Salt Lick City, Ch 2

Enter Luna University near scenic Salt Lick City.
Lucy Took
Iceberg of Friendship
Iceberg of Friendship

Re: Salt Lick City, Ch 2

Postby Lucy Took » Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:05 am

Firesong sighed a sigh of relief as the car pulled out of the driveway. She'd had enough crazy for the day, and it wasn't even totally over. She sunk into the chair, figuring that if there were any germs in the room she'd already touched them and a little more time in the room with them wasn't going to hurt her. Still, she stayed on the side that Longshot hadn't been in. She motioned for her husband to sit down. "Doc, we need to talk. I know we've had a huge dose of crazy today, but do you think you can take another? Because this talk really shouldn't have waited this long."
~If this should end in fire, then we should all burn together~

TwentySided
Site Admin / Benevolent One

Postby TwentySided » Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:13 pm

Doctor Gem Shard - Salt Lick City - Shard's Living Room

Watching the car leave, Gem let out a soft sigh, this entire evening had been quite insane to say the least. Moving back to the couch, he let himself fall into it next to his wife. Hearing what she said he noted the seriousness of it, she never called him Doc unless it was serious. "As long as you aren't telling me that you are actually someone from another universe as well and that you just now decided to tell me this because you have to leave through the mirror, I think I can take it." Gem answered trying to at least lighten the mood just a touch...unless it actually was just that then this just mad everything just a bit more awkward.

Lucy Took
Iceberg of Friendship
Iceberg of Friendship

Postby Lucy Took » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:40 pm

"That talk's for later. I only have to go through the mirror on a full moon in February when the sky is clear and it's precisely 100.34 degrees outside" Firesong replied with a laugh and a wink. "So that's not really an issue." She sobered up. "Though what I really do need to talk to you isn't an issue. Well, it is but it's a good one, not a bad issue. I think. Issues don't have to be bad, just important, right? Maybe event would be better? No, not event since it's not really a short term thing, same goes for 'incident' and 'happening'. Announcement is better, but it's not quite the same as issue. Maybe 'generally good thing that happened and will keep happening' is better, but too long. This whole introduction is too long, so I guess I probably should cut to the story." She rambled on, leaning on the stallion beside her.

"So this morning I went into the clinic because I was feeling a bit queasy, nothing major though. So I went in and was expecting to just get an antacid or something like that. You know I go in a couple of times a month for headache medicine because I forgot to bring it with me to freshman choir practice. Well, I was told that I'd have to have a check up before they'd give me anything for a stomach ache because they headaches have a clear cause...freshman choir. It's the only time that I get them and it's understandable because there are just some sweet little fillies in there that are totally tone deaf. But the nausea didn't have a clear cause so they poked and prodded and took samples and ran tests and I ended up missing freshman choir and it took until after lunch to figure out what's going on."

Firesong nuzzled her husband. "But it's nothing to worry about. I'm fine, and so is our new foal."

TwentySided

Postby TwentySided » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:58 pm

Leaning into the pegasus next to him, Gem listened to Fire as she told him about having gone into the clinic, this wasn't something he had actually known about, he wished he had, though thinking on it he should have noticed at least something from the morning after she had eaten much less than she normally did. Which looking back was a tad strange. As she nuzzled him, the last part of what she said began to ring true in his mind, "Fire, darling, please say that last part again for me. I don't know if I misunderstood you or if this is just a dream and you and I are actually sleeping on the couch after falling asleep to the movie."

Lucy Took
Iceberg of Friendship
Iceberg of Friendship

Postby Lucy Took » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:04 am

Fire beamed and kissed him. "Not a dream, we're going to be parents. Again. After 18 years. It's a surprise, I know, but I think it's a really good surprise. It's going to be like starting from scratch, I've gotten rid of all of Prism's baby things except for the sentimental things and we're all in totally different places in our lives now, but I'm happy to be sharing the next step with another little person."

