Mafia semi-RP

Toss up ideas for other RP's you and others might like to see.
Korkoa
Site Admin / Pyro
Site Admin / Pyro

Mafia semi-RP

Postby Korkoa » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:57 pm

Okay, so this is a kind-of RP based on the IRL game Mafia. (Or Werewolf, as I've heard it called) I say kind-of RP because it's more of a game, though people are assigned classes and do stuff and-- Y'know what, I'm just going to explain the game and see if we have any interest.

MAFIA: SEASON ONE

Yeah, season one. So I'm being optimistic and hoping it goes beyond one game. Anyways.

Everfree has been a small, peaceful town since it was first founded. Very little crime, almost no disease, and everyone was happy. And then, the Mafia moved in. Just a few of them, and they were evicted quickly, but their cancer had already taken root. They had recruited some of the local townsfolk, though nobody knew who. These new Mafia laid low, waiting patiently for their chance to strike and take the town for the rest of the Mafia...

Okay, so basically it's sort of a game of Cops and Robbers, with a few additional roles, and less running around with flashlights. now, to explain the game!

RULES

ROUNDS

There are two repeating rounds to the game, Day and Night. During the Night, the Mafia, Doctor, and Detective will preform their roles (to be explained later) in secret, so nobody knows who they are. During the Day, the Civilians and everyone else vote on who they think the Mafia is, and the victim of the vote in lynched.

ROLES

Roles will be assigned randomly to every player, and they are expected to keep their role a secret from each other. Alliances may be formed between players, however, if you are willing to reveal your role. (Or lie about it. ;) )

Civilians: The bulk of the players, the Civilians outnumber everyone at the start. As such, during the Day vote, they have the most power, if they work together. If the Mafia are to be driven from the town, it will be up to the Civilians to do it.

Doctor: The Doctor is active during the Night, and he will PM the Game Master with his decision of which player he wants to protect. If that player is targeted by the Mafia that night, the player is saved. The Doctor may protect himself, but only ONCE PER GAME.

Detective: The Detective is active at night, and his job is to PM the Game Master with who he wishes to investigate. He will then learn the role of the player he chose. He can use this information during the Day vote to accuse the Mafia, or to attempt to draw suspicion away from an innocent. NOTE: It is not advised for the Detective to reveal himself, as the Mafia will likely target him!

Mafia: The bad guys of the game, the Mafia is a group of a few players that will attempt to take over the town. During the Night round, they will converse amongst themselves, and then PM the Game Master with the name of ONE player they wish to kill.

NOTE: EVERYONE votes during the day round, even the Mafia!

Now, to play a decent game we'll need around 10 players, if I get more I may add more roles in or not.

PLAYERS

1. ToonNinja
2. MagusZeal
3. DistractedPony
4. ~Lucy Took~

(If you have any questions, or are confused about anything, please ask and I will clarify.)

ToonNinja
Is a pony

Re: Mafia semi-RP

Postby ToonNinja » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:00 pm

Count me in. Been a while since I've played this game.

MagusZeal
Site Admin / Lore Master
Site Admin / Lore Master

Postby MagusZeal » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:18 pm

*Twirls mustache* Might as well.

DistractedPony
The Distracted One

Postby DistractedPony » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:21 pm

This sounds really interesting. I'm in.

Korkoa