Appleoosa - Chapter 1

Twenty-five years after the end of the Great Dragon war saw Equestria battling the Draconic Alliance for pony survival against a deranged elder dragon. Now only three separate elder dragon run city-states are all that remain of the once powerful alliance. Yet even after so long there are wounds that run deep that could threaten that peace in more ways then one.
Knight Tyrfang
Is a cackling Pony

Re: Appleoosa - Chapter 1

Postby Knight Tyrfang » Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:15 am

[Squad 2 Disbanded]
Kaya
Appleoosa - Alleyway

"It was just a necklace, why... why is it like I pulled off the heist of the century?!"

K.O. was starting to lose her cool now, everything just going wrong. Ace was going to get away it seems like, but the entire town had an alarm blaring as though an air raid was going to occur, and she swore she saw a bleeding airship take off. And worse, K.O. thought that her pursuer had just hired a gunman to help take her down right out of nowhere. The mare cursed her rotten luck, while she turned a corner to try and lose her pursuers.

At this point, it wasn't about getting away or evading captured, K.O. was scared she was going to die at this point. Whether it'd be by the hooves of the law and some very, very angry ponies, or worse, by Blondie who would have definitely have heard the klaxons even from the rendezvous point. But all of that fear left her momentarily when she saw a familiar face.

Relieved, she opened her mouth to, ironically, thank Celestia, before a hoof met her face, and she instantly blacked out.

[Emergency Squad]
Red "Firecracker" Flare
Appleoosa - Side Alley

Flare took no joy in what she just did, sucker punching one of her best soldiers, especially with the expression she had on her face. The normally furious mare wore a particular pity filled expression as she stared at the unconscious brawler lying on the floor, shaking out her hoof.

"Poor K.O." She thought as she shouldered her body to move her. "Good kid, good intentions, but not the brightest. I hope the authorities will treat her well, cause Blondie sure as heck won't."

The short pegasi stepped out back into the alley, just in time to catch the question posed by one of K.O.'s pursuers about who they were looking for.

"If it's the Element thief, it's this mare right here." Flare replied, dropping the earth pony unceremoniously. However, she also drew her gun at the same time, and had a rather rancorous expression that stated clearly she was not there as a friend.

Morningglory
Is a pony

Postby Morningglory » Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:56 pm

Lucky Venture & Maiden Voyage
Appleoosa: Outskirts

Lucky Venture pushed her copper hair back out of her face and shoved a green headband on to keep her bangs up out of her eyes and sighed, wiping sweat from her forehead. She glanced up at the sky and sneered slightly, "Cursed day-star." She muttered to herself. It wasn't so much that she minded the sun, as it was often an excellent way to tell direction in a pinch, but the Appleoosa heat is what was getting to her, and rather than blame her sister for stopping in the bustling hub for supplies, she decided to curse the sun instead for the incredible heat as she waited patiently by their tiny, two pony airship. "What in Equestria could be so important that we'd have to stop here, of all places? We could have made it to the next town over, at least." She murmured, taking off her glasses and rubbing the bridge of her nose.

"I told you, like, ten minutes ago!" Voyage piped up as she hopped out of the airship deftly. She pulled the strap to her saddlebags with her mouth and patted them, making sure they still contained the bits she had shoved in them. Her green eyes locked onto her twin sister's gaze playfully, "We just need some fresh water, and some spare engine parts, just in case." She said matter-of-factly. She didn't have to keep looking at her sister to feel her rolling her eyes, "Yeah, yeah, I know. You just want to get on with it, but I'd rather not get stranded if we can help it. All you have to do is stand here and stay by the ship to make sure it doesn't fly off without us." Venture's copper gaze gave her a pointed look, and it was Voyage's turn to roll her eyes, "Look, I won't be gone but an hour or so. Do you need anything while I'm in town? Graphite paper? Pencils?" She watched as Venture shifted from hip to hip and chewed her lip and smirked.

"I don't know..." Venture muttered, looking over her cartography supplies warily. It was true that her pencils were getting low, and her graphite paper too. It was like Voyage could read her mind, but this was nothing new. "I guess if you can find them in this place, I could really use both." She said, pouting.