TwentySided

Postby TwentySided » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:32 am

Gem felt rather light-headed through all of this, first someone from a whole other world now this? He couldn't help but laugh before embracing the mare he loved. "This is wonderful news! Fantastic! Glorious!" Feeling renewed, he shot up out of the couch, "Prism will be ecstatic to hear that she's going to be a big sister! We're having a foal!" Looking back to Fire, Gem gave a beaming smile as he lifted the pegasus up from the couch, one arm under her legs, the other behind her back, like when they when they were newly weds once again. "You're going to be such a great mother once again." He said kissing Fire once again, taking the first steps towards their room. "It certainly has been a day of new beginnings, might I suggest we 'resign' to the chambers my sweet?"

Lucy Took
Iceberg of Friendship
Iceberg of Friendship

Postby Lucy Took » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:39 am

"I think we should" Firesong said, laughing along with him. "Though with all that you said about germs perhaps we should wash up first. Care to join me?" she added, wrapping her arms around him. She could have scolded him about being careful about his back, but they weren't that old yet and she certainty didn't feel that old that night. Might as well have a few more hours of feeling like giddy newlyweds.

captain_borgue
Is a cackling Pony

Postby captain_borgue » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:38 am

Rose listened intently as Double spoke, giggling as the thought of the stoic swordspony singing along to "Put on Your Sunday Clothes". She had never known he loved musicals, which she found to be endearing. "I've heard Les Mis, and Hello Dolly, but that's really about it. I've heard some opera too, my favorite is Carmen. I've tried to sing Habanera, but... well, part of the problem is it's in another language so I don't really know what I'm singing. I could be singing a grocery list for all I know- and you can't really pour your soul into 'eggs-milk-bread-bacon'," Rose said, laughing.

She lazily spun her spoon in little circles as Double talked, which a casual observer would mistake for simply fidgeting. But Rose was trying to suss out where the sundae was located without asking for help- just as she learned to do with a cane when she was a little girl, there was a technique to figuring out one's surroundings using subtle, simple gestures. Of course, upon discovering it, she used the spoon to carve out a chunk of ice cream and scoop up some fudge, which she delightfully devoured. "Oh, that one had a brownie chunk in it! I was hoping that would happen," Rose said, grinning through a mouthful of fudge.

She sighed wistfully, idly taking another scoop of ice cream. "I dunno if I could go that far. I mean, yeah it'd be cool to play in the orchestra- but I can't read music. I'd have to have someone play my part for me so I can listen and practice, but in the orchestra pit there's all these other sounds and instruments everywhere, so it'd be hard to hear my own. Besides, I'm pretty good, but I'm not like, amazing or anything," Rose said, blushing a little. "Now dancing, on the other hand, is something I'm damn good at. Swing is my favorite, but Tiny and I practice all sorts of stuff. To a point, because there's some dances that are a little, you know, not-at-all the kind of dance to do with basically family. Like the Tango. Tiny and I just... couldn't, it was too weird. And Mom and Dad didn't much like the dance teacher, who said he could teach anypony anything, after he got a little too handsy with me. Granted, I didn't much like that either, but the elbow to- you know, I don't actually know where I elbowed him. Somewhere squishy? Anyway, that put an end to that. I've always wanted to try a tango I could really get into, you know? Or a grind, or-" Rose said, her voice trailing away, before she stopped herself short, blushing furiously, and stuffed another spoonful in her mouth.

