Hoofterlands Ch.6

Where the story plays out.
Lucy Took
Iceberg of Friendship
Iceberg of Friendship

Re: Hoofterlands Ch.6

Postby Lucy Took » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:36 pm

Renew nodded, tossing the idea of possibly visiting Aether to the bottom of her mental 'things to do after the war' list. "Appaloosa, of course. You know my thoughts are against a risky attack, but I have to deal with the aftermath so it's my nature to want to avoid a bloody conflict. Best leave the planning to ponies willing to look past one battle's losses."
~If this should end in fire, then we should all burn together~

Knight Tyrfang
Is a cackling Pony

Postby Knight Tyrfang » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:33 pm

Khaem
Hoofterlands - Appleoosa Outskirts

"Perhaps an agreement?" Khaem said, getting up from her seat. "But let's just put surrender down on paper for now. I suppose it'd be easier to explain for the time being, until others are more... comfortable with my presence."

The teen looked out the tent, before asking: "Is there anything else? I'd like to look around your camp if you don't mind."

ExTecha
Is a pony

Postby ExTecha » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:25 am

Elegant Shard

Hoofterlands - Outside Appleoosa

The quill lay down after scrawling on the parchment, elegant turning to the teen. "I feel that would be unwise until the Commander returned. Were it completely up to me I would show you around myself, but seeing as we know little about you and you "could" be an informant, it's up to the Commander to decide. Also I doubt it would help the morale of the troops to have a fresh turncoat wandering about the camp. I do sincerely apologize for having to treat you in this manner, but you understand my trepidation?"

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

EMP Commander Withe - NPC

"I understand Doctor, I am sorry you have to be here at all. The last thing I want is to put you or any of the troops through all this."

Trotting alongside Breaker just enough to catch the tail end of the conversation, Wither looked toward Nightingale and added, "The Captain is correct, no matter the hardship we have each endured in our lives or during this war, we are still ponies and must act accordingly." Turning to look unto the battlefield, the Commander carried on. "Now Breaker, this operation is still under your command, I will not interfere unless I have to. Now that being said, Appleoosa is another stepping stone on our way to the keep. You've shown exceptional leadership and judgement in previous endeavors, your magic is on an impressive level, you bear one of the elements, and you command a well-sized army along with three of your fellow E.M.Ps. This battle is just s short step from victory with the right plan, do us proud."

Wither turned away from the three E.M.Ps to make his way back to the command tent, "I'm off to determine the viability of our new source. Come find me when you've devised a solution to the dilemma at hand"

Knight Tyrfang
Is a cackling Pony

Postby Knight Tyrfang » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:48 pm

Khaem

"Fair enough." Khaem sighed, sitting back down, looking thoroughly bored again. "It'd be a good research opportunity, but I understand. I'm sure I would do the same in your positio-"

She paused a moment, a thought occurring to her. "...Oh wait. I didn't."

The researcher was silent and pensive for a brief moment, before it left her mind, and she was back to looking like a child wanting to go outside, rocking back and forth in her seat.

MagusZeal
Site Admin / Lore Master
Site Admin / Lore Master

Postby MagusZeal » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:29 pm

Balthier Breaker
Hoofterlands – Appleoosa outskirts

Nodding to Commander Wither's as he trots off the golden stallion turns to Renew. “Any word from Flame? Confirmation that they're inbound, or an ETA?”

Korkoa
Site Admin / Pyro
Site Admin / Pyro

Postby Korkoa » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:04 am

Razorclaw
Hoofterlands-Flank Breaker

Razor turned to head down the hall as the door opened, pausing and looking back as he saw Angel sprawled out on the floor. "Uh... Yeah, looks like we've got something. Finally. Someone up near Appleoosa is requesting backup, I assume it's EMPs since Flame got the letter directly. We're going in fast and low, drawing as little attention to ourselves as possible. I assume we'll take a small team, us three, Flame, maybe a couple others. But till we get there we need to make sure everything's shut, seal, secured, you know the drill. Flame's probably in the engine room now."

