Salt Lick City, Ch 2

Enter Luna University near scenic Salt Lick City.
White Mocha
Is a Sane Pony

Re: Salt Lick City, Ch 2

Postby White Mocha » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:11 pm

"I might just keep them as mementos if I don't have to buy any-" Longshot suddenly jumped to his feet. "You have free medical care?! And food?!"
We are what we repeatedly do.

Longshot's Theme

TwentySided
Site Admin / Benevolent One

Postby TwentySided » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:24 pm

Double Edge - Salt Lick City - Streets

"Presumptuous? How is that-" Double began before feeling Rose bump him. He couldn't help but feel a little embarrassed for not being able to tell that she was teasing him. He still needed a bit practice at the social aspect of this. Despite the miscommunication though, he couldn't help but to chuckle a bit. "Of course. Though now I will have to tell all the mares that are always fawning for me and fighting for my attention that I will no longer be on the market." Double said with a sad wistful sigh, "Oh they will all be so disappointed." Double chuckled, bumping Rose back. "In all seriousness though, I don't really have a facebook, I mean I've heard about it but I don't really know where to go to get one."

"A present?" Double asked reaching the door of the ice cream parlor. Opening the front door, he let Rose go in first before he himself stepped in. Inside, the store was much colder than the outside, easily ten degrees if Double had to judge. "A present for both of us? Can't lie kind of interested in knowing what that is. Um, morse code lessons? Or the test answers for this semesters magic classes, oh or maybe concert tickets?"

captain_borgue
Is a cackling Pony

Postby captain_borgue » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:19 pm

"Ohhhh, concert tickets! That would have been a way cooler idea!" Rose said, a little dejectedly. "No, it's none of those... though maybe I can return it and get concert tickets! Oooh oooh what kind of music do you wanna go see?" Rose said, grabbing his arm and shaking him excitedly. "Or OOH maybe a musical?! Yeah, that'd be waaay better than the lame gift of lame!" Rose said, practically bouncing.

"But that's not important right now. Because This is our first like, real date! Isn't this exciting? I'm thinking... cake batter ice cream with brownie chunks and hot fudge. Yeah, that sounds like a good first date kinda thing!"

captain_borgue
Is a cackling Pony

Postby captain_borgue » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:54 pm

White Mocha wrote:"I might just keep them as mementos if I don't have to buy any-" Longshot suddenly jumped to his feet. "You have free medical care?! And food?!"

"Well, food is not usually free, but it would be easy enough to get you a student meal plan- which would in effect mean that you are eating for free, at least in the short term," Kerrigan said, purposely avoiding the topic of flashbacks for the time being. She'd know much more if he went to the sleep lab. "Medical care is a vital function of society here, it would be unconscionable to only provide it only to those who can pay," Kerrigan added. "Though my colleague brings up a valid point- there are illnesses in our world your body may not have any resistance to, and vice-versa- so the sooner we get you to a physician the better," Kerrigan said.

"The mirror itself, however, makes me uneasy. I think it would be wise to inform the royal sisters that it is functional, and perhaps inquire if any of their archives describe the mirror or how it works in detail, as this is clearly an incident we do not want to repeat. Since magic and magical items are beyond my realm of expertise, however, I doubt my assistance would be of much use in that regard. And though I do not mind teleporting back to campus, it is... a disorienting experience, and I think our guest has had enough of those. It would probably be better to drive back."

White Mocha
Is a Sane Pony

Postby White Mocha » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:11 pm

One could practically hear the wheels in Longshot's head tuning as he processed Kerrigan's confirmation. "What do you do with all your time? No wait. You apparently study ponies' sleeping paterns." He shook his head very slowly as he came to the only conclusion he could: "I think I hit my target, if you can ignore the whole bipedal form part."

He shook his head more vigorously this time and moved to sit down."I can teleport under my own power, I just wouldn't know where I'm going. I'm well used to the experience though."