Truth was, she did want to play in an ensemble, like an orchestra. And she wanted to know what doing a proper tango felt like, and she wanted to experience more than just conversations and handholding and cutesy stuff- but she knew that wasn't really an option. If she pursued things with Double, if they got serious, then simply by virtue of being together, she was dooming him to live his life around her blindness- little things like 'don't leave socks on the floor' or 'don't move the end table' were nagging non-issues with other couples, but for her, something that inconsequential could skew her mind-map of her surroundings, and that could actually be dangerous. It didn't seem fair of her to ask for that level of commitment, even as her heart beat a little louder whenever she smelled his scent or felt his presence. Even as she felt herself flutter whenever she heard him say her name- sometimes literally. Could she really ask something so immense from someone she cared about? Heck, she didn't know all of the myriad things Tiny had to do do live with her- but she heard him, at all sorts of hours, shuffling around or picking things up or cleaning things, it was almost constant. The thought of it was depressing- how many little, everyday, normal pony things was she utterly helpless without Tiny on? And if she asked him to teach her how to do them, how would that make him feel?

But wait a minute... maybe she didn't need to ask Tiny for help...

Rose theatrically put her spoon down and stood up a little straighter. "Okay, this is going to sound really weird. But there's something I need you to do for me. And today seems like a good chance to get it done, since we still have some time. But I... I need your help, and to be perfectly honest you're the only one I'd trust with this," Rose said, sighing heavily, before leaning her elbows on the table and leaning her face closer to where she assumed his was. "I need you to help me do laundry," she said, blushing hotly. "Tiny always does it, and I don't want to rely on him forever, but I have no idea how, and if we- I mean, if I- ugh, how do I say it?!" Rose said, frustrated. She took a deep breath to steady herself, and started again. "Normal people can do laundry without a problem. I can't. I need to know how, so that, well, if you and I ever live together, I'm not putting the burden of my issue entirely on you. I'm not a helpless little girl, but sometimes... it feels like I am, and I don't want to be. So. Laundry. That's phase one. You in?" Rose asked, picking up her spoon and pointing it at Double- or at least, pointing in his general direction.

TwentySided

Postby TwentySided » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:39 pm

Double Edge - Salt Lick City - Ice Cream Parlor

Double listened as Rose explained her love of dance, noting how many time she had brought up learning how to Tango or just wanting to do that particular dance in general. Moreover, he noticed how bright red Rose was getting as she talked not only about the dancing but about her want to learn how to do...laundry? He couldn't help but be taken a bit a back at such a request, It certainly wasn't the first thing he had thought of when thinking about a date, in fact it was one of the last things he would have though of when thinking about dates. Then again however this wasn't really a date with a normal mare. Not that he was complaining.

Taking a spoonful of the ice cream he pondered how he could make such a task easier. Something simple and easy to manage. Though he hadn't been thinking of the two living together, not yet at least, that was much farther along the road, or maybe it wouldn't be. He actually didn't know. If they did live together he would have to find some way to keep her safe from himself. The potions he brew were not always the safest, both in any sense of the word, but maybe in this situation they could help. "Alright yeah, yeah I don't mind helping you learn how to do laundry. I think we can make this a bit fun too. Alright, how's this, Phase one is laundry, while Phase two is you help me learn a thing or two about dancing. I know nothing of it and am afraid to say that I have two left hooves in the matter." Taking another spoonful of ice cream, the zebra took some time before continuing. "I, um, well I've seen some dances but they were tribal and no offense to them, but it looked like flailing to the beat of drums."

captain_borgue
Is a cackling Pony

Postby captain_borgue » Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:54 pm

Rose squealed delightedly, clapping her hands. "Awesome! Oh, this will be fun!" she added, before taking another bite. "We should probably get some sort of ground rules going, huh? Like, a code word, so nobody knows what we're really doing. Oooh ooh, we can call dance-y time 'laundry', and laundry time... hmm. Studying! Yeah, that'll do. Okay, awesome! Now to figure out where... somewhere with lots of room and not like, poles are benches or furniture and stuff so we don't crash into anything... but not the roof, since you don't have wings," Rose said, tapping her chin thoughtfully. "Okay, so roof's out. Room's out, too much stuff. Gym's out, probably for the same reason. Need somewhere spacious, but like- flat on the ground. And preferably private. You know anyplace like that? Big and open and indoors but not crowded?"

