Dorms & Apartments, Ch 2

Enter Luna University near scenic Salt Lick City.
Morningglory
Is a pony

Re: Dorms & Apartments, Ch 2

Postby Morningglory » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:32 pm

Ivy watched a look of concern come over Chitin's face and gave him a reassuring smile. "Well, I'm not really sure. I think that might be in the social sciences. Even so, it doesn't mean we can't study together, right? Many hands makes for light work." She said, "Although, I do most of my homework in the greenhouse. It's a lot more... calm than my dorm." She said, glancing over at her roommate, who appeared to have picked up a piece of paper, grinned, and then looked over at her. She could see Lens bend over the table and start filling out the paper with a pen, and when she was finished, pick up another two, grab Chroma by the hand and start heading their way. "Oh, here comes Lens. This ought to be... interesting." She said with something between a smile and a grimace.

"Hey! Ivy, I think this place could be a swingin' pad, and Celestia knows it wouldn't be home without my lil' lily of the valley!" She said enthusiastically, pushing the pen and paper into Ivy's hands, without so much as waiting for her to answer, "So, I'm going to need you to fill this out, since ponies tend to frown on signing someone else up for these kinds of things in your own handwriting. Something about fraud? I don't know." She said with a haphazard shrug. She held her arms where they were and peered at Chitin out of the corner of her eye, "And as for you there, you're new, and you probably don't know a whole lot of ponies around here. But you do know my sweet little daisy, Ivy, over here. Don't you think it would be a good idea for your assimilation or whatever to be near someone you know... and like?" She said with a sly grin, waving another form in the hand closest to him. "And the name is Lens Flare, by the way." "Alicia..." Ivy interrupted, only to have Lens wave a playfully dismissive hand in her direction, "But friends just call me Lens. I'm already Ivy's roommate, best friend, agent and confidant. And I've got my eye on you!" She said in a playfully chiding tone, wagging her finger at them, "Both of you! So you better fill those out and turn them in so we can have the best year of college EVER!"

Knight Tyrfang
Is a cackling Pony

Postby Knight Tyrfang » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:15 pm

Delightful Payne Jr.
Dorms & Apartments - ΨΩΦ Floor

Dumbfounded, and her already minimal confidence entirely deflated, Payne was regretting her decision to head the sorority. She figured that a society like this was going to be loose and a bit rowdy, but she felt like what she was looking at was a madhouse. Everyone just seemed weird. Not to mention what seemed like complete strangers were already hooking up, giving Payne a very bad feeling that trying to maintain the order and proper record that Tarnished and her had told Dean Kerrigan that they'd uphold would be impossible.

And then there was a loud slam, nearly causing Payne to jump. Whirling around to see what it was, she found the one person she was excited to see, standing right where the door used to be, carrying a rather large bundle of...something under one of her arms. The door, was now on the floor, with a footprint scuffed on it.

"Whoops, I should fix that later... Ryla mumbled to herself, before raising her hand in greeting. "Yooo, Ryla in the house. Things sounded rowdy, and I heard something about spiked punch, so I thought I might just burst in. I brought Mr. Coffee."

She then tossed the bundle onto the floor somewhat unceremoniously, which turned out to be Joe. He looked rather displeased by the fact he was being treated like a sack of potatoes, before being stood up by the unicorn.

"He said something about needing to make coffee for the meet when I ran into him over in Bucephalus. But I figured he'd be more popular here." Ryla continued, giving Joe a rather hefty thump on the back. Grinning, she looked over in Tarnished and River's general direction. "Hey Tarnished, River, you guys wouldn't happen to have a coffee machine would ya? ...And uh, some tools?"

Payne's mouth twitched, betraying the embarrassment and regret she was feeling at that moment. And like Joe, she very much wished she could melt through the floor.

TwentySided
Site Admin / Benevolent One

Postby TwentySided » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:18 am

Chitin - Apartments - ΨΩΦ Floor

Seeing the paper pushed into his had Chitin was beginning to feel rather confused about this, why was this mare asking him to do this? Was this some form of social hive that these ponies were forming? If that were so who would the matriarch be? If it was this this one, Lens Flare, he didn't know if he wanted to be in that hive. She was much too sporadic, no attitude for a leader! Moreover what would their goal be? A Hive had to have some goal in mind to reach. Looking down, the changeling began tentatively filling out everything he could on the page, turning away and to the nearest flat surface so that his Equestrian writing was at least legible. Turning back to hand the mare his form, A sudden, large crash filled the room as the front door left its hinges. Immediately Chitin's mind flew into flight mode, the entirety of himself locking up in shock as his body shifted from his normal guise, locking onto the first thing his mind could grasp onto as emerald flames glazed over him, changing his appearance once again hoping to blend into its surroundings.

