Salt Lick City, Ch 2

Enter Luna University near scenic Salt Lick City.
Lucy Took
Iceberg of Friendship
Iceberg of Friendship

Re: Salt Lick City, Ch 2

Postby Lucy Took » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:17 pm

Prism wandered into the pet store. Philosopher was picky about his food and aside from having helpful staff the shop was one of the few in town that carried food with real salmon that didn't have any spices the cat objected to. "Wow, I'm surprised you recognized me, it's been a few months since I came in for Philosopher's food. But I guess Dad does make enough of an impression to remember little things like me. Not that I consider myself little, I just consider buying cat food an insignificant event. Well, Philosopher doesn't, and I guess today is a bit of a big event for Van Goph. Will we need to start her on kitten food, or just good old plain cat food? And do you have any of those dehydrated fish treats? I probably should get some for when I go visit Mom, Dad and the kitty for dinner tomorrow. And maybe a carrier would be a good idea to have for vet check ups?"
~If this should end in fire, then we should all burn together~

Korkoa
Site Admin / Pyro
Site Admin / Pyro

Postby Korkoa » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:03 pm

"We try really hard to remember our customers, the fact that you go to the same school as us and Mars has class with your dad makes it easy." The stallion said with a smile, directing them back to the cat food. "The carrier probably wouldn't be a bad idea, but you might not need it at right this moment. If she's as young as she looks, you'll probably want kitten food at least for the next few months, or until she's about a year old." The stallion and mare, Mars, kept up like this, tag-teaming across the different foods until Tellie's head was spinning. Finally she settled on a food that seemed good, and gathered up the rest of the things that were recommended by the pair. Piling everything on the checkout counter, Tellie looked around, unsure of where to go from here. "Um... I-I think that that's everything we need... Did you two want to do anything else, o-or did I forget something...?"

Liberty_Walk
Is a not so serious Pony

Postby Liberty_Walk » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:53 pm

Storm Chaser
Salt Lick City - Sunbelt Diner

White Mocha wrote:Longshot nods. He can see Storm's put off though and looks to change the topic, a bit at least. "When I had to... Though I wouldn't call most of them ponies. They were hardly the most dangerous things I've faced though. Remind me to tell you about the time I killed an insane AI by relentlessly asking it questions.

Storm laughs aloud, "You've gotta be kidding me, really? How long did that take?" As the food arrives, Storm snags Longshot's bacon, as the pony doesn't eat meat. Drowning the food in syrup and the eggs in ketchup, he begins to dig in, handing the syrup over to Longshot.
When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.
-Albert Einstein
Liberty's theme

White Mocha
Is a Sane Pony

Postby White Mocha » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:38 pm

Longshot
Salt Lick City -Sunbelt Diner

"Just a couple of mintues. It was called P.I.E. and it ran this pre-war 're-education center' which, from what we could tell, was basically set up to brainwash captured changelings to help the Equestrians. Then it had about two hundred years of nothing to do." Longshot spoke while waiting for his turn with the syrup, mostly because he felt he should copy whatever the griffin did. The 'toast' seemed rather simple, but the syrup smelled sickeninly sweet... He poured out just a bit, but waited to take his first bite to keep telling his story.

"So the thing tricked us into giving it access to the facility's defenses, including direct control over the security bots and turrets. It had us dead to rights but, in it's own words, 'While I'd have fun killing you, then I'd be board again.' Basically it wanted us to put it in one of the combat bots so it could leave. I was against it, the last thing the wasteland needs is a charming, homicidal robot, but I was the only one." At this point Longshot takes a bite of the french toast and freezes. Eyes wide he picks up the syrup bottle again and urgently smothers the pancakes in them.
We are what we repeatedly do.

Longshot's Theme

Liberty_Walk
Is a not so serious Pony

Postby Liberty_Walk » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:43 pm

Storm Chaser

Storm listens to Longshot's story, nodding along and taking it at face value. "I think it could be safely said that a charming, homicidal robot is a pretty bad idea no matter where you are." As Longshot takes his first bite of the french toast, Storm takes a nibble on his bacon, grinning widely. "What'd I tell you? Magical, right?"

Conversation is rather curtailed as the two get down to the serious business of demolishing their breakfast, only exchanging the smallest of happy small talk. Once the plates are cleaned, Storm leans back. "So, that robot... what'd you do to it in the end?"
When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.
-Albert Einstein
Liberty's theme

White Mocha
Is a Sane Pony

Postby White Mocha » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:00 pm

Longshot
Salt Lick - Sunbelt Diner

"Whaa?" Longshot asks, coming up for air with a face full of syrup. "Oh right. P.I.E. Sorry, whoever French is, they need a hall dedicated to their toast."

