Bucephalus College grounds, Ch 2

Enter Luna University near scenic Salt Lick City.
TwentySided
Site Admin / Benevolent One

Re: Bucephalus College grounds, Ch 2

Postby TwentySided » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:27 pm

Double Edge - Bucephalus - Martial Meet

Double's smile broadened as Rose excitedly ran her fingers over the totem giggling, "You look beautiful with it. I hope works in giving you great luck." the zebra continued, getting to his feet with some strain, he was not going to enjoy seeing how he felt tomorrow. "So, I guess I'm done with sword stuff, lets ge-" Double began before hearing a familiar clearing of the throat.

"You were so great out there Dubs I'm so jealous of how good you are at this! That last match and the way you just WHAM and then BLAMMO it was so cool! Oh yeah and River and Booster are throwing a floor party too for something about a new frat or sorority or something and I was thinking maybe we could all go if you'd like? Of course if you two want some time for yourself first and Mister Diamond Dog here then you should go for it but maybe afterwards?"

"Oh thank you very much Sis." Double replied, smiling at his twin. "Also, thank you so much for coming. You really didn't have to if you didn't want to. After all it was luck that I got to go in and actually fight today...wait they are holding a party? Tonight?" Well there went that chance for some peace and quiet when getting home. Double thought, hoping he had remembered to lock his room. There were some potions he was still working on, potentially volatile if disturbed mid steep. Looking back at Static, he could clearly see she was deciding to use her pleading stare...how much had she gotten him to do with that one? "Ah, well, um, anyways yeah yeah I think we can go to the party afterwards. Rose and I were thinking of getting some ice cream, I think there's a store close by the apartment. Um, Rose, Tiny what do you think?" He asked, making sure to include Rose's ever present guardian. He didn't want to find out what could happen if he ever crossed the Diamond Dog's line.

captain_borgue
Is a cackling Pony

Postby captain_borgue » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:09 am

"Well, how about we do both? Go get ice cream now, then go to the party? Or we could have Tiny go check the party out- you know, make sure it's safe?" Rose said, in a pleading tone towards Tiny. The Diamond Dog sighed heavily, but he knew that ultimately it was futile. "I think it's an excellent idea. Tiny, go check out the arty and dance with a pretty girl, so Double and I can go get ice cream, ok?" Rose added, teasing him.

"Alright, alright. Under one condition- you give me your phone, and Double texts me when you guys are heading back. Let's say, two or three hours. I don't hear from you, I'm assuming something bad happened. Deal?"

Rose tried not to squeal happily, and instead held her hands in front of her and nodded. "Deal. NO BACKSIES! Come on Double, let's go before he changes his mind," she said, giving him her phone with one hand and tugging on Double with the other.

Korkoa
Site Admin / Pyro
Site Admin / Pyro

Postby Korkoa » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:35 am

Tellie nodded and accepted the sticky note, tucking it into one of her pockets. "Thank you, Dean Hannibal... I-I'll check in with you when I've made a decision, though it'd probably still be prudent for me to set up regular sessions with you or one of the other counselors..." She stood up and rubbed the wrinkles out of her hoodie, turning to go before stopping a moment. "Um... J-just one more thing, if you don't mind... Could you give me the name of that tea? A-and maybe where to find it if it's a specialty one?"

-----------------------------------------

Static smiled broadly, turning to the Diamond Dog and sticking out her hand. "Hi Tiny! I'm Static and I'm Double's twin sister which is funny cuz we don't act anything alike if you hadn't noticed and we dunno which is the older one cuz our mom and dad didn't want there to be rivalry or something like that I dunno we never got a good answer out of them anyway you'll have a great time at the party our cousins Booster and River are hosting it and they're fantastic so come on!" She said, without taking a single breath, grabbing the Dog's massive paw and starting to run, only to reach arm's length and be jerked back by the fact that the (probably very confused Diamond Dog) had yet to start moving.

captain_borgue
Is a cackling Pony

Postby captain_borgue » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:53 am

Korkoa wrote:Tellie nodded and accepted the sticky note, tucking it into one of her pockets. "Thank you, Dean Hannibal... I-I'll check in with you when I've made a decision, though it'd probably still be prudent for me to set up regular sessions with you or one of the other counselors..." She stood up and rubbed the wrinkles out of her hoodie, turning to go before stopping a moment. "Um... J-just one more thing, if you don't mind... Could you give me the name of that tea? A-and maybe where to find it if it's a specialty one?"

"You are quite welcome, Ms. Plato. Usually sessions occur on a weekly basis, though as classes are ramping up I would recommend every two weeks. I can pencil you in for two weeks from today, if you'd like- I have an opening for ten a.m. and another at four p.m.- I can hold the session for you, and if you find a different schedule works best, we can arrange that easily enough. The tea is a jasmine chamomile. Dean Firesong introduced me to it some time ago- I am not certain where she gets it, I only know that I find it most relaxing. If you'd like, I will ask her to acquire some for you."

TwentySided

Postby TwentySided » Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:05 am

Double Edge - Bucephalus - Martial Meet

"Great idea" Double replied, taking Rose's hand leading her out of the gym. He was incredibly thankful to actually have a chance like this. He had never actually seen Tiny give in to a demand like that, especially one like this.

"How did you get Tiny to actually give in like that Rose?" Double asked as the pair exited the gym, the zebra taking the lead as he guided her down the sidewalk. The ice cream parlor he was thinking wasn't too far off campus, after all they could take the bus there, but this was the first time that he was actually alone with Rose, honestly alone, without the diamond dog hanging just behind him glaring at him. He wanted to at least let this last as long as possible.

captain_borgue
Is a cackling Pony

Postby captain_borgue » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:50 pm

"Well, I could say it was a spontaneous response to my sheer force of will. But the reality is, I've been needling him for weeks to let us have an actual date. And I'll bet he's just staring at my phone, hitting a button whenever the display turns off to turn it back on," Rose said, laughing. "So, for the record- my favorite flavor is all of them!" Rose said, with an uncharacteristic shout. "What's yours?"

Kerrigan rubbed her eyes after Tellie left. It had been quite a busy afternoon, and it was not yet done. "Come on in, Spell. I do apologize for making you wait so long. It has been a strangely packed afternoon- and from the message Dean Firesong sent me, it appears it will continue for some time," Kerrigan said, before finishing the last of the jasmine tea. "Care for a cup of tea?" she asked, draining her cup. "Dean Firesong sent me a message saying my services were required at her place- which is unusual enough to pique my curiosity. To be quite honest, I'd like to see what the fuss is about- and being one of the most learned ponies in regards to magic, I would appreciate your insight in the matter, as well."

Kerrigan sent a quick message to Firesong saying she would be on her way and mentioning that Spell Catcher would be coming along as well. "I'll wait to make sure they reply before we head out- I'd like to make sure they know we are coming first."
Last edited by captain_borgue on Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

TwentySided

Postby TwentySided » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:39 am

Double Edge - Bucephalus - Path to Salt Lick

Double glanced back to see Tiny's reaction from Rose's outburst. Admittedly he couldn't actually see much of the dog's reaction, since evening had shrouded everything, but he could almost feel as if the guardian was glaring at him, in such a way as to say you get her sick and you're dead "I applaud your dedication to having such an evening Ms.Rose, it must've been quite a challenge, fighting that brick wall of a dog." Double said in a joking manner. He had no experience when it came to dates, and was admittedly rather frightened he might mess this whole thing up. Hopefully, if he was actually doing something wrong Rose would help him out. "Favorite flavor of ice cream? Well I would have to maybe say vanilla?" Double shrugged, as they reached the edge of the campus. "I'm sorry that must sound terribly boring. I guess I like it because you can add anything to it and it really just works perfectly."

Looking both ways, Double led Rose across the street, and officially into Salt Lick City. "What about you, what's your actual favorite flavor, cause I don't mind getting all of them if that is true. But just let me know a day in advance when Tiny starts his hunt for me, for being an enabler for stomachaches."

