Bucephalus College grounds, Ch 2

Enter Luna University near scenic Salt Lick City.
Liberty_Walk
Is a not so serious Pony

Re: Bucephalus College grounds, Ch 2

Postby Liberty_Walk » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:12 pm

"Pink... clou-wait... Fused? as in... part of you? For good?" Liberty looks a little horrified by that thought. "That's terrible..."
When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.
-Albert Einstein
Liberty's theme

White Mocha
Is a Sane Pony

Postby White Mocha » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:18 pm

Longshot just smiled at the colt. "Could've been a lot worse. Might've become a undead buck who killed anypony he breathed on. I'll take having my family's insignia permanently bonded to my chest any day. Now, I'm going to bed. Good night, Liberty."

Longshot to Ionic Bonds
We are what we repeatedly do.

Longshot's Theme

Liberty_Walk
Is a not so serious Pony

Postby Liberty_Walk » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:21 pm

"sleep well, dude." Liberty heads out to his car, and goes home.

Liberty Walk to Salt Lick City
When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.
-Albert Einstein
Liberty's theme

TwentySided
Site Admin / Benevolent One

Postby TwentySided » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:02 am

Chitin - Bucephalus - Sidewalks

It was late morning as Chitin walked along the sidewalks of Bucephalus. The sun was out and it was slightly overcast but overall it was comfortable. Not nearly as cold as it should have been in winter, but one couldn't call it warm. His wings buzzing, he couldn't help but think of the day he was going to have. He had spent the majority of morning buying the majority of his books for class after having seen Kerrigan to finally get his schedule.

His wings buzzing once again the changeling began to ascend before bumping into something in front of him. Falling to the ground, Chitin looked up to see a stallion, much larger than he had ever seen. "I-I'm sorry I wasn't really looking where I was goin-"

"You've got to be kiddin me!" the stallion spoke up, as he reached down, grabbing Chitin's shirt by the collar, hoisting him off the ground. "Hey Butch, Weights, get over here. Look at what I found!"

Chitin felt a sense of panic as two other larger stallions came up to the one holding him. All had the same blue jacket, each looked larger than the other and neither of them looked happy. "Well would you look at that?" the one called Butch replied, "Looks like our campus got a bit of a bug problem."

The other one, Weights, leaned in close to Chitin glaring, "You got some fuckin nerve coming here, showin your face roach."

"B-b-bu-Gauh" Chitin tried to reply before being cut off by a strike to his gut, knocking the air out him.

"My dad was in the hospital because of that retarded invasion! He missed my sister's play because of you!" the nameless brute growled, throwing Chitin to the ground.

Hitting the ground, Chitin's mind tried to crawl away, before feeling a another swift strike into his side, as one of his assailants kicked him, sending him to his back. "Looks like we have an obligation boys, there is an enemy amongst us." the nameless stallion grinned looking to Chitin as he sent another kick into the changelings side. The others soon following repeatedly beating on the changeling, all the while Chitin tried hard to crawl away.

Raising up to hands and knees, one of the kicks slipped under Chitin, once again knocking the air as he felt a crack as he went tumbling away from the group. Seeing his chance and gasping for air the changeling stumbled to his hooves, trying to run away as the one called Weights, closed the gap that had formed, throwing a punch, striking the left side of his face.

Not missing a step, Chitin didn't try and fight all he could do was run. Behind him, he could hear the stallions laughing as they watched Chitin stumble to his feet and take off at a sprint. Seeing the changeling try and get away, he heard the obvious leader call out and the three gave chase.

Chitin to Equuelus Tri-Stomps behind

Morningglory
Is a pony

Postby Morningglory » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:00 am

Serenade practically threw open the doors to Bucephalus as she sped towards Dean Hannibal's office at a full clip. She wound through the hallways until she came to a skidding halt outside the Dean's door and began to knock, calmly, but persistently. When she heard no answer within, it was only then she noticed the note on the door in the dean's elegant handwriting. I will be out of the office until 3PM. If you are in need of assistance, please call ###-###-####.. Serenade paused, and immediately began to panic, shifting from foot to foot nervously as she pulled her phone out of her pocket, nearly dropping it on the floor. She dialed in the number with a shaking hand, and continued to impatiently fidget as the line rang, muttering worriedly to herself.

Morningglory
Is a pony

Postby Morningglory » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:51 am

A flood of relief washed through Serenade as soon as she heard the dean's voice on the other end of the line. She couldn't help herself, "Thank Celestia! Dean Hannibal! It's Starlit Serenade and I'm standing outside your office! It's Chitin! Static and I found Chitin in a classroom in Equuleus and he was really badly hurt and we carried him to the nurse and he said that three stallions beat him up and Static's guarding the classroom now and I'm covered in his blood and he's in really bad shape!" She blurted out, taking just a moment to take a breath, "It's really bad Dean Hannibal! You've got to help! It was the Tri-Stomps, Dean Hannibal! It was, I saw them! And Static saw them and they were covered in his blood, and... and..." She tried to keep going, but the adrenaline in her system began to crash and she could feel herself beginning to cry from all the panic that had seeped into her mind.

Morningglory
Is a pony

Postby Morningglory » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:00 am

The dean's response stunned her for a moment, and she stopped crying as she immediately stepped back from the door, her silver horseshoes clicking on the linoleum. She looked at her feet as they moved, her breath still hitching in her chest. "Um... ok... I stepped back..." She said slowly, assuming that Hannibal just didn't want her to get the door dirty.

captain_borgue
Is a cackling Pony

Postby captain_borgue » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:04 am

Kerrigan materialized in front of her office a moment after hanging up the phone, and with the help of her tail unlocked the door and hurried Serenade into the office. She opened a few desk drawers and withdrew a camera and a voice recorder, and set both on the desk. "I apologize if I came across as rude before miss Serenade. But before anything else happens, I must have your cooperation- I will do my very best to ensure you are not in any danger, but this..." she said, trailing off. Where to even begin?! This was no mere hazing. Chitin was an envoy of his people, a people who were above all else masters of infiltration. Once word got out- and it surely would- that the only changeling to ever be sent, openly, as a show of good faith, was attacked? Wars were fought over less. The ink on the treaty had not yet dried, and already there was a threat to peaceful relations.

As the product of two belligerent nations attempting to broker peace, Kerrigan knew more than most what was at stake, and she had grown up facing constant threats based on her being different. But never anything like this. Provided, of course, Serenade was telling the truth. Kerrigan studied the mare closely as she photographed the green flecks of changeling blood- nothing in her mannerisms hinted at anything but honesty, reinforced by an omnipresent fear. A fear that was not entirely unfounded, as she herself had very nearly been a target of Tri-Stomp brutality.

"That should be sufficient," Kerrigan said, pocketing the camera. "Where did you leave him? I will need photos of him as well, and of the place you found him. Was anypony else with you when you witnessed this?" she asked, her talons typing away furiosly at the computer to compose a very hurried message to Spell Catcher. "It will be all right, miss Serenade, I can assure you. But for now, I must ask that you gather your courage and show me everything you can."

She hit 'send' on the message, stood up from behind her desk, and straightened her suit. "After you, if you please," she said, gesturing Serenade out the door.

A quiet 'beep' issued forth from her slim laptop a moment later, confirming the message had been sent-

"Spell-
Switch off the breakers at the Tri-Stomp house and shut the main water valve. Do not let any of them do laundry, and above all, do NOT LET THEM LEAVE THE HOUSE. I don't want them trying to destroy evidence. This is far more sinister than we thought. I will explain everything later. Be careful, Spell. I fear there may be more blood spilled before this is done.
-H.K."

The screen glowed pleasantly despite the direness of the text upon it for a moment more, before fading to black as it entered power saving mode.

