Ionic Bond College grounds, Ch 2

Enter Luna University near scenic Salt Lick City.
White Mocha
Is a Sane Pony

Re: Ionic Bond College grounds, Ch 2

Postby White Mocha » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:24 pm

Longshot
Ionic Bonds - Sleep Study Room

Longshot spent the night in a deep and restful sleep. He woke twice after a few hours each, both times he'd moved to sit up only to take in his surroundings. Once he said nothing and just went back to sleep, the second time he'd said "Tenpony..." before rolling back over.

He woke with plenty of time before Kerrigan arrived and, once he'd gotten his bearings, set his PipBuck to play a recording. DJ-PON3's familiar voice greeted another day and introduced a song by Sweetie Belle as Longshot set about restarting the check up on his firearms that Liberty had interrupted the night before, sure he'd finish by the time Kerrigan arrived.
We are what we repeatedly do.

Longshot's Theme

Morningglory
Is a pony

Postby Morningglory » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:25 pm

Ivy's stomach grumbled angrily. She checked her watch and let out a slow sigh, her heart sinking into her stomach. She could hear their voices, mocking her."You really thought I'd go out with you? You must be out of your mind." It was already one in the afternoon, and he was an hour late. "Yeah, right! Me and you? Please! It's even funnier now that we can see your stupid face."She shook her head from side to side slowly. "Stupid... stupid woman," she murmured to herself, standing up slowly and brushing off her skirt. "You'd think I'd know better by now, but like a fool..." She said quietly. "What are you gonna do, loser? Cry? Go ahead! No one wants to go out with you, freak!"She took off her glasses and ran a finger under her eye, brushing away a moisture that she had not had for quite some time. She gathered her things together and neatly stacked them in her backpack. She walked out the door, locking it behind her, and made her way across the campus.

She didn't bother to stop for food. Instead, she walked straight to her door. The door swung open to an empty room and she let out a quiet sigh, walking in and shutting the door behind her. Ivy turned off the lights and kicked her backpack under her bed, took off her glasses and put them on her desk. She fell into bed and hugged onto her pillow, breathing out slowly and quietly. In the silence of her empty room, Ivy wept.

captain_borgue
Is a cackling Pony

Postby captain_borgue » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:36 pm

Kerrigan arrived at the sleep lab a few minutes early, and stood in the lobby waiting for the clock to count down to the prearranged hour- at which point she knocked smartly on the door, only entering after being given permission. "Good morning, Longshot. I hope you slept well. How are you feeling today?" Kerrigan asked, eying the weaponry warily. she had seen firearms before, years ago, but these looked more menacing somehow. Part of her wanted to take them and destroy them, but part of her couldn't help but notice how immaculate they looked- these were obviously very highly valued, and cared for accordingly. The hoarding instinct in her approved- and despite Longshot's quirks, she had no reason to believe he would become violent. So for the moment, there was no need to act.

"As promised, here's you meal plan card- simply present it to the staff at the dining hall after you've selected what you are going to eat. There are cafes and coffee shops scattered about campus as well, but they are not on the meal plan and would require payment. The dining hall is not gourmet, but the selection is still quite palatable," Kerrigan said, holding out a credit-card sized piece of plastic to Longshot. "There typically are no classes on saturdays and sundays, so it is likely there will not be much activity about campus. I would be happy to show you around, or if you'd prefer to explore on your own, I've brought you a map of the campus, as well as a phone directory for the staff if you should require assistance with anything. It can be disorienting to transition from trauma to normalcy, so feel free to take things at your own pace."

TwentySided
Site Admin / Benevolent One

Postby TwentySided » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:17 am

Chitin - Ionic Bond - Greenhouse Outside

Doing his best to run, the changeling moved as fast as possible through the sparse campus. The occasional step eliciting yet another series of sharp pangs from his sides. Causing a misstep and falter in his stride. Inhaling sharply, he had to stop and catch his breath, waiting for the pain to subside before continuing again, this time at a slower pace, but eventually his rate increased back to the half run.

