Bucephalus College grounds, Ch 2

Enter Luna University near scenic Salt Lick City.
Lucy Took
Iceberg of Friendship
Iceberg of Friendship

Bucephalus College grounds, Ch 2

Postby Lucy Took » Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:12 pm

The University grounds are always a hubbub of activity between classes, with impromptu games of disc on the quad and clusters of students socializing. At least, on most of the campus. Once students are close to the three buildings that made up the Bucephalus School of History and Science, they know better than to waste time with frivolities. Dean Hannibal, the only dragon on campus, has little patience for frivolity. She is cunning, effective, and absolutely brilliant- but there's a ruthlessness there, too, the barest hint of a razor sharp wit hiding behind her reading glasses that will devour anypony foolish enough to go traipsing about, not a care in the world.

The Bucephalus School encompasses the History, Political Science, Social Science, Criminal Justice, Business, and Pre-Law fields. Dean Hannibal believes each is a reflection of the other, and all stem from understanding one's place in the world by studying those around you and those who came before you. There is an indoor athletic venue as well, which contains a skating rink, swimming pool, track, and gymnasium equipment. Dean Hannibal 'encourages' students to maintain their physical fitness, as she believes a mind is only as capable as the body that contains it.

Strangely enough, Dean Hannibal is also the chief sponsor and financial backer of the quarterly dances- the Fall Formal, Winter Prom, Spring Fling, and Summer Festival, all of which take place within the Gymnasium during inclement weather, or on the green space near the lake shore. These dances serve to give students an acceptable and organized arena in which to, as Dean Hannibal puts it, "get all that pony nonsense out of your systems".

While the Fall dance is out of the way, and the Winter prom is over a month in the future, the social purpose of the gym is in full swing with Greek groups constantly attempting to get approval to host meet and greet parties in the space, a job that Hannibal does with great scrutiny that not a drop of alcohol is seen in her domain(Save what is used for preservation in the labs) and that no hazing is done under her watch.
~If this should end in fire, then we should all burn together~

Lucy Took
Iceberg of Friendship
Iceberg of Friendship

Re: Bucephalus College grounds, Ch 2

Postby Lucy Took » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:06 pm

Coma Ataxia-Hannibal's Office

Chroma walked down the halls with purpose carrying a huge binder. He checked in with Hannibal's secretary and went through the door, forgetting to even do a polite knock before bursting in and setting a binder down on the table.

"Nice to meet you Dean Hannibal. I'm Coma Ataxia. The binder is a copy of my medical history. In short the reason I came to see you is that I'm sick of my narcolepsy and I just want to have a normal life."

captain_borgue
Is a cackling Pony

Postby captain_borgue » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:30 pm

Hannibal Kerrigan was the sort of woman who appreciated punctuality, as well as avoiding unnecessary banter and getting to the point. Even still, mr. Ataxia's entrance was almost startling in its directness. Had she not been expecting him, it would have almost come as a surprise.

what did surprise her was both the condition he needed help with, and how prepared he was for this meeting. She picked up the binder and flipped through the first few pages, scanning each quickly before moving on. "I appreciate that you came prepared, as well as being on time. Though for future reference, knocking before entering would be more appropriate. With mid-terms approaching, it is entirely possible another student may be in the midst of an emotional breakdown, and it would be an unkindness to interrupt their session," Kerrigan said, furiously scribbling notes with one hand as she flipped pages with the other.

"As to your condition- I see here that you have been on a variety of medications, with mixed results. This is fairly common for narcolepsy- what is unusual is that you are an inherently nocturnal species, and there is so little data available on the effects of these medications on nocturnals in general, yet there is quite the shopping list of stimulants, as it were," Kerrigan said, in calm even tones that belied her ravenous curiosity. A batpony, with a condition that related directly to Neurobiology- which was, after all, one of her primary fields of study. The potential trove of research data almost made her salivate. After all, dragons love hoards- and for Kerrigan, knowledge was more appealing than gold.