Longshot's Theme

Lucy Took
Iceberg of Friendship
Iceberg of Friendship

Postby Lucy Took » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:13 pm

"Technology does allow us to have plenty of leisure time, but as you noticed we use a lot of it for research. We have a lot that's going into keeping the peace, but we have even more going into ways to improve the lives of others. Keeping an eye on you is partly to help you improve your own life, but also to have a better idea of protecting ourselves from the mirror and even the faults of your society" Firesong replied. "As for teleportation, I think that having Kerrigan take care of it would be best for tonight since she knows where she's going. Someone will give you a tour later. Of course driving is still an option, and one you'll probably want to get to soon so you can get settled in before the evening shift switches over to night, I doubt anyone on the night shift would know how to set you up, they mostly deal with drunks." She snorted "As dean /I/ mostly deal with drunks once the med staff is done with them"
~If this should end in fire, then we should all burn together~

White Mocha
Is a Sane Pony

Postby White Mocha » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:29 pm

Longshot shrugged. "By all means, I'll submit to whatever measures you deem nessicary. I'm sorry if I hadn't made that clear."

Longshot's Theme

Liberty_Walk
Is a not so serious Pony

Postby Liberty_Walk » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:45 pm

Having been quiet while all the discussion goes on, Liberty's brain latches onto a few of Longshot's words. after thinking it over for a moment, he waits for a small break in the conversation. "Hold on, Longshot... a minute ago, You said you hit your target, if we can ignore the bipedal form? What do yo mean by that?'
When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.
-Albert Einstein
Liberty's theme

TwentySided

Postby TwentySided » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:48 am

Double Edge - Salt Lick City - Ice Cream Parlor

"Oh no no no! I didn't mean that your gift was lame or anything like that!" Double tried to reply feeling rather stupid about the whole thing. "I was just trying to guess at something you'd find fun." the zebra tried to explain, before Rose hopped onto another subject. This one about their order.

"Um, yeah yeah that sounds good. One cake batter ice cream with brownie chunks and hot fudge to share." Double asked the soda jerk, behind the counter who nodded with a rather wide grin toward the couple. "Hm music that I like?" the zebra gave a bit of a pause thinking it over, "Oh tribal I do enjoy a good set of drums and flutes, nice bit of chanting. Pirates of Penzance was another one I liked, I wanted to take part in that one in middle school but yeah talking to one person is hard enough let alone an entire audience. Oh and Music Mare, hm, Hello Dolly?. That's a good one, Put on your Sunday Clothes is way too catchy. Les Miserables is another fantastic one, a bit long for some but I do love most of the songs." he continued to ramble on unknowing of the clerk trying to get his attention, before finally ringing the table bell with a sharp *Kalring* "Oh! Sorry sorry" Double apologized, taking their order and handing the stallion a hand full of bits.

Leading Rose over to the nearest table, Double pulled the chair out for her, waiting for her to take her seat before taking one for himself, handing the mare a spoon, "What about you Rose? Any favorite shows? Or ever take part in a show? I mean it seems like you enjoy them so why not try and be apart of the pit orchestra?"

captain_borgue
Is a cackling Pony

Postby captain_borgue » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:55 am

Dean Hannibal - Gem and Firesong's house

"Though I would not be opposed to teleportation, it occurs to me that- to err on the side of caution- everyone here should probably get checked out at the health center as well, just to rule out anything. Teleporting more than myself and one other is a greater task than I have attempted previously, not to mention we don't yet know what effect teleporting will have on you," Kerrigan said, sounded a little disappointed at the thought of having to walk. "That leaves flight or driving as relatively safe options."

Lucy Took
Iceberg of Friendship
Iceberg of Friendship

Postby Lucy Took » Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:04 am

Firesong nodded in agreement. "I think that getting checked out is a great idea, better to ere on the side of caution than to end up with some kind of superbug. But it's late and the clinic staff is probably overwhelmed, how about you take Liberty and Longshot over so Mr. Walk can explain some of the basic culture to our guest and Longshot can get checked into the sleeping room. I assure you that Doc and I will go in the morning, as well as have a decontamination crew come in to be on the safe side. Thanks for all of your help, Kerrigan."