Double and Rose to Salt Lick City

captain_borgue
Is a cackling Pony

Postby captain_borgue » Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:31 am

Kerrigan's phone buzzed softly in her pocket, alerting her to a new response. She quickly swished one elegantly trimmed claw across the screen and pocketed it once more. "Excellent, they are expecting us. I will teleport in a few houses over, so as not to startle whomever it is they have waiting for me- so if I am not present when you arrive, I won't be long," Kerrigan said, as she stood up from behind her desk, carefully rinsed out her teacup, kettle, and tea ball, and straightened her clothes- before vanishing in a cloud of smoke and flame.

Hannibal Kerrigan and Spell Catcher to Salt Lick City

Liberty_Walk
Is a not so serious Pony

Postby Liberty_Walk » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:06 pm

Liberty Walk from Ionic Bonds

Liberty Walk - Sleep Lab

Liberty takes the card from Hannibal Kerrigan, grinning, "Aw, heck, I don't need anything. Thanks for the offer though." Then, to longshot, he says, "Hope you don't mind the college's name on all your clothes, heh. That's pretty much what they offer." He heads out the door, trying to remember his way. A moment later, he walks past the door again, headed the opposite, and correct direction.
When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.
-Albert Einstein
Liberty's theme

White Mocha
Is a Sane Pony

Postby White Mocha » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:43 pm

Longshot from Ionic Bonds

"Combat arts, huh?" Longshot mused to himself. "Combat is an art here? Maybe I should look into that sometime." He rolled his eyes at Liberty as he left, realizing now for the first time everyone here wore clothes and deciding it must be a social thing. He took the towel Kerrigan had offered with a thank you. He couldn't believe a towel could be so fluffy, but kept that to himself.

He stepped into the public showers to find them empty and set about undressing, he first disarmed first, though kept his weapons in sight, and within magical reach. He ran into a problem when he tried to pull his old Night Watch barding off, however. It seemed the wasteland, through Canterlot's Pink Cloud had managed to leave one last mark on him. A portion of his armor had fused to his chest.

Longshot hesitated, this had been his armor since he was barely more than a colt. It had seen him through ten years of the Wasteland after his whole family had died. He didn't want to mutilate it...

After examining it closer, he decided he was being silly. The truely important part had fused to his chest anyway. He levitated his combat knife over and began to cut out the section that was now a permanent part of him.

After his shower, he waited for Liberty to return with clothes by using a bench in the locker room to give his two remanining firearms a once over with the maintenance kit in his pack. He knelt before it, levitating the sniper rifle, 10mm pistol, and a few tools as needed, the Night Watch symbol of Luna's eyes in a circle of stars still over his heart.
We are what we repeatedly do.

Longshot's Theme

Liberty_Walk
Is a not so serious Pony

Postby Liberty_Walk » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:24 pm

Liberty Walk - Showers/locker room

Liberty soon returns from his 'supply' run, with a plastic bag bearing the university logo. he begins digging in the bag, and talking at the same time, "Hey, Longshot. I got you a T-shirt, a zipper hoodie, and a pair of sweats." He hands them off, All of them bearing the logo of the college in some shape or form. As Longshot accepts them, Libety actually looks around. "Is... Is that a gun?"
When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.
-Albert Einstein
Liberty's theme

White Mocha
Is a Sane Pony

Postby White Mocha » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:25 pm

Longshot stopped when he heard someone enter, but didn't set his firearms back down on the bench until he saw it was Liberty. He thanked him for the clothes and paused before putting them on to frown at the logo. This was Luna's school? Stories of the Littlehorn Massacre immediately jumped to mind and Longshot felt a little queasy.

He was distracted from those thoughts when Liberty pointed out the guns, and he looked up at Liberty, a bit amused. "Two of them as a matter of fact. That's an IF-99 .308 semi-automatic sniper rifle and the practically unbreakable 'Caramel,' the IF-21 10mm semi-automatic pistol." Longshot chuckled a bit a as he started shrugging into his clothes. "The later actually has a pretty great story behind it. Magazine articles say the Caramel, named for some cousin of Minister Applejack, got it's start when Minister Rainbow Dash told her that the 9mm pistols were 'too dinky' and that they needed to 'turn it up to eleven.' They say Minister Applejack took it as a challenge and the Caramel was born. Both of them refused to comment for the article, though."

