Where the story plays out.
MagusZeal
Site Admin / Lore Master
Site Admin / Lore Master

Re: Canterlot, Ch 6

Postby MagusZeal » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:49 pm

Princesses Luna - GM NPC's
Canterlot - Vault

Moving through the passages with a practiced Luna continues the conversation. “I would be careful with that sort of sentiment considering zebra's are a part of the Draconic alliance, as were most of the gryphons until recently. Though I supposed your version of the world had much fewer dragons and perhaps elder wyrms were not a part of it at all. Truth be told until recently we were purely on a defensive response.

White Mocha
Is a Sane Pony

Postby White Mocha » Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:40 pm

Longshot
Canterlot

Longshot shook his head. "We had dragons, but they weren't unified in any way. The zebra managed to convince some to fight for them on an individual basis, though we don't know how. That's a long story however... I don't suppose we could eat while we spoke?
We are what we repeatedly do.

Longshot's Theme

Oda
Servant of Trixie
Servant of Trixie

Postby Oda » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:55 pm

Spirit Wind

The mare lets out a sigh "I'd honestly take Zebra's and their strange pink gas thing, then dealing with dragons who say something, then the next thing you know, you can't even controlyourownbodyandtheytrytokidnapyourdaughter!" Spirit seemed almost in hysterics for a moment before taking a deep breath. "Sorry, but yes luna I'm trying to take a more progressive role yes..." The mention of food from the strange pony though, made her thoughts snap back to her meal, a bit of pancake floats out and she nibbles on it. "Food would be nice, my own meal was interrupted."

MagusZeal
Site Admin / Lore Master
Site Admin / Lore Master

Postby MagusZeal » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:12 pm

Canterlot - Vault

Smiling at the other alicorns response Luna nods the small group exiting the vaults into the castle proper. “Breakfast sounds like an excellent idea.” Moving past the assorted guards one of her Lunar Knight's steps out issuing orders to the other guards. “We'll send for the Field Marshal to join us, and we can update her and my sister of this. I'm sure they'll be most interested to hear Tyrfang's perspective on all of this as well. Is there anything you'd care to dine upon Longshot?

White Mocha
Is a Sane Pony

Postby White Mocha » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:08 am

Longshot
Canterlot - Vault

"Anything.Just... so long as it's fresh." Longshot said, keeping it brief. He had to fight an urge to ... he wasn't even sure what. But it'd be something terribly embarassing he was sure. He needed to make sure to show he could be an asset to the princess though, so an overt show of emotion was out.

Too bad he couldn't get that damn smile off his face.
Last edited by White Mocha on Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Longshot's Theme

TwentySided
Site Admin / Benevolent One

Postby TwentySided » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:36 am

Shining Armor - Canterlot - Second House

Wheeling himself into the living room of his families house the stallion let out a sigh. He was glad to be away from the castle, it was getting to be a mad house in there what with the nation's forces actually taking back territory from the Alliance. Even still being off the frontlines, it still concerned him greatly. No matter how hard he tried he couldn't get the images of Cloudsdale out of his mind. Often waking up in a cold sweat. He had told Cadence of these nightmares and it had ultimately been her suggestion for him to come here. Away from all the talk of conflict and war, of dragons and soldiers, somewhere, where he had fond memories. Looking down to the wheelchair he now found himself stuck in Shining grimaced, no amount of fond memories and good times was ever going to be enough to fix it.

Oda
Servant of Trixie
Servant of Trixie

Postby Oda » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:50 pm

Spirit Wind

"Pancakes." States Spirit in an almost dreamlike manner, finishing off the morsel she was working on as they walked. "Those are always fresh." She looks back at Tyrfang, wondering if he was going to follow, still feeling a little hurt about him just ditching like that. She sighs and looks at Longshot after a few moments. "You seem rather happy, is the promise of food cheering you up too?"

MagusZeal
Site Admin / Lore Master
Site Admin / Lore Master

Postby MagusZeal » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:38 pm

Canterlot - Dining hall

Not waiting for Longshot's response Luna bursts into the dinning hall, her Royal Canterlot voice echoing across the hall sending the castle staff galloping into action. “PANCAKES IT SHALL BE!” Ignoring the questioning look from her sister at the head of the table the Princess of the night trots through the hall to take a seat to her sisters right motioning a wing for the other three ponies to sit. “Where is the venerable field marshal?