Voyage nodded, "Alright, then. I'll be back soon. Don't go anywhere." She said, turning to leave. She could almost hear Venture thinking out loud as she walked away towards town, Where do you honestly think I would go?

Voyage wasn't gone five minutes before the loud noises and alarms began, and Venture turned her eyes from her maps back towards the town, her ears resting flat against her head. Something was going down, something bad, and something bad always waited until Voyage and Venture were apart. she shrunk down behind the edge of the ship and watched carefully toward the town, begging Voyage silently to return.

Voyage, on the other hand, trotted along, rolling over her list of supplies in her mind, and trying to think where in Appleoosa would have the parts she would need. She could barely hear the sirens as she moved through the back streets, muttering the list under her breath again and again.

MagusZeal
Site Admin / Lore Master
Site Admin / Lore Master

Postby MagusZeal » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:07 pm

Silvershine
Appleoosa – Rooftops

Spotting the mare darting from the crowd and into another alley the mare bolts not answering the merc’s response. Galloping in from another direction she finds the mare on the ground another backing away a revolver pointed at her. The other mare’s words just struck a cord sending Silver into a fit of giggles. For a moment she struggles to speak up over her laughter “Oh,oh, by Luna you ponies are bad at this.” It wasn’t that the situation was any less dangerous, but that they were so bad at whatever it is they thought they were doing. Fighting off the laughter she just points at the armed mare, “Pro tip, if your giving up a sacrificial pony, don’t be there when the hunters show up.

Flicking her tail she tried to signal the merc that the gun toting mare was the target, “And more importantly, know why there’s no organized crime in a city, lady. I’ve seen Martingale, I know what happened in Trottingham and I work with those who ended the Canterlot command center.” The laughter ends as she rears up. “Go ahead and fire, I’m sure you’d love to meet some of those ponies, they’re not far now.

Knight Tyrfang
Is a cackling Pony

Postby Knight Tyrfang » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:37 pm

[Emergency Squad]
Red "Firecracker" Flare

Flare sighed, shaking her head. Although she still looked rather rancorous, Firecracker felt tired. And she was sure Blondie was going to be twice as much, considering how she was. "You, merc. Don't even think about putting a talon on that trigger. I don't want to start a firefight in the middle of a city that has some of the highest security present at the moment, but I assure you that if we have to, I'm certain five guns are better than one."

"Anyhow, lil' missie, you're the type that likes to jump to conclusions huh?" Flare said, making sure her gun was now pointed at the ground. "I ain't giving up a sacrificial pony. I'm giving you a bargaining chip to get your Uncle's damn Element back."

"There is absolutely nothing to gain from stealing one of the Elements of Harmony. We can't sell it, we can't melt it down, and all it does is put a giant target above our heads that we don't need on top of the one we have already. Not to mention we'd be shooting ourselves in the hoof if some great evil rose up from the depths, and decided to raze everything to the ground." She explained, looking down irritably at K.O. "However, it seems like some of us are a bit... out of touch with how things go now a days, ever since our decision to stay out of the war. So here we are in this situation. To put it short, call this an apology to try and fix a situation that our organization didn't mean to create."

"Oh, and I should probably mention." Firecracker continued. "If the war hadn't been going on, it would have been in our hooves to have silenced Martingale and those arrogant bastards in Canterlot. So I think you should stop those fancy notions that being part of that abysmally undisciplined 'X-Colts' gives you any form of backing whatsoever. Just some advice before you try and do something that would ultimately get you killed. Because starting a fight here won't help you get the Element back, because it's no longer in Appleoosa."

Kroll
A serious pony

Postby Kroll » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:10 am

Kroll

Appleoosa - Alleway

Kroll skidded to a stop beside Silvershine, about to repeat his ignored question when he saw the pegasus ahead of them pull out a revovler. Not willing to wait and see who her target was, the tercel immediately raised his rifle up and sighted in on Red Flare. He was about to say something when he heard the earth pony beside him break down into a laughing fit, causing the griffon to give his new employer a mixed look of confusion and concern. While he felt that he had a healthy--albeit grim--sense of humor, the mercenary failed to see the comedy in the present situation. He started to zone out as his employer started talking to the pegasus, entirely out of the loop about everything they were discussing, though his attention to their conversation was piqued when Red Flare threatened him.