Flame Mane
Hoofterlands-Flank Breaker-Engine room

Flame was, in fact, in the engine room. Scrawling out a note, the orange Unicorn paused and looked over his hoofwork. "Renew, the Flank Breaker is the nearest ship to you, according to my intelligence. We can be at your location within an hour if we run hot. Will be coming in dark. Expect us soon. EMP Flame Mane." Tying up the parchment with a strand of his mane, Flame breathed the fire spell, watching as the flames engulfed and burned the document, the smoke jumping to life and racing away of its own accord. Stepping back into the center of the room, Flame began to strap himself into the hanging harness, looking around at the engineers and stokers. "Alright, this'll be the first real run of the reinforced engines boosted by magic, no more testing no more calculations, this is the real thing folks. Make sure everything's secured and strap yourselves in, we're about to take this ship out for a real joyride!" He lowered the communications horn to the bridge and called to alert the Captain. "Ready in the engine room Captain, have you got us going in the right direction?" The stallion only half-listened to the muffled response, taking inventory of the engine room as, one by one he got reports from the engineers that they were ready. He pulled down another call tube, to broadcast to the rest of this ship. "Thank you Captain. Attention crew of the Flank Breaker and members of the Avengers. We are about to magically boost the output of the engines. Your department heads should have alerted all of you to strap in, those of you who did not receive the message please do so now. We will be speeding up quite noticeably in five... Four... Thee... Two... One." The final number was punctuated by a burst of yellow light as Flame's horn flared to life and the boilers began to roar, the entire ship jerking before speeding through the air like a dark rocket...

Lucy Took
Iceberg of Friendship
Iceberg of Friendship

Postby Lucy Took » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:04 am

Almost as if on cue with Breaker asking, Renew spit out a scroll of dead skin that turned to parchment when she picked it up with her magic. "Still getting used to that feeling." she said, coughing before opening the letter and reading it. "They'll be flying in dark within the hour. Better get ready to debrief your nephew, Breaker."

MagusZeal
Site Admin / Lore Master
Site Admin / Lore Master

Postby MagusZeal » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:47 am

Balthier Breaker

“And yet Flame isn't the one I'm worried about.” Sighing the stallion looks over the command post and the ponies on the front line. “So we wait an hour and go from there based on who's with Flame. Hopefully the commander will have made his decision about the teen by then.”

ExTecha
Is a pony

Postby ExTecha » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:30 am

E.M.P Commander Wither - NPC

The tent flap pulled in it's own corners, leaving a gap as wither passed through the gap, his horn's glow soon fading afterwards and the tents flaps falling back into position. "Elegant, if you'd be so kind as to give our guest and I some privacy?" The stallion motioned toward the entrance of the tent with his head.

Elegant stood up and lowered his head. "Sir!" The graceful stallion made his way past the commander and out of the tent within seconds.

"I trust the kind-hearted Elegant kept you company while you waited?" Wither circled to the far end of the table as he spoke, finally taking a seat across from the teen. "I believe the Doctor introduced me earlier, although a bit too brazenly if I must admit. My name is Wither, and it currently falls to me to decide on what's to be done with you at this current point in time." Looking the teen over, Wither continued. "You're bag, may I?"

Knight Tyrfang
Is a cackling Pony

Postby Knight Tyrfang » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:01 am

Khaem

Khaem immediately stopped rocking back and forth when the commander had returned. She nodded in acknowledgement at Elegent's description. "Indeed. I would almost say foolishly kind, but I think it's safe to say that you all are not fools. Save one or two, but I'm jumping to conclusions."

"As for my bag, of course. Here, take my jacket as well, I keep various tools in there as well."She said as she removed her lab cloak with a moderate clatter, her tools bumping against the chainmail shirt she wore underneath. She gently placed both in front of the EMP commander, and watched carefully.

ExTecha
Is a pony

Postby ExTecha » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:59 pm

E.M.P Commander Wither - NPC

Hoofterlands - Outside of Appleoosa

Wither remained quiet as the dragon's belongings floated across the table, examining each object and belonging carefully, finally coming to the journal on dragon biology and other notes on the species. "Most interesting..." Wither flipped through the books pages. "Fascinating indeed. You've been busy, biological notes on dragon's are rare. I've only seen one other like this, though if I'm being honest. Unfortunately the author of said journal is unreachable." Wither's mind wandered to the medical genius that was Renew's sister once more, finally dismissing the thought and returning to the teen. "On the subject however, were all of the study subjects for this paper already deceased or... did you acquire them while your patients were still up and about?"