Feeling trapped in place Chitin's now ruby eyes, glanced over to the door, hoping that this assailant might simply move away thinking nothing of him. Maybe he had been wrong to come here, there were certainly ponies that were still mad about the events of Chrysalis's invasion, word must've gotten out that there was a changeling here! They must be here to get him! He couldn't stay here, but at the same time he couldn't flee just act natural. Trying to loosen his fingers from the edge of the chair, Chitin glanced back to Lens, "here take it!" He mumbled in a voice not his own.

Frantically looking himself over the changeling saw a familiar green skin, and clothes, before long red strands of hair fell in front of him, obscuring his sight, once again all to familiar. Of course it was he had been looking at this mare the entire evening. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" he frantically apologized, clenching his eyes to try and focus on another change, however the feeling of his appearance altering never came. "Oh no no no no!" he mumbled as he looked to the door, a unicorn coming in, dropping another pony at her feet. He was right they were after him! More over they had already caught on of his own he knew it. And here he was unable to change! "I...I...I gotta hide!" he mumbled burst out of his chair and into the bathroom. Not necessarily the best hiding place but at least then the hunter wouldn't have seen twin Ivys.

Morningglory
Is a pony

Postby Morningglory » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:29 am

The door crashed open, Chitin took on her form and hid in the bathroom, and Ivy turned her eyes to glare chidingly at Lens, who just grinned at the three filled out forms in her hands. "Ah! Perfect! This is going to be great!" She said enthusiastically and turned to Chroma. She looked back over her shoulder at Ivy and gave her a smug grin, "You might want to go save... yourself." She said teasingly, and walked away with Chroma proudly to find where she could hand in the forms.

Ivy shook her head and stood up, casting a glare in the direction of the door and the mare who had entered through it, and made her way towards the bathroom. She leaned against it gently, placing her ear to the door, and knocked softly, "Chitin? Chitin? Are you alright? It was just some stupid mare with no sense throwing the door open. It's okay." She called gently, "You're safe. She's just a combat arts student, or something like that." She said, pushing her ear so hard against the door that her cheek hurt.

TwentySided

Postby TwentySided » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:58 am

Passing inside the bathroom Chitin's mind was frantic. He needed to get out, but he couldn't get out that mare was in the way, he could get out of the window but he couldn't fly, his body wasn't allowing himself to get wings again. Jumping would only cause him harm. But he needed to leave he needed to get out of here he needed to get away from that hunter. Looking at the mirror he saw the face of Ivy looking back at him. It was thorough, nearly exact, the only real difference was the fear in her eyes. Clenching them he tried once again to change back or at least to change into something different something he could use to get away from the mare at the door.

"Chitin? Chitin? Are you alright?

He jumped at the calling of his name before slightly relaxing, realizing it was Ivy. Looking back in the mirror, he wanted to swear as he still saw Ivy looking back at him. "No, no I'm not alright that mare she wants to hurt me. She knows what I am. I need to get away"

"It was just some stupid mare with no sense throwing the door open. It's okay."

"If not her then somepony, I'm still not safe, I'm the only one out here, no hive to be with. The ponies haven't forgotten and they haven't forgiven. They don't like us, they hate us. They have all right to hate us we tried to invade them. They won't forgive us." Chitin continued to pace.

"You're safe. She's just a combat arts student, or something like that."

"It doesn't matter they will hate us, they will always deep down hate us. There is no love. There will never be love for us." Chitin finally gave pause resting his back to the door as the thought dawned on him, sliding down to a sitting position, looking down to the floor letting the mimiced hair fall around him "...how ironic that, thats what we need to survive..."