"If I shoot, there will be no fight." he retorted flatly, his eyes narrowing at the red pegasus from behind his helmet's metal faceshield as he kept his rifle up and at the ready, talon firmly resting along the firearm's trigger housing. The griffon had no clue who this pony was but he did not care much for her haughty attitude, something he took for a feeble attempt at compensating for her small stature.

The mercenatry began to tune out the small mare as she continued to prattle on, starting to think about things that interested him more than what she had to say. More specifically, he was curious to know what would happen when he shot this pegasus in the face; would the flechette loaded in his weapon simply pass through her skull unimpeded by flesh and bone, or would it penetrate one side and riccochet around her cranial cavity? It was certainly an entertaining notion, but tempting as it was to find out for himself, it was not his call to make.
Shifting his position slightly, Kroll glanced over at Silvermane, waiting for her to give him an order. "New-boss, what is your say?" he asked the pony beside him, a hint of impatient uncertainty layered through his tone.

MagusZeal
Site Admin / Lore Master
Site Admin / Lore Master

Postby MagusZeal » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:42 am

Silvershine
Appleoosa – Alley

Oh this one liked to drone on, apparently whoever these foals worked for hadn’t told them or didn’t know anything about who lived in Appleoosa. Still she refused to take her eyes off the mare, the five guns comment was concerning yet when the merc asked for orders, “Coulda, shoulda, woulda, take her.” Rushing forward she jumps into the air her tail grabbing hold of her blade as the mare tucks into a roll at the height of her jump turning her blade into a whirling flash of steel descending towards the armed mare just a half meter from the fallen theif.

Morningglory
Is a pony

Postby Morningglory » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:43 am

Voyage would be the first to admit that her own sense of direction sucked, and it reares its ugly head again as she found herself lost in the maze of back alleys. She nickered a swear under her breath, and had to admit to herself that she was, indeed, lost, and her only real hope of salvation would be to ask somepony else for directions. Dropping the list from her mind for the moment, she began her search for another pony who might be able to direct her to the market.

Her search didn't last long, as she soon came upon a rather stern, possibly annoyed looking griffon and a bright yellow earth pony. Though they looked tough, and somewhat distracted, her countenance brightened, and she muttered to herself, "Finally!" It seemed her luck had changed for the better, even without her sister's keen sense of direction. She put on a smile and started to make her way toward the two, her mouth opening to speak, "Hello, there! My name is Maiden Voyage, and I seem to be lost, and I was wondering if you..."

Voyage's tongue skidded to a halt in her mouth as the light of the sun glinted off something silver in the Griffin's claws, and her eyes widened. Her gaze darted from them, to the other pony they seemed to have been conversing with, and her face paled, "Ummm... I mean... Errrr...." She stammered. What in Equestria was going on here? Firearms? In a public alleyway? She lowered her head and started to back away. She had only needed supplies, and she hadn't bargained for this.

And just as she began to move, the yellow earth pony was up in the air, the flash of a silver blade coming down at the downed pony. Instinctively, she looked away, squeezing her eyes shut. She couldn't see this! She had walked in on some sort of crime dealing, and now she was a witness!
Last edited by Morningglory on Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Knight Tyrfang
Is a cackling Pony

Postby Knight Tyrfang » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:59 am

Bronze "Blondie" Scales
Appleoosa - Alleyway

The moment the blade began to move, so did Blondie. She said a quick " 'Scuse me, Ms. Voyage.", as she slipped right by the witness into the alleyway. And in one singular motion, she threw a dagger which was aimed towards the griffon merc's gun magazine, and skillfully parried the heavier blade with another dagger, forcefully redirecting the blow to the side with a metallic ring. The earth pony gave a quick signal to one of the rooftops with one of her hooves, and a Unicorn suddenly teleported in, and teleported straight out with the unconscious Kaya.

