Equuleus, Ch 2

Enter Luna University near scenic Salt Lick City.
Morningglory
Is a pony

Re: Equuleus, Ch 2

Postby Morningglory » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:26 pm

Ivy rested her chin on her folded arms on the edge of the bed. "Don't strain yourself, Chitin." She chided gently. She breathed slowly, her panic draining out of her and leaving her exhausted. She tilted her eyes up to look at him, giving him a weak smile. "I'm glad you're safe now. I'm sure that someone will do something about this." She smiled softly. She resisted the urge to cuddle him, which surprised even her, and instead stroked his hand, a faint blush appearing on the ends of her ears.

White Mocha
Is a Sane Pony

Postby White Mocha » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:21 pm

Longshot
Equuleus - Main Building

"Sure, whatever that is. So long as it's filling. Lead the way?" Longshot gestured at the door.

Longshot and Storm Chaser to Salt Lick City
We are what we repeatedly do.

Longshot's Theme

captain_borgue
Is a cackling Pony

Postby captain_borgue » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:29 pm

"I appreciate the effort miss Shock," Kerrigan said. "However, I do not wish to teleport miss Serenade again, she does not take well to it. And I cannot leave her outside, in case they come back," Kerrigan said, grabbing the door handle and stepping inside.

The extent of Static's ingenuity was impressive, even if it was not the most pleasant experience. "Now tell me what you found while I photograph the area," Kerrigan said, careful not to touch anything. "All that remains is to see Chitin's condition," Kerrigan said, barely restraining the rage in her voice. "Or rather, all that remains that you two can assist me with. Until the perpetrators can be taken into custody, however, I would advise you both to exercise caution. I do not want any harm to come to anypony else," Kerrigan said, putting away the camera. "I will need statements from you both, as well. Thank you both for bringing this to my attention. Now, if you would kindly take me to see him," Kerrigan said, her tone flat- but her hands were trembling slightly.

Korkoa
Site Admin / Pyro
Site Admin / Pyro

Postby Korkoa » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:01 am

Static raised an eyebrow as Kerrigan just strolled through her booby traps, that was pretty impressive. "Right telling what we found! So we were just having lunch down the hall and all of a sudden Serenade heard something and so she got up and dragged me with her and we ducked into a closet as some Tri-Stomps passed us and they had that green stuff on them and we we found this closed door but heard someone in here and so we opened the door and found Chitin bleeding the green stuff there and so we took him to the nurses office and I came here!" Static said, not stopping for breath through her speech. She walked out of the classroom and down the hall towards the nurses office, leading Kerrigan and Serenade. "I can take care of myself for awhile and Serenade too I mean those traps really should have taken down anyone else but you you're a big scary dragon after all oh and whne do you want us to make a report cuz I'm free pretty much all weekend."

TwentySided
Site Admin / Benevolent One

Postby TwentySided » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:41 am

Chitin - Equuleus - Nurses Office

"I'm just glad that I was able to see you Ivy." Chitin answered squeezing her hand. His eyes still growing in their weight. "I'm, I'm feeling really tired Ivy. I, I think I need to just rest my eyes, just a bit." the changeling looked over to the pegasus mare. "Sorry that this isn't the date we were wanting. Are, are you free later? I, well, I feel like I owe you ice cream."

Morningglory
Is a pony

Postby Morningglory » Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:58 pm

Ivy gave him a feeble smile and nodded slowly. "Sure. You don't owe me anything, but I would love some ice cream later on." She said softly. She brushed a stray hair off her face and behind her ear, tucking it away expertly. "Why don't you close your eyes for a bit and have a nap? You've had a pretty rough day, and it would probably do you good to get some rest."

captain_borgue
Is a cackling Pony

Postby captain_borgue » Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:17 pm

Kerrigan rubbed the encroaching fatigue out of her eyes with one hand, while recording Static's statement with the other. "There will be time for the details later- I am not certain as to when exactly, as something of this scope has never happened before. I will need to consult with the Board to devise an action plan," Kerrigan said, sounding a little deflated.