Eye's looking questioningly at her sister and then to the trio taking seats Celestia seems to put off any question she has in mind. “She'll be here shortly, much like you the disturbance this morning has her running late.

White Mocha
Is a Sane Pony

Postby White Mocha » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:13 pm

Longshot
Canterlot - Castle Dining Hall

Longshot winced, taken aback by the shout. He suddenly wished he wasn't quite so close to the princess. He wished somepony had warned him she could be so exuberant. It was all worth it to see Celestia, however. He'd been expecting it, but his breath was no less taken away to see her alive. Especially in a hall he'd seen in ruins in his own world's Canterlot.

He bowed, though only to a reasonable level this time. "Princess Celestia. It is an immense honor. I expected my arrival to cause a stir, but not to this extent. I apologize."

Longshot's Theme

Knight Tyrfang
Is a cackling Pony

Postby Knight Tyrfang » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:33 pm

Tyrfang Peacemaker

Tyrfang was silently brooding, now longer a rug, while almost reluctantly following the procession and half listening to their conversation. It was amusing seeing Longshot so excited about the princesses, much different than when Clockwork and Lewis had popped up, but it faded quickly as Luna's admonishment continued to ring in his head. Spirit had looked back at him a few times, but he pointedly avoided her gaze, unable to look her straight in the eye. He felt ashamed, but something else was eating at him.

This was the first time Tyrfang had been openly cold to the wind alicorn, and unwittingly so. Ever since the conversation with Angel, it was impossible for him to ignore how he felt about Spirit, Mustang and Starlight especially. It made him feel especially bad, since Starlight was just a filly, and he had done his best to encourage Spirit to warm up to her. And it was none of their fault, he'd said so countless times to convince Mustang's wife, but her calling him out on his words started to make him wonder himself...

The guard bit his tongue as he wordlessly bowed to the other Royal Sister, his mind definitely not on food. Tyrfang needed to talk to Spirit, but he didn't want to bring it up now. It didn't seem appropriate, and something about bringing up relationship troubles in front of the Princesses seemed to both be disrespectful, and incredibly unlucky, even more so when one of them had already pointed it out.

MagusZeal
Site Admin / Lore Master
Site Admin / Lore Master

Postby MagusZeal » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:41 pm

Princess Celestia – GM NPC'
Canterlot – Castle Dining Hall

Nodding toward's the unfamiliar pony the Princess of the Sun questions him before turning to look at those more familiar to her eye. “Well as Luna said my little pony, things are often strange hectic around here. I assume from what little I'm aware of your the pony who came through the portal?” She let the question hang for a moment before speaking to the other ponies set to enjoy breakfast with her that morning. “So to what honor do I owe young guard Tyrfang being silent, and I assume Spirit Wind asked for the pancakes?

Knight Tyrfang
Is a cackling Pony

Postby Knight Tyrfang » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:58 pm

Tyrfang Peacemaker

Tyrfang stiffened as he was suddenly addressed by Princess Celestia herself. The guard felt really uncomfortable now, wanting to avoid bringing up anything. Plus he was not sure how to approach the situation, one of the leaders of all ponykind addressing him so casually over breakfast. He was also suddenly very much aware that he was having breakfast with the leaders of all ponykind.

Clearing his throat, the pegasus nervously, and quickly checked if his mane was in order, then cleared his throat. "Ah, I-it's nothing, your majesty. I just talked with Angelblade recently, she has a... uh... strong personality."

Oda
Servant of Trixie
Servant of Trixie

Postby Oda » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:06 am

Spirit Wind

Canterlot dining hall

The green mare had seated herself in such a way that she was between the new pony and Tyrfang. She couldn't be happier though, Princess Luna had ordered Pancakes! She happily dug in as Celestia Entered, sparing a glance for a moment, before doing a double take and give a bow to the princess, "Yes, I...was really hungry for pancakes." She explained meekly, feeling a little shy about being in the presence of both sisters, and the fact they took the time to know her favorite food. Not that she kept it well hidden though.

Spirit nudged a little closer to Tyrfang when he started to speak though, curious to what he talked with this Angelblade about. "Not as strong as my mothers perhaps." she mumbled to herself.

