Pyxis Paragraph College Grounds and Library, Ch 2

Enter Luna University near scenic Salt Lick City.
Lucy Took
Iceberg of Friendship
Iceberg of Friendship

Pyxis Paragraph College Grounds and Library, Ch 2

Postby Lucy Took » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:29 pm

Dean Golden Voice's domain includes any study that includes using language as one's primary medium. Communication students learn speaking and writing methods here, English students do the same, though with different applications, Education students learn to teach various things through language and theater students learn to use words to delight their audiences.

The library is the place that students either love or dread. It's not only a place filled with books for research papers and literary analysis, but also where all of the required reading for classes are found. Textbooks cannot be checked out, leaving all of the students to form study groups around whatever textbook it is their teacher decided to task them with reading.

But not all is focused around textbooks here. There are also rows of books that aren't directly related to classes,novels,biographies,spell guides and more just waiting to be cracked open and explored in the magical library or to be checked out and read elsewhere on campus.
~If this should end in fire, then we should all burn together~

captain_borgue
Is a cackling Pony

Re: Pyxis Paragraph College Grounds and Library, Ch 2

Postby captain_borgue » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:23 pm

It was 7:03 am, and Hannibal Kerrigan stood outside In the Black, the coffeeshop just outside the library. It was especially popular with the english majors on campus, and the Beatnik aesthetic certainly helped in that regard. Kerrigan came here for two reasons- the place opened at 7am, and they served regular coffee, black. No foam soy mocha latte triple caramel cappufrappaspressos or whatever- or rather, they still served that crap too, but they also had ordinary black coffee. Kerrigan was in a foul mood- the previous day's events, having to abandon working with Longshot to handle it, dealing with her father, the State department, Campus Police, and on top of everything else she was late.

"Good morning, welcome to In The-" the entirely-too-friendly barista began, before Kerrigan cut her off.

"Spare me the intro and the specials. Triple tall espresso, black, six sugars," Kerrigan said. she ordered the same thing, every morning, at the same time. And, every morning, at the same time, the baristas launched into their rehearsed bit about the specials or the pastries or some other irrelevant waste of time. Today, however, Kerrigan was in a less tolerant mood than usual, and to top everything off, there was still the matter of the press to deal with. There was no press scrum on campus yet, but there would be- and Kerrigan would no doubt be tapped to speak in front of them. all the pony staff had a tendency to get flustered before the camera, while Kerrigan could not possibly care any less.

The figure approaching her, however, was one she disliked even more than tabloid reporters. She managed to hide a snarl behind her coffee cup as he approached, and had her usual expressionless face on by the time he got to her. "Good morning, Artemius. Is there something you wanted?" she asked, cool as a cucumber. The truth of the matter was far more complex. Kerrigan had a bit of a soft spot for Artemius, even though she despised his methods, and the mere existence of that fondness bothered her. It was a weakness of hers, one that she guarded fiercely.
Last edited by captain_borgue on Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TwentySided
Site Admin / Benevolent One

Postby TwentySided » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:26 am

Artemus Deco - Pyxis Paragraph - In the Black

Art strode through the halls of Pyxis, it was a beautiful day, made that much more special by the events of yesterday. While the assault had definitely been a terrible tragedy for the poor changeling student, the investigation had taken the steps in the right direction once Art and Spell had taken the reigns. It had been a long day, listening to each of the students stories, hearing a lot of he said's and I know a guy's, but from the majority he was able to get what he needed, and help those who had no part in it, away from Kerrigan's wrath. It seemed his part was done and taken care of.

Approaching In the Black the minotaur greeted each of the baristas with a smile, listening to their daily morning dialogue, though his mind was already made up, "I think I'll get a nice medium white chocolate mocha, with just a bit of peppermint if you don't mind ladies." he ordered, dropping a five into the tip jar.

Receiving his order, Art, waved fair well to the girls wishing them a good day before turning and seeing a very familiar face. It was after all 7:05, which meant morning coffee for the dragoness. Starting with a brisk stride, the minotaur approached Kerrigan. "Well a good morning to you as well Kerri," Art replied, taking a seat next to the dragon, "I believe I have a little bit of information that you want. Names of a certain trio of Tri-Stomp individuals. Well two confirmed names and one plausible." the minotaur smiled, pulling a small piece of paper from his pockets, pushing it over to the dragon. "A Mr.Heavy Weights, Turbulent "Butch" Flight, and while not directly confirmed, Ivory Mark, their supposed 'leader' of the group. A few reputable students said they saw the three laughing as they returned to the dorm, some green stuff on their jackets. At the time these students thought nothing of it, a mere prank, but after a little talking to, they understood full well." with a grin the minotaur took a sip of his drink, "Now, I think its your turn my lovely battle axe to show them the error of their ways, when you feel its apropos."

captain_borgue
Is a cackling Pony

Postby captain_borgue » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:49 pm

Kerrigan took a long sip of just-under-boiling coffee, feeling the sugar crystallize on her tongue. It was more the texture than the sweetness that she enjoyed, it offered a sensation that few other culinary efforts could accomplish. "Mmm, good. Testimonials will certainly help to- wait, battle axe?" Kerrigan said, spluttering into her coffee. "I thought we had agreed, no 'pet names', especially not at work," Kerrigan added, her forked tongue flicking out nervously. She glanced around, but the only people here were the two of them and two baristas behind the counter. Between the hissing of the cappucino machine and the whistle of boiling water and the burbling of percolators, there was no possible way they could have heard.