Longshot's Theme

Liberty_Walk
Is a not so serious Pony

Postby Liberty_Walk » Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:22 pm

Liberty stares blankly at Longshot "That looks significantly bigger than 10 millimeters... I'm honestly a little concerned that you might get in trouble for having weapons on campus." He rubs the back of his neck nervously, "I mean, from what I know of your world, I don't expect that you'd be caught without them there, but... You're safe here. They might make other folks nervous...
-Albert Einstein
Liberty's theme

White Mocha
Is a Sane Pony

Postby White Mocha » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:54 pm

Longshot stopped halfway through putting his shirt on. "... It fires ten millimeter ammunition," he said flatly, covering up his dusbelief that somepony wouldn't understand something so basic. "You seriously just walk around unarmed all the time? Is your right to protect yourself unrecognized, or are you all just trained in close quarters combat?"

That would make a certain degree of sense. Make certain that the authorities held the advantage of weaponry while making sure each citizen was capable of defending themselves. Granted, some would naturally be better than others which some might take advantage of while guards aren't around, but no system was perfect and this would always put the advantage in the hooves of those upholding the law. It didn't exactly seem like they had to protect themselves from raider attacks, so things like Ponyville simply never happened.

Longshot's Theme

Liberty_Walk
Is a not so serious Pony

Postby Liberty_Walk » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:14 pm

"Uh, no... why would we need to?" Liberty sighs, remembering Longshot's background, "Sorry, I keep forgetting you're from a much more anarchic, violent place. This is a really peaceful place. I'm not entirely sure what the rules are for having a gun, but I know you've gotta have a permit and all, in case you go nuts and kill someone, they can match the energy signature to the weapon, and the weapon to the owner, and bring the killer to justice... Which they hardly ever have to, dude... Like I said, it's really peaceful. I mean, you can't get mad and shoot someone, if you don't have something to shoot them with, ya know?" There is a pause as Liberty recalls something Longshot said, "What do you mean ammunition? Is that the size of energy pack you put in it, or something? I don't know much about them, but that seems small for an energy pack."
-Albert Einstein
Liberty's theme

White Mocha
Is a Sane Pony

Postby White Mocha » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:24 pm

"No, it fires bullets." Longshot lifts a magazine for both the pistol and rifle and holds it out to Liberty while he tried to sort through that logic. So much of it was so heavily flawed; as if a gun was the only way to kill somepony... He recognized that this wasn't the colt to debate it with though. "Well, thanks for the warning, I suppose, but I'll keep them on me." He finished dressing and packed up his guns up in a quick, well practiced manner.
Last edited by White Mocha on Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Longshot's Theme

Liberty_Walk
Is a not so serious Pony

Postby Liberty_Walk » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:33 pm

"Okay, just promise me you won't make a big deal if someone says you can't, okay? I don't want to see you getting in trouble, your first day here." Liberty accepts the magazine, looking it over. "How does this work? What are these?" Liberty is baffled by the projectiles.
-Albert Einstein
Liberty's theme

White Mocha
Is a Sane Pony

Postby White Mocha » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:42 pm

"If it is a big deal, then it will be a big deal. I appreciate your concern but I can handle my own buisness. " Longshot took the magazines back to slide them into place before putting them away. "They propel the projectiles into the target to cause injury. I'll explain the details of how they function another time if you're still intrested. I'm rather looking forward to getting a good rest at the moment."

Longshot's Theme

Liberty_Walk
Is a not so serious Pony

Postby Liberty_Walk » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:52 pm

Liberty just shakes his head, "Okay... I'll just leave it be for now. Though, I'd love to learn about them." Liberty can't help but remember seeing the patch of leather on Longshot's chest, before he put the shirt on. "Would I be rude to ask what's up with that?" he gestures to Longshot's chest. "Not the shirt, under it."
-Albert Einstein
Liberty's theme

White Mocha
Is a Sane Pony

Postby White Mocha » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:07 pm

"Just a piece of my armor the pink cloud fused to my chest." Longshot gestured to the trash can where the rest of it was. "I had to cut it in order to get it off and shower."

Longshot's Theme

Return to “Equestria University (RP)”