Salt Lick City, Ch 2

Enter Luna University near scenic Salt Lick City.
Morningglory
Is a pony

Re: Salt Lick City, Ch 2

Postby Morningglory » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:00 am

Lens snuggled up to him and let out a sigh, "She's not the gossipy type. Of course, no one believes it now, that we just cuddle that is. Whatever, let them talk." She said sweetly, "And I can't wait to see them figure it out. To see little Ivy just come alive. This poison joke thing is just the beginning, you know. She's going to let out all those emotions she's been hiding for so long, and we get front row seats." She said excitedly.

Lucy Took
Iceberg of Friendship
Iceberg of Friendship

Postby Lucy Took » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:06 am

Chroma shrugged before spreading some dip on his flatbread. "I'm happy with the way things are and where things are going, let people think what they want to think." He handed a slice of the bread to Lens. "And I'll try to give Chitin and Ivy as much privacy as they want. I'll still be watching for things they let us see, but Ivy's been good about letting us have our alone time."
~If this should end in fire, then we should all burn together~

Morningglory
Is a pony

Postby Morningglory » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:13 am

Lens nodded, "She's a good one. Though I think a good part of that is because she's used to being alone." She said, half joking. She took a bite of the flat bread, "She spends a lot of time by herself, and never complains. I can't help but feel that she's lonely." She said offhandedly, "It makes me sad to picture her lonely."

Lucy Took
Iceberg of Friendship
Iceberg of Friendship

Postby Lucy Took » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:17 am

"You know Ivy better than I do, but I don't think she's lonely, not always" Chroma said, wrapping an arm around Lens. "I think Ivy is just a pony that likes to be alone. I know I like to be alone sometimes, or at least only with the ponies the very closest to me. And even as much as I love being with you I still like having time alone with a telescope and a sketch pad. I think it's good for Ivy to have a friend or more in Chitin, but I don't think you have to pity her solitude."

Morningglory
Is a pony

Postby Morningglory » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:23 am

She smiled softly. "Yeah, you're right. It would be silly to pity her. Besides, she loves her plants, so she's never really alone." She said gently. "But I would be lying if I said I wasn't excited for her." She said, dropping her debit card in with the bill. [Color=4040ff]"I'll pay this time."[/color]

Lucy Took
Iceberg of Friendship
Iceberg of Friendship

Postby Lucy Took » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:07 pm

Chroma nodded "I think Ivy sees her plants as her children, so as long as there's a patch of grass to keep her attention she'll never be terribly lonely." He was about to reach for his wallet to counter, but the waitress had already picked up the tab with the card. "Fine. But I'm paying next time."

Morningglory
Is a pony

Postby Morningglory » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:43 pm

Lens kissed Chroma's cheek as the waitress brought back her card and she signed the receipt. "Alright. But you'll have to be quicker on the draw." She teased. "So, I think I'm going to stay in my room tonight. Ivy had a rough day, we all did. I think she's going to need me there for her." She said gently, picking up the pitas and hummus that she had ordered for her roommate.

Lucy Took
Iceberg of Friendship
Iceberg of Friendship

Postby Lucy Took » Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:51 am

"I'll try" he said, sneaking in a kiss before getting up. "I think you're right. I think I'll go to my dorm and move some stuff out, I'll walk you home and take some of Ivy's things to the apartment while I'm at it."

Chroma to dorms

Lucy Took
Iceberg of Friendship
Iceberg of Friendship

Postby Lucy Took » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:54 pm

LATE NEXT MORNING

Firesong-Home

The dean of mares was curled in a ball half next to her husband, half on top of him, drifting between sleep and nausea. She was taking advantage of not having to get up for class. Finally sleep wasn't coming as easily and she got up and slipped into lazy day clothing of sweatpants and a hoodie and then poured a glass of soda water and started sipping it as she hoovered over to her porch and sat down watching Ivy finish up their landscaping.

"You did well."
she said, quieter than she normally spoke, but still loud enough to hear. "I think you've made up plenty for now."

TwentySided
Site Admin / Benevolent One

Postby TwentySided » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:24 am

Doctor Gem Shard - Salt Lick City - Shard House

Laying in his and Fire's bed, he felt content with her next to him. Feeling the bed shift, he heard his wife exit the room. It didn't seem to be in a rush so more than likely it wasn't because of morning sickness thankfully. His concern for both Fire's and their child's safety was still always on his mind. He had asked her to once again wear the warding ring he had created when Fire had become pregnant with Prism. It was nothing truly special, a simple shield spell and levitation spell, each to be triggered if conditions were met. However he was more than happy to never see either actually needed.

Realizing that Fire had not come back, Gem opened his eyes. By the clock's reading it was nearly noon, but even still it was Sunday and neither of them was needed. Ivy's punishment had already started a few hours back and he had found the poison the campus security had needed him to identify. It had been a Enfeebling poison. Never truly harmful except in large quantities. However from his tests he had deduced that it had been between a teaspoon and a tablespoon's worth of the concoction. Enough to knock a stallion onto their back for easily a day or two. He had handed it back off to the campus after telling them everything he had discovered. They had a few remaining questions, 'what would be needed to make such a thing' 'how easy would it be to get the ingredients' and 'are there anyponies you can think of that would do this, or has the knowledge to' and he had answered to best of his ability. It wasn't a difficult potion nor were the ingredients hard to come by. Someone would just have to get them from a local botanist and trap a few insects. They hadn't liked that answer.

Getting up onto his hooves, Gem exited the bedroom he guessed that he would have to get up at one point or another. Walking out onto the porch he wrapped his arms around Fire, holding her from behind. "Hey, how are you feeling today? You didn't need to get up last night as far as I can remember." he asked, kissing her on the cheek.

Lucy Took
Iceberg of Friendship
Iceberg of Friendship

Postby Lucy Took » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:33 am

Firesong smiled at the touch and nuzzled back. "I feel better today, but it always helps when I get to get out of bed on my body's terms and not the school's. Still a little nauseous, but not enough to keep me from brunch later." she said, trying not to speak so Ivy could hear. "Are you needed on campus for the poison investigation later? Or do we just get to have a nice peaceful day for once with our yard work done?" She added, the last sentence loud enough that Ivy could hear before going back to a quieter tone. "Prism texted last night about considering joining that new fraternity. I'm not sure how I feel about it. On one hand I'd feel better about her being further away from the Stomp's house and I know Kerrigan will keep a better eye on her and Silver than the dorm supervisors will. But on the other it's hard to imagine her and Silver being old enough to be in an apartment. Are we really old enough to have a daughter moving out? And young enough to have a baby at the same time? It's such a strange time of life we're in."

TwentySided

Postby TwentySided » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:02 am

"It certainly is a strange occurrence, but we really shouldn't question such a blessing. You and I haven't started breaking hips just getting out of bed. Sure we aren't in our twenties anymore but we're still in our prime. I think we both know that." Gem answered, lowering his voice to a whisper at the end. "As for the poison incident, the officers got what they needed from me, what it was, how much, and information on its making. They said they had some leads that they could take. Sadly I expect they are using mine and Mustang's attendance sheet for that." the doctor continued, it felt weird knowing that something he typically used for class would be needed for an investigation into something like this. But he had promised that he help in any way he could. "It feels so odd, knowing that the theories you teach and lecture about are being used to harm someone else. Almost like someone is taking something you love and throwing dirt on it. I don't know if I should really go into more detail about most of my theories, maybe cut down on the lab homework, at least until the investigation ends. Ugh, I just hope that this entire thing doesn't grab the media."

Lucy Took
Iceberg of Friendship
Iceberg of Friendship

Postby Lucy Took » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:33 pm

"Cut down on your student's instruction over one rouge student? If this student wanted to poison, he or she would just look it up online. You didn't teach students how to make that specific poison in your class, did you? Doesn't seem to be your type of class. Besides, what you teach is important, your students are going to use it to make medicines and other things to make lives better. And thanks to the internet it's not fair to single out yours and Mustang's students. Just because they're smarter doesn't mean they're going to be eviler." Fire frowned. "It might be a little different if the media catches wind though. I don't want you to be in the middle of another scandal, we have enough going on without your teaching practices being questioned. Then maybe you should postpone some labs."

TwentySided

Postby TwentySided » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:01 am

The media was the last he wanted to deal with again. The last time was trouble enough but again and wither Fire in her state? No he wouldn't let them get near her. Maybe he would need to actually apply those teleporting spells on the house just in case. They can't harass what they can't find after all. Still the idea that he could have had a hand in all of this mad his stomach turn. "Mustang and I are going to need to talk about what we're going to do about all of this. I may also talk to Frizzle. See what she thinks we should do. But lets not deal with that now. It's Sunday morning lets have some nice and quite breakfast and try and relax. Both of our yesterdays were surprisingly stressful after all. Poisoning and then assaults on campus? I'd be shocked if the media didn't descend on our poor school any day now." Letting go of his wife, the doctor moved to the kitchen. He'd make something for her. Eggs, pancakes, grapefruit. Something nice and simple for a calm relaxing day.

Lucy Took
Iceberg of Friendship
Iceberg of Friendship

Postby Lucy Took » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:13 am

Firesong followed her husband into the kitchen and put on a kettle for some tea and pulled up a chair to the counter to sit in while drinking another glass of soda water. "I have a feeling a lot of the media's being held back for the moment. With Longshot's arrival I wouldn't be surprised if the Princesses gave an order for them to leave us alone while things can be sorted out. We don't want mass panic over the mirror and if we're lucky wanting to avoid mirror panic could help keep reporters off our sent just enough for that poison investigation to blow over, even if I doubt it. Honestly, I wouldn't mind what happened to Chitin making the news, those Tri Stomps need to have more heat placed on them to happen up and the Greek Council needs to have more incentive to restrict that frat, if not kick them off the council period."

The mare fluttered over to the cabinet and pulled out the fresher Earl Grey that was the usual breakfast supplement to coffee in the Shard household and put a bag in Gem's favorite mug and rooted around and found a long unused box of ginger tea in the back and put a bag into her own cup. "It's old, but it won't hurt, even if it doesn't taste as strong. Thank you for starting breakfast, dear."

TwentySided

Postby TwentySided » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:49 pm

Dicing up a collection of potatoes, the doctor began cooking up a healthy batch of hashbrowns while a levitating spatula tended to eggs and haybacon. "I don't know if many know of the mirror's existence, I'm assuming the princesses and those they trusted to do research on the artifact but not many more, I'd guess. Best to avoid the questions about alternate universes until we know whats on the other side." the doctor answered as he sent a pair of glasses over to the table, a pitcher of orange juice and apple juice quickly following behind as they filled their respective glass.

"As for the young changeling, I kind of hope nothing happens to him media wise. I don't know much about his kind, but to be swamped by photographers and reporters asking questions while he's recovering, maybe not the best option in the world. Especially someone that is trying to live a normal live in Equestria." Filling two nearby plates with Fire's and his breakfast, the doctor continued, as the two meals followed the same flight path. "Don't get me wrong that fraternity has been nothing but trouble and has only gotten by because of the influential weight it holds, which is definitely sad. After all we know most of those parents by now, they aren't bad parents, just at least not when we've been around. Sad to see apples fall so far from so many trees. Sometimes though I wonder if its just good kids falling into questionable crowds though."

Lucy Took
Iceberg of Friendship
Iceberg of Friendship

Postby Lucy Took » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:26 am

Fire nodded as she slid into a chair at the table. "I suppose the media getting involved would be terrible for Chitin, you're right. There'll be another time for outrage over the Stomps. And I agree that not all of the Tri-Stomps are fundamentally bad kids, but there's a lot of rotten apples in that barrel and it disturbs me that the school is OK with keeping a barrel that breeds bad apples. Field Goal either needs to keep a leash on his boys or the group needs to be disbanded. I would never let my Kappas get out of hand like this and I know that Kerrigan's never going to let her new group behave in the ways that Goal allows!" she said before taking a bite of eggs.

"Breakfast is lovely dear. Thanks for making it."

TwentySided

Postby TwentySided » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:20 am

"You're very welcome, Fire, really its just nice to actually have time for this again, what with the last couple crazy days and all." Gem replied, taking his seat across from his wife, taking the first few bites of the eggs and hash browns, "I wonder though if its entirely the kids fault. Don't get me wrong yes they are still jerks and bullies, at least the ones that we're talking about, but from rumors that I've heard, Field Goal likes to talk. I mean I have heard of rather few cases of students losing their scholarships, even grade wise I would like to see how some of them are keeping that GPA requirement, because I can assure you that the more jockish are usually the ones taking a swim in my classes."

Lucy Took
Iceberg of Friendship
Iceberg of Friendship

Postby Lucy Took » Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:56 am

"They aren't getting their GPA requirements from me. I only give easy As to students that bother to show up and pretend to be interested. I really should look into if some of the comms professors are grade padding since a lot of the most jockish seem to be comm majors, or I'll ask Mustang to do it since it's more his issue with them being colts and all." Fire said before taking a bite and thinking.

"Oh, and speaking of him I almost forgot in all of the commotion that we were having him and Angel over with Kerigan and Deco. Thank goodness for those culinary arts students, at least I don't have to cook. I probably should straiten the place up though before the students show up with the food and drinks." she said looking around at the germ free but somewhat askew living room around her.

"Curses. I spent all that time working with the students over matching cheese to drinks and I can only touch the cheese."
She laughed slightly "All the more to use to get Keri talking"

TwentySided

Postby TwentySided » Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:04 am

Gem's fork hung as he heard his wife talk about company coming over this evening. Yet another reason to be glad those cleaners had been here. "I can understand Angel and Mustang coming over. I for one need a bit of time to talk to him about all of these matters as it is, but Kerrigan and Art? Don't get me wrong usually you are much better with the planning of parties and events than I, darling, but I hope you haven't made a mistake on this one. One of them at a time seems fine, but two? Art really shouldn't be the issue, well, more its his love to poke the bear...a lot, is the issue I see. the doctor concluded, remembering to take his bite.

"Also is it wrong to use students to cater for one of our events?" the unicorn asked, he honestly had no real idea. The thought had never really occurred to him, but if she was giving them a grade then he couldn't find anything wrong with it. Maybe extra credit of some kind.

Return to “Equestria University (RP)”