"I am still on the fence as to how much more involved I am willing to be- this is really more a job for Spell Catcher or Mustang Magus. On the other hand, I am fond of the idea of putting the last nail in Tri Omega's coffin," she said, as the nictitating membranes enveloped her eyes and her tongue involuntarily flicked. "But as much as I would love to indulge in a revenge fantasy, there is still much work to be done. I take it the bad cop/good cop routine was effective?" she asked, taking another sip. She and Art had determined some time ago that her reputation for severity, and his for lenience, worked well to manipulate problematic students who would perceive him as a friend in the face of her as an enemy.

"There are rumors that the State department is holding back the press for the time being," Kerrigan said, finishing her coffee. "I for one appreciate the reprieve, Phi Omega Psi is barely off the ground, and it has been one day since our guest allegedly arrived. I doubt very much a media circus would prove conducive to my efforts in either of these projects. Not to mention how disruptive it would be for all of the other students. A pity, I had such high expectations for this semester. It had started off so smoothly."

TwentySided

Postby TwentySided » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:56 pm

"Right right forgive me," Art answered, 'forgetting' the nickname stipulation Kerrigan and he had agreed upon, well, more Kerrigan had stressed. "I'm certain Mustang or Spell will be able to handle it with very little problem. At least I hope so, better to have them get it finished soon before the majority of the media swoop in on this place. Don't get me wrong I'm sure that the State department will definitely be able to hold off the bulk but again, there is always the independents and the students who are trying to get a quick buck. I just hope that our changeling friend had been moved to some place they can't find him." the minotaur replied taking another sip of his drink.

"Let's also hope this whole this whole 'phantom poisoner' rumor also is just that." Art continued, "But despite all of this its still early in the semester Kerri, there is going to be hiccups in every single one, might as well happen sooner rather than later." Taking another long drink of his mocha, the minotaur grinned at Kerrigan, "rather have them at the beginning and a calming end rather than vice versa."

captain_borgue
Is a cackling Pony

Postby captain_borgue » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:29 am

"I already encouraged Chitin to join Phi Omega Psi, so he will be surrounded by students he is already familiar with- and everypony on campus knows I am very involved in the organization. It also affords him an opportunity to 'dine' to his heart's content, and in so doing, provide me with an in depth emotional analysis of some of the students living there who so happen to be patients of mine. It's about as ideal a situation as is possible," Kerrigan said. "He is not hidden, by any means, but neither will he be alone and vulnerable."

Mention of the poisoning made her reflexively stretch and clench her claws. "I have not heard anything worth mentioning regarding this poison issue- Doctor Shard is working on analyzing the toxin itself. Gou suspects it may have been a rival school, given that the intent appears to have been less about actually harming anypony, and more about winning the last meet. His reasoning is sound enough, though I cannot help but wonder... it is doubtful an inexperienced chemist could craft a concoction that would not do any genuine harm, but still have an effect. Statistically, it would be more likely to either do nothing at all, or be far more harmful. I suspect whomever is responsible is very skilled with potions, which troubles me."

TwentySided

Postby TwentySided » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:23 pm

"Oh, no you misunderstand, I didn't mean hide Chitin from the media. I'm just concerned that in his current medical state, that photographers, independent or otherwise would be detrimental." the minotaur responded trying to be as blunt as the dragon across from him. It didn't really feel natural, but good to get his point across hopefully. "I was wondering about the little group you've made. Hopefully he will fit in well there. But what made you want to actually do this? Don't get me wrong I think its wonderful, but Dean Kerrigan Hannibal, making a sorority/fraternity. Seems like a strange turn. But look at you, hard strong dragon caring for those around you." Art said with a grin.

The grin however quickly fell away as he spoke, "From what I've heard from Campus Security, they are looking for every lead they can. One being investigating the class lists of Mustang and Shard. Trying to whittle it down to those practiced in alchemy. Unfortunately Ride Along said they may have found something. You know the zebra that filled in for Sharp Wit? Whelp apparently he is also majoring in magic. Some are talking that gives him probable cause, or at least makes him a person of interest."

captain_borgue
Is a cackling Pony

Postby captain_borgue » Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:07 pm

"I think, once Chitin has healed to the point where he can use his abilities again, we will not need to worry about photographers much," Kerrigan said. "Luckily, I suspect the influence of his cohabitants will provide the ideal environment for convalescence," she added, with the barest hint of a smile. "Perhaps, Artemius, we have each learned via osmosis, as it were. You are being more direct than I would expect from you, and I am, apparently, more caring," she said. Though she did not really believe Art's influence was softening her- as being soft would be a weakness that could be exploited against her- the real reasons for her involvement were a bit too in depth to discuss over morning coffee with a colleague. And on campus, they were just colleagues.

Kerrigan's eyebrow raised with interest at mention of the zebra. "Is that a fact? How interesting," Kerrigan said, intrigued. "I'm sure if they need me to analyze this zebra, they will let me know. If it comes to that. In the meantime, business as usual. A return to normalcy will do everyone some good," Kerrigan said, getting to her feet. "You know where I'll be if you need me," Kerrigan said, giving Artemius a nod, before heading across campus towards the sleep lab.

Return to “Equestria University (RP)”