Canterlot, Ch 6

Where the story plays out.
TwentySided
Site Admin / Benevolent One

Canterlot, Ch 6

Postby TwentySided » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:45 pm

Often called the Jewel of Equestria the city perched on the edge of a mountain around the castle of the same name is home to not only the aristocracy of the country but also that of the royal sisters, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna. Nestled within the cities gleaming spires the headquarters of both branches of the Peacekeepers along with all three branches of the Royal Guard orders share the cities grandeur though only the members of the Royal Guard patrol it's streets. With winter quickly approaching, the city itself is alive with both military personal meeting with officials as well as shops and artisans changing their wares for the coming season.

White Mocha
Is a Sane Pony

Re: Canterlot, Ch 6

Postby White Mocha » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:27 pm

Longshot - Canterlot - Some unkown, secure warehouse for the storage of potentially dangerous magical artifacts

Longshot came stumbling out of the mirror, stepping between worlds was not the most pleasent experience. The moment he had his hooves under him his rifle came up... and he cursed. It was too dark to see anything. A bit of fiddling with his PipBuck put it into flashlight mode. His EFS showed nothing, yet, but it could've been damaged in-transit, or it might simply not be able to detect whatever lived here...

As soon as he had the chance to look around he knew he was in a warehouse; he'd just seen what had become of the Ministry of Awesome HQ just a few days ago (Luna, had it really been days already?) and this looked much the same. It was clearly a different building but a disused warehouse was disused warehouse.

Another mirror across from the one he'd come out of caught his eye, it was pretty hard to miss, with the swirling colors in it and the mind bending designs around it's edges. Longshot stepped closer to it, curious, but he could make out nothing sensical in the colored shapes. He'd dealt with enough dangerous unkowns in his time to recognize one when he saw it. First insticnt said to smash the thing, but in a new world with no back up...? He decided it was best to leave it for now, smashing it might wind up just releasing something anyway. It's in a warehouse after all, surely somepony knows it's here.

Longshot turned away and followed down the aisle to try and find an exit.
We are what we repeatedly do.

Longshot's Theme

Knight Tyrfang
Is a cackling Pony

Postby Knight Tyrfang » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:52 pm

Prank Happiness
Canterlot - House Goofballs

"Booooooored" Prank complained to himself as he rolled around on the floor of his room. The colt had just finished another tinker project, and promptly dismantled it and built it again in the past couple hours. The little colt quickly ran out of stuff to do these days, ever since his older brother had grounded him to the house.

"A year, come on that's just stupid!" He said to himself for the umpteenth time in the same situation. "Besides, that wasn't the worst situation I was in! And there were adults too, I was being responsible!"

Continuing his grumbling and his rolling, his eyes were stuck on his window. There was one reason he was obediently sitting in his room, and not attempting any harebrained schemes to trick his older brother (Affectionately now known as Boogerhead) and sneak out more often, and he was hoping it'd tap on his window soon.

Smoking Gun
Canterlot - Smoking Gun Offices

In her office, Smoking was wandering about going through her normal routine since the sun had risen. Her guns were cleaned, hat and scarf properly cleaned and mended, the harness Clockwork and Doc had given her to help test was on, and neatly straightened, and she had made her bed and cleaned the office properly. Not something she did normally before, but she almost felt obligated now. The mare trotted over to her fridge, and cracked it open to see what she still had in stock.

"...Merg, I need to go grocery shopping, don't I?" Smoking grumbled to herself, rubbing her temples. "Really can't make much with this. Not that I could make much anyways, but whatever, it's still food. Maybe I'll sneak a smoke and a drink while I'm out..."

Trotting out of her office, not bothering to grab her hat, scarf, guns, or even locking the door, she moved over to next door she knocked, and called pretty loudly.

"Hey Mustang, you up? I'm going grocery shopping real quick, anything you need?" She asked, tapping her hoof impatiently.

Humble Trot
Canterlot - Humble Deals

Humble Deals always had a good reputation for opening on time, and closing when nobody needed to shop there anymore. Today was a little different, with the sign still saying closed.

The store had been prepared for store opening, everything being dusted and the shelves being restocked, but Humble did not plan on opening that day. She'd even put on a cloak, as well as strapped on a holster for a pistol that she hid in her room. Trotting up to the 2nd floor living quarters, Humble barged right into her companion's room without warning. "Deal, wake up. We've got business to do."