MagusZeal
Site Admin / Lore Master
Site Admin / Lore Master

Postby MagusZeal » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:40 pm

Princess Luna – GM NPC'

Giving a quicical look towards the only seated Guard Luna seems to ponder something while chewing on her own pancakes, “Is that what we're calling it?” Ignoring the pointed look coming from her sister she turns towards the opening doors and the approaching Field Marshal. “Field Marshal Sparkle, may I introduce Longshot, the Last Watcher. Apparently he heralds from another version of Equestria that went into an apocalyptic war with the Zebra's instead of an assortment of the other races.

Her face a mask the purple unicorn looks over the stranger sitting at the dinning table. “So your the pony that came through another of Starswirl's mirrors?” There was weight to the mare's words though it seemed directed at some pony else at the table. “So Longshot, sorry if I'm brief, but what can you do?

White Mocha
Is a Sane Pony

Postby White Mocha » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:35 pm

Longshot
Canterlot -Castle Dining Hall

Longshot didn't waste anytime once the food arrived. He was starving and it smelled delicious; the taste did not disappoint. He was lost to the world as he became a one-pony swarm, devouring the pancakes. At least, until he heard the Princess announce his own name. He looked up and didn't need to hear the newcomer's name to know it. She was much younger than in the posters and newspaper clippings, but it was impossible not to recognize her. "Ministry Mare Sparkle..." Even he couldn't decide if he was awed or angry. Her magical prowess was legendary, but her Ministry made the Megaspells that ended his world... Surely she had the best of intentions, but what does that really mean when they lead to Tartarus?

He realized he was carrying around his old prejudices, which had almost gotten him in trouble when the alicorn arrived. This mare had done nothing of the sort... yet. The only thing he knew for certain was that she had a mind that could end worlds.

He processed all this as she spoke, which made it a bit more difficult to answer the complicated question. "What can I do? That's a bit broad; I surived the wasteland for a decade, by myself for long stretches. I can do a little bit of everything, I suppose. I'm good at covert missions and when it comes to building and maintaining things with scrap, I'm among the best, but my real talent lies in my sharpshooting. For small teams I also make excellent support, my magical talents run toward imbuning spells. I can work with a wide breath of spirits, though I also know the cloudwalk spell and can teleport short distances. Good for tactical movement, but not really for travel." He pauses a moment then nods, "That covers the big stuff, I don't really know what's relevant though..."

Longshot's Theme

Knight Tyrfang
Is a cackling Pony

Postby Knight Tyrfang » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:55 am

Tyrfang Peacemaker

Tyrfang's wince was noticable at Spirit's mention of her mother. Another reason for him to tread carefully. "I believe that's what I will call it. I'm not brittle, but I'd prefer to keep my bones intact your highness... It'd be hard to compete with Mustang if I was crushed underhoof."

Stopping himself, the guard had realized that the last part had slipped out of his mouth, and immediately clammed up and tried to pretend nothing happened and saluted the Field Marshall.

"If I may also add, Longshot is sane and has been a pony all the time from what I can tell." Tyrfang added hastily. "No relation to Clockwork or Lewis." If I may ask, how many mirrors did Starswirl have?"

White Mocha
Is a Sane Pony

Postby White Mocha » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:42 am

Longshot
Canterlot -Castle Dining Hall

Longshot gave the young guard a skeptical look but decided it best to address this to the Ministry Mare rather than him, he'd probably come off as insulting. "If I'm sane by the standards of this time period, I fear for how far gone this Equestria is."

Longshot's Theme

MagusZeal
Site Admin / Lore Master
Site Admin / Lore Master

Postby MagusZeal » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:35 am

Twilight Sparkle – GM NPC's

If the mare heard the guard's initial comment, she gave no sign though from the looks the Royal Sister's were exchanging it was clear they had. “Considering the ponies Tyrfang is referring to I'd take that as a compliment given his work with both of them.” Trotting forward, the mare takes her seat at the table her eyes idly passing over the syrups and other foods accompanying the pancake laden breakfast. “That said, scavenging and improvising skills are of use, especially given what I've seen of your weapons. It's only in the last few months that our own gunsmiths have managed to produce a repeating rifle fit for possible mass production, though the Alliance has been ahead of us for some time. Also don't sell yourself short Longshot, few can manage teleportation of any type. Aside from myself, Luna and Celestia, I only know of two ponies that can manage it with any reliability, of course there are the outliers...

