is a pony

Postby ToonNinja » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:54 pm

Chastity Munroe

"Fine, boss," the mechanic shrugged. "Just sorta feel like I need a shower. You need me to take care of anything else, though?"

Lucy Took
Iceberg of Friendship
Iceberg of Friendship

Postby Lucy Took » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:29 am

Iris continued the rubbing of her victim's head for a moment, deciding to keep up the act for a while longer, at the very least until the effects were in full force. She pulled a bag of tea leaves out and placed it in Atherton's empty cup with some of the hot water. "That should help, just relax." She motioned towards the bed. "Perhaps you would like to lay down?"

Return to “RP Clearing house”