Salt Lick City, Ch 2

Enter Luna University near scenic Salt Lick City.
captain_borgue
Is a cackling Pony

Re: Salt Lick City, Ch 2

Postby captain_borgue » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:04 pm

"Oh, this'll be so much fun! Puppies and kitties and maybe ferrets, little cute cuddly fuzzy things! It'll be awesome!" Nova said, practically bouncing. "So, if you get a kitty, all you will really need is a litter box, a scratchy post, and some dangly toys. Oh, and a collar with a little bell on it! And a brushie!" Nova said, excitedly.

"I never had a kitty- Onyx didn't like them. Or rather, cats hated him, and he was afraid of them because of it. And we never got a puppy because Mom thought it would have been too weird, since Onyx was almost exactly like a puppy when he was a baby. And ferrets get into everything, and Mom didn't want to risk them getting into her lab. So this'll be a new experience for both of us! Oh, you think they have those neat chimera cats, with like the split face and stuff? That would be so awesome!"

Liberty_Walk
Is a not so serious Pony

Postby Liberty_Walk » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:45 pm

Longshot & Storm Chaser from Equuleus

White Mocha wrote:[b]Longshot
"Sure, whatever that is. So long as it's filling. Lead the way?" Longshot gestured at the door.

Storm Chaser and Longshot walk down the street, headed to the Sunbelt Diner, in downtown Salt Lick. "So, yeah, From somepon-er, someone who's been where Chitin was, thanks for stopping to help a victim. Even if it was with his spirits, and not his injuries at first... Every little bit counts, I can assure you." A grin spreads across Storm's beak, "Though, I warn you, I may be calling you muffin-boy at random intervals from here on out."
When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.
-Albert Einstein
Liberty's theme

White Mocha
Is a Sane Pony

Postby White Mocha » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:50 pm

Longshot rolled his eyes, but rolled with the jab. "I'm a muffin man, I assure you. Honestly though, if I'd noticed he was that bad I would've tended to him sooner. Even I know to listen to the doctor treating you, no matter how much you hate her, I've never neard of anyone running out on medical treatment. When I saw the bandages I just assumed he was alright."
We are what we repeatedly do.

Longshot's Theme

Liberty_Walk
Is a not so serious Pony

Postby Liberty_Walk » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:58 pm

"Yeah, fair enough. Determined, that one... Hope it all works out for him and his marefriend." Storm sighs, "So, for the record, uh, even though we've established I'm not inviting you on a date or anything here, I feel I should say that I am, actually, gay. Hope that's not a problem."
When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.
-Albert Einstein
Liberty's theme

White Mocha
Is a Sane Pony

Postby White Mocha » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:01 pm

Longshot gave him a look puzzled look, "Of course not, why-" he stopped walking as a stark realization hit him. "Is that usually a problem here?

Longshot's Theme

Liberty_Walk
Is a not so serious Pony

Postby Liberty_Walk » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:07 pm

"It can be, depending on who you ask. Most folk are either tolerant, or just ignore it. Others just hate me for it. But there's not too many who'll let it show and act on it." A moment of silence passes between the two before Storm speaks up again. "It's just one of the things I used to get picked on about though."
-Albert Einstein
Liberty's theme

White Mocha
Is a Sane Pony

Postby White Mocha » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:19 pm

Picked on? Did they think they could pull the gay out of him or something? He started walking again. "Well that's... odd. I've heard worse stories about growing up with griffins though." Longshot chuckled, though it wasn't a happy one.

Longshot's Theme

Liberty_Walk
Is a not so serious Pony

Postby Liberty_Walk » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:26 pm

"Well, you've hit the nail on the head with that one, actually... I was adopted by ponies. Before I was born actually. That's why I have a pony name, and an Equestrian accent." He shrugs, "Never actually got picked on by other Gryphons."
-Albert Einstein
Liberty's theme

Korkoa
Site Admin / Pyro
Site Admin / Pyro

Postby Korkoa » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:18 am

Tellie paused again at Nova's outburst of energy. Ferrets, she hadn't thought about those. But, they did sound like more of a handful than she was ready for... "I-I'll look at all the other things, but I think I'm going to get a cat... If I can find the right one." She stopped for a moment, trying to figure out how much this all would be. Not that she really needed to worry about the finances, her mother was a guard in Canterlot and that paid nicely, and her dad... Well, she got an allowance from him that was more than generous. But still, she liked to try and keep track of things. "Do you think it'll just be that easy? Going in there and finding one just like that? I mean, I don't want to find a kitty that just I like, I want the kitty to like me too, you know?"