Thoughts wandering the mare's eyes scan over the syrup's before continuing, “What can you tell us about your Equestria's magic and technology? I'm curious as to what created such a dire situation given the way you and the princess have spoken of it.

White Mocha
Is a Sane Pony

Postby White Mocha » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:19 pm

Longshot

MagusZeal wrote:"Also don't sell yourself short Longshot, few can manage teleportation of any type. Aside from myself, Luna and Celestia, I only know of two ponies that can manage it with any reliability, of course there are the outliers..."

Longshot gave a wistful smile at that. Silver had learned to teleport before they were even sent out on their first mission. And Solem had taught it to him while she was still a foal. Though those weren't fun lessons...

"What can you tell us about your Equestria's magic and technology? I'm curious as to what created such a dire situation given the way you and the princess have spoken of it."

Longshot's expression fell almost instantly at the question, becoming much more grim. He pondered how to answer, letting the silence stretch for a time before answering. "To understand how my Equestria came to it's state, you'd need to understand more than just our arcanotechnological advances. ... It all happened over two hundred years ago, so details are sketchy, but the Night Watch knew the broad strokes thanks to our origins in a Stable."

"The war started over resources. We had gems and our zebra allies had coal, the former had many uses in magical item creation and the later was a cheap source of electricity, so we traded. But the gems were worth much more, and the zebra felt they were getting a raw deal. I don't know what sparked it, but ultimately this grew into a full scale war."

"It soon grew beyond a war for resources though. At a remote school for magic, gaurds wiped out approaching zebras only to discover too late they weren't an invaiding or raiding force but refugees. A single zebra, a former operative, managed to survive. Using means unknown they killed every stallion, mare, and foal at the academy. There was not a single survivor."

Longshot paused to look at the royalty he was sharing a meal with. "Princess Celestia stepped down after that, leaving Princess Luna sole ruler of Equestria. There was no going back from that moment... My Princess Luna, in setting up her regime, did something Princess Celestia wouldn't allow: getting the Bearers of Harmony involved in the war." He shifted his gaze back the lavender mare. "She founded a ministry for you- your counterpart and each of her friends, so you might have the power to bring an end to the war." He looked hard at the mare, not sure how specific he could get with this mare... even planting the idea could be dangerous here...

"The Ministry of Wartime Technology invented power armor which turned single ponies into living tanks, the Ministry of Peace dedicated itself to healing the bodies of those on the battlefield and the minds of those at home. The Ministry of Morale fought espionage while the Ministry of Arcane Sciences, your ministry, developed the megaspell... It's unclear just how they were made, but necromancy was clearly inolved. Whatever the methodology, they were city busters. Killing in fire and seeding the area with the invisible killer: radiation. And somehow the zebras got ahold of the technology. They wiped out Cloudsdale, Manehatten... every major city in a maner of hours. Canterlot got a special version; Pink Cloud. The zebra likely wanted to make sure the Princesses..."

He looked away, eyes closed and took a steadying breath. "They knew we'd retaliate with our own megaspells, but when they realized the war was lost they chose to end the world rather than fall under the rule of... He paused to look apologetically at Princess Luna. "Nightmare Moon... Their beliefs, their propoganda prevented them from understanding the difference between you and your alter ego."

Longshot collected himself as he considered how to wrap this up. He unslung his rifle and set it on the table, "This gun has never killed a single pony. But I've killed more ponies while using it than I care to remember. Technology only gave us the means to end our civilization, but it wasn't the cause. We stopped seeing our foes as poni- ... as people, and they did the same. They painted us as worshiping pure evil, we painted them beings incapable of Harmony. That put the world in the state it is in now, the megaspells were only the means."

Though it's a means I'd rather keep out of your hooves just in case,
Longshot thought to himself as he took on the assembled ponies to see the effect his story had.

Longshot's Theme

MagusZeal
Site Admin / Lore Master
Site Admin / Lore Master

Postby MagusZeal » Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:25 am

Twilight Sparkle – GM NPC's

For a short while Luna and Twilight shared a look before the lavender mare sigh's, “Pink Cloud, mega spells and armor that turns a lone pony into a fighting force. Least a war over resources makes more sense then what Darkfang has managed.” Turning away from those dining the mare stares at her plate saying nothing.

Not wanting the silence to go on any longer the princess of the sun speaks up, “Twilight, are you alright?

Return to “Dragons in Equestria (RP)”