Dorms & Apartments, Ch 2

Enter Luna University near scenic Salt Lick City.
TwentySided
Site Admin / Benevolent One

Re: Dorms & Apartments, Ch 2

Postby TwentySided » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:48 pm

Double Edge - Campus Dorms - Rose's dorm room

"Where to begin, where to begin," Double asked more himself than anything else, looking over the well organized room. It was rather fascinating to "Well it seems you have a good idea on what is what and how to tell them all apart. But the more pressing portion is how do you tell what is lights, what is darks, and what are whites. Unfortunately just throwing things into the washer can causing colors to bleed into one another, so unless you want to dye everything tie dye and eventually all browns, we need to figure that out. Hmm." Double bit his thumb, trying to think of something, raising an eyebrow as a thought came to mind, "Hey you think its true about that whole idea of one sense failing the others are much stronger?" He asked, walking out of the room and back to his pack.

Rummaging through it the zebra pulled out two small vials, each filled with thin colorless oils, checking their labels, he walked back into the room, "I ask because there's something that I like to do with my rapier, coat it in a fragrant oil, it gives the opponent a bit more information for their minds to process, giving me a bit of an advantage. Maybe it can work here." He theorized, popping the vail labeled vanilla, putting the open container underneath Rose's nose, "Personally I enjoy these two scents." Pulling the first vial away, he corked it before showing the second, lavender, bottle. "Maybe we can use these, mix them with the loads of laundry. That way you can tell what's a light, whats a dark, and whites smell of bleach and chlorine, so they already have something for them."

Liberty_Walk
Is a not so serious Pony

Postby Liberty_Walk » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:01 pm

The smallish Gryphon grins at Kimi, "Oh, now that's just horrible, those are cute!" he blushes a little as he realized how quickly he blurted that out, "Sorry, I mean... Well, no, I meant what I said, those are cute little horns. I just don't want you to think I'm hitting on you, we've just met, and you're a ..." He snaps his beak shut, "Okay, digging a hole here..."
When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.
-Albert Einstein
Liberty's theme

Morningglory
Is a pony

Postby Morningglory » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:19 pm

Serenade glanced between the two of them and a sly grin spread across her red lips, despite herself, and she fought the urge to rub her hands together. "Well, would you look at that, I think one of River's friends has arrived. I'd best go introduce myself. I think this will take me a while. You two have fun with the rest of the party!" She said, a giggle betraying her intention to leave them alone together. She gave Kimi a big hug back and made her way across the room to River's side.

The mare that had just arrived didn't seem to sit still at all, darting eyes and twitchy hands and all. Serenade could only cock her head in a mild confusion and barely introduce herself. "Um, hi there! I'm Starlit Serenade..." She said as the mare continued to talk rapidly to River. "Are you a friend of River's?" She asked slowly.

captain_borgue
Is a cackling Pony

Postby captain_borgue » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:18 pm

Liberty_Walk wrote:The smallish Gryphon grins at Kimi, "Oh, now that's just horrible, those are cute!" he blushes a little as he realized how quickly he blurted that out, "Sorry, I mean... Well, no, I meant what I said, those are cute little horns. I just don't want you to think I'm hitting on you, we've just met, and you're a ..." He snaps his beak shut, "Okay, digging a hole here..."

Kimi laughed. "Heh, that's the first time I've ever heard that before," she said. "I don't get hit on all that much, but the horn thing? Yeah, nobody's ever said that to me before. Though now you've got my curiosity piqued," she said, moving closer to him. "You said I was something. What were you about to say?" she said softly, giving him a sultry look. Or at least, what felt like a sultry look. She'd never really practiced being seductive before, aside from-

Oh, right... she was dating someone else. Another griffon, no less. And yet, Kimi didn't feel guilty. She felt more curious that anything else, about what it was that Storm had stopped himself from calling her.

Rose smiled and let out a happy sigh as she smelled the offered vials. "Oooh, that's nice. I like this idea. Lavender is one of my favorite scents. But, how is scented laundry gonna help me?" Rose asked, confused. "So would it, like, be vanilla for shirts and lavender for undies?" Rose asked. "And why would- oh! Rose exclaimed, as it occurred to her finally what Double was driving at. "So like, this is a colors thing then. But, how do I know what colors are what? the smell good plan won't work right away," Rose said, still confused.

"So assuming we can figure out the sorting part, what's next?"