Morningglory
Is a pony

Postby Morningglory » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:18 am

Serenade nodded slowly, trembling as if she were stuck in the freezing heart of winter. She cleared her throat, "Static Shock was with me when we found him. She ran off to guard the room we found him in. And Chitin, we left him in the infirmary with Dr. Heart." She said, pointing in the direction of the Equuleus building. "In the condition he was in, he should still be there. He said something about needing to go to the greenhouse, but Dr. Heart wouldn't hear of it." She said quietly, "He's going to be alright? Right? I've never seen someone hurt so badly." She asked desperately. "It wasn't right! It was just him, against three of those... those... ruffians!" She said angrily, then clapped her hands over her mouth, "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to use... such strong language." She murmured politely. "It happened in the classroom at the end of the hall on the second floor of the Equuleus building. Static is already there now... making sure no one can get in and clean up the mess before you get there."

captain_borgue
Is a cackling Pony

Postby captain_borgue » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:37 am

"Good," Kerrigan said, nodding approvingly. "It is most fortuitous that Dr. Heart happened to be visiting today, it seems. If she was involved, I have no doubt he will be just fine. We will check on his condition after we see where you found him- I don't want to leave miss Shock there by herself, in case they decide to come back and cover their tracks," Kerrigan said. "We will teleport there, it will be much faster and we are less likely to be spotted together. As idiotic as the Tri-Stomps are, they would know at the sight of you and I together that the jig was up, so to speak. Hold out your hand," Kerrigan instructed, before grasping Serenade's outstretched hand exhaling a plume of flame. It quickly swirled and engulfed them both, leaving only a trace of smoke in the space where they used to stand.

Kerrigan and Serenade to Equuleus

Morningglory
Is a pony

Postby Morningglory » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:29 am

Lens made her way across campus, absently flying instead of walking. The paper bag sitting heavy in her hands, she took a look at the front of it. Ivy had stapled it shut, and the front bore her hasty writing that Lens could hardly read in the failing light. The most she could make out was that it was for Dean Hannibal, but the rest was too crammed together for her to make out. She let out a sigh and kept flying forward towards the Bucephalus building.

As she landed lightly on the steps of the building, her phone jingled in her pocket. She pulled it out and answered with one hand, opening the door with the other. It was Chroma, and he sounded concerned. She let out another sigh, and made her way down the hall, hastening her steps. "I don't know. She didn't tell me." She replied, her clipped tone betraying a strange sense of being at a loss. This wasn't like Ivy, and that worried her, immensely. "She told me not to talk to anyone about it, but here I am, dropping off a paper bag to Dean Hannibal for her. She said the less I knew..." She trailed off, chewing her lip. "Chroma, I'm worried. This isn't like her. It's like someone else is living in Evelyn's body, and I can't get through." She said as she arrived in front of the dragon dean's door and rapped on it with the knuckles that held the bag.

captain_borgue
Is a cackling Pony

Postby captain_borgue » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:53 am

Kerrigan collapsed in her office chair, feeling genuinely fatigued for the first time she could remember. There was still so much to do... the Board would need to be informed, Campus Police would need to collect everything Kerrigan had found, the frat house was no doubt still under lockdown and they would be clamoring to know why, the Hive would need to know what had happened, the Royals would need to be updated so as to decide how to proceed on the diplomatic front... and that wasn't even including all the unrelated paperwork that lay in a neat pile on her desk.

Kerrigan took pride in her rigorous work ethic, but this was overwhelming, even for her. There was so much to do, and so very little time. Kerrigan rubbed the weariness from her eyes, fired up her slim laptop, and sent a series of emails- to campus police, the Board, and with some hesitancy, her father. They did not speak often, but he was one of the highest ranking dragons in the UDDR diplomatic corps, which meant that of every living creature she knew, he had the most experience with matters of diplomacy between less than friendly nations.

No sooner had she digitally sent campus police the entire account as provided by the girls and Chitin then a knock came at her door. Kerrigan groaned, before hauling herself out of her chair and opening the door to see Alicia Llewyn standing there, looking unusually subdued. "If that is another pastry, I can assure you that now is not a good time for social pleasantries," Kerrigan said. "I hope whatever you have to tell me is important."