"Boss?! I had the situation completely under control!" Firecracker protested, although clearly she did not.

"I'm sure you did Flare." Blondie said, a bit condescending, before turning her attention to the mare and the merc. The fashionably dressed mare had a rather friendly demeanor to the two, smiling amicably.

"I apologize for Firecracker's behavior, Silvershine, but I believe it's rather rude to simply attack a pony that is no threat to you." The boss apologized, without a hint of irony. The dagger she had parried with was nowhere to be seen, in fact the only indication that she had used a weapon at all was the dagger that now stuck out of the mercenary's gun. "Now, could I ask you and your temporary employee here to kindly lower your weapons, so we may talk like civilized ponies? I'm rather fond of this shawl, and would rather not have it stained in one way or another."

Morningglory
Is a pony

Postby Morningglory » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:54 pm

Voyage opened her eyes as she was deftly moved out of the way by the chocolate colored mare, and could only stare in disbelief at the unbelievable calm she exuded. She stood stock still as this situation went from dangerous to more confusing in a matter of seconds. Her knees shook, and it took all her power not to sink down to them in shock. She gaped, then shook her head hard, tapping her temple with her hoof. Her brain hurt from trying to process everything that had just happened, and so, she promptly decided not to process it at all. She blinked a couple times, readjusted her saddle bag, and turned on her heel. "Welp, no direction to be had here. Thank you very much and have a nice day." She said flippantly and started to walk away, Better to pretend you saw nothing than to get yourself, and possibly Venture, killed.

At least, that was the plan until her eyes met a pair of very familiar glasses at the other end of her 180 degree turn, and she blinked slowly, trying her hardest to blink what surely had to be an illusion away. But, it very clearly wasn't as Venture's mouth had fallen open and she gaped like a fish out of water at the strange sight before her. She looked from the group, to her sister, and back to the group with copper eyes full of fear and confusion. Her mouth opened and closed a few times, and Voyage squeezed her eyes shut in frustration."Ah, crepes...I thought I told you to stay with the ship? Sister, dear, why are you not with the ship?" She asked slowly and evenly, her temple throbbing.

"I... I..." Venture stammered, her eyes falling back down to her sister, "I heard sirens... and alarms... and bad things always wait for you to... leave..." She murmured, "I... we're really screwed this time, aren't we?"

MagusZeal
Site Admin / Lore Master
Site Admin / Lore Master

Postby MagusZeal » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:46 pm

Silvershine
Appleoosa – Alley

Boss Blondie, that explained a bit, though the two confused sisters standing a bit close to the shared mare was not something that pleased the mare. Leaving the sword half buried in the hard packed dirt of the alley the mare rubs a hoof at the bridge of her muzzle, her tail swishing quickly for a moment. “The element, return it and I forget you were here Blondie.” Motioning to the merc to lower his weapon Silver tries her best to look bored instead of angry.

Kroll
A serious pony

Postby Kroll » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:39 am

Kroll
Appleoosa - Alleyway

Before Kroll had an opportunity to make any attempt at capturing the red pegasus before them, his employer drew a sword and launched into attack, only to be parried by an earth pony who seemingly came out of nowhere. The newcomer proceeded to exchange a quick word with Red Flare before turning her attention to the mercenary and his boss, taking an unsettlingly casual tone with them.

"I apologize for Firecracker's behavior, Silvershine, but I believe it's rather rude to simply attack a pony that is no threat to you."

Kroll raised an eyebrow at this newcomer's statement as he glanced down at the dagger that was now embedded along the wooden frame of his rifle. He was about to contest the statement when he saw Silvershine motion at him to stand down. Begrudgingly, the griffon complied with his boss' silent order, lowering his rifle until its muzzle was angled towards the dirt. As frustrated as he was becoming with all the sudden twists and turns this job was presenting, Kroll opted to just fume quietly and let Silvershine do all the talking. As far as he was concerned, capturing the red pegasus was the only thing that he was supposed to focus on, but now mercenary really didn't know what to do other than wait for further instruction.

