Appleoosa - Chapter 1

Twenty-five years after the end of the Great Dragon war saw Equestria battling the Draconic Alliance for pony survival against a deranged elder dragon. Now only three separate elder dragon run city-states are all that remain of the once powerful alliance. Yet even after so long there are wounds that run deep that could threaten that peace in more ways then one.
MagusZeal
Site Admin / Lore Master
Site Admin / Lore Master

Re: Appleoosa - Chapter 1

Postby MagusZeal » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:10 pm

Silvershine
Appleoosa – Unquiet Princess, Iris room

Just staring at her friend Silver wasn’t sure what to say at first, though slowly the words came to mind. “So Uncle Breaker was involved in this at some point I take it, and more importantly why haven’t I heard about any of this before?

Lucy Took
Iceberg of Friendship
Iceberg of Friendship

Postby Lucy Took » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:02 am

Iris shrugged and started removing her dress followed by the bags hidden in it and the saddle that practically held a miniature herb shop in it. "There's a lot about Breaker you don't know. He's the one that took my Aunt out and dragged her to prison, he and Mother go back further than even her and Father. Mom told me before I went to the academy since she wanted me to hear it from her instead of case files and rumors. I guess that Mother thought that you weren't family enough to hear it from her, Breaker hates talking about his past and I don't see your father telling you that I have a crazy aunt."
~If this should end in fire, then we should all burn together~

MagusZeal
Site Admin / Lore Master
Site Admin / Lore Master

Postby MagusZeal » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:12 am

Silvershine

Dropping her head to her hooves the mare wasn’t really surprised. “I’d be surprised if dad or mom were even really aware of it. Remember around that time they were in the entire I hate my special talent phase of their lives. Easier to ignore everything else and vanish, dad didn’t really get along with his family then and mom… mom just wanted any other option, but the guards.” It still hurt that he’d hid it, but she could see why the old stallion would hide it among other things. “So what all do you know about this aunt of yours and what she did?

Lucy Took
Iceberg of Friendship
Iceberg of Friendship

Postby Lucy Took » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:50 am

"It's quite possible they knew nothing" Iris replied, "I doubt that your parents were paying any kind of attention to what was going on, though from the case file it seems like it was a very public scandal when everything happened. Well, scandal is an understatement, more like national tragedy" she said before going into the details of the hospital, the run and the capture.

"So I understand why Mother is so shook up right now. I don't worry for myself, or even very much for my parents, they might be pacifists but Father and Mother are EMPS. Sugar and your cousins on the other hand I wouldn't be surprised if they're target number one. Which is why it surprised me when I was sent with you. I don't see information that needs dragged out or anyone that needs taken out when I probably should be protecting my little sister."

Kroll
A serious pony

Postby Kroll » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:23 pm

Kroll
The Unquiet Princess - Dining Hall

Kroll silently watched Iris and Silvershine excuse themselves from the table, slouching back his seat a little as his eyes slowly tracked the pair until they were out of sight. He returned his attention to the quiche on his plate, picking at it with his fork until Lucky spoke up. The tercel looked up from his food and stared at the mare for a few moments, eyeing the her distrustfully. "Very well then. Go." he said flatly, the talons on his holstered rifle making an audible clacking sound as they drummed rhythmically along its side.

Korkoa
Site Admin / Pyro
Site Admin / Pyro

Postby Korkoa » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:43 am

IC: Booster Gold, Tellemachus Adlig

Appleoosa-Blue Beetle airship

Booster trotted up the gangplank to his ship with a heavy sigh, removing his tie with telekinesis and tossing it through an open door leading below deck. "I wish you wouldn't do that Captain." Tellemachus said, rolling her eyes as she brushed at the phantom dress she was wearing, dispelling the carefully crafted illusion. "You know I'm going to have to be the one to clean that up, and 'maid' is nowhere even close to my job description."

"Aye, aye, so ye keep tellin' me." Booster muttered as he stalked up to the observation deck. "I'll get it eventually, don't ruffle yer feather about it."