Korkoa
Site Admin / Pyro
Site Admin / Pyro

Postby Korkoa » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:30 am

Flame Mane, Razorclaw
Flank Breaker-Top Deck

Flame looked at the gathered group as he tightened the straps on his custom-build glider from Clockwork. He knew the Light-Wing spell from the EMP's, but more and more the team was preforming undercover missions, giving off a light was counterproductive in those situations. He lowered his goggles onto his head, the orange glow of his magic fading as they settled into place. "Alright, we'll be heading out here in just a minute. Remember to fly low, fly fast, and don't give away our position. Once we land, I'll take the lead and get us into the camp, I don't want any overzealous guards taking shots at us because they saw a Griffon or Zebra tail. Angel, you've got Archer this time, try to keep up. Archer, you're going to have to learn how to use a glider eventually. Razor, no showing off." The Griffon rolled his eyes at the instruction, but nodded in agreement. "Alright, the Captain's been ordered to set down nearby and wait for us to return; that should be it." Flame hopped up to the makeshift platform that adorned the rail, feeling the rush of wind on his coat before taking one look back at the team and the ship. "Alright folks, let's dive!" He cried before leaping into the cold, dark air. He fell for a few seconds before reaching out with his magic and pulling the ripcord, feeling the pack shift as tension on springs was released and wire-framed wings sprung out of the back, catching his descent and allowing him to angle himself towards the location of the encampment. Razor followed suit a moment after, diving off the rail and free-falling towards the forest below, spreading his wings just before hitting the treetops and taking to the air, easily keeping pace with Flame.

Soon enough, the team had landed in a small clearing a few minutes walk from the camp. Flame spent a few moments packing the wings back into his pack as the rest of the team landed and caught their breath. "Okay, everyone here? Good, so the camp is this way. Stay quiet and follow me in." He said before trotting off through the woods. As they arrived at the camp, Flame stepped forward and announced their presence. EMP Flame Mane, and the freelance team Avengers reporting in. We've been contacted by EMP Renew for assistance, can we be led to her or Breaker?"

MagusZeal
Site Admin / Lore Master
Site Admin / Lore Master

Postby MagusZeal » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:52 am

Angelblade
Hoofterlands – Appleloosa outskirts

It had been so tempting to get back at Archer for the wakeup call earlier, but this was supposed to be a low key for now. Instead the mare had opted for a quick trip to the ground before dropping Archer off, now trotting behind the group she looks around at the ponies camped around them while moving through to see her brother-in-law. The sound of hammers repairing weapons rings out in the distance while the sharpening of blades rasps across the camp. It was obvious that the assault was set to start soon. The question on Angel's mind was what Breaker wanted of their little team. Spotting the golden stallion ahead of their guide she knew that answer would come soon.

Balthier Breaker

With Withers still in the command tent along with the turn coat, meant Breaker stood around a few crates with Elegant, Renew and Nightingale a stupid idea forming at the sight of Flame and his small team. Turning he trots over throwing wide his hoofs as if to hug his nephew, “Flame good to see you could make it, and I see you brought your best!”

Knight Tyrfang
Is a cackling Pony

Postby Knight Tyrfang » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:16 am

Khaem

"Both. Plenty of samples after the war had started, and enough of my colleagues and assistants were gracious enough to offer themselves up for examination." She said rather offhanded. "All perfectly alive and well currently as well, it'd be impossible to understand the body if you kept looking at carcasses only. Much more interesting as well. Although I will admit anything on dragons older than an adult lean more to the side of conjecture, since after all getting my hands on an Elder's corpse is nigh impossible, what with some of the broods fanaticism over their leaders."

The young dragon rolled her eyes as she said this, but shrugged. "But that's not too much an issue, I'm confident that aside from size and other variables, an Elder's biology would still be similar to an Adult's. Oh, and the notes on psychological and societal norms were done purely through discussion. I'm not particularly interested in that, but it was still important to note down as a part of the species, so I used my own observations and experience as well as discussed it with a few of my colleagues as well."

She stood up, and went over to her bag on the table, and pulled out another 3 journals that the commander had not touched yet. All looked to be more fresh than the journal he had been reading before, two looking nearly brand new. "You'll find my notes on your kind would be similar, but I'm afraid they won't be as accurate. I only had one live source really, for both the biological and habitual notes. And I assure you, it was a volunteer, it's hard to get satisfactory data when a body is affected heavily by adrenaline or with defecate everywhere due to fear."