Lucy Took
Iceberg of Friendship
Iceberg of Friendship

Postby Lucy Took » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:34 am

Prism- Outside the Shelter

Prism stepped out of the bus and looked back at Tellie. "Well, I don't know if you'll find the perfect one on your first try, but there's a really good chance that you will. I've never gotten a cat before, Mom and Dad got Philosopher before I was born, but I think the trick is to ignore what they look like and just wait for one to come to you." She gave it some thought as she pushed through the door and waved to the clerk before leading Tellie and Nova back to the cat room. "Since you're kinda shy, you might want an outgoing cat to balance you. Ready to go in? Don't feel nervous, just play with them!" She walked through the double door to a clean room that had several cats and kittens in it, some playing, some napping, others eating.

A worker is in the room cleaning and gives the trio a helpful nod. "Hello! My name is Bunny Wishes and if you have any questions at all, don't hesitate to ask." She sat down her cleaning cloth and moved over to a side of the room that had a large crate. "And we had a bunch of kittens come in earlier this week, they just got added to the adoption floor. We'd love it if you took one home, but even if you don't they'd love to have some more people play with them" the earth pony said, handing the girls a couple of feather on stick toys.
~If this should end in fire, then we should all burn together~

White Mocha
Is a Sane Pony

Postby White Mocha » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:29 pm

Longshot
Salt Lick City - Downtown

"I..." Longshot let out in sigh "Let's drop this. This is sounding less and less like the Equestria I thought it was. We about there?

Longshot's Theme

Liberty_Walk
Is a not so serious Pony

Postby Liberty_Walk » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:07 pm

"Yeah, it's right around the corner here." Storm opens the door for Mocha, "You a french toast kinda guy? Or are you a heathen pancake lover?" he asks with mock seriousness.
-Albert Einstein
Liberty's theme

captain_borgue
Is a cackling Pony

Postby captain_borgue » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:50 pm

Nova squealed in delight as she ran into the room full of kittens. She swatted a feathery toy at them and cuddled them and giggled like a toddler the entire time at their various tiny kitten antics. Her favorite was a little tortoiseshell kitty, who had figured out how to attack the feather from atop a scratchy post. "Oh, you are just precious!" Nova said, burying her face in its fur, before getting distracted by a siamese gamboling by.

"Tellie, this is such an awesome idea!" Nova said, laying on the floor and leting the kittens climb all over her.

White Mocha
Is a Sane Pony

Postby White Mocha » Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:31 pm

"Beats me. Like I said, I've never heard of french toast." Longshot looked around the resturant. It was all so... perfect. He couldn't help smiling just seeing the businesd running.

Longshot's Theme

Liberty_Walk
Is a not so serious Pony

Postby Liberty_Walk » Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:18 pm

"Well, you're in for a treat." As the waitress appears, Storm orders two plates of the delicious egg-soaked bread, home fries and bacon, along with a coffee and an orange juice for himself, before turning to Longshot, "And for your drink, my good sir?"
-Albert Einstein
Liberty's theme

White Mocha
Is a Sane Pony

Postby White Mocha » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:06 pm

"Sunrise Sarsaparilla's my drink of choice, if you have it. I can't really handle meat though, so no bacon for me. Thanks for helping out, by the way. I'd never have known where to take Chitin"

Longshot's Theme

Liberty_Walk
Is a not so serious Pony

Postby Liberty_Walk » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:25 pm

"Hey, I've had people help me out, I feel it's only right to return the favor. As for the food, I'll just eat your share of the bacon, if you don't want it." The waitress nods, and walks away, and Storm tilts his head quizzically at Longshot. "You seriously don't know what french toast is? I don't want to offend, but... where have you been that doesn't have french toast?
-Albert Einstein
Liberty's theme

White Mocha
Is a Sane Pony

Postby White Mocha » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:37 pm

"Equestria, of course. Just not this one." Longshot said it flatly, as if it was the most natural thing in the world, even keep a straight face at the sight of Storm's expression. "Where did you think I was getting 200 year old snack cakes?"

Longshot's Theme

Liberty_Walk
Is a not so serious Pony

Postby Liberty_Walk » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:49 pm

"Er... I thought you were exaggerating... How do you mean a different Equestria?"
-Albert Einstein
Liberty's theme

Korkoa
Site Admin / Pyro
Site Admin / Pyro

Postby Korkoa » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:36 am

Tellie stepped cautiously into the play area, not wanting to hurt the darling little fuzzballs. As she knelt down in the midst of the prancing fluff, an involuntary smile came to her face. Maybe this wasn't such a bad idea... The Hippogriff reached out to pet a few of the running, playing kittens before they darted away from her. Not out of fear, she noticed, but simply in an attempt to enjoy themselves. While she conceded that Prism may have had a point, to get a kitty that would balance her out... At the same time, she did want one that would pay attention to her as well. Looking around, Tellie noticed a smaller cat than the others, playing on the outskirts of the group. Shuffling over, she reached out to the tiny white puff. "H-hey there, little one... You're very cute, you know that?" She asked softly as the kitten arched against her hand. Not obsessed with running and playing like the others, this one seemed content to enjoy attention. "You haven't found a home yet? You're very friendly..."

Return to “Equestria University (RP)”