TwentySided

Postby TwentySided » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:41 am

"Well, luckily we should only need to sort the colors into three categories, lights, darks and whites. The lights will smell of lavender, the darks, vanilla, and the whites already get a smell from the chlorine used in most bleaches. Both the lights and darks are for your shirts dresses, shorts, et cetera, so the smells should allow you to tell those apart. While whites are socks, underwear and white t-shirts. We'll have to think of something for those, unless you want me to go get a third vial, I do have orange peel if you think that might help." Double said, starting to gesture to his bag, then realizing that only he would be seeing it, "Anyways, Tiny and I can help get it started so the smells really cling to those categories. The other categories of laundry are a lot easier for you, jeans, and delicates, both of which you can simply tell by feel. Jeans being, jeans, and delicates being silks, and well, thin material similar to silk, lets just say that. Aside from that, we need to think of away for you to tell detergent from bleach, and how to correctly select the right washing mode." Double thought for a moment. He couldn't use smells for the cycles. But maybe he could use Rose's sense of touch. "Okay well I'll need to see the washer but I think I might have an idea. Most washers have it labeled for each type of cycle, warm for whites, cold for mostly everything else. But if I can see the washer, I don't know we could easily cut in grooves that spell warm, and cold. That way you can tell what each setting is, and detergents and bleach again could be either relied on smell or we could get some tape and punch some braille into the tape, lay it over the container and you should feel the holes."

captain_borgue
Is a cackling Pony

Postby captain_borgue » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:38 am

"Heh, I wish I owned silks. I bet it's really comfy," Rose said, giggling. "I don't know if the school would let us mark their washing machines. Is there anything else we can do? Like a sound, maybe? There's already a scent thing. Like, if there's a noise it makes? Or a knob that clicks? I could count the clicks. I like the idea of label makering the detergent thing. Ok, so... sorting and something about washers. So how do I detergent?"

TwentySided

Postby TwentySided » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:03 am

"Never said anything about them letting us, but I suppose you're right, better not to get the school you're attending mad at you." Double replied with a shrug. "Well yeah you could definitely count the clicks, that would probably work a lot easier and have a lot less destruction to property, and detergent, well from what I've always used the lid is the same amount you need to pour, so if you just have your thumb a bit inward, you can feel when it hits the lip of the cap. Pour it in, and really I think that's about it. Well I mean aside from drying but that would be the same thing as the washer, count the clicks to the right setting, and they all take the same setting so no real difficulty there." Double said thinking it over a bit more. He couldn't think of anything more aside from folding but that was only if Rose actually wanted to learn about that.

Liberty_Walk
Is a not so serious Pony

Postby Liberty_Walk » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:50 am

captain_borgue wrote:Kimi laughed. "Heh, that's the first time I've ever heard that before," she said. "I don't get hit on all that much, but the horn thing? Yeah, nobody's ever said that to me before. Though now you've got my curiosity piqued," she said, moving closer to him. "You said I was something. What were you about to say?" she said softly, giving him a sultry look. Or at least, what felt like a sultry look. She'd never really practiced being seductive before, aside from-

Oh, right... she was dating someone else. Another griffon, no less. And yet, Kimi didn't feel guilty. She felt more curious that anything else, about what it was that Storm had stopped himself from calling her

Ah. Hell's bells, it's not... I... You're a... A girl." he blushes, "sorry, not like you hadn't noticed, I'm sure, but, see, I'm not particularly into girls." he pauses, fight or flight warring in his head with a desire to meet new people, "so, yeah. Super stereotype, here, heh..."
When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.
-Albert Einstein
Liberty's theme

captain_borgue
Is a cackling Pony

Postby captain_borgue » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:15 am

Liberty_Walk wrote:Ah. Hell's bells, it's not... I... You're a... A girl." he blushes, "sorry, not like you hadn't noticed, I'm sure, but, see, I'm not particularly into girls." he pauses, fight or flight warring in his head with a desire to meet new people, "so, yeah. Super stereotype, here, heh..."

"Really?" Kimi said, genuinely surprised. "Fascinating. So then, the compliment has no ulterior motive behind it, I take it?" Kimi added, now more curious than ever about this strange new griffon. "That's twice you have surprised me, Storm Chaser. Oh, I'd love to pick your brain, I can only imagine how interesting your life's experiences have been!" she added, enthusiastically. "Sorry about hitting on you earlier. I have a... fondness for griffons, and I've been drinking because I am usually very reserved, and I was trying to loosen up. And tried a bit too much, probably."

"Well, that sounds easy enough. So let's try it!" Rose said, scooping up a pile of dirty clothes, with bits of clothes falling out of the pile in her arms. "Ok so here's a thought- how are we supposed to get all this to the laundry room? I don't know how Tiny does it, but this seems... inefficient," Rose said, setting the pile on her bed. "Thanks, Double. I know this is probably pretty weird for a date. But it can't be all bad, right? After all, you did get to see my room. I don't even get to do that," rose said giggling.

Liberty_Walk
Is a not so serious Pony

Postby Liberty_Walk » Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:17 pm

captain_borgue wrote:"Really?" Kimi said, genuinely surprised. "Fascinating. So then, the compliment has no ulterior motive behind it, I take it?" Kimi added, now more curious than ever about this strange new griffon. "That's twