Dorms & Apartments, Ch 2

Enter Luna University near scenic Salt Lick City.
Morningglory
Is a pony

Re: Dorms & Apartments, Ch 2

Postby Morningglory » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:03 am

Ivy felt the hot flush of a blush on her cheeks, "Well, I never said I could talk to plants, though I do understand them on a level that most ponies don't." She said, looking away shyly. "I can hear them growing, processing UV light into food, and I can hear them laughing. Anyone who says plants don't have a sense of humor is lying." She said with a nervous laugh. "I'm a botany major, with a minor in organic chemistry. I've kind of taken over the school greenhouse, I'm afraid. I don't think Dean Frizzle quite minds, though." She gave him a haphazard smile and picked up the cup, "I guess you could say that I talk to them. Namely I talk to them when I feed them, and water them... and measure them... and repot... I promise it's not as weird as it sounds!"

TwentySided
Site Admin / Benevolent One

Postby TwentySided » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:16 am

Chitin - Apartments - ΨΩΦ Floor

"How is that weird?" Chitin asked, honestly confused about why this would be considered strange behavior, "It sounds like how we changelings handle another's emotions. You may not see it but there is an aura, um, color around you. All of you, your emotions. We sometimes have to nurture those we have decided to harvest feelings from to get the right mix or saturation of emotions. Since sadness and dejected are two entirely different things. It is a finer detail to what those around you don't see, I mean, well, it allows you to see or hear an aspect of the world that they can't. It, um, it allows you to preform to the best of your ability I would guess."

Morningglory
Is a pony

Postby Morningglory » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:22 am

Ivy smiled faintly, "Maybe you should come by the the greenhouse sometime. Just... don't touch anything. Some of the plants are a wee bit toxic... or poisonous... not to be confused to be the same thing. Also, some of them have a mean sense of humor... and they can be somewhat obtuse sometimes. But, they really are really good plants. They're just... different." She said, fiddling with the cup in her hands. "I mean, it can be boring for some ponies, but I'm sure they'd behave..." She murmured, "And, I mean, I guess you could say it's an aura, but plants have always responded really well to me. It's like, well you'll see if you come to ghe greenhouse." She said with a half smile, then looked down and realized he didn't have a cup in his hand, and hers was in fact quite empty. "Oh! I'm so sorry. I didn't realize you didn't have a drink! We should probably rectify that. And my cup has been empty a while, and I'm starting to... wilt, I guess you'd say?" She said softly, trying to hide her blush.

TwentySided

Postby TwentySided » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:37 am

"Y-Yeah I think I would like that." Chitin grinned, following Ivy. He didn't really need to drink or eat, most of his nutrients came from the emotions of others but then again it would be rude to say no. Besides she was getting a drink as well, no point in not going, at least then they could still talk.

"Oh I get it, wilt, like, a...yeah I'm not the best with word play just yet." Chitin said, approaching the beverage table. Looking about, he could only see two different choices. But they were both red in color. How could anyone really know which was which? Pouring himself a cups worth from the left pitcher, Chitin gave it a sniff, trying to at least have some warning to what he was about to be drinking. It smelled like that of cherries, but there was another odor that he couldn't really put his finger on.

Taking a strong gulp, the changeling immediately regretted, as that other flavor came back with a vengeance, overpowering and simply burning his throat. Coughing, Chitin tried his best to get rid of the horrid taste in his mouth. Looking to Ivy for some form of understanding at what exactly he had just drank.

Morningglory
Is a pony

Postby Morningglory » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:36 pm

Ivy's eyes widened in surprise at her companion's sudden reaction, "Are you alright? That was the spiked punch. I guess you don't have much experience with alcohol." She patted him on the back gingerly, "It's alright. I'm not really one for alcohol either. I think the other punch is non-alcoholic. We can get that taste out of your mouth." She said calmly, pouring the non-alcoholic punch into a glass. She handed it to him gently and gave him an apologetic smile, "Sorry about that. I didn't know you would react so poorly to alcohol. Is that not something you guys have where you come from?"

TwentySided

Postby TwentySided » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:03 pm

"Alcohol?" Chitin asked mid cough, making a note to avoid the stuff at all costs, grateful for the new drink, quickly drinking the beverage, hoping to washout the atrocious taste. "Ah...no, no we don't really have anything like that, at least not to my knowledge. We don't really need it since we don't usually eat or drink, save for water. We get all the nutrients we need from various emotions. Why in the Queen's name would you make something that tastes so horrible?" Chitin asked, looking once again to the spiked punch.