"Before we go any deeper into past and current treatments, I will need to know the extent of your condition. Most narcoleptics experience cataplexy symptoms as well- a sudden loss of muscular control while retaining full awareness- in addition to rapid onset sleep paralysis and insomnia. Seeing as how your circadian rhythm is polar opposite, however, I am curious as to what symptoms you are presenting, as well as when they occur. To that end, I would advise you to keep a logbook of symptomatic events- any episode you can remember, or that others tell you about, and if possible an approximate time. I'd also be interested to know how you are emotionally processing this condition. For example, how it is affecting your classes, or your social life, or family life, that sort of thing," Kerrigan said. "And as much as I dislike having to bring this up, if any students or staff have made your scholastic endeavors more difficult by failing to meet any accommodations you require, I will need to know that as well, so that the issue can be rectified."

Lucy Took
Iceberg of Friendship
Iceberg of Friendship

Postby Lucy Took » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:50 pm

Chroma blushed, he hadn't thought through how private the office must have been and the mistake that he has avoided of busting in on a personal moment. "I'll be sure to knock next time, I'm sorry." he said before thinking through the question and answering.

"I have catalepsy from time to time, though it is much rarer than the sleep attacks. I've been known to have them in class when I'm engrossed in the lecture and suddenly I realize that I can't move my hand to take notes. They normally only last about five minutes, but it can be distressing. As for the other symptoms and my social life...I'd managed to lock myself into a schedule and only fall asleep randomly once or twice a week, normally in art class since it takes place late in the day,early in my cycle, but occasionally in astronomy which takes place around the middle of my cycle, though that's less related to my sleep cycle and more related to my emotional state. Thankfully my teachers and classmates are supporting and my professors just give me their lecture notes to study what I missed.

My most recent issue though has been affecting my social life. You see, I recently started a relationship with my girlfriend and heightened emotions often trigger sleepiness. She is...incredibly understanding, but I'm afraid that any show of emotion putting me to sleep will strain our relationship. Personally I manage. The stimulants allow me to maintain wakefulness long enough to keep up with my school work and interests, but lately I've become more concerned about my lack of ability to reliably keep appointments or stay awake through a conversation is going to effect my relationships with others. I'd avoided forming relationships last year to save myself the hassle, but now I see that that's no way to live."

captain_borgue
Is a cackling Pony

Postby captain_borgue » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:53 pm

"Interesting," kerrigan said, scribbling more notes. "Is this effect constant for any emotional stimuli? For instance, does the same thing occur when you are, say, angry?" Kerrigan asked. "It would be helpful to know what sort of stimuli trigger an event in order to narrow down which region of the brain may be responsible for their onset. Of course, the clearest way to do so would be to do an MRI scan of your brain during one of these triggers, though that may be a bit too forward at this stage."

Lucy Took
Iceberg of Friendship
Iceberg of Friendship

Postby Lucy Took » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:59 pm

"Only strong emotions if it's emotionally triggered, and not randomly so." The bat pony continued on. "Anger occasionally will trigger it, but I'm rarely angry enough for it to make me any more than a little drowsy. Excitement and...well...passion are normally the biggest triggers." He flipped to a page in the binder. "I do have a copy of MRIs I've had in the past, but they I wasn't sleepy at the time. I'd be willing to do another one, but I don't know how to force an emotion."

captain_borgue
Is a cackling Pony

Postby captain_borgue » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:13 am

"the easiest method would be to note what events triggered an episode in the past, and then recreate those events. A log book would help in this regard, and may provide insight into patterns of occurrences that are not otherwise readily apparent," Kerrigan said, fishing a small, tidy black notebook in a pleather cover from a desk drawer. She kept a stash of these memo books in her desk for occasions such as this, as a well maintained log was almost universally helpful in any manner of conditions students came to her for.

"I'd like you to keep a journal of sorts, and log any time you feel an episode coming on- or as much as you can remember after you recover from one. After a week, we can analyze the results together and then proceed from there. I would prefer to avoid medication at this point until I have more information, as it is not out of the realm of possibility that pharmacology is not actually treating the underlying issue."

TwentySided
Site Admin / Benevolent One

Postby TwentySided » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:03 pm

Double Edge - Bucephalus - Gym - Martial Arts Meet

Double sat on the edge of the lowest bleacher seat next to the others on the fencing team, watching as the captain of their team, Sharp Wit, took center stage against his opponent, an earth pony from Celestial Tech. Around them other schools and teams participated in other forms of martial arts, pitting two or more competitors against one another, while others were demonstrating their skills in elegant and elaborate katas.

Returning his attention to the Sharp Wit, Double Edge watched as the captain and his opponent's blades met, the spectacle quickly becoming a flurry of lights as the two protection encased blades danced with slashes, lunges, parries and ripostes. All the while, the judge circled outside of the arena, calling out points as blade struck body. Before finally ending the first round, sending the two back to their respective corners, Professor Gua, heading over to Sharp Wit, handing the unicorn a fresh bottle of water, before speaking in a tone too low for Double to actually hear, but guessed that they were words of encouragement, or pointing out weaknesses in Wit's opponent that could be exploited.

Watching the two combatants take stage once again, Double watch as the two re-engaged. Wit's opponent, landing two blows in quick succession, causing the unicorn to stumble back off the balls of his feet, but quickly recover and respond with a series of ripostes, easily deflected by the earth pony, the fight was quickly becoming one sided in favor of Celestial Tech. Sharp's moves growing more and more sluggish with each swing. Finally the judge called an end to the round, Sharp Wit not having landed a single blow on the earth pony while the same could not be same for him. The score at the ending of the second round: twenty four to Celestial Tech, fourteen for Luna University "Um, Sir," Double decided to speak up, to Shuang, "Sir, Sharp doesn't look so good. Do you think it might be wise to switch him out?" though Double couldn't say he was the most competitive on the team, he couldn't just let someone fight if there was something wrong with them.

captain_borgue
Is a cackling Pony

Postby captain_borgue » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:35 am

Shuang tried not to let worry show on his face... but one of his students, Sharp Wit, was looking rather bedraggled. He'd come to Shuang the day before, begging the be allowed to compete despite not having entirely recovered from the flu, and Shuang- against his better judgment- had relented. After all, this was all in good fun. Only now, Wit was swaying on his feet from fever induced fatigue, and lacked the sense to voluntarily step out.

"Um, Sir? Sir, Sharp doesn't look so good. Do you think it might be wise to switch him out?" another pupil, Double Edge, asked him. Shuang had been lost in thought for a moment, before signalling to the medical staff on site to come over. "You are not incorrect in your assessment," he said to Double Edge, as a wearied and feverish Sharp Wit was led to the medical booth in the corner. "My own fault, really- he asked me to let him compete, even though he had been ill this past week. I had hoped he was recovered, but it appears not. Ah, well, I'm sure he will be up for the next meet," Shuang said, smiling.

"Now then- you have a keen insight, Double. Who would you suggest to replace Sharp? I can think of someone in particular..." Shuang said, trailing off. He was hoping to see Double work up the confidence to volunteer, as confidence was one thing the young swordspony seemed to have trouble with. Forms and maneuvers he learned quickly enough.

Rose couldn't really watch the match, but it sounded very exciting. Tiny had promised he would let her know when Double was competing so she could cheer him on, but thus far it hadn't happened yet. She was a little disheartened, and for a moment thought that maybe Tiny was just not telling her- and then he tapped her on the arm. "He's talking to the coach. Or, I think it's the coach... looks more like a monk. But they are talking about something, and the guy that was in for Luna U just got moved to the medical booth. I don't think he was hurt, he honestly just looked really sluggish. But I think maybe, uh, your friend is about to go in," Tiny said, his ears lowering a little as he spoke. He had been trying very hard the last two weeks to back off of Double, but old habits were hard to break.

Knight Tyrfang
Is a cackling Pony

Postby Knight Tyrfang » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:52 pm

Ryla Honorbound
Bucephalus - Weapons Gym

Sitting just a set up, Ryla was right behind Double as she watched everything all around her. She hadn't exactly bothered to get to know anyone new except Double, and the barrista pony that was sitting right next to her. Leaning lightly on the hilt of her sheathed blade, she was quietly drinking in all the combat, and the different styles being performed. It faintly reminded her of home.

When Double spoke up (a rare occurance), Ryla switched her attention from the meet, to the conversation occurring right in front of her. She then poked the zebra lightly in the back with her scabbard.