TwentySided

Postby TwentySided » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:29 pm

Double Edge - Salt Lick City - Ice Cream Parlor

"Hm," Double thought it over, a place that isn't crowded, nor cluttered. That could actually be a tad difficult to find. "Well there are always the various sport courts in the gym itself, I mean those are usually empty when they aren't in use. We could always try a local park, though that is outside and could have clutter so maybe that is out of the question. I wouldn't mind the roof, I mean I don't necessarily need wings. I mean I could see the ledge coming and move before I go over. But again that's outside and with it getting closer to December, probably not the best idea in the world." Double continued brainstorming, "Oh what about the auditorium? like the stage? I mean its wide enough that actors have to be on it, it is indoors, and everything is out of the way because it will be behind in the back of the stage, leaving the front clear. Though it isn't all that private, well I mean people can walk in but it isn't a main center of traffic."

captain_borgue
Is a cackling Pony

Postby captain_borgue » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:23 pm

"Awesome, the auditorium it is then!" Rose said, grinning. "So here's my master plan. We go back to campus and start on the laundry plan, then we can go to the auditorium and like, scope it out, you know? See if it'll work. I mean, dancing is easy. You just move around. But laundry? I don't even know where to start" Rose said, shaking her head.

"Oh, speaking of- can I borrow your phone?" Rose asked, holding her hand out. "Or if you could call my phone, that'd be good too. Just to touch base, you know?" Rose said. Strange thing was, her phone went to voicemail... twice. "Well, that's a surprise. I guess we aren't in a crunch for time now. So, that being siad, I have another plan," Rose said, standing up and walking around to double's side of the table. "Come on, let's go. Gotta walk these calories off, right? Besides, the sooner we get back, the sooner we can get everything done- and then we'll actually have free time together! Can you imagine?"

TwentySided

Postby TwentySided » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:47 pm

Double Edge - Salt Lick City - Outside Ice Cream Parlor

"Huh I guess the party ended early or something, that or Static is being quite the handful for Tiny, or their just having a bit too much fun." Double answered throwing away the ice cream cup before heading outside with Rose, he kind of hoped it was the third option, if his and Rose's presence weren't going to be noticed, then the more time they could spend with each other and all things considered he preferred that option, parties really weren't his kind of thing, though he might need to apologize to Static should he miss everything. "Either way, yeah lets get going back to campus. Jeez I don't think my mom is going to believe that I was excited to actually do laundry for once. Not only that but free time in college? Rose either everything is working out or this is just some strange dream and I was knocked unconscious during my match." the zebra replied with a chuckle. "alright, to laundry then?"

captain_borgue
Is a cackling Pony

Postby captain_borgue » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:41 pm

"Wait wait wait," Rose said, shaking her head and trying to hold in the laughter. "So that dream thing... you mean to tell me that in your subconscious, the thing you'd fantasize about doing most is my laundry?" she said, unable to contain it and busting a gut with peals of laughter. "If you fantasize about dishes too, we should just get married now and cut out all the middle parts!" she said, between fits of laughter.

"But in all seriousness," she said, wiping her eyes, "pretty sure this is all real. Though if you need more proof," she said mischievously, "this ought to do it," she added, before turning around and wrapping her arms around him. "I'll tell you a secret," she said, sniffing his neck softly. "That's what my dreams smell like," she added, before giving him a kiss.

"Ok, so now that I've proved I'm not an illusion- let's go play with my underpants!" Rose exclaimed, laughing again, as the two of them set off back to the school.