He pauses to take a drink. "Basically, since I was outvoted, we agreed so long as it answered our questions. It asked to be transfered first. Well... honestly, I was waiting for the others to get their questions answered then I was going to turn in to scrap. I couldn't help asking some questions myself, though. Some of it's answers were... wild. Didn't matter though. As it turns out, such a robot wasn't desgined to house such an advanced A.I. Asking that many questions in such a short time made it's processors burn out, effectively killing it. One of my more unique kills." He chuckles.
Last edited by White Mocha on Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Longshot's Theme

Liberty_Walk
Is a not so serious Pony

Postby Liberty_Walk » Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:42 pm

Storm Chaser

"Oh, that makes sense And, yes. Whoever he is, he does need a hall dedicated to his toast. Very much." The gryphon's face is slightly indecipherable. Is he just messing with Longshot, or does he actually agree? "So, What've you got planned for today? I've gotta get to the dance hall around four, but I could show you around until then."
-Albert Einstein
Liberty's theme

White Mocha
Is a Sane Pony

Postby White Mocha » Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:57 pm

Longshot
Salt Lick - Sunbelt Diner

Longshot shruged. "No plan. This dragon was supposed to show me around but she got a call. Then I found our changeling friend and... well, you're caught up. Don't you have to pay, though?"

Longshot's Theme

Liberty_Walk
Is a not so serious Pony

Postby Liberty_Walk » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:22 pm

"Well, yeah. But there's nothing wrong with planning ahead, right?" Moments later, the waitress returns and Storm hands her his credit card.
"I know you're new here, but it's still really cool to see someone else who doesn't immediately jump to being cruel to a changeling."
-Albert Einstein
Liberty's theme

White Mocha
Is a Sane Pony

Postby White Mocha » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:44 pm

Longshot

Longshot leads the way out once they're paid. "I'd already made that mistake when I'd discovered I was dating one."

Longshot's Theme

Liberty_Walk
Is a not so serious Pony

Postby Liberty_Walk » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:48 pm

"Ooh, nice. What was she like?"

Storm leads Longshot off on the first leg of their campus tour.

Storm Chaser and Longshot to Baroque
-Albert Einstein
Liberty's theme

Lucy Took
Iceberg of Friendship
Iceberg of Friendship

Postby Lucy Took » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:45 pm

Chroma-With Lens-Arabian Restaurant

Chroma followed and sat down cross-legged on one of the cushions before ordering the same as Ivy, but with less spice and more yoghurt as well as a pot of the super strong coffee that the restaurant sold, one of the reasons that he liked the place so much.

"How are we supposed to help her know? Or do we let her know. I think letting her find out by herself would be more natural. And probably more fun for you. And for me for that matter since we'll be living next door to each other soon."

Morningglory
Is a pony

Postby Morningglory » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:51 pm

Lens grinned at him, sipping her own cup of chai. "We won't interfere with her development. It wouldn't be our place. But, him? I think someone's gotta tell him. For someone who feeds on emotion, he's pretty clueless about his own." She nuzzled Chroma's shoulder gently, "So, what do you say, baby? Will you talk to him? For me, and for Ivy?" She asked sweetly.

Lucy Took
Iceberg of Friendship
Iceberg of Friendship

Postby Lucy Took » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:54 pm

Chroma took a moment to let his head clear from the nuzzle. "I'll try and drop some hints for him. Like you said, he feeds off emotion, surely he'll figure out how she feels. And I really can't tell somepony what his own feelings are. He's confused about his surroundings enough without someone shoving him twards a mare. Better to just give little nudges."

Morningglory
Is a pony

Postby Morningglory » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:05 pm

She fake pouted for a minute, then gave him a smile, "Okay, I guess. I just know they're gonna be so happy when they figure it out. They're going to be so cute together." She said giddily. She laid her hand gently on his arm and grinned sweetly. "And for the record, I fell for you just as quickly. In fact..." she murmured, taking a bite of her dinner, "I'm sure I'm still falling."

Lucy Took
Iceberg of Friendship
Iceberg of Friendship

Postby Lucy Took » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:20 pm

"Well it's good we both have wings so we won't crash" Chroma said, smiling before giving her a kiss and starting on his coffee. "Because I'm falling as well. Flying really, soaring." he said, knowing it was a bit cheesy, but he didn't care.

Morningglory
Is a pony

Postby Morningglory » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:37 pm

Lens grinned. The line was so cheesy, but cheesy was what she had come to expect, and love. "You're such a cheese ball. But I love it. You know I do." She giggled. She took the last bite of her dinner. She ordered a dinner for Ivy, and turned back to her boyfriend. "So, is Chitin going to be your new roomie then? It would be easier to keep tabs on him that way."

Lucy Took
Iceberg of Friendship
Iceberg of Friendship

Postby Lucy Took » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:40 pm

"I'm not totally sure" Chroma said. "I'm hoping so, even if we don't share a room we'll probably share an apartment. And if we're really lucky the four of us can cram into that big corner apartment. Offically it would be Chitin and myself across from you and Ivy, but unoffically I'm sure rooming will play out a lot differently.

Morningglory
Is a pony

Postby Morningglory » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:49 pm

Lens grinned, "Hey now, are you implying we'd be living together?" She asked coyly. She grabbed his hand and squeezed it gently, "And leave sweet little Ivy living with Chitin? They'd have no idea what to do with themselves. Though it would be nice not to have to go back and forth whenever I want to stay the night with you. Cuddling every night would be nice. Don't you think? "

Lucy Took
Iceberg of Friendship
Iceberg of Friendship

Postby Lucy Took » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:52 pm

"Of course I think cuddling every night would be nice" Chroma said, a little too quickly. "Though we do it a lot as it is, I'm sure people would talk if the only one to really notice is Ivy, and she really doesn't seem the gossipy type. And we'll get a futon or something if they can't figure it out right away"

Return to “Equestria University (RP)”