Knight Tyrfang
Is a cackling Pony

Postby Knight Tyrfang » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:30 pm

Bronze "Blondie" Scales
Appleoosa - Alleyway

Then I'm afraid, that we're at an impasse." Blondie said, frowning with displeasure. "As much as I'd like to hand it over right here and now, as Firecracker here as said, it's no longer in Appleoosa."

She opened her mouth to continue, but caught what looked like a large figure standing by the witness called Maiden Voyage, and the new arrival. Blondie sighed, and with a rather strained smile, she held her hoof up.

"One moment, Firecracker could you go handle the... situation over there? Make sure nopony gets hurt, and no ice cream is spilled." Blondie said, addressing her second in command. Normally something like this would be amusing to her, but at the moment the mafia boss was a bit too annoyed to have enough patience to handle this.

"Eh? Ice cre-" Firecracker began, before looking where Blondie had indicated. Then, an expression of mortification appeared when she realized what she was looking at, before she angrily flew over, shouting at the top of her lungs"OY! SHORTY! WHAT IN THE DEPTHS OF TARTARUS ARE YOU BUYIN' ICE CREAM AT A TIME LIKE THIS?!"

"Perhaps I should let everypony have a break after this situation is resolved..." Blondie muttered tersely. That bubble bath could not come soon enough.

[Ice Cream Squad...?]
Red "Firecracker" Flare

"You bought ice cream, ice cream, while we're in a situation where we could get a bullet shot through our skulls!" The short mare growled, jabbing the gigantic earth pony in the chest. Shorty held out the fudgecicle, Flare's favorite, and the pegasus's rage just fizzled out. "I- Okay look, I appreciate the sentiment, but now is definitely not the time. Just... one moment."

The pegasus snatched the ice cream out of Shorty's hoof, and turned her attention to the quibbling mass of pathetic that was the two witnesses that had happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time. She grunted in frustration, thinking hard what to do while taking a bite out of the frozen treat, before simply barking "Will the two of you quit panicking like a couple of foals, and calm down. Just listen to me, and I promise you that we'll let you go if you cooperate with us for now."

MagusZeal
Site Admin / Lore Master
Site Admin / Lore Master

Postby MagusZeal » Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:31 pm

Silvershine
Appleoosa – Alley

It was like she had an unending supply of goons coming out of the underbelly of Appleoosa, and it was starting to annoy Silver. “Two mares in the wrong place and unused to this sort of thing, with two of Blondie’s thugs nearby. Could call for help, flare or some other signal, but every ponies minutes away. Could also try equestrian hoof signals see if the merc knows it, but to much chance Blondie or her goons knows it as well.” Stepping forward the mare’s tail flicks again catching on the crossguard of her blade. “So your suggestion, I let you go and what? The element will show up on our doorstep in a week or so?

Lucy Took
Iceberg of Friendship
Iceberg of Friendship

Postby Lucy Took » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:33 pm

After her baby sister was escorted back to the hotel Iris trotted through some back roads of Appleoosa, her thoughts on why her mother would send Silver away so quickly before the real party started. She stopped her thoughts though when she heard talking, and a voice that she knew. Silvershine, the PSA's inventor was talking with two others, one a deep mare's voice, the other a rough voice that had some overtones that suggested it was quite possibly that of a griffon. Why isn't Silver at the celebration? she thought, before listening in and catching the last snippets of the conversation.

She walked into the street where the conversation was taking place, her horn ready to grab at the tools that Silver had supplied her with under her dress if need be. "Hello inventor, you're missing a great party out there. It's a bit stiff now, but I hear they're breaking out the good cider soon." she said smoothly, before looking at Blondie and showing no apparent emotion over the fact that she was starting to piece together that she was probably looking at the head of the mafia. "And hello Smooth Criminal, nice to finally meet you." she said, bringing out a bottle of bubbles that she'd had on hoof for Sugar and handing it to Silver, using it as an excuse to use her magic undetected to flick a couple of short term sleeping darts at the mafia members that were harassing the two scared looking mares. "Seriously mech, it's a lovely celebration, time to let our streamers fly, throw some confetti, blow some bubbles. Of course it would be best if we could negotiate something for the return of a certain precious element. The life of Smooth Criminal might be enough to incentivize it's return?"
~If this should end in fire, then we should all burn together~