Seeing the greenhouse on the other side of the campus, he felt a brief moment of happiness as he got closer, finally letting his rate slow down as he reached the door. Pulling at it, the changeling felt the door only jiggle but not open. Pulling again, his heart sank, "No!" Again he pulled at the door, "no, No, NO!" Looking into the building itself, he finally noticed the lights had been switched off, the only illumination coming from the sunlight as it streamed through the glass. "NoNoNoNODAMNIT!" he repeated accenting his frustration with a final punch at the glass door.

Looking away, he let his back rest against the door, as he slid down it to a sitting position, "No, no, why?...fuck it all." He said to himself, his head shaking from side to side each time less energy put into it until finally he simply let his head rest on his arms.

captain_borgue
Is a cackling Pony

Postby captain_borgue » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:35 am

Of course, no sooner had Kerrigan finished talking than her phone began to ring. She sighed and rolled her eyes. "If you'll pardon me a moment," she said, giving Longshot a nod, before exiting the room, somewhat quickly. Once clear, she answered the call, mere moments before it would have gone to voicemail.

"This is Hannibal," Kerrigan said, in clipped tones. "Whom am I speaking to?"

White Mocha
Is a Sane Pony

Postby White Mocha » Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:09 pm

Longshot had finished his maintance check of the weapons by the time he heard the knock on the door, he was quite relived that the Pink Cloud had left them in working condition. He called to let Kerrigan in, watching to make sure it was her before he slung his rifle over his back and holstered the pistol. "Good morning. Slept great actually. Can't remember the last time I didn't need to set a watch. Probably the last time I visited Tenpony Tower."

He listened to her explain the meal plan and took what looked like some sort of ID card, except that it lacked his picture. It would get him free food though, and that was more than enough. Before he could so much as thank her for her generosity, her phone rang. He just nodded, saying as he stepped past her, "I'll just meet you outside."

Stepping out of the building, Longshot looked up at the sky and couldn't help but smile. The sun was up and not smothered by clouds. He could feel it's warmth on his face, almost like Celestia herself wished him a good morning. He breathed deeply and his smile only grew wider.

A strange construction nearby caught his eye as he absorbed the sceen of the the college growing active once again. "Now why would somepony build a structure out of glass?" he wondered to himself. "That couldn't possibly last..." He decided to investigate and noticed someone outside it, clearly not enjoying the morning. As he approached, he recognized it to be a changeling, distorted as it was by the bipedal form. He quickly concluded that, if relations were like his pre-war world, this changeling wouldn't be just sitting out in the open like this, he must be friendly.

Longshot push away thoughts of the changelings he knew, the missing companion and his old lover, as he approached. If he was hoping to cheer up the poor guy, his own heavy emotions would get in the way if he let this guy notice them. "Hey, chin up buddy," he said as he got close. "It's a beautiful morning; sky is clear and the sun is shining. I can't imagine any reason to be moping in all this."

Longshot's Theme

TwentySided

Postby TwentySided » Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:04 pm

Chitin - Ionic Bond - Greenhouse Outside

Hearing a voice near him, Chitin nearly jumped to his hooves, wanting to run away from this new person, however his fresh bandages and the pain in his chest quickly ended that plan before it began as he only managed to slightly shift away. It was another stallion, which made Chitin that much more concerned, of his experience there had only been one kind stallion he had met thus far. So odds were this one wasn't going to be nice either. "P-Please don't hurt me! Last year wasn't my fault I swear! I'm sorry really I am, just don't hit me...and w-why shouldn't I be moping! This entire day has been terrible, I get chased I get beat up, just because of what I am, and then just to make everything that much worse...I let Ivy down...I promised I'd be here and I broke that promise, and now I don't even know how I can apologize to her. I don't know where she lives, I don't know where the people she'd know lives. I just want today to start over..."

White Mocha
Is a Sane Pony

Postby White Mocha » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:35 pm

Longshot's eyes narrowed briefly. Somepony thought they could abuse someone just for what they were, did they? That was... an issue for another time. He had a more immediate problem in front of him, for now.

Longshot held a hand out for the buck, both in greeting and to help him up. "Let's get you on your hooves. I'm Longshot, by the way." He waited to get the stallion's name before continuing. "Here's what we're going to do. We're gonna start by getting some breakfast, beacuse everyone functions better after a meal. Then we're going to find this Ivy; I don't know her but I'm willing to bet that, with your condition, she'll understand. So, do you know where the food is?"