"Yes, and 'eventually' could be two weeks from now." The Hippogriff said, leaning against a railing. "Hey, what's eating you? I know you usually love these fancy events, and you got to see your family too. So business has been a little slow, it'll pick up again soon."

"No, s'not tha', Tellie... Sparky's gettin' worse. Ma was tellin' me she barely made the trip out here. They're stayin' fer awhile to get her strength back up. An' I wanna stay too, cheer her up, like I know I can, but... The more time I spend wi' her, the less coin I make to set aside fer her treatments... Ma an' Da need the bits I send 'em. We gotta keep lookin' fer work."

Tellie fell silent for a moment, the warm breeze shifting her feathers. "I didn't know it had gotten that bad..." She said quietly, before turning to her captain. "You should have told me. Uncle Flame, or Aunt River, someone should have told me. I may not be blood, but you're like family to me, and Meadowspark... She doesn't deserve what's happened to her. We'll find work, Booster. Something that pays well. Meadow will be okay. I promise. You plot our course, I'll go pick up your tie." She said before spreading her massive wings and leaping down tot he lower deck of the small ship.

Booster sighed, turning to scan the horizon. Trains were running, Airships were coming in and out of the port... The world turned. But if his sister was sick, none of that mattered. He shook his head, rubbing at his eyes with a hoof to clear his thoughts before heading back down to the command room. The Beetle may be a small ship, but before Meadowspark's health had bombed, he'd paid to outfit her with the best airship tech bits (And a few favors) could buy. Everything was in this room, navigation, charts, displays for everything from fuel reserves, engine diagnostics, even galley capacity were here. There was even an autopilot option, very useful for a ship with only two crew members, who both had to eat and sleep at some point. Booster pulled a stack of charts from a cabinet, rifling through them and tossing some aside until he found the map he was looking for. No sense in leaving until they had somewhere to go, after all.

Lucy Took
Iceberg of Friendship
Iceberg of Friendship

Postby Lucy Took » Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:34 am

Breaker and Renew's attention turned away Prism figured that her work was done as far as warning the element barer went and she stepped outside into the alley to decide where to go next when she spotted the airship that looked somewhat familiar not to far off in the distance. She landed on the lower deck the moment that she saw one of her friends and clients was on board.

"Tellie! I'm sure you've seen the explosion from this height! Someone on the ground has received a report, there was a massive train crash between here and Ponyville. The crown is asking for help serching for survivors and getting them to the hospital."

Korkoa
Site Admin / Pyro
Site Admin / Pyro

Postby Korkoa » Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:43 am

IC: Tellie and Booster

Appleoosa-Blue Beetle

Tellie let out a squawk as Prism dropped out of the sky in front of her. "Geez Prism, warn a girl next time!" She cried, leaning against a bulkhead before the message sank in. "Wait, the--Whoa, what?! Okay, on it!" She raced down the deck to a call button, slapping it with a claw and nearly denting the bulkhead. "Cap'n, just got word there's a train wreck near Ponyville, we've been requested to help relief efforts! I'll tie the deck down if you can get tower clearance to move!"

Booster's voice filtered back through the comm, tinny and strained. "Wha'?! Aye, strap in an' get us ready, we can likely be airborn inside five minutes! Good thing Sparky got held back here, I s'ppose..."

Tellie turned back to Prism and nodded. "We'll be on our way soon. Are you coming with us? I could use the help up here, we've got things to tie down."

MagusZeal
Site Admin / Lore Master
Site Admin / Lore Master

Postby MagusZeal » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:39 pm

Silvershine

Do you want to stay in town?” It was less a question and more an offer. Her uncle was wise in a number of ways, but in so many others he seemed moronic. Knowing what she did if Iris wanted to remain here she wasn’t going to argue.

White Mocha
Is a Sane Pony

Postby White Mocha » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:01 pm

Longshot
The Unquiet Princess - Dining Room

Longshot watched the table empty, and considered Lucky's offer. "Actually, I think I'll come along, at least for the conversation unless you object. You can have the first watch, though."
We are what we repeatedly do.