Knight Tyrfang
Is a cackling Pony

Postby Knight Tyrfang » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:21 am

Bronze "Blondie" Scales
Appleoosa - Alleyway

Blondie said nothing as a newcomer came onto the scene, rather nonchalantly. She did not see the throw of the darts, but she did see something glint of the corner of her eye. Irked, the mare frowned at the added complications to the whole scenario, and the fact she was now playing the last card she had. The boss made no move whatsoever.

But after the suggestion that had been proposed, she relaxed, and smiled. Although her final card was out, it appeared that the game was over, and the negotiator had taken the pot.

"...Lab Rat." She said, looking right at the red unicorn, seemingly addressing nobody. "I don't recognize her, who is she?"

Then, out of the shadows where he had been the whole time, a pegasus stepped out and approached those involved in the stand-off. In one of his wings, the lab-coated mafioso was holding the darts that had been launched, and the scalpel he had used to deflect them.

"Her name's Iris, age 21, PSA agent." He said, not even looking at them or the boss, fixated on the darts. "Also one of our associates within our organization. Strange penchant for toxins and poisons, one of the reasons why we agreed to work with her despite her motives."

Satisfied with his examination, he placed his tiny blade and the tiny projectiles in one of his pockets, before adjusting his goggles to take a closer look at the arrival with a rather lascivious grin. "Interesting delivery system, very effective for such a small device I must say. And I cannot tell what the compound is at first glance. All while in quite the ravishing dress I must say. Brains, beauty, and a fiery personality, rawr, a mare going straight for my heart."

"And yes, I do sound like an old pervert." He added in response to the rather contemptuous look Blondie was shooting at him.

The boss really wanted to smack Rat, but he had done his job well, so she held back. "Aaanyhow, I guess it's finally nice to meet you then, Iris. And I think that's a wonderful idea, it would unfair to just hand over the element for free after all."

Kroll
A serious pony

Postby Kroll » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:22 am

Kroll
Appleoosa - Alleyway

The tercel had remained silent as the drama had continued to unfold, but his patience continued to erode as more and more ponies began to suddenly appear in the alleyway from seemingly out of nowhere. As the latest newcomer turned her attention to Bronze Scales, Kroll seized the opportunity to pull his employer aside--somewhat forcefully--so that he could have a little heart-to-heart with the mare.

"What is this?!" He exasperatedly demanded from his employer, gesturing with his free claw to Iris, Bronze, and the seemingly endless number of underlings the crime boss had at her disposal. "What is any of this, even?! You hire me to capture, yes New-boss, or no? I grown tired of this standby-to-stand-down you have elected for." he snapped at the mare, his temper now seemingly holding the reigns to his tongue.

"I am under your employ and yours to command so long as I am paid due, but I am nobody's fool, Equestrian; never assume that to be so." the tercel growled as he turned away from Silvershine, turning his attention back towards the others as he rolled his shoulders and fidgeted his wings in an irritable manner. "Now tell me, New-boss." he asked the mare beside him in a taut-but-calmer tone. "What is it I am to do?"

MagusZeal
Site Admin / Lore Master
Site Admin / Lore Master

Postby MagusZeal » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:26 pm

Silvershine
Appleoosa – Alley

Up one ally and down another Blondie freak, worse the merc was getting fidgety now though she couldn’t blame him. Fine, everypony wanted to be sweet and sour, that’s how she’d play this. A hoof falling to her harness she draws a flare gun quickly loading one of the rounds into it. “Orders? Take her.” A hollow thud filled the alley, smoke trailing skyward. “Iris, deal with her pet.” Eyes settling on the two near the poor mares Silver’s eyes narrow her hoof discarding the flare gun before ripping her sword from the ground. High above a black cloud explodes in the air with golden highlights raining down. Everypony in the PSA, guard or old military would know the meaning, hostiles with hostages send aid. Rushing up the wall and over Blondie the mare looks to put herself between the mare’s two hooligans and the youngsters cowering further back.