Once Chitin gave his response, Longshot wrapped an arm around him, not as a sign of comanionship or intimacy, just silent acknowledgement that the changeling could use help walking and a willingness to do so. "I've learned a lot of important lessons in my life," he said as they walked, Longshot letting the injured changeling set the pace, "but I'll tell you, none have been more important than this one. See, I knew this ghoul once, named Ditzy Doo. She was a pegasus who- oh wait. You don't have ghouls here. Basically think zombie; it's not strictly accurate, but it gives you the right mental image. In any case, if that wasn't nasty enough, she'd spent time as a slave after becoming a ghoul and she'd had her tongue cut out. She eventually got free and settled into this town, New Appleloosa. She had a hard time settling in because everyone was afraid of ghouls and, well, she wound up doing alright eventually, but not without some rough times, beatings included she's told me. But that's just the things that happened to her, the things she's witnessed... Well, nevermind." By now the pair had made it to the cafe and Longshot helpped him into a seat. "Just a second, I'll be right back."

He went up to the counter, quietly amazed at just how clean it all was, and came back with in a minute with his hands behind his back. "So as I was saying, this amazing mare, she never lost sight of the important stuff and now I'm passing on what she taught to you." He pulled his hands out, a banana nut muffin in one, the other offering Chitin a chocolate chocolate chip. "There's not a thing in this world that a fresh made muffin shared with a friend doesn't make better. Taste buds or no."

Longshot's Theme

captain_borgue
Is a cackling Pony

Postby captain_borgue » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:42 am

Kerrigan's face was usually an expressionless mask, impossible to decipher for all but the most learned of ponies who had known her for many, many years. It was a point of pride for her, a skill that she had spent most of her career encouraging others to pursue. For if nopony can guess how you feel, they cannot use that against you.

So when Kerrigan scowled as the poor girl on the other end of the call fell apart, it seemed as though the whole building darkened. "Do not move. Do not speak to anypony. I will be coming for you, and you can show me everything you have just stated. I will be bringing a camera and an audio recorder. Now if you please, take one step back from my office door," Kerrigan said, waiting for the familiar click of hooves on linoleum to signify her request had been carried out, before vanishing in a burst of flame.

Kerrigan to Bucephalus

TwentySided

Postby TwentySided » Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:46 am

Chitin - Ionic Bond - Rooftop Cafe

Giving the new stallion, Longshot, directions, he was surprised to then be lifted to his hooves again by this new stallion, toward where he had directed him to go. With each step, Chitin gave a sharp grunt feeling another shot of pain. Looking down at his chest he could see that his bandages were getting a darker shade of green as his wounds bled through. Leaving had easily been the worst idea he had, moving at all was not helping him. He needed to get back to the nurses office. There was no point in him being out anymore. Ivy probably didn't even want to see him at this point.

Looking over to Longshot, he began to feel a bit guilty as he finally noticed that the stallion had been talking. Something about a zombie having its lower jaw cut out. Or wait no it wasn't a zombie but a friend of his? Imaginary friend maybe? He didn't really know but he was at least thankful for the support Longshot was giving him. He could feel his breath growing more labored as they walked, some sweat beginning to form on his brow and more and more he felt winded.

Eventually the two made it to the cafe, by this time, Chitin's breathing had grown more frequent, sweat coming down faster as the stallion, finally came back with a muffin. Looking at the treat, Chitin tried to force a smile/ "T-thank, you...but" he managed, "I, I need to get back, get back to the nurses, Equuleus...building" Chiting muttered, pushing himself off of the chair and onto noodle like hooves, staggering, the changeling caught himself as he took a labored step followed by another. This was going to be slow...and painful more than likely...he was regretting even going out the door this morning.