Morningglory
Is a pony

Postby Morningglory » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:51 pm

Ivy let out a nervous laugh, "I really wish I could tell you. It has intoxicating effects, much like some toxins and plants. Many call it a social lubricant, because it makes them loosen up and let go of their inhibitions." She said with a shrug. "The taste is rather appalling, but from what I understand, it is an acquired taste. I've not really acquired said taste. I prefer water, or fruit juice." She said, finding a seat and sitting down, straightening her skirt under her. She pushed her bangs off her face and tilted her head questioningly, "So, feeding on emotions. What is that like? I mean, I don't think you could explain it to me any more than I can explain cake. That's alright. I can bet that a university would be like a 40 course banquet, what with all the emotions ponies on this campus seem to have... all the time... at each other." She said, drifting off, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend. I'm just not very... social, I guess. I'm a little rusty with talking to others. Plants don't usually care what you say."

Korkoa
Site Admin / Pyro
Site Admin / Pyro

Postby Korkoa » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:24 am

Booster had been hanging out by the punch when River asked him to go get his iPod, and he began to dig in his pocket for the key to his room when Prism walked up. The short stallion grinned at his friend and nodded. "Aye, I'm excited to maybe have some company around here too! I'd love to dance in a bit, so long as ye donnae think it'll upset Silver. I know me an' her arenae a thing ever since we uh... Found out, but she's still yer friend an' I wouldnae wanna make things awkward between ye two." He said, finally pulling the key out of his pocket.

TwentySided

Postby TwentySided » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:09 am

Alcohol? Was this the reason that the loners in parties always seemed so easy to lead away? Now he really needed to make sure to keep far away from this stuff. "Um, I mean I guess you could say that it is." Chitin replied, "I mean I wasn't on the campus for that long, but yes it was rather filled with every emotion I had ever seen. It honestly makes me wonder why we hadn't tried to integrate sooner now that I think about it. I guess I could try and explain it to you, I mean it wouldn't be the most interesting conversation in the world. Maybe when we go to the green house and aren't in such a loud environment." Chitin grinned, hoping that he wasn't being to forward through all of this, after all he had just met the girl. "You could have fooled me with being socially awkward that is, I mean we've been talking for so long and you don't seem to be having any problems with it."

Knight Tyrfang
Is a cackling Pony

Postby Knight Tyrfang » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:10 pm

Delightful Payne Jr.
Apartments - ΨΩΦ Floor

Payne was trying to review the application process for new applicants in her head, to keep herself from minding the guests that much. After all, one just transformed to look like one of the other guests in all forms multiple times, and the others seemed to be basket cases of some sort.

She was pulled out of her reverie, when a partygoer came up to her. Payne was surprised at the handshake. "Oh, thank you. It took us a couple hours, and I think River deserves most of the credit. My name's Payne, I'm one of the groups coordinators."

Morningglory
Is a pony

Postby Morningglory » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:55 am

Ivy smiled faintly, trying hard to keep the edge of her mouth from falling. She looked away, vaguely surveying the rest of the party, "It's just that... Most ponies think I'm that weird plant pony, or that I'm boring, or that I take my studies too seriously, so, for the most part, other ponies just don't talk to me." She folded her hands in her lap to keep from wringing them, "Sometimes they might take a minute out of their day to bully me, or try to copy my homework, but for the most part, they act like I don't exist." She said faintly, her crimson gaze coming back to Chitin, "Lens is a different case. She stood up for me to the Tristomps, the fraternity on campus, and ever since, they've had something of a vendetta against her, and me by proxy. She made them look like fools in front of the entire cafeteria. Not like they needed much help."

She tilted her head, thick red curls spilling over her shoulder, "For the most part, I was ok with them not talking to me. Most of the other mares my age only seemed interested in stallions, and stallions only seemed interested in... well, exactly what you think they'd be interested in. I'm not very good with social cues, or body language." She said with a shrug. "But, enough about me. That's pretty boring." She said, looking around, swallowing her nerves. "Besides, there are so many other ponies, and Lens kind of forced you to talk to me. You can't want to just sit here and listen to me complain all evening."

TwentySided

Postby TwentySided » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:42 am

Chitin listened to the mare as she talked about the hardships she had endured due to her likes and hobbies, all the while grimacing as he watched her aura change and grow heavy. He had screwed up, that much was certain. Grabbing a nearby chair, the changeling sat next to Ivy "I...I don't mind that Len's introduced me to you first. Well, I've had a lot of fun here, talking to you. I don't think you're boring or all that serious. And well, at least you haven't been hiding behind a mask your whole life. You've always been able to be exactly who you want to be." the changeling said with a nervous grin, "Each day I don't know who or what I'm going to be. Sometimes an athlete," Chitin said, shifting to a brown earthpony he had replaced a few months back, for a couple days, "other times a businesspony, hiding an affair from their spouse." once again a change, this time to a pegasus in a suit, before switching back to his normal form, "All because I have to, to survive. At least at the end of the day, you know who you are."