"Why don't you sub in Double? Would be good practice." Ryla said, continuing her prodding. "I'd offer, but I'd like to watch some more. Learning a lot over here, and I definitely wanna see more of what you got."

Korkoa
Site Admin / Pyro
Site Admin / Pyro

Postby Korkoa » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:19 pm

Razorclaw, NPC Static Shock
Bucephalus-Weapons Gym

Razorclaw sat at the top of the bleachers. The closest he could get to being in some kind of roost without flying up to the rafters, and he didn't think the old monk would take kindly to that. Normally Razor wouldn't care what the authority said, but this one... Something was different about him. Razor didn't want a fight until he'd figured the monk out. As for now, he was here to observe the swordplay. An art many Griffons bypassed, as their natural talons could substitute in a pinch. Coming from a higher class however, Razor was classically trained in the sword arts. This though, was different. It wasn't what he would call fighting. It was less about strategy and more about... Art, perhaps. A dance, in which subtlety played a large role. Razor let out a low growl as he imagined taking to the ring, striking down any opponent who dared challenge him. This little dance would not hold up under true Griffon swordsmanship.

Static, meanwhile was sat near her brother. she held a wooden sword, Master Shueng had called it a... Boffer? Something like that. It was fun to swing it, though she wasn't very good when it came to actually fighting. Shueng didn't go easy on her when he had time to practice. Not when it came to the swords, or her brain for that matter. Ever since the 'nobody/everybody like you' comment, his comments had only gotten more cryptic, if anything. Every time she thought she had it figured out, he said something else, something confusing. She needed to figure it all out. He knew something about her not even she knew, and besides... It was fun to play with the swords. But for now, she was happy just sitting and watching the fight, and excited to see that her brother might go it! "YEAH! Go Double, you can do it, go on!"

Telemachus Adlig, NPC Spell Catcher
Bucephalus-Kerrigan's office

Spell stood outside Kerrigan's closed door, knocking lightly. It sounded as if she was speaking with a student, but there was no harm in letting her know he was here. Besides, it was almost time for their own meeting, not that the had much to report about the Tri-Stomps...

"Um... I-I think she's meeting with someone." A small voice said from the waiting area. Spell turned, surprised to see the small voice coming from a rather large... Girl of some sort. Not a mare, not with those wings, but she didn't look Griffon either. And she was determined to take up as little room as possible, seeming to be very uncomfortable under his watchful eye. He smiled disarmingly, nodding to the girl. "Of course she is, I'm simply letting her know she has company. Have you announced yourself yet?"

Tellie shook her head quickly, her eyes widening. Despite Spell's initial reaction, she was not 'large' in the traditional sense, only tall. "I-I didn't want to be a bother, I can w-wait."She managed to stammer out. She wasn't even sure why she was here... It was better than going to a party, she'd thought... Maybe she was wrong.

"No no, you appear to have been waiting quite awhile, and your business is likely more important than mine. She knows we're here now, I insist you go first." Tellie squeaked and nodded wordlessly, biting her lip in embarrassment as she waited for the door to open...

captain_borgue
Is a cackling Pony

Postby captain_borgue » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:49 pm

Shuang Gou - Bucephalus Gym

Shuang had hoped to see Double come forward of his own accord, but the vote of confidence from others was a welcome show of support, no doubt. He had been planning on sending Double in anyways, due in no small part to knowing the zebra could outlast his opponent- which would give Shuang time to find out from the medics what Sharp's condition was. Shuang suspected it was no mere flu. "Your peers have great faith in you, Double. But the question is, do you have faith in yourself?"

Dr. Hannibal Kerrigan, her office - Bucephalus

Kerrigan felt the knock before she actually heard it- Spell Catcher tended to have an aroma of mint about him, some byproduct of his particular brand of magic. Kerrigan normally looked forward to an opportunity to speak with him, but she was somewhat reluctant to do so today, given that a rare opportunity had barged into her office. Still, there was not much more that could be done today, at least. Not unless she could find some sort of intuitive emotional detection device that she could have near Chroma pretty much all the time.