Liberty_Walk
Is a not so serious Pony

Postby Liberty_Walk » Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:56 pm

Storm chaser - rooftop cafe

Having woken feeling happier than he had in a long time, Storm had gone to the cafe for breakfast. The party last noght had done wonders for the young Gryphon's mood and nerves. it felt good to be accepted for who he was, and to not hide. Heading to a table, he did a small pirouette, nearly ploughing into Chitin. "oh, goodness, I'm so sorry." as he looks at who he nearly knocked over, a moment's fear rushes through him, before his positive mood asserts itself again. I don't want to be judged or mocked for who I am, I'll not judge others. he thinks to himself. As he makes his decision, he realizes that the changeling was at the party. "oh, hey you're..." Storm freezes, finally taking in Chitin's condition "bleeding. Can I help?"
When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.
-Albert Einstein
Liberty's theme

White Mocha
Is a Sane Pony

Postby White Mocha » Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:15 pm

Longshot
Ionic Bond - Cafe

Longshot was confused at first, left standing at the table as... he wasn't sure what it was actually, some not-a-griffin practically ran his new friend over. It wasn't until the newcommer spoke that Longshot noticed the problem, hurrying over, still holding the mufins. "Stars, Chitin. I didn't realize you were hurting so bad, why didn't you say something?" Longshot looked him over, but he only knew combat first aid. Not to mention the physiology here could be completely different, as the not-pregnant mare had proven to him. Still bleeding through bandages was bleeding through bandages. "I could teleport but I have no idea where a doctor would be." This was when Longshot always felt worst, knowning action was needed but not sure how to act. The frustration was clearly showing on his face.

Longshot's Theme

TwentySided

Postby TwentySided » Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:53 pm

Chitin - Ionic Bond - Rooftop Cafe

Chitin cringed as the sudden appearance of the griffon nearly crashed into him. Opening his eyes, feeling that he was still on his feet, Chitin let out the breath he had been holding. "I,I just need to, to get to Equuelus. I left the nurses office...Ivy and I promised to meet at the greenhouse. I, I broke my promise, I shouldn't, I shouldn't have left..." he managed to say in heavy breaths. He was beginning to feel a bit lightheaded which was beginning to frighten the changeling. "First floor, three doors to the left from the main desk, Honey Heart." He recited from memory, taking another series of shaky steps

Liberty_Walk
Is a not so serious Pony

Postby Liberty_Walk » Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:07 pm

Nodding at Longshot, Storm Chaser speaks again, "I know where it is, Here, lemme help you," Storm puts Chitin's arm around his neck, then sweeps his legs from under him, into a carry. "This'll be quicker. I'm Storm, by the way. I saw you at the party last night, but we didn't get to meet." Breakfast completely forgotten, Storm starts for the medical facilities. "So, you missed a date or something?"

Storm Chaser & Chitin to Equuelus
Last edited by Liberty_Walk on Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.
-Albert Einstein
Liberty's theme

White Mocha
Is a Sane Pony

Postby White Mocha » Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:20 pm

The griffin was pretty strong, enough that Longshot was pretty sure he could get him there quick enough. Longshot followed along with them, focusing a spell to imbune a the bangages, quietly murmuring "Spirit of Life, he needs your help. Please, lend him your warm touch." Something... wasn't quite right, the spell felt... weak, but he felt it go through. It ought to help at the very least. He'd need to see why it wasn't quite so strong later.

He then turned his attention to the panicing changeling. "Calm down, Chitin. We've got you and it's going to be alright, I promise."

Longshot to Equuleus

Longshot's Theme

Morningglory
Is a pony

Postby Morningglory » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:20 am

Ivy walked swiftly to the Ionic building, with Lens trailing after her, looking somewhat lost. She hadn't seen Ivy act like this, ever. Every step was a heavy click of her horseshoes on the pavement, a purposeful, harsh propulsion towards a as of yet unknown goal. Lens followed in silence, a response to Ivy's own glaring silence that stung her ears in its resounding nature. Alongside them, vines tangled up out of the grass, trailing onto the concrete next to Ivy's feet, who didn't seem to notice them at all. In what seemed like a silent eternity, but was actually only a few moments, they arrived outside the greenhouse. Ivy didn't fumble with her keys as she slid the key home in the lock and opened the door. Lens followed her cautiously as the motion lights came up and the sun began to set in the West.