Morningglory
Is a pony

Postby Morningglory » Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:08 am

Ivy took a deep breath and let it out slow. Comforting others wasn't something she was at all good at, so she found herself in a very strange position very suddenly. She leaned her cheek against the door once more, "Lens didn't judge you when she saw you, and despite her lack of common sense, I generally can trust her when it comes to other ponies. And I... well, I'm not exactly on the good side of some of the more influential ponies on campus... or much of anypony else. But, I like you. And I don't think there's a single pony at this party who has said a single word against you, none that I heard anyway." She said gently, "And not having a hive? Ponies don't have hives, but they do have families, and friends. Everypony needs friends... No pony is an island." She murmured. She turned and put her back on the door and slid down slowly, letting out a slow sigh, "I'm probably not helping much. The only real friend I've had on campus all this time is Lens. The only other friends I have are plants. I'm so bad at this."

TwentySided

Postby TwentySided » Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:20 am

Looking up, the changeling glanced to the door he was laying against. Listening to the mare's words. He was probably causing so much stress for her. Something he really didn't mean to do. "A-am I your friend?" He finally asked. Trying to reach a some what audible tone.

Morningglory
Is a pony

Postby Morningglory » Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:24 am

Ivy leaned her head back against the door and smiled. "I'd certainly like to think so. I like you; you haven't made fun of me for being so into my plants, you're nice and sincere and honest. I like that. So, yes. I'd definitely say you're my friend, Chitin." She said through a genuine smile. It felt good to smile genuinely. It was a rare occurrence outside of the greenhouse. She ran a hand through her thick red hair and pushed her glasses up her nose. "Would you like to be friends? Because I would like that very much."

TwentySided

Postby TwentySided » Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:36 am

"I-I would really like that Ivy." Chitin finally said after a long silence. "I really would." He could feel the tensions easing just a bit. He was still really worried but knowing he had a friend made that a bit more bearable. "I'm sorry I turned into you when I panicked. It was the first thing that came to my mind I guess."

Morningglory
Is a pony

Postby Morningglory » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:14 pm

Ivy smiled and stood up, dusting off her dress. "That's alright. If it's comfortable, I don't mind." She said with a chuckle, "I want you to be comfortable, and however you feel that way is fine by me." She said as she leaned her ear gently against the door. "And you'll make lots of friends here. I know Lens is a little overbearing, but she means well. And Chroma's a good guy, as far as I know. I think you'll do well here."

TwentySided

Postby TwentySided » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:09 pm

Chitin got to his feet looking at the door knob before finally unlocking it, "I, I hope this doesn't offend you but I um, well I don't really like her, at least not yet." Chitin replied, opening the door to Ivy. "I don't know, maybe she's just a bit...too overbearing for me at least until I am able to handle it you know..." he continued, gesturing to his Ivy disguise, "not as someone else."

Morningglory
Is a pony

Postby Morningglory » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:13 pm

Ivy tilted her head to the side with a smile. "That's alright. I'm not saying you have to like her. Heaven knows it took a while for me to." She said, brushing Chitin's hand gently. "I look good on you." She said sweetly, "Sorry, it's a very impressive talent."

TwentySided

Postby TwentySided » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:59 pm

"Um...is it weird if I stay like this I might not be able to change. The unicorn scared that I think I might be stuck like this for a bit...its not something that happens often but...yeah its um, an annoying tick of mine. I get scared and I transform and well, yeah." Chitin replied shrugging. This was more than likely going to make things a bit awkward. But unfortunately that was the form he had chosen so that was unfortunately what he was stuck with, for now at least. These incidents happened and at times they would only last minutes other times hours. He had hoped to hide this from all these new people try and at least act somewhat normal, for a changeling that is, but so much for that plan.

Morningglory
Is a pony

Postby Morningglory » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:11 pm

Ivy tittered softly, "If you're worried, we can head over to the greenhouse now and get away from the crowd. I'm sure my plants are hungry now anyway. I'm not fond of parties anyway." She said, pulling her hands behind her back and tilting her head. It was a lame suggestion for most ponies, but it was the only truly quiet place she could think of. "We could stay there until you change back and feel more comfortable. It's quiet and calm, and humid... and warm." She smiled, trying hard not to sound too eager to leave the crowded room.