"I do not mean to rush you, Mr. Ataxia, but it seems I have other guests today. If you need to contact me, my campus phone line and email address are printed on the inside of that journal. My assistant can schedule another session for you, preferably in a week or so. I'd very much like to examine your journal then to see if there are any patterns that emerge," Kerrigan said, getting to her feet and walking over to her office door, pulling it open about halfway.

Sure enough, Spell was standing not far off- though there was someone else there, too- the tall girl from the cafeteria, Telemachus Plato. It struck her as odd that the two of them would have both been waiting for her at the same time, and knowing Spell was not likely to mind waiting (since he was retired and had plenty of time on his hands), it seemed most prudent to see what Ms. Plato was here for. "Come in, Ms. Plato. My assistant had not informed me you would be coming in today. Not that you are not welcome to do so, of course. What brings you to my office?"

Korkoa
Site Admin / Pyro
Site Admin / Pyro

Postby Korkoa » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:50 am

Telemachus Plato
Bucephalus-Kerrigan's office

Tellie timidly stepped into the office as Com vacated it, slightly surprised to see Nova's friend here. She cleared her throat and gingerly sat down in one of the armchairs, glancing around as if something was going to bite her. "Um... W-well, you had said to come see you if I-I needed anything, and miss Firesong also had, um, su-suggested that I--What I mean is uh, I... Haven't really settled on a major yet... I-I-I don't know what I want to... To do with my life, or study, or... Anything really. I kind of figured... If um, anyone could help me... It might be you" She said, wanting nothing more than to curl up and disappear. She bit her lip as she paused in her rambling, determined to make one last statement. "Also, I uh... Have kinda... Crippling social anxiety and I seriously need some help for that if it wasn't obvious." She said, the last sentence coming out in one big chuck. She winced a bit and tried to smile nervously at the intimidating Dragon lady.

captain_borgue
Is a cackling Pony

Postby captain_borgue » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:37 pm

Kerrigan sat down behind her desk and set the little electric teapot going, before rummaging in a drawer full of select teas and deciding on jasmine. "It is not uncommon to have an undeclared major for the first two years or so. A good idea in general is to get all of the general requirements out of the way, which span enough variety of topics that they usually serve to pique one's interest enough to pursue. There is no hurry, Ms. Plato, nobody is going to chuck you out of Luna U," Kerrigan said, making herself a strong cup of tea. "Tea?"

"As for your social anxiety, there are several courses of treatment available, and which one suits you best is something that must be researched. I am not going to simply throw medications at you until something sticks. I suspect much of your anxiety stems from being physiologically different from both species of your parents. This occurs with some frequency in hybrid offspring, though you are the first hippogriff I have met face to face. There are a few case studies I can let you borrow if you'd like. Of course, I am not going to simply write off your experiences as merely the result of being a hybrid, but there is a certain... prevalence, that can serve as a baseline from which to proceed. It is also necessary to establish if you even have a disorder at all, as opposed to, say, being introverted. For that, I would need to collect more data. One of my preferred methods for this, is for you to keep a journalm" Kerrigan said, fishing a tidy book bound in faux leather from a familiar drawer in her desk that was packed full of them. "My contact information is on the inside cover, should you need to get ahold of me. In your case, I'd suggest simply writing about any interaction you have with other people that you feel has affected you- good or bad. Say a compliment from a professor, or a remark from another student, that sort of thing. Simply write it down, and write how it made you feel and any specific thoughts you may have had. We can review the information in a future session, and based upon that decide how best to proceed with treatment from there. I would suggest that you try not to worry about your major until your social trouble is under control, simply because I do not wish to add any more pressure on you than you are already experiencing."

TwentySided

Postby TwentySided » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:27 pm

Double Edge - Bucephalus - Gym Martial Meet

Turning back to Rose and the others, Double gave a hesitant smile, he had been planning on suggesting himself already but it was nice to see the others supporting him, "Um, I can take his place." Double responded, unsheathing his rapier, wishing he had remembered to grab his dagger from home. Being new to the team he was only a replacement should anything go wrong, after seeing the team the previous day he had assumed that nothing like this would actually happen. For the most part they had all seen strong and healthy, ready for the fight.