Tyrfang Peacemaker
Canterlot - Castle

How come everytime I come here lately, something's always happening. Tyrfang thought to himself, as he charged down to the vaults. He'd been told that some alarm had been triggered down in the castle vaults, and he was apparently was on duty since he appeared to be idle.

On arrival, he did not expect to see something akin to a basement filled with a bunch of knicknacks. The pegasus guard had expected it to be filled with gold and baubles, since he'd never been down before, but it had a distinct feeling (and smell) of his basement at home. He reminded himself to clean that up when he had the chance, and flew overhead to try and spot where the intruder could have been.

"...There!" He exclaimed, spotting what looked to be a pony trotting down the aisle. He dove down quick, and swooped down behind him by a few paces. his wing tapped something that looked like a mirror, causing it to wobble and tip, but he didn't pay too much head to it at the moment, as there were more pressing matters. Tyrfang had a good feeling that a lot more things are gonna get broken, so another mirror or two wouldn't hurt.

"You there, stop where you are! Under decree of the royal sisters, you are not permitted to be down here!" Tyrfang barked, wary to draw his sword.

MagusZeal
Site Admin / Lore Master
Site Admin / Lore Master

Postby MagusZeal » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:34 pm

Mustang Magus
Canterlot, Shared apartment

Standing up at the question the stallion stares back at his reflection in the mirror, sweat glistening from his hide. Haunted eyes stare back from beneath the scar's mar the area around the base of the well cared for horn of his race. Taking a few breaths to steady his breathing from the workout he wordlessly stares at his reflection. Turning his gaze the stallion ignores the scars crossing over most of his hide, beneath once again well toned muscles ripple at the movement. “I'm up.”

Floating a towel from a clump on the floor the stallion opens the door, “Beyond a bath, I don't really need much. I take it Silver's already out?” A glance past the detective showed an empty peg where his daughter's sword normally hung.

Silvershine
Canterlot – Street

Scooping up a few pebbles the young yellow hued filly throws one, then another quickly up at her young colt friend's window. Looking either way down the street her sword harness shifting at the movement before throwing two more pebbles at the window. Since their return she'd grown used to the stares that came with being her father's daughter, and for openly carrying a weapon at all times.

White Mocha
Is a Sane Pony

Postby White Mocha » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:08 pm

Longshot
Canterlot - Basement

Longshot heard a cry from behind him and spun around, bringing his rifle to bare in a moment, mentally cursing himself for dismissing his EFS so quickly as it clearly indicated the presence.

A pegasus came in for a rather clumsy landing, barely more than a colt. Armed but unarmored and with a voice clearly practiced at bellowing, Longshot couldn't help but think of the scavengers in the Wasteland. At least this one seemed like he was well fed.

He lowered his rifled as the young colt threatened him and managed to keep from laughing. The kid was alone if the EFS really was working properly, and in these confines he'd be forced to choose between his flight for a height advantage and using the melee weapon he'd drawn. If it came to blows, Longshot was certain he had the upper hand. Still, coming to blows wasn't what he wanted with his first encounter in a new world. "Calm yourself, kid," he said as amicably as he could manage while still being prepared for an attack. "I'm not here for trouble and I'd be happy if you would lead me out of here. In fact, if you'd take me to whoever's in charge, that'd be great." The unicorn hesitated before daring to ask, thereby admitting to the hope it was different here. "Are... The Royal Sisters, are they still alive here?"

Longshot's Theme

Knight Tyrfang
Is a cackling Pony

Postby Knight Tyrfang » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:25 pm

Smoking Gun
Canterlot - Apartment Building

"Yeah, said she was going out." Smoking said. "Mind house sitting, and watching the office? I'll be back in a flash, just getting some things from the store, need to restock the fridge."

Prank Happiness
Canterlot - House Goofballs

Shooting up to his feet, he knew it was his cue. Without a second thought, Prank then jumped out the window, and then landed on his hooves on the first floor. He didn't bother grabbing his saddlebag, he was sick of tinkering.

"Hiya Silvershine!" He said, glad to see his friend.

Tyrfang Peacemaker
Canterlot - Vault

Flinching at the sound of a mirror shattering, Tyrfang promptly sheathed his blade at the stranger's words. "Alright, fine. The exits over here, but why the heck are you in here in the first place? It's restricted."

He was about to walk off to direct the unicorn gunner towards the exit, but stopped at his second question. He gave him an odd look, before saying "...What do you mean by 'here'? They're alive of course. ...Who are you?"