nothing, however, could have prepared her when she walked into the clinic. She nodded courteously to Dr. Heart and the nurses, before rounding a corner and seeing Evelyn Alistair sitting at Chitin's bedside- and even after being bandaged and treated, he looked absolutely horrible. Kerrigan felt herself slow as she approached, the confidence and surety of purpose that drove everything she did wavering in the face of this unmitigated cruelty. She sat on the opposite side of his bed from Evelyn, and just sat there for a minute or two, her brain trying to find some way to start the conversation and simultaneously hold back a rage pushing up from the base of her spine. she wanted to find whoever had done this and absolutely destroy them.

Eventually, she managed to restrain her desire for vengeance, mostly by imagining how the Hive would treat the perpetrators if they were to be extradited. With sanity once again holding sway, she finally spoke. "I cannot express how deeply sorry I am that this happened to you, Chitin. I was once an outsider here as well, I understand how it feels. But this... this is unforgivable. I assure you we will find the ones responsible for this and hold them to account," she said quietly, almost softly. Almost.

"I will need your help in that regard. Anything you can remember about them- color, clothes, names, any detail you can recall will be most helpful," she said, reaching into a pocket and withdrawing the recorder, activating it, and setting it gently at his bedside. "If you desire to be left alone, I understand. Miss Alistair can return the device to me when you are finished. I will be just outside."

TwentySided

Postby TwentySided » Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:53 am

Hearing the dragon's voice, Chitin opened one eye. Not even trying to get up from his laying position. Chitin gave a tired gaze towards Kerrigan, "One of, one of, them, Butch, 6' 4", roughly 160, bulky build, g-grey coat, and, black mane, blue jacket, blue eyes and a voice," Chitin paused, straining himself as he changed the interior of himself. Finishing change with a gasp, Chitin paused before speaking again, "A voice like this.. His breathing growing more strained the changeling reverted his voice box back to normal before continuing, "The other, Weights, 6' 9" elongated, pegasus, 157 pounds maybe? Brown, light brown coat, dark brown mane, sounded, sounded like, "This." Chitin's change failed halfway. His breath coming in gasps now. "I, I can't change the, the third. I just can't, I'm sorry. No more changes, no more. He, he was 6'7", I don't know his name, unicorn, green, green coat, white mane. I don't know his name, I'm sorry...I'm sorry..."

captain_borgue
Is a cackling Pony

Postby captain_borgue » Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:09 am

"I would have accepted a mere verbal account, but I do appreciate your attention to detail," Kerrigan said, impressed despite herself. "That will be sufficient, I think, to begin with. For now, though, it is more important that you rest. If you will excuse me," Kerrigan said, shutting off the recorder and exiting the room. She nodded at Serenade and Static and motioned for them to follow. "Girls, I appreciate all you have done today, at great personal risk. However, I must ask that, as of this moment, you tell no one about what has transpired today, as much for your safety as for theirs. If word were to get out that the two of you were involved, it would be difficult to ensure your protection. I would also like both of you to take defense courses in combat arts, in case the need should ever arise to use them. I have already informed Mr. Gou, and he has generously offered individual tutoring on sunday afternoons," Kerrigan said, taking a deep breath to steady her normally unflappable nerves.

"Unfortunately, there is still much for me to do. But if either of you require my assistance, here-" Kerrigan said, handing each of them a plain card with her office number and personal cell phone number. "Do not hesitate to call if you require assistance."

Kerrigan sighed heavily as she walked out of Equuleus, before vanishing in a burst of flame.

Kerrigan to Bucephalus
Last edited by captain_borgue on Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

Morningglory
Is a pony

Postby Morningglory » Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:29 am

Ivy watched the dean with interest, not entirely sure how she had heard about what had happened, but both relieved and grateful that she had. She watched Chitin give his account, and as he faltered, she gave his hand a gentle squeeze. "It's OK. Please don't strain yourself." She said softly to him, glancing at Dean Hannibal.