Longshot's Theme

Lucy Took
Iceberg of Friendship
Iceberg of Friendship

Postby Lucy Took » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:04 am

Iris

"No. If your uncle says I'm needed here, I'm needed here. I'm not the best at ranged attacks and that's probably what they need. But we just need Blondie's cooperation here and that I can help with. I've already obliterated my cover in her organization, might as well go all the way." Iris replied. "Besides, with the ceremony Mom has her pick of whoever she wants when it comes to dealing with wayward family members. Seriously with this many war heroes and active guard members in one place it's amazing that we had two ponies stupid enough to commit major crimes."

Prism
Appleoosa-Blue Beetle

Prism swished her tail. "Warning? You know I reserve the right to do dress check ups, though it seems that you've decided to throw in the towel for looking nice already." said, taking the opportunity to ignore the gravity of the situation for a moment. "And I might as well. I might not be a medic or anything but it seems I'm at least a decent messenger." she leaned over the call button. "Booster Gold, is that you? It's been forever since your parents visited!"

MagusZeal
Site Admin / Lore Master
Site Admin / Lore Master

Postby MagusZeal » Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:58 am

Silvershine

Don’t forget during the war three griffons and a pony wandered into Canterlot with little planning in an attempt to steal something and got caught. Sometimes folks just don’t think before they act, or think they’ve done enough planning. Of course there might have been of random circumstance that helped them get their hands on it.” Laying down the mare felt less then talkative, but Iris wasn’t someone she felt like lying to.

malonromani
A serious pony

Postby malonromani » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:32 pm

Lucky Find
Appleoosa - The Unquiet Princess - Dining Room

White Mocha wrote:Longshot
The Unquiet Princess - Dining Room

Longshot watched the table empty, and considered Lucky's offer. "Actually, I think I'll come along, at least for the conversation unless you object. You can have the first watch, though."

"Hmm..." Lucky rested her chin on her hoof, considering. "Well, it is fun watching you two nettle each other. I think she might have wanted to talk one-on-one, though. Tell you what: I'll go talk to her solo for a bit, and see if she'd like to go another round of philosophy or jabs with you. If not, I'd still like to talk with you afterwards."

Lucky stood up from the table and stacked up her dishes. "See you upstairs, Big Shot. G'night, Sir Taciturn. See you bright and early tomorrow!" she called over her shoulder as she flew up the stairs.

Appleoosa - The Unquiet Princess - Hallway, Outside Blondie's Room

Once she reached the fourth floor, Lucky headed straight to the room that the mob boss had been assigned. She reflexively checked all of the obvious places for traps, and once she was satisfied that there was no danger, knocked on the door. "Hey, Ms. Goldie. It's Lucky. May I come in?"

Knight Tyrfang
Is a cackling Pony

Postby Knight Tyrfang » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:59 pm

Bronze "Blondie" Scales
The Unquiet Princess - Blondie's Inn Room

Blondie was sleeping until she heard a knock on her door, and she was wide awake. Her hoof already holding the knife under her pillow, she slowly got up and began to creep towards the door until she heard Lucky speak.

She relaxed, quickly touching the doorknob to see if it had been touched and shifted first, before retreating to a chair. Other than that, none of her other 'alarms' had gone off, so the mafioso assumed she didn't have to be too on guard.

"Yes, please come in Ms. Find." Blondie called through the door, mentally counting the knives touching her coat, just in case. "I do hope you had come alone though, otherwise our conversation will certainly be an awkward one considering the nature of it isn't so... legal."

malonromani
A serious pony

Postby malonromani » Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:02 pm

Lucky Find
Appleoosa - The Unquiet Princess - Blondie's Inn Room

Lucky raised her eyebrows at the mention of a "job". She looked up and down the hallway again to make sure nopony was around. "Yup, just me," she confirmed as she opened the door and peeked into the room.