ToonNinja
Is a pony

Postby ToonNinja » Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:44 pm

Real Deal
Humble Deals– Bedroom

Deal was already dressed when Humble barged in, readying his last firearm. "I'm fully aware," he replied calmly. "Ready when you are."

White Mocha
Is a Sane Pony

Postby White Mocha » Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:52 pm

Longshot
Canterlot - Vault

The weary buck straightened a bit. "I'm Longshot, of the Night Watch." He deflated almost as quickly as he remembered that would carry even less meaning here than it would back home. He gestured at the mirror that was still unbroken, "I came through the mirror to escape the Wastes. It's... Equestria was destroyed by war and I... He shakes his head, "Nevermind, it's not important. It's the past. It will be better here."

Longshot's Theme

MagusZeal
Site Admin / Lore Master
Site Admin / Lore Master

Postby MagusZeal » Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:44 pm

Mustang Magus
Canterlot, Shared apartment

Nodding to the mare the stallion continues towards the bathroom, “Sure, I've got a few hours to kill.”

Silvershine
Canterlot – Street

Giggling at her friends antics the filly points back up toward the window. “You know you really should learn to roll with the landing, easier on the legs. You got everything you need for this morning?

???????
Canterlot - Vault

Beyond the two ponies the shattered fragments of glass start to bubble and pool like melting chunks of ice. The sound of a bending metal fills the vault with the frames undulating movement. Sculptued to look like a great serpent like creature made of dozens of various creatures it's undulations turn to movement. Standing up quickly amidst the now melted pool or mirror the creature bends over picking up the base of the stand taking a few moments to flex it in a playful manner. Tossing the stand over its serpentine shoulder it grins at the two ponies with a toothy snout while the stand tumbles across the floor before landing a short distance beyond it. Instantly the flowing pool of glass starts towards the spot the stand lands.

Knight Tyrfang
Is a cackling Pony

Postby Knight Tyrfang » Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:44 pm

Smoking Gun
Canterlot - Apartment

"Alright, be back in a bit then." Smoking nodded, before trotting over to the end of the hall, and jumping right out the window. With a twitch of the leg, some sort of wire shot out of her harness, and she was tugged along.

I am never going to get used to this. The detective thought as she rocketed above the city. The feeling of her stomach churning was always present, but... It was exhilarating at the same time.

Prank Happiness
Canterlot - Street

"Yeah, probably should." Prank said, as his legs were beginning to feel like jelly. He patted the small pocket in his sweatshirt. "And yeah, I got everything I need in my pocket here. What're we doing today?"

Tyrfang Peacemaker
Canterlot - Vault

"...Yeah, I have no clue what the Night Watch is." Tyrfang said flatly. Again, he gave him an odd stare, before sighing. "Nor do I know what the Wastes are, or how a magic mirror works, or whatever that war you mentioned was, but you kinda did walk straight into another one."

"Might be better off I suppose. The enemy's not exactly at the walls and whatnot, but a war's a war." He continued, scratching his ear. Tyrfang frankly wasn't perturbed by the whole situation, felt pretty familiar. More annoyed, seeing as he'd practically come down to the vaults for nothing. "I'm just gonna put it to a guess that you're another one of those oddballs from another whatsit again. You got a talking hat?"

But before he could give Longshot a chance to respond, his sword was already leaving his scabbard as the mirror suddenly comes to life into the form of something he had not expected to see in his life time.

"...By the Sisters, how badly did I buck up this time?" He said, wide eyed staring at the creature.

Humble Trot
Canterlot - Humble Deals

"Good. Time's a' wasting, we've got ponies to meet." She said, turning out the door. "There are contacts that I need to meet with, how have yours come up with locating Martingale?"

White Mocha
Is a Sane Pony

Postby White Mocha » Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:38 pm

Longshot
Canterlot - Vault

One of Longshot's eyebrows slowly inched it's way higher than the other. "I don't have any hat. As you can plainly see."

Longshot's rifle came up once again as the sound of tortued metal filled the dark basement. When he saw the creature rising from the swirling mirror's remains, he knew all he'd done was step into another kind of trouble. His pistol and combat knife came out, floating nearby in case he'd need them as he kept his rifle trained on the... thing. "Hey. Kid? he said quietly, eyes locked on the thing, trying to get control of the situation while the buck cursed himself, "You got any friends nearby?"

Longshot's Theme

MagusZeal
Site Admin / Lore Master
Site Admin / Lore Master

Postby MagusZeal » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:09 pm

Silvershine
Canterlot – Street

Well we can either work on your form, continue the speed versus power debate, or go see what we can scare up for late breakfast early lunch?