The dean looked composed, but Ivy could feel it, a simmering rage barely kept from boiling over. The edge of her mouth twitched, and she could feel the raw, jagged edge of anger slowly seeping into her as well. She suppressed it, barely, and as the dean stood up, Ivy stood up as well. She troked the back of Chitin's hand softly. "I've got to go attend to some things, but I will be back soon. If you need me, at all, here's my cell number. " She said quietly, writing it down on a piece of paper and placing it in his hand.

She followed the dean out, passing both the dean and the girls quickly. She strode out of the building with purpose, and onto the sidewalk. Alongside her, thin vines grew out of the lawn and tangled together, following her like a pied piper. She knew where she had to go.

Ivy marched up to the apartment building and slipped through the door not bothering to close it behind her. She walked single mindedly to the door to Chroma's apartment and knocked on the door, forcefully. " Lens. Lens! Get up. We need to talk."

TwentySided

Postby TwentySided » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:40 am

As everyone left the nurse's office, Chitin laid his head back, finally closing his eyes. This day had been one of his worst, the only thing that had made it any better had been getting the entire incident cleared with Ivy. But he didn't want her to worry, not about him. He was just one changeling, not anyone to get worried over.

Closing his eyes, he finally let the exhaustion take hold despite the sheer amount of throbbing pain struck every now and again as the more sever injuries had started to swell. He didn't know how long he would be in here or how long it would take to heal from all of this. Or more importantly if he wanted to even try and go back to his dorm. Those Tri-Stomps might find him again and might finish what they started. He didn't want to even give them the chance, but he couldn't change, not in his condition not anymore.

Letting out a labored sigh, he tried to push it out of his mind as he finally fell asleep. He needed this, he had just been so tired and finally it was quite.

Morningglory
Is a pony

Postby Morningglory » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:17 pm

Ivy slipped through the doors of Equuleus quietly, only the sound of her footsteps echoing through the hall to accompany her. As she walked, something moved out of the corner of her eye, and she whirled around to look at it, her heart racing. What met her eye, instead of another pony, was her reflection in a decorative mirror on the wall. The Ivy in the mirror was hardly recognizable to her. The entire front of her nice dress and stockings were covered in dirt, smudged into the fabric where the bag had pressed against her. Topsoil was caked into the creases of her hands, folded in front of her body in a tight knot. Earthen finger streaks smudged across her face, but belying that was a cruel smirk, and a satisfied glitter in her eye. She blinked, and in an instant that face was gone, and she let out a slow sigh. She was filthy, but a bath or shower would have to wait.

She turned away from the mirror and continued down the hall to the infirmary, and she quietly slid through the open door. She nodded to the nurse, who looked her over with disgust, but didn't say anything. It didn't matter to Ivy if she had. She took a seat next to Chitin's bed, seeing that he had fallen asleep, and smiled lazily. She was exhausted. Anger and determination had fatigued her, and she crossed her arms on the edge of the bed, falling asleep with her head on her arms.

TwentySided

Postby TwentySided » Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:38 pm

Chitin - Equuleus - Nurse's Office - Sleeping

Chitin stood stalk still looking to the back of the church. It was filled with family and friends of both the bride and groom, he and a few other changelings had seen the event going on and had taken the places of various ponies. He had been unfortunate enough to have grabbed what the Equestrians called a 'bridesmaid', so now here he was between two mares waiting in front of everyone. It was worth it though, the entire building was absolutely teeming in love. He wouldn't have to feed for months after today.

The room began to fill with excitement and the aura growing more saturated as a mare in a white bridal gown began to walk down the aisle. Tracking her, Chitin couldn't make out the mare's face thanks to the veil covering her. Seeing the mares on both sides jitter and move from excitement, Chitin mimicked them.