"You their replacement?" the judge asked, meeting the zebra at the ring.

"Um, y-yes I am." Double replied, watching the official apply the protection spell on the blade.

"Alright then, you're good."

"T-Thank you." Double answered, stepping into the ring

His opponent, the earth pony from Celestial Tech, grinned, "Sorry your friend ain't feelin great. No worries this won' take much longer." he chided, Double wasn't listening. He was too focused on scanning his opponent. His form was strong, stable and unyielding, before it had seemed like Sharp had attacking a brick wall. However he wasn't all defense, his swings seemed to share the same attribute, knocking away Sharp's own attacks with ease. This was not an opponent to attack head on. He had to out maneuver him.

"and...Fight" came the call of the judge, sending both Double and the earth pony into their stances.

Watching his opponent, Double began taking the first steps to the right, making note of how the earth pony moved with him, matching the movements step by step, not letting Double get any closer. Stepping forward, Double slashed at the earth pony, only to have it knocked away by his opponent followed instantly by two quick ripostes, catching the zebra in the chest and pushing him back to the edge of the ring.

"See what did I tell ya?" the earth pony chided, grinning as the score for Celestial Tech increased to twenty six.

Refusing to respond, Double took up his stance once again, as his opponent did likewise. Once again taking one step forward, Double waited for the attack that refused to come, as the two circled one another. Deciding to act, Double feinted another slash, finally drawing out the attack he had been waiting for. Stepping back the opponents blade only struck air.

Taking his chance, Double moved in, landing a successful stab, before knocking into the stallion, pushing him out of the ring. A shrill whistle sounded, letting Double drop his guard as four points were added to the LU board. They were still down by eight points.

Walking back to his spot, the zebra took up his stance once again, as the whistle blew again. Once again the two circled one another, neither Double or his opponent making the first move.

--------------------------------

Chitin - Bucephalus - Outside Kerrigan's Office

Wings buzzing as he hovered down the hall, Chitin could hardly contain his excitement. For once he could actually wander the world beyond the hive as himself. No longer would he be forced to hide as another, that being said, he still used a few choice transformations to better aid the adjustment of his species being out in the open. One of them being hair, he didn't really understand it but ponies, and just about every other species seemed to be more accepting with the covering, the other, being a disguise for the various holes in forearm and legs. Once again he didn't really understand the need to hide them, in fact he felt more unique with them, but the more people noticed the holes in his body the more they seemed to be disinterested in being around him. However aside from that, all was the same, solid teal eyes, charcoal chitinous skin, everything that made Chitin who he was.

Coming to a stop, the changeling read the words inscribed on the door, Dean Hannibal Kerrigan. He had been instructed earlier, after dropping off what little belongings he had at one of the rooms the university called, dorms, to then come talk to this Dean Hannibal. Apparently she was to be one of the representatives of the University. She would be the one to help him integrate into the campus. More importantly she would hopefully have his schedule for classes. He couldn't lie, he was interested in the study of psychology the most, in a way it was more a study of his food.

Knocking on the door, the changeling waited a moment before opening the door, "Ms.Kerrigan? I was told to come see you?"

Lucy Took
Iceberg of Friendship
Iceberg of Friendship

Postby Lucy Took » Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:10 pm

Chroma slipped out of the office with a quick thank you when the hippogriff girl came in. He hadn't gotten what he needed, but he had a notebook with him ready to start the process of finding some answers. He was looking down at the way it was laid out, a page for each day with divisions by each hour. He opened it to the first page and jotted down "Start Log" on the current hour on the first day before bumping into what appeared to be a greyscale pony right outside of the office.

"Sorry about that." he started with, backing up to give him a bit of space. "She's busy with someone right now, seems to be a busy day in the office." he held out his hand. "I'm Coma Ataxia, but please, call me Chroma." he took a closer look at the pony, there was something...different about him. "Your hair is amazing, grey at first sight, but slight variations in the color base of the grey. Just stunning." he looked a little too much at the hair and it's variations before suddenly realizing how rude that must have been. "Sorry, I'm an artist and I'd never seen hair like yours." he noticed the eyes and everything fell into place. "Ah, a changeling, of course! It's amazing how often the beauty of your race is overlooked."