???????
Canterlot - Vault

Spotting the drawn weapons the metallic serpent bristles its toothy maw opening wide as the sound of a mewling kitten escapes issues forth. Beyond the defending frame, the pool reaches the point of the stand. Bit's of liquid squelch forth sticking to the nearby walls as a lattice begins to form above the stand itself, a vague hole being left in the middle.

Knight Tyrfang
Is a cackling Pony

Postby Knight Tyrfang » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:04 pm

Tyrfang Peacemaker
Canterlot - Vault

"What." Tyrfang said confused, blinking. He shook his head, trying to figure out how to take down the beast, until he heard something squelching behind it. Looking over, he saw the remainder of the mirror behaving pretty strangely too.

"We're on our own for a little bit I think. I'll tackle this thing, make yourself useful and shoot that!" He barked, pointing at the thing behind it. Then, rocketing forward using his wings to boost him forward, he charged straight into the metal snake with a thrust.

Prank Happiness
Canterlot - Street

"Food first. Not much I wanna do on an empty stomach." Prank said, shaking off the feeling in his legs. He was going to suggest something, until something whizzed by over head. Barely catching a glance, it looked like a pony, but certainly not a pegasus.

"...You see that?" He asked, rubbing his eyes.

White Mocha
Is a Sane Pony

Postby White Mocha » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:18 pm

Longshot
Canterlot - Vault

The 'for a bit' had Longshot hopeful. If back-up was on the way then they just had to hold their ground.

Longshot silently set to action, finding the pegasus' plan to be sound: let's see which of these targets is softest. With practiced ease, his aim shifting from the creature to whatever was going on behind it, he fired a shot, adjusted for recoil and sent a second on it's way, both aiming for different parts of the framework taking shape. The unicorn prayed it was fragile...

Longshot's Theme

MagusZeal
Site Admin / Lore Master
Site Admin / Lore Master

Postby MagusZeal » Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:24 pm

???????
Canterlot - Vault

With a bleat the metal serpent quickly coils round the ponies sword hoof only to rub its face gently against the pony's muzzle. Beyond the a section spider web of glass shatters at the first shot, while the second strikes only air when the glass suddenly creates a hole, beyond a stone shatters at the shell's impact.

Silvershine
Canterlot – Street

A hoof raising to the hilt of her sword the filly nods, “Yeah, was wondering if you did or not.” Truth be told the filly's life had gotten very strange since they'd returned from the Everfree seven months ago.

White Mocha
Is a Sane Pony

Postby White Mocha » Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:42 pm

Longshot
Canterlot - Vault

Longshot cursed under his breath. "Mirror's alive!" he called out, guessing the pegasus had missed that, being a bit wrapped up in his own problems. He pulled up his PipBuck's STATS spell to ensure he didn't hit his new ally by accident, firing the other pair of bullets in his magazine at the coil around the buck's foreleg, moving to load his last magazine into the rifle as soon as he finished.

Longshot's Theme

Knight Tyrfang
Is a cackling Pony

Postby Knight Tyrfang » Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:56 am

Tyrfang Peacemaker
Canterlot - Vault

"I think I could guess that from this thing!" Tyrfang called back, struggling to get the thing off him. Out of all the things he had fought, this was the weirdest, as all he could feel was incredible discomfort and confusion, skin crawling from it. His hoof was restraint so that he could do nothing was his sword. The guard was trying to keep his face away from the snake as far as his neck would allow, while simultaneously attempting to shake the metal creature off.

There was a loud bang of a gunshot, although it sounded a bit odd to the guard, and there was a heavy clang of metal as two bullets collided off the mirror frame. Although not hit, Tyrfang still swore loudly, the force still strong enough to induce pain.

"Sweet Celestia, I told you to deal with the mirror!" He growled angrily, now trying to tear off the beast with his hind hooves, bashing it with his free hoof, wavering in the air from the struggle.

captain_borgue
Is a cackling Pony

Postby captain_borgue » Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:40 am

Iron looked at the shiny medal sitting on his desk with some disbelief. It seemed so bizarre that after taking out an Elder, and handing a turncoat Elder to the princesses as a new ally, and spending months working behind enemy lines, he'd get a shiny trinket and a promotion, and find himself back in Canterlot, a beloved war hero. He'd spent so long being hunted, the sudden turnaround took a lot of getting used to.