TwentySided

Postby TwentySided » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:21 pm

"I, um," Chitin began thinking the offer over, it was a lot than staying here or at least he assumed it would be. Not so many people around, more importantly less chance that others would know about the tick. But at the same time, would he need to tell Chroma? Actually thinking about it he didn't really know all that much about Chroma to begin with. He knew more about Ivy than he did the batpony. He also remembered where his dorm was so no need to get lost. No this was a much better idea then actually staying here. He would meet these ponies again hopefully, but at his pace. "Yeah, yeah I like that idea much better than staying here. I like everything about that idea. Let's go there." Chitin answered, nodding his head. Admittedly he had been thinking about leaving already. Too many new faces, too many new ponies, and much too much noise.

Morningglory
Is a pony

Postby Morningglory » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:27 pm

Ivy nodded eagerly and offered out her hand. "It's just across campus in the science building. I have access to it 24 hours a day since my projects are in there." She said, pulling a key out of a pocked hidden in her skirt with her other hand. "Let's head out."

Ivy to the Ionic Building.

TwentySided

Postby TwentySided » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:42 pm

Nodding, the changeling followed after Ivy, covering his face so at least some may not notice that there were two Ivys. Honestly a poor plan as they could just look at the rest of him, but still it made him feel a bit better.

Chitin to Ionic

Knight Tyrfang
Is a cackling Pony

Postby Knight Tyrfang » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:45 pm

Ryla Honorbound
Dorms & Apartments - ΨΩΦ Floor

"Oh, we have a coffee machine in the kitchen. I can go show you." Ryla heard what sounded like Dee's voice, as she was propping up the door. As much as she wanted to just go up and hug her, the unicorn remembered that Payne was supposed to be the one hosting the party, and Ryla wasn't sure how good it'd be for the younger one's image of being a new sorority leader if she was just tackled and whirled around. She noticed someone running immediately to the bathroom, not really paying it any mind until another party goer followed behind, and just sat outside and started to try and calm down whoever was on the other side. She then moved over to the punch bowl, before pouring herself a drink, before hearing something about "Some stupid mare with no sense throwing the door open."

...Ouch. She thought, taking a sip before wandering off to where she saw Tarnished and River. She stopped in her stride when she noticed that where that girl that had called her stupid was, there were now two of her. Ryla quickly dumped the punch into a nearby plant pot, before tossing the plastic cup away.

"Hey Tarnished, River." Ryla greeted the two, bowing her head with her hands in her pocket. She opened her mouth to ask how the party was going, before there was another loud slam cutting her off. The unicorn sighed, mumbling "One sec...", figuring the door had fallen over again. She spotted the clones seemed to have disappeared, so Ryla guessed that that was probably the cause of the door falling again.

Korkoa
Site Admin / Pyro
Site Admin / Pyro

Postby Korkoa » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:11 am

Booster chuckled as he stepped into the apartment, tossing his key up and snatching it out of the air. "I'd love to dance wi' ye Prism, an' I'm sure we'll figure out how to not make it awkward. Oh, an' ye can come in if ye'd like, I'll be jus' a second wi' the music." He smiled, disappearing down the hall.

Tellie, meanwhile, had collected Nova and made their way to the apartment where the party was being held. "Um, s-so yeah, this is where Dean Hannibal said the fraternity or sorority or... Whatever they're calling it is. Figured we could check it... Out..." The hybrid girl trailed off as she caught sight of the door to the hall just sort of sitting on the floor. "Oh... That looks promising..." She said as she gingerly stepped over the splinters and offered Nova a hand to step across as well. She looked around at the hall, it was slightly less populated than she thought it would be, which was kind of nice. "Um... Well yeah, here we are... Guess we should find someone to talk to?"

Lucy Took
Iceberg of Friendship
Iceberg of Friendship

Postby Lucy Took » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:18 am

Prism popped her head into Booster's door. "Serenade seemed nice. Maybe you should take a couple of songs with her? There's no need to be exclusive" Prism said, thinking about how she hadn't closed the door on Deal, they'd just decided to be friends and to see other people. "We're freshmen, it's not like we're obligated to be exclusive!"

Chroma looked over the form that he'd just filled out. "We just drop these into the box near the door."
he said, looking over to where the loud bang had come from. "Well. Where the door was. Thanks for being considerate Lens, you might make grand enterences but I've never known destruction of property to be your thing"

River's eyes went wide as she saw the door hinges fall off. She set down her glass. "Repute dear, I know I said to relax, but I think taking care of that mare before we have to forfeit our deposit would be preferred. It seems that Payne needs some backup."
~If this should end in fire, then we should all burn together~

Return to “Equestria University (RP)”