Rose Gold and double Edge to Dorms

Liberty_Walk
Is a not so serious Pony

Postby Liberty_Walk » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:28 pm

Liberty Walk from Bucephalus

Liberty pulls his car into the driveway, opening the garage door with his remote, and goes in. He stares at his new project car for a moment, feeling like he should do something with it, but it's been such a hectic afternoon and evening, he's not sure where to start. Swiping the oily rag from where he'd deposited it on the roof earlier, he tosses it into the rag box, and heads in to sleep, pressing the garage door close button.
When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.
-Albert Einstein
Liberty's theme

Lucy Took
Iceberg of Friendship
Iceberg of Friendship

Postby Lucy Took » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:11 am

Prism-Bus Stop

Prism looked at her watch, she managed to get to the stop five minutes before the time she'd agreed to meet the hippogriff girl she'd talked to at the party. Tellie had mentioned wanting to get a cat as soon as she moved into the apartment and Prism had immediately agreed to help her find the animal shelter as well as pick out the necessities for a cat, things she was familiar with growing up with a cat. With just a few minutes before the bus started to board, Prism took a seat and waited for her new acquaintance to show up.

Korkoa
Site Admin / Pyro
Site Admin / Pyro

Postby Korkoa » Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:20 am

Tellie walked along to the bus stop, trailing slightly behind her excited roommate. The topic had come up last night of getting a pet as Dean Hannibal had suggested, and a few people at the party had been quite approving of it. So here she was, about to head to a local shelter to find a kitty. Tellie liked cats, she had insisted that if she got a pet it would be a cat. Other ideas had been thrown around, from dogs, to birds, to someone suggesting a piglet. But no, Tellie had her heart set on a cat. Cat's had a certain air of independence, but a sense of wisdom as well.

Lost in her thoughts, Tellie nearly missed the bus stop, pausing only when she heard her name. She turned towards the bus stop, where Prism and now Nova sat. Putting a smile on her face, Tellie waved and stepped towards them. "H-Hi Prism... So you know where we're going, right?"

Lucy Took
Iceberg of Friendship
Iceberg of Friendship

Postby Lucy Took » Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:24 am

Prism-Bus Stop

Prism nodded excitedly as the bus doors swung open. "Yup. The shelter and pet store are on at street that's the next stop over. We can pick out your kitty first and then get him or her some food and a litterbox. Oh, and a collar would be good. And maybe even a bandana or a sweater to mark it as a pet right away. And some toys. And some bowls! Do you have an idea of what you want in a cat?" she said, sitting down.

Korkoa
Site Admin / Pyro
Site Admin / Pyro

Postby Korkoa » Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:59 pm

Tellie paused suddenly as she realized what a big responsibility this was going to be. She ha never had a pet before, could she handle it? Could she take care of this thing that was going to depend on her for practically everything? The training, the feeding, the love? Could she even love a pet like it needed? Was she capable of that sort of thing? Of loving another living thing? Tellie began to breath more rapidly as she thought about it, and about all the other changes to her life when suddenly, unbidden, something her mother said came to mind.'To go outside your comfort zone, the best training is to throw yourself Ito it until something sticks.' It may not have been the best phrased advice, but Tellie's mother was a guard, not a philosopher.

"Um... I-I don't really know what I'm looking for..." The girl said, pushing away the panic, "S-something just... Cuddly, cute... Fuzzy is good. A-And you'll help me with the other things right? I've never had a pet before..."

Lucy Took
Iceberg of Friendship
Iceberg of Friendship

Postby Lucy Took » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:59 pm

Prism-Bus

"Of course I'll help with getting you set up! I've lived with a cat all my life, it's strange living at school and not having Philosopher around to scritch. Cats are pretty independent, there's not all that much you have to do to care for them compared to other pets. You make sure they have food and clean water and clean the liter box every day and you take them to the vet now and then to keep them up to date on their shots. Other than that you pretty much just let them do their thing and they let you pet them when they feel like it." Prism said, pulling a cord to say that she wanted off at this stop before getting up. "And it's a nice shelter here, I did some work here on community days in high school. You don't have to worry about taking your cat to the vet again for a few months, they're all up to date on their shots and have been fixed."

Return to “Equestria University (RP)”