He was looking forward to getting back out in the field with his team, but he just had one more thing to do in canterlot first- and that was to check out the submitted designs for a SEAPony transport vessel. Command had concluded that airships were a poor deployment vessel, since most of his team couldn't fly and a docked ship was vulnerable. Iron agreed with the decision, as he had seen too many of his SEAPonies injured in airship crashes.

Of course, the designs submitted were a little unnerving, or underwhelming. The only one he was curious about looked like an ordinary rail car. So it was with some trepidation that he set out for the caves outside Canterlot to meet this "Archimedes" that submitted a plain, boring railcar as the SEAPony deployment vessel.

"Ok, I'm here. So let's see this amazing boxcar that's not at all exactly like every other boxcar ever," Iron said, hoping to be amazed but not really expecting much. The inventor sounded like a crackpot, and half the things he said in the letter didn't make any sense.

"Oh hey, good timing! I was just readjusting the tension on- oh, that doesn't matter. Anyhoo. Sorry it took so long to get this to you, but there was this thing in Clawdor and I didn't even get back to my shop until like just now and my assistant was all 'hey there's this big government contract thing you should see' and- well, let's just say I had to improvise a bit," Arc said, chattering away.

Iron just stared at the chatty griffoness, trying to decipher anything she had said. "Ok, so, I take it you're-

"Yep, I'm Archimedes- or just Arc for short. I built this snazzy, sexy ultra awesome deploy-mo-bot! Innit amazing?" Arc said, grinning.

Iron looked at the railcar. Aside from a little crane looking thing, it looked... pretty much exactly like an ordinary rail car. "I'm sorry, This is clearly been a waste of time. I don't appreciate being lured out here to see a boring old rail car," Iron said, trying hard not to snap at this lunatic in a cave.

"I was waiting for you to say that," Arc said, before walking over to the railcar, unlocking a small hidden door in the side, and turning a switch. There was a rumble, before eight pairs of segmented legs lifted the entire car off the ground, a series of engines and pistons churning and turning, steam hissing from a stack atop the machine. "See, I fix trains usually- but they need tracks. So I thought to myself, is there a way to, you know, not need tracks, but keep the power of a locomotive? And I figured out the trick- the locomotive's massive engine doesn't use rods and pistons to turn little bitty wheels, it uses them to power cams that turn legs. I've been working on the design for months, perfecting the cam timing, number of legs, exhaust ports, all of it. This baby is completely all-terrain- mountains, swamps, mud, sand, none of it means a damn thing to her. Rivers too, so long as the legs can touch bottom and the air intake up top is clear, nothing stops it. It has a reinforced armored coal shed for fuel storage, each pair of legs is correlated to another pair to serve as a redundancy protocol- it will still run even if half it's legs are destroyed. the car itself is a modified Pullpony 1680 sleeper car, so there's plenty of space in there for a whole team as well as any gear you want. And juuuuust in case you go catching another dragon- BAM, hydraulic winch crane! So, whaddya think?" Arc said, turning towards Iron and beaming broadly.

Iron could barely move, his eyes all but glued open. "I... I just... I love it so much, and it's stirring all sorts of strange feelings inside me," Iron said, a hitch in his voice, and a single tear slowly trickling down his cheek.

"Heh, though so. there's a catch though, bud. This baby is my baby. You go anywhere with her, you gotta take me with you. Sound like a deal?"

"I'd give you anything up to and including my kidney and my shiny new medal. So yeah, that's all fine and dandy," Iron said, in his head already imagining the look on everypony else's faces. "You can't have them, by the way."

MagusZeal
Site Admin / Lore Master
Site Admin / Lore Master

Postby MagusZeal » Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:15 am

???????
Canterlot - Vault

Metal deforms at the points of impact before the serpent quickly coils round the sword ponies body growling at the other while partially hiding behind the sword ponies head. Further away the flowing pool of glass shrinks as more spider web like patterns strike either side of the hall. Quickly the shattered section is replaced leaving a void in the center. Slowly a hum begins to fill the vaults along with the smell of ozone that grows stronger with each moment.

White Mocha
Is a Sane Pony

Postby White Mocha » Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:27 pm

Longshot
Canterlot - Vault

Bullets aren't cutting it here, that much is clear. And with his own ally literally in the middle of it, Longshot does the only thing he can. Slinging his rifle over his back once again, he charges back down the aisle, emptying his pistol's magazine, mostly blindly, at the growing spiderweb pattern as he charges down the strange creature. If he can just get in physical contact with the pegasus, he should be able to teleport them out of the thing's grip...

Longshot's Theme

Return to “Dragons in Equestria (RP)”