Morningglory
Is a pony

Postby Morningglory » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:53 am

She let out a soft chuckle, and a soft smile. "Well, you don't have to do that anymore, now that you're here. From what Lens says, it's best to be yourself. And if you're not really sure who that is, I had a lot of teachers at the all-mares boarding school I went to that said college is where you really find yourself." She said reassuringly. She reached out to pat his hand, "Some ponies spend their whole lives finding out who they are. And there's nothing wrong with that. I just knew what I was meant to do when I was young, but that doesn't mean that you have to know what you want to do with your life right this instant. Not at all. That's what growing up is all about, I think." She said thoughtfully, "Besides, this, I'm pretty sure, is a completely different culture than you're used to. I think the only pony you could disappoint here is yourself." She said, her scarlet eyes turned upwards in thought.

TwentySided

Postby TwentySided » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:42 pm

"Yeah...yeah it is rather much all at once." Chitin replied, trying to fully understand what Ivy had told him. In the Hive he had a purpose, he had a place, hunter, plain and simple, just like all of the others. But out here he didn't know what he was going to do. He felt ultimately lost when it came to everything around him conversation with other species while openly appearing as a changeling, not needing to hunt and harvest emotion, and actually coming into one of these parties instead of stalking outside them. "Well, at least I found someone I can and want talk to about all this. I guess you could say that it's a step in the right direction."

Lucy Took
Iceberg of Friendship
Iceberg of Friendship

Postby Lucy Took » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:38 am

"Well I'll have to try some of River's goodies, they smell good." Chroma said to Payne. "Coordinators? So you're in charge of the new experimental fraternity, it's a good idea, and I like the set up you have" the bat pony said, looking around at the open apartments. "Seems homier than the dorms."

Prism thought for a moment. "Well...Maybe if you danced with a couple of girls, not just me it wouldn't be as awkward. If you were dancing with a lot of people then it's not even weird to include Silver! You could even dance with River if we're doing it as friends, no need to pair off, it's a making friends party!"
~If this should end in fire, then we should all burn together~

Morningglory
Is a pony

Postby Morningglory » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:45 am

Ivy could feel herself begin to blush, and pushed her glasses back up her face. "Well... I'm glad you feel that way. You're quite nice to talk to as well. I think this is the longest conversation I've had with anyone but the deans in a rather long time." She said softly. She leaned her back against the back of the chair and smiled sweetly, "To be honest, it has been refreshing, to talk to someone who isn't Lens or a dean." She let out a sigh, like a breath she'd been holding for a very long time. "I'm sure you'll be able to adjust. You seem to be doing alright already. How are you liking your first real party?"

TwentySided

Postby TwentySided » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:58 am

"I'm glad I can be of such help, but, um," Chitin stuttered looking out to the rest of the apartment, some ponies were dancing others were talking, movement, there was movement everywhere but no real end goal for all this movement. "It's not what I expected, the party I mean. There is so much going on in here, but yet at the same time, so little actually being done. Like a swarm with no direction or two many matriarchs. More so I have to question why anyone would want to ingest, what was it? Alcohol? You said it hampers one's faculties so wouldn't it then just be a hinderance on everyone?"

Morningglory
Is a pony

Postby Morningglory » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:06 am

"You'd think so." Ivy said with a chuckle, "But some ponies like the feeling alcohol gives them. I think they call it a buzz. It supposedly makes it easier to talk to other ponies, and relaxing to the nerves. I have never been a fan, and the taste is something of an acquired taste, much like coffee or foreign food." She said, her hands moving along with her words. "And parties aren't really meant to have purpose or function. The only thing they are meant for is being around other ponies and getting to know them better, I think. I mean some ponies dance with the music, and some ponies use such social functions to pair off, or find mates. I haven't ever really been fond of parties either. Too many ponies, not enough to really relate to. I only came because Lens wouldn't have stopped pestering if I didn't." She paused and looked at Chitin, giving him a sweet smile, "But, I'm kind of glad I came to this one. This has been much better than I anticipated, the spiked punch aside."

TwentySided

Postby TwentySided » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:23 am

Maybe there was more to these parties than he had originally thought. All around the moods and auras were like that of a kaleidoscope, ranging in all forms, he could even see mix of love, which he did not really expect to see in the air of this place. Maybe Ivy was right about all that she said, though how could anyone find a mate in such a place. It seemed rather unheard of at least to his ears.

"I'm glad to." Chitin replied, returning the smile. Around Ivy the changeling could see the shift in her aura, to that of a nice rich green, almost blending with her own coat. "Your aura really suits you." the changeling said unconsciously.

Morningglory
Is a pony

Postby Morningglory » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:29 am

Ivy snapped to attention, almost like she had woken from a dream. "Hmm? My aura suits me?" She queried, blinking a couple of times, "I've never seen an aura before, so I'm afraid I don't entirely follow. But, that sounded like a compliment." She said with a gentle smile, "So thank you. Does that mean that you can see what ponies are thinking, or feeling?" She asked gently, "Do you see it as color, or texture, or is it more a feeling kind of thing? She asked, genuinely interested.

Return to “Equestria University (RP)”