Blondie was clearly on guard, sitting away from the door and wearing her knife-laden dress, but was not in a particularly aggressive pose. The only "traps" Lucky could see were that some of the room's chintzy decorations had been set up to make noise if the door or window were opened. Once inside, she pushed the pile of items by the door back into position before turning to the mob boss.

"I did kind of expect you wanted to 'talk shop'. Before you get started, though, I should tell you that I'm trying out this whole law-abiding thing for bit. That doesn't mean I'm gonna go tell all the goody-four-shoes out there everything you say to me here. I don't want to cause any unnecessary trouble for you or them. But, I've still got my own rules. If I think there is anything going on that would break one of them, I'm going to do what I can to sop it."

Finished with her litltle speech, Lucky flew over to the other chair and made herself comfortable. "So, what exactly did you want to talk about?"

Knight Tyrfang
Is a cackling Pony

Postby Knight Tyrfang » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:57 am

Bronze "Blondie" Scales

Blondie snorted in amusement, before waving a hoof dismissively. "Goodness me, is my reputation that bad that every law abiding citizen thinks I'm an unscrupulous monster? My dear, I may be ruthless, but once I broker a deal, I fully intend on making good on it. Good leadership demands respect, and respect is usually born from integrity after all."

"But anyhow, I called you to offer you a job, not needlessly defend myself." she said. "Simply put, you're a mare who's walked on the wrong side of the line, and yet still have kept your own morals."

"I believe a mare like you would do well in the organization." The mafioso added, rather warmly.

malonromani
A serious pony

Postby malonromani » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:09 pm

Lucky Find

For a good minute, Lucky was rendered speechless (a feat that some ponies had thought was impossible). Even when she finally collected her thoughts, she had to open and shut her mouth a few times before she could talk.

"Wow... I gotta say, that wasn't the sort of job offer I was expecting. I've, uh, never really had a full-time position anywhere. Just freelance. Hmm." She ruffled her wings as she tried to come up with an answer. "I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm honored that the Smooth Criminal herself is offering me a job. I already told you that I prefer doing business with your branch, but I've kind of avoided attaching myself to any one organization before. On top of that, I'm trying to see if I can sorta work with the law for once..."

She sighed. "I'm sorry, Boss-Mare, I'm gonna have to think about this for a while."

Knight Tyrfang
Is a cackling Pony

Postby Knight Tyrfang » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:13 am

Bronze "Blondie" Scales

"Oh of course, of course! I mean switching employers is always such a serious decision to make, I wouldn't blame you if you wanted to take a few days to decide. But I should at least give you some information to at least provide a better idea of what you may be joining than just the 'Spooky, Scary Syndicate'." Blondie said, looking delighted, before hurrying over to where her bag was on the floor and rummaging through.

"If I remember I placed the forms beneath- Ah, here they are." The mafioso pulled out a crisp piece of paper, before placing it on the table. She motioned the pegasi over, and began pointing out each of the different bullet points written on the paper with one of her knives.

Blondie began to explain clearly, and professionally. "Now, if you were to join our organization Ms. Find, you'll have to start out as just a simple initiate and go through training to evaluate what your role may be. You'll be assigned to The Freshman, while on your trial period, but that's only temporary of course. Eventually when that's finished, I will assign you a capo, and you work under them and their rules."

"Now, I will warn you, being a part of our syndicate is not all about crime and passion, but you will also be assigned a job within the organization along with your role after you finish training." She said, pointing at a small, but dense list of titles. Some of them included "Shipping" and "Accounting". "It's not as if we can commit large heists everyday to help fund our little organization, we need to make money in other ways to keep our bottom line after all. Not to mention, I think it's fair if we provided ponies an opportunity to fill their pockets or their bellies in such a way that doesn't threaten both their lives, and their liberty."

"Not that everything we do at the desk is entirely legal, just more easily defendable with a lawyer. Lawsuits are surprisingly popular, and profitable if we win." She added, with a chuckle. "Of course, whether or not you're eligible to take a job depends on which capo you're assigned to, as some of the groups require more of a time commitment than others. Either way though, we'll make sure that you'll get the benefits fairly for being associated with the syndicate, everypony always enjoys a good dental plan."