As the mare reached Chitin's end of the church, it was then that the changeling noticed the groom, it was a larger stallion, green coat, but instead of a regular head it resembled that of a bee's. Everything in him wanted to run but he couldn't not yet, he couldn't make a scene. Seeing the strange stallion lift the veil Chitin's shock grew more as he clearly saw the mare's face. While her body was slender and fit a coat of pink and tail of pink and white, her head? A flower? He had seen a flower like this, it, it had been in the greenhouse. A Peony?

Not even thinking of the scene he was obviously making chitin looked around to the crowd in front of him. On the bride's side, flowers more and more flowers of all colors and shapes, Hibiscus, rose, daisy, even some that looked like the carnivorous ones from before. The groom's side, insects flies, bees, mantis, what was going on?

"Is everything alright?" a familiar voice spoke up behind, Chitin. Turning around he found himself face to face with a large burly unicorn, with a leather and blue jacket.

"Uhhh...n-NO! No please no!" Chitin's altered voice spoke up, as he sprinted from the marriage, outbursts from both sides of the church beginning to raise as he dropped his disguise, crashing through the doors of the church

*Snort* Chitin opened his eyes. Beginning to move he felt every part of his body ache in resistance. Groaning, he looked around. He was still in the nurses office, but there was something new, a smell that hadn't been here before. It smelled bitter, earthy. Looking to his side, he saw Ivy resting next to him. Her arms and the entire front of her were covered in dirt. Aching, he reached out and tried to wipe away some of the dirt that had gotten onto her cheek. How had this happened? He had fallen asleep, but how long had he been out? She must've gone back to the greenhouse. The aura around her confused the changeling, it was a mix, of the pale green of satisfaction, but the deep red of bitterness at its base. He didn't want to wake the mare beside him. She looked just as tired as himself.

Morningglory
Is a pony

Postby Morningglory » Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:50 am

A gentle touch on her cheek disturbed the sleep that had overtaken Ivy, and she slowly stirred awake. She sat up slowly, her glasses falling off her face and onto the bed, and she lifted a hand to rub the bridge of her nose, smearing more dirt down either side of her nose. She blinked blearily and shook her head. "Mmmm... hmm?" She murmured, patting around in front of her until her hand fell on her glasses. She put them back on her face and, turned her face towards the wounded changeling. "Oh, you're awake. That's good." She said sleepily, stretching her arms up over her head. She shook out her shoulders and gave him a half hearted smile. "Did you rest well? I hope I didn't disturb you." She queried. She could see the confused look on his face, and she knew exactly how she looked. She had no intention of hiding what she had done, and she folded her hands in her lap expectantly.

TwentySided

Postby TwentySided » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:08 am

"Ivy, I'm sorry, I'm sorry I didn't mean to wake you." The changeling answered, putting effort into moving his aching body, getting into a sitting position, or at least as close as he could. "I, uh, well no you didn't wake me. I was, well I had a weird dream. That's all." Chitin answered, looking over Ivy. He had thought that only her arms had been covered in the dirt, but no, getting a better look, it was all of her, even covering most of her clothing, which again, now looking at it, did not look like the type of clothing one would wear when dealing with plants. He couldn't help but ask, "Ivy, Ivy why are you so dirty? Did, did something happen at the greenhouse? Are you alright?"

Morningglory
Is a pony

Postby Morningglory » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:16 am

Ivy didn't even bother to look down at the mess that had been her nice clothes. She let out a slow sigh. This was going to be a doozie to explain. She chewed her lip a little and folded her hands in her lap. "Well, to be honest, I couldn't sit idly by knowing what they had done to you." She started slowly, glancing off to the side, "I don't think I've ever been so angry in my entire life. So, I mixed up a special... gift... for the Tristomps. I sprinkled seventy pounds of topsoil, plant food and poison joke all over their lawn... Poison joke is... It's a plant that causes humiliating side effects..." She said, wringing her hands and trying for all the world not to look at his growing expression of concern. "Poison joke grows very aggressively, and now their entire lawn is covered in it. They don't have many pegasi in their fraternity, and most of the unicorns appear to be incompetent... So they can't teleport. They'll have to walk... through the poison joke..." She said, trailing off as her crimson eyes came back to rest on Chitin's face. "So, that's it... That's why I'm so dirty."