"So... uh... this is your lab... Nice to see where you... spend your time I guess." She said absently, looking around at the greenery that suddenly seemed somewhat dark and shadowy, encroaching on a beaten path that might have at one point been paved with linoleum. The entire place felt as threatening as the edge of an uncharted forest, a greenery that may have hidden vicious creatures, poisonous plants, and Lens wasn't sure Ivy could ensure her that this place lacked either. Lens followed the sound of Ivy's horseshoes and blatant silence to the back to a worktable that Ivy was suddenly abuzz with activity at.

Ivy opened cabinets, pulling out various items and putting them in a paper lunch bag. She pulled out a black marker and wrote on the outside of the bag, then turned and handed it to Lens. "Take this to Dean Hannibal. Straight to Dean Hannibal. Don't open it. Don't drop it. Don't stop. Don't talk to anyone. The less you know, the better." She said, dropping the gentle weight of the bag into Lens' waiting hands. Lens eyed the bag, then her roommate, and opened her mouth to say something. But when her eyes met Ivy's, cold crimson pools bitter with an anger Lens couldn't place, she shut her mouth. She let out a slow sigh and just nodded. "You're a real pain, you know that?"

Ivy merely waved her away. "Go. Take it to Hannibal." She repeated, "And don't open it." She added firmly. Lens shrugged her shoulders and turned away. "Alright, alright I'm going." She said flippantly, a crack in her voice betraying her true concern. She bit her lip anxiously, away where Ivy couldn't see, "Just... don't get into too much trouble... without me, you know." She said, trailing off. And then she was gone, leaving Ivy to her work. And such work she had to do.

Lens to Bucephalus.

Morningglory
Is a pony

Postby Morningglory » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:55 am

Ivy waited until she was sure that Lens was out of sight, and knew she had very little time. It could be too late, even as she stood there at her worktable, pulling together a carefully planned set of items, combining them in precise amounts. She worked quickly, her eyes checking the time every minute until she felt that she was prepared. She grasped the bag tightly in her arms, and checked her watch one more time. Four minutes until the sprinklers would go off. That was enough time, but only so long as she wasn't interrupted. She hurried to the door, closing it quickly behind her and taking to the air. Three minutes to go.

She headed immediately for the Tri-Stomps frat house, a house she had only seen in passing, flying so she wouldn't be disturbed. She arrived promptly, landing in a nearby tree. An angry chill prickling down her spine as her eyes landed on it, she sneered at the building and checked her watch. Two minutes to go. She would have to work quickly. She tore open the top of the bag, the rich earthy smell of topsoil reaching her nostrils as she took to the air once more. She sprinkled the soil, dotted with shining seeds, rich with her special blend of plant food, around the Tri Stomps frat house in concentric circles, concentrating on the lawn. She picked up speed as she reached the end of the bag, suddenly unburdened, and finally landed about thirty yards from the house. She looked down at her watch, and heard the satisfying click of the sprinklers coming on, drenching the ground and sinking the seeds, soil and plant food into the ground.

A cold smirk reached her lips as the sprinklers shut off and she came closer to the house. A chain reaction of budding and blooming began in her presence, processes that should have required more time, but little sun, given the nature of the plants at hand. In moments a carpet of green leafy vines burst into bloom with brilliant blue flowers that shined in the moonlight. Ivy stood back, just out of their reach, satisfied with her work, and smiled a grin she hadn't had in years, cruel, more a baring of teeth than anything else. She turned on her heel, and walked away, leaving her handiwork to do the rest of the work for her.

Ivy to Equuleus.

Lucy Took
Iceberg of Friendship
Iceberg of Friendship

Postby Lucy Took » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:18 pm

Chroma walked through the greenhouse doors and stopped in his tracks and started hoovering. Normally Ivy's plants were well maintained, organized and flourished with exceptional care, and most of them were, but there was a glass box that looked like it was normally left closed swinging open, the marks a pot left in front of several pots of the blue plant that was in front of the Tri-Stomps house. He picked up his phone and called Lens. "Ivy isn't in the greenhouse, but there seems to be a missing pot of poison joke so there's quite a bit of evidence stacked up that it's here unless there's some other botanist with motive. Even if I'm still not totally sure what that motive is. Have you tried calling here again?"
~If this should end in fire, then we should all burn together~

Return to “Equestria University (RP)”