Knight Tyrfang
Is a cackling Pony

Postby Knight Tyrfang » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:27 pm

Bronze "Blondie" Scales
Appleoosa - Alley

Blondie simply followed the flare with her eyes, and clicked her tongue. "What a waste of such a pretty flare."

The boss cleared her throat, before barking out an ear shattering "SCATTER!"

Flare and Shorty's ears perked at the order, and Flare gave a quick "Tch", before the two were already quickly out of the vicinity. The feeling of being watched by three others disappeared.

"Until next time, my sweet!" Lab said with a wink towards the mare without a blade. He exchanged a quick nod with the Mafia boss, before zipping down a side alley, and on an escape route already mapped out earlier by him out of the city.

"Good, response time is quick." Blondie muttered in approval. "May need to speak with Trigger about leaving litter behind though..."

The chocolate earth pony shrugged, before speaking up to address the rather hurried swordsmare. She was all too relaxed, and pleasant for a scenario like this, where most others would probably be panicking. "My dear, you should really settle down. The stress'll be bad for your skin. Now, are you going to make me fight for my life, or shall we go find somewhere to sit to wait for your reinforcements to arrive? My hooves are chafing from all this action today."

White Mocha
Is a Sane Pony

Postby White Mocha » Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:29 pm

Longshot
Appleloosa - Desert

It had been a long, fruitless mission. Not that Longshot had expected otherwise; rumors of Necerion turning up somewhere had been popping up everywhere. While they weren't exactly credible, it was only prudent to check. All of them. Either the elder dragon had figured out how to move his lab around or, more likely, ponies were just gossiping. The younger ones who didn't really understand the danger probably found the idea exciting.

Whatever the case, he turned up nothing after a few months of hunting down rumors. The most exciting bit of information was when he found his way back to some small border town and heard about the planned ceremony in Appleloosa. Rather than make his way to a town with a train station, he'd decided to hoof it. It'd be like old times.

Most who knew him might assume that roughing it through the desert would bring up bad memories for Longshot, but he actually found it rather invigorating. The desert was nothing like the wasteland, life was everywhere by comparison. The bright sun was a blessing in his eyes, even with the heat it brought. Longshot remembered days of endless, washed out gray. Even the amount of water he was having to drink just to keep hydrated was a reminder of how much better he had it. He'd paid not one bit (or even a cap) for it and he hadn't even needed to check it for traces of necromanctic energies.

All this he was glad to be alone for. Nopony really appreciated when he got in one of these moods. Especially after two and a half decades. Still, not quite everything was perfect. His decision to walk straight there instead of getting to a town with a train station had caused him to be late for the ceremony. At least he could still listen to it on the radio. (Now there's a feature of his PipBuck he hadn't expected to see use again.) He'd just have to pay his respects to the fallen later on.

And then an alarm went up, Longshot didn't even need the radio to hear it. The broadcast was no help in telling him what was going on. "Spirit of Wind, speed my steps," he murmured, his horn and armor glowed briefly and when he started to gallop he really started to put ground behind him.

He turned on his broadcaster to as he ran, hoping sonepony from the PSA would be paying attention. "This is Longshot, I'm a few minutes outside Appleloosa. Somepony give me a sitrep."

He didn't get a response, they were probably busy... Especially considering the airship taking off. He spotted a pegasus shooting away from town, looked like a civillian, and tried to get her attention. A civillain eyewitness was better than going in blind...
We are what we repeatedly do.

Longshot's Theme

TwentySided
Site Admin / Benevolent One

Postby TwentySided » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:37 pm

Frost Glider - Appleoosa - Festival

As the princess's speech and reveal of the statue came to an end and the ponies on the podium came to an end, Frost followed the rest of her family off of the stage unable to help but giggle as she got off, "What was up with you on stage Prissy, you looked a bit hot under the collar the entire time. What are you afraid of being in front of everyone? That doesn't sound like you?"

Return to “DiE 2: Friendship Boogaloo (RP)”