White Mocha
Is a Sane Pony

Postby White Mocha » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:45 pm

Longshot sighs. "I'm pretty sure the only biohazard I'm carrying is Pink Cloud. Unless you intend to cut me open, I don't think that's going to be an issue. Not saying I won't go, of course, just that I doubt you have much to worry about. And... I'm sorry. For dumping all this on you. I hadn't really thought about anypony on the other side of the mirror while I was trying to get through.

He gets up and walks over to Liberty, "What I ment is that, where I'm from, ponies walk properly, with four hooves on the ground. Now how about we go see a doctor so I don't accidentally kill everyone with terrible diseases."

Longshot's Theme

Liberty_Walk
Is a not so serious Pony

Postby Liberty_Walk » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:56 pm

"Four hooves? how do you pick things up, then? Also, Dean Kerrigan, I'm more than willing to drive. And, No, Longshot, I'm not trying to get you into that rattletrap you saw me in earlier..." Liberty chuckles, "That one's not even registered, technically."
When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.
-Albert Einstein
Liberty's theme

captain_borgue
Is a cackling Pony

Postby captain_borgue » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:28 am

"Well it sounds like transportation is taken care of, then," Kerrigan said, as she pulled her phone out of her pocket and sent a quick message. "The health center will know to expect us. If there's nothing else that we need to do here, we should be heading back. Thank you for the tea, Firesong. Gem, a pleasure as always," Kerrigan said, nodding at her colleagues. "Shall we be going, then?" she said, directed at Longshot and Liberty.

Liberty_Walk
Is a not so serious Pony

Postby Liberty_Walk » Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:29 am

Liberty shrugs, "don't see why not. I'll go get the car out."
He pulls his keys from his belt and twirls them around his finger, "meet you guys out front in a minute," he says before exiting.
-Albert Einstein
Liberty's theme

White Mocha
Is a Sane Pony

Postby White Mocha » Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:41 pm

Longshot nods but walks back over to where he dropped his rifle, slinging it onto his back once again. He then approached Gem and Fire, extending his fist for a hoofbump without thinking they might do something different. "You two took all this pretty much in-stride. It means a lot to me you've been so hospitable; thank you."

Longshot's Theme

TwentySided

Postby TwentySided » Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:03 pm

Doctor Gem Shard - Salt Lick City - Shard's Living Room

"Oh it was no problem at all." Gem replied, bumping fists with the unicorn. "On scale of insanity? this maybe clocked in at a six all things considered." the doctor laughed, " come back when you're all settled in and we can tell you about Fire and I's first couple dates, when I was still teaching her. Now that was insane"

Lucy Took
Iceberg of Friendship
Iceberg of Friendship

Postby Lucy Took » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:47 pm

"Seriously, visitor from another world isn't as surprising as the fact that we managed to get married and neither of us got expelled or fired." Fire said with a smile. "And once your settled feel free to come by for a meal whenever you want, I'm sure there's all sorts of things we can learn from each other. I hope you have a smooth night""

Liberty_Walk
Is a not so serious Pony

Postby Liberty_Walk » Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:59 pm

From outside, you hear a thumping engine sound as Liberty pulls his car out of his driveway, to sit in front of the house.
-Albert Einstein
Liberty's theme

captain_borgue
Is a cackling Pony

Postby captain_borgue » Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:36 pm

"After you," Kerrigan said, motioning to Longshot. "Please park in the South lot, by the lake- it will be the closest available to the clinic," she added, folding her wings before entering the car. "Thank you for volunteering to drive, by the way. " Kerrigan added as an afterthought.

Hannibal Kerrigan, Liberty Walk, and Longshot to Ionic Bond

Return to “Equestria University (RP)”