The mob boss offered the paper to the pegasus, the knife now nowhere to be seen. "Anyhow, if you do wish to join up, please give your previous employer a 3 weeks notice that you're deciding to leave. Not only would that be considerate to them to be able to find a replacement if necessary, but also would give us time to prepare to assist you in moving any personal belongings, family, or anything else to better accommodate you just in case."

"...And please make sure you're separated from your previous employer if you do, it would get oh so awkward if there was a conflict of interest created because of working with two different associations."

malonromani
A serious pony

Postby malonromani » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:56 pm

Lucky Find

Lucky smiled sadly as Blondie showed her the organized list. "'Mento would've gotten a kick out of this," she mumbled to herself. Everything was so well thought out - it hardly looked illegal. Employee training, multiple departments, salaries, and even benefits - complete with the cliché of a dental plan.

Her smile grew (but retained its sadness) as Blondie rattled off the last part of the sales pitch.
Knight Tyrfang wrote:"Anyhow, if you do wish to join up, please give your previous employer a 3 weeks notice that you're deciding to leave. Not only would that be considerate to them to be able to find a replacement if necessary, but also would give us time to prepare to assist you in moving any personal belongings, family, or anything else to better accommodate you just in case."

"...And please make sure you're separated from your previous employer if you do, it would get oh so awkward if there was a conflict of interest created because of working with two different associations."

Lucky couldn't help it. She laughed. It wasn't funny at all, which made it doubly hilarious. She forced herself to take some deep breaths, and wiped the tears from her eyes. "I am ... so sorry ... M-Ms. Blondie ..." Lucky gasped out between lingering guffaws. "That was ... haha ... that wasn't directed at you. No disrespect at all. It's just that, I guess, in a different world, I would have been the one presenting this stuff to potential employees." She shook her head ruefully as she tapped the paper. "My sister would've probably been the one who wrote it up all nice like this, though. She always did have a better head for remembering rules 'n fancy words."

"Anyway, back to what you were saying about three weeks notice." Lucky cleared her throat, bringing her back into a more professional mindset. "First off, I don't really have a previous employer. I've been running a one-mare freelance business, so to speak. I've done some set-period contract work for a few gangs or mafia branches, but mostly I just find - found - things that nopony was using, and sold 'em to ponies that wanted 'em."

"Second, any belongings I have to move are right here in this pack." She flapped her wings lightly open to tap her saddle bag. "Third, no family to relocate. Haven't seen any of 'em in twenty-five years. And finally, what you said about conflict of interest ..."

"I don't work for the PTA. I'm working with them at the moment, but they certainly haven't hired me, so I'm just along for the ride. Don't get me wrong - I meant what I said about trying out the above-the-table law-abiding life for a while."

"I still don't want to rule out any future business opportunities if it doesn't work out, though. So, how long is this job offer open? And on what conditions?"

Lucy Took
Iceberg of Friendship
Iceberg of Friendship

Postby Lucy Took » Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:54 pm

MagusZeal wrote:Silvershine

Don’t forget during the war three griffons and a pony wandered into Canterlot with little planning in an attempt to steal something and got caught. Sometimes folks just don’t think before they act, or think they’ve done enough planning. Of course there might have been of random circumstance that helped them get their hands on it.” Laying down the mare felt less then talkative, but Iris wasn’t someone she felt like lying to.

"There was that case." Iris said absently, war stories were something that she had collected as a filly, though at the time it was less out of genuine interest in history and more out of a desire to find adults that would tell her things her parents always avoided, and she knew the details well. She was about to let the matter go and try and get some sleep when something came to mind. "But those griffons had a reason for stealing. Why would the mafia risk it's cover to get an element? Sure they're one of the most valuable things in Equestia but even on the black market it would be hard to unload. Do you think that they could be stealing it for someone that has a plan for it's power? And if so what kind of idiot would only steal one?"

Return to “DiE 2: Friendship Boogaloo (RP)”