Morningglory
Is a pony

Postby Morningglory » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:04 am

Lens was honestly startled to see Hannibal, and cellphone in one hand, and paper bag in the other, stammered to find a response. "Uh... yeah. You look like you're having a rough day too." She said, lowering the hand that held the cell phone slowly. She held up the paper bag, glanced at it, then held it out to the dean slowly. "Um... I was told to give you this... Ivy's... well, I don't know actually." She said, trying to be chipper, but faltering, "I was hoping you could tell me. She, uh, wouldn't tell me anything. She handed me this bag and... It's like... It's like she's not herself, you know? Like there's someone else in there. she said I needed to give it to you." She asked, suddenly stone serious, her voice on the edge of cracking with worry. "Is Evelyn in some kind of trouble, Dean Hannibal?"

Lucy Took
Iceberg of Friendship
Iceberg of Friendship

Postby Lucy Took » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:15 am

Chroma gulped the last drops of his coffee along with his daily round of medications. "That doesn't sound like Ivy at all. Remind me to never get her mad." he said overhearing the knock. "I'll be over, where are you at?" he asked before hearing Lens say Hannibal's name and he went out his window heading towards her office.
~If this should end in fire, then we should all burn together~

captain_borgue
Is a cackling Pony

Postby captain_borgue » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:20 am

Kerrigan's eyebrow raised. Alicia was never this... quiet. She seemed worried, almost scared. Maybe she knew something that nopony else was ware of. Kerrigan took the bag and carefully undid the staple and opened it, reviewing the contents. A selection of dried herbs, a bottle of calamine, and gloves... and written on the bottom of the bag the words "wear boots".

All of the pieces fell into Kerrigan's mind at once, in a sudden burst of clarity, hot and fast as a meteorite. "Oh, Smaug..... I'm afraid that all signes are pointing to miss Alistair being in very serious trouble, indeed. Possibly even in danger. She listens to you, which means I will require your assistance. But... keep your distance. I don't want to have to use these," Kerrigan said, carefully pulling on the gloves and stapling the bag shut, before stowing it in a pocket. "Come on- I have a feeling I know where she is going," Kerrigan said, holding out her hand.

Morningglory
Is a pony

Postby Morningglory » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:31 am

Lens stared after the dean for a moment before shaking back into reality to the sound of a dialtone on her phone. Chroma had hung up, and she looked at the phone, mystified for a moment, before putting it back in her pocket, and hurrying to catch up with the dean, who was moving with much more haste than would have been considered professional. Lens didn't blame her, and she was suddenly filled with dread. Something bigger was going on, and Ivy was at the center of it. Panic gnawed at the edge of her mind as they made it out the door, and Lens almost ran directly into Chroma as he descended. She paused and shook her head, trying to clear the buzzing fear that crept along her consciousness long enough to talk. "Chroma, we have to go with Dean Hannibal. Ivy's in trouble." She said quietly, her voice edged with panic as she grabbed onto his hand, her orange eyes quivering, at a loss for anything else she could think to say. She turned her eyes to the dean, who did not meet her eyes, "Let's go... and I hope you're wrong."

Lucy Took
Iceberg of Friendship
Iceberg of Friendship

Postby Lucy Took » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:36 am

Chroma shook his head, still slightly in a sleepy daze, but waking up rapidly. "What did she do that has the dean involved? Do we have any context for this?" he said, floating behind Hannibal with Lens. "It's not like her to be doing troubling things. She mostly just hangs out with her plants."

captain_borgue
Is a cackling Pony

Postby captain_borgue » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:51 am

Kerrigan barely restrained a growl as yet another student arrived. "We do not have time for explanations! If you are coming as well then hold on, flight is no longer an option, we must teleport, but you must decide, now! Are you coming with me or not?!" Kerrigan said, holding out her hand. Flames began to circle at her feet, the smell of brimstone and sulfur carried on the breeze around her. Her mind had already seized on the image of the frat house, she only needed an instant- the slightest pressure on her palm, and they'd be off in a burst of flame.

Lucy Took
Iceberg of Friendship
Iceberg of Friendship

Postby Lucy Took » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:52 am

Chroma hesitantly placed his hand in the dean's claw. "Seems like I'll be getting that explanation after I see the damage"

Morningglory
Is a pony

Postby Morningglory » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:53 am

Lens grabbed her other hand instantly, and nodded to her, ready to go.

Return to “Equestria University (RP)”