TwentySided

Postby TwentySided » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:28 am

Chitin listened to Ivy as she explained her revenge on the Tri-Stomps, blinking every now and again, his mouth slowly falling open. "I, I don't know what to say...Y-you really didn't have to do that but...do, do they know it was you Ivy? Ivy do they know that you were the one that covered the plants on their lawn?" the changeling asked, concern beginning to grow on his face as he took her hand. Every part of him was hoping to the Queen that Ivy hadn't just painted a target on herself for his sake.

Morningglory
Is a pony

Postby Morningglory » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:36 am

Ivy watched his expression and let out an uneasy sigh. "I..." She paused for a moment, "I don't know. I don't know if they saw me. But someone had to teach them a lesson." She said, her eyes dropping down and away, "And even if they do know, I wouldn't deny it. No doubt Dean Hannibal has figured it out already." She said with a shrug and a sigh. "I sent her a care package. Gloves, the herbal remedy, and calamine lotion. I knew she'd be the one who'd have to deal with it. Best to stay as much on her good side as I can, given the circumstances." She kept her gaze off to the side, trying her best to be nonchalant, but now that the adrenaline and anger had subsided, the weight of the consequences surfaced at the edges of her mind, and she found her hands trembling. She clasped them together tightly to keep them still, "Any which way, I won't deny it. I'm not proud I did it, but I'm not ashamed either. Something had to be done. I had the materials at my disposal, so why waste the opportunity to get reven... teach them a valuable lesson."

TwentySided

Postby TwentySided » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:50 am

"Ivy, Ivy, I'm not saying I don't think they deserve it. Nor am I saying that I wouldn't want to get revenge on them. It's, well, I just don't want them to hurt you Ivy." Chitin cringed at the thought of them going after Ivy. "They attacked me just because I am different. But, but now you gave them a reason Ivy. I...I don't want you to be hurt. I don't want you to be in danger of such a thing happening. Do, do you think you'll get into much trouble for doing this?" The changeling finally asked, the question hanging on his lips for a moment. "I, I can't think that the deans will allow this, even if you sent them medicine and warned them." His concern was starting to build. Ivy was the only mare, the only pony that he considered a friend, he didn't want to see anything happen to her. What if this caused her to be expelled or suspended. He didn't want to be here if that happened. He didn't want to lose his only friend.

Morningglory
Is a pony

Postby Morningglory » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:01 am

Ivy shook her head slowly; there was only so much the Tristomps could do to her, and it wasn't them she feared. Dean Hannibal would be furious, and that tugged at the edge of her mind. "Chitin, I fully intend to face the consequences, whatever they may be." She said, her voice unwavering even as her composure faltered. She didn't want to be suspended or expelled, but there was no way she was going to back down. "I'm not afraid of the Tristomps, if this is the worst they can do. I've been on their list for a while now. This probably just moved me up a few spots. They might even want to get even with me more than they want to get even with Lens at this point." She said with an uneasy sigh, "And Dean Hannibal... she's unlikely to expel me, maybe suspension. And even so, there's protocol that she has to follow." She reasoned, trying her best to be reassuring, not just for Chitin either. "I will be fine. There's only so much they can do to me before they hit the ceiling and can go no farther. Trust me, I know." She said, the last part slipping out before she could stop it. She looked away quickly and pulled out her phone, checking for anything, anything at all. Lens was probably looking for her at this point, as would be Dean Hannibal. But she saw no calls or messages and slipped the phone back into her pocket.

Return to “Equestria University (RP)”