Khaem placed the journals on the table, and shook her head. "Anesthetics can only do so much... Anyhow, have you made a decision yet? I must be frank, It's rather boring just sitting here and watch while you rifle through my belongs."

"And I'm sure it'd be prudent to explain the situation to the newcomers as well before they attempt to welcome me much like that little shadow pony oh so desired to." She added, glancing towards the tent entrance. The commotion was fairly obvious.

Korkoa
Site Admin / Pyro
Site Admin / Pyro

Postby Korkoa » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:30 pm

Flame smiled at the sight of his uncle and stepped forward, raising his hoof in a loose salute. "We heard you were looking for some backup around here, figured we'd pop in to help. Brought nothing but my best and brightest. Care to let us in on what's going on then, Breaker?" Flame asked, relaxing a bit and he stepped closer to his uncle.

TwentySided
Site Admin / Benevolent One

Postby TwentySided » Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:41 pm

Twenty Sided - Hoofterlands - Near the Border

It had taken some time to get to the pegasi, they too had been confused as to why such a machine was so close to the border, or that such a machine existed in the first place. Twenty couldn't fully decide if he thought the mech was impressive or just a haphazard mess of gears and sprockets. After heading back toward Equestrian lines, the zebra gave himself a moment to relax as the metal monstrosity lumbered back toward civilization.

"So, you said you got a teletype saying that we were in need of help?" Twenty asked Iron side, as he peered out one of the windows. Despite himself, he couldn't feel comfortable about the entire thing. One who knew he was heading this way, two, who knew to send this thing, three, what was their goal, and fourth and most importantly what was next. The entire thing smelt rotten to the core, but at the same time he could simply be overthinking the entire issue. "Chroma, you ever hear about the Alliance hijacking our teletypes?"

ExTecha
Is a pony

Postby ExTecha » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:24 am

EMP Commander Wither - NPC

Hoofterlands -Outside Appleoosa, Command Tent

Sighing as he stood from his seat, the stallion made his way towards the tent entrance."Very well, but first I need to set a few rules. First, you will follow the Captain's orders at this post until a better situation to return you to Equestrian territory arises. Second, you are not to berate or badger our resident mare of the shadow. And thirdly, you are to say nothing of your work to our Doctor and only engage her in conversation when it it urgent and necessary. Do I make myself clear?" Throwing open the entrance of the tent, Wither motioned for the dragon to vacate. "Collect your tools but leave your journals on your kin behind if it doesn't trouble you."

Knight Tyrfang
Is a cackling Pony

Postby Knight Tyrfang » Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:28 pm

Khaem

Quickly and efficiently, Khaem gathered her belongings back into her bag in the same order as they were before sans the indicated journal. Donning the lab coat, feeling relaxed at the familiar quiet tinkle of tools against scales and chain, she shouldered her pack once again.

"Perfectly clear. Disappointing, but I can live with it." She said. The researcher had been slightly eager to discuss with the Doctor. "But may I ask for you to return the journal when you're done? I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard for you to get your hooves on a more fresh copy."

And with that, she exited the tent, eager to finally stretch her legs and her wings. With a brisk pace, sped along by gliding, the young dragon was practically hopping as she looked for the golden captain that she had been told to follow.

Lucy Took
Iceberg of Friendship
Iceberg of Friendship

Postby Lucy Took » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:00 pm

Chroma shook his head. "I mostly have biology and magic intel when I was lurking around in the labs. Most of the dragons I worked with either didn't know what was going on with tech or didn't care. Though I wouldn't be surprised if they were hacking our telotypes. They had a decent level of tech in the bio labs, it's not a far stretch to say they would have someone that could crack our codes."

MagusZeal
Site Admin / Lore Master
Site Admin / Lore Master

Postby MagusZeal » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:25 pm

Balthier Breaker

Catching sight of Wither's opening the command tent's flap the stallion turns towards his nephew. “We're retaking Appleoosa, and I need some ponies willing to air drop behind their lines to do some damage before the we commit.” Spotting the hatchling exiting the tent and scanning the camp the stallion smiles, “Also I wanted to you to be the first to know, Gentle and I have decided we'll be adopting!”

Return to “Dragons in Equestria (RP)”