TwentySided

Postby TwentySided » Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:51 pm

Chitin - Bucephalus - Outside Hannibal's office

Years of hiding began calling for him to transform and hide the moment the pony addressed him, fighting his instincts, the changeling felt a number of parts erratically change, before finally gaining his composure. Looking himself over Chitin felt a rush of embarrassment as random body parts had changed, his left arm looking like the batpony in front of him, his right leg having turned teal. "Sorry Sorry!" the changeling answered, quickly reverting back to normal.

Satisfied that he was back to 'normal' Chitin blinked as the new pony gawked at him, more specifically his hair for some reason. He did not fully understand it. Nor did he feel absolutely comfortable about it. . "Chroma? So colors? I guess that makes sense you are an artist, going by that name." Chitin replied. "I wouldn't really call it beauty, we don't really like to be seen."

captain_borgue
Is a cackling Pony

Postby captain_borgue » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:22 pm

Kerrigan raised an eyebrow at yet another knock at her door. From someone calling her "Ms.", a title she hadn't been called by in a very long time, indeed. "It appears I am oddly popular today," she said, sipping her tea. "If you will pardon me for just a moment, I won't be long," she added, before stepping out of her office and closing the door.

Imagine her surprise, then, to see a changeling standing in the foyer. Clearly, the Hive was attempting to normalize relations with Equestria, much like her own people had done decades before. It was an encouraging sign, though Kerrigan knew better than most what it felt like to be the only one of your kind surrounded by ponies. Her initial impression of him (or her, once could never really be certain with the species) seemed to indicate an effort to please, and a bit of internal struggle against the instinct to simply change form and vanish into a crowd. Interesting.

Then, a spark in her mind ignited into an inferno. Thus far, she'd had two students whose emotional states where needlessly complicating their lives, and for whom the most effective course of treatment was carefully documenting their emotional states. The fact that so many people had come to see her in such a short span of time was irritating- and made her wonder if perhaps her scheduling clerk needed to find some other way to earn internship hours- but this provided too rich an opportunity to pass up.

"You must be the new student I was told about," she said, surreptitiously looking him over. "I am Dr. Hannibal, Dean of the Bucephalus College. Draconic naming convention reverses the order of given and family names, so it is a common mistake to think Kerrigan is my last name," she said, in a clipped tone. Normally, she would be displeased- but again, she was standing in front of an organic emotional analysis engine, honed to precision by untold eons of evolution. The possibilities were quite tantalizing, indeed. "Unfortunately, my schedule has been too encumbered today to give you a proper orientation to the campus. However, Mr. Ataxia here is quite familiar with Luna U, and I am sure he would not mind showing you around, would you, Mr. Ataxia? Though if he has an upcoming class, I do have another student who could show you the campus," Kerrigan added, trying very hard not to smile.

"As you have entered a bit late in the semester, I will still need to meet with you to discuss remediation, so that you are not behind all of your peers in coursework. I should be free in two hours, so feel free to stop by then. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask."

Lucy Took
Iceberg of Friendship
Iceberg of Friendship

Postby Lucy Took » Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:28 pm

Chroma stood for a moment, a bit overwhelmed at everything that was going on around him. He took a deep breath before responding. "Of course, I'd be happy to show you around campus. Good thing you have wings, I forget where some of the ground floor entrances are to some of the buildings, floor access is so handy for the science buildings." He yawned, feeling barely tired, but just enough to jot down Lot of information, little time, slightly tired in the notebook before looking up. "You mind starting with one of the coffee shops?"

TwentySided

Postby TwentySided » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:32 pm

Chitin - Bucephalus - Outside Hannibal's Office

Listening intently to the dragon in front of him Chitin felt a rather deep pit begin to form as he heard that he couldn't meet with her yet due to how busy she was. He certainly understood but he was very much looking forward to getting to know what classes he was going to be attending, and able to actually call himself a student here.

Looking over to the pony from before, Chitin noticed the aura of emotions around this one, tired, a bit of frustration in a full whirlpool of over colors. "I, yes I do not mind if we go to the, coffee shop?"

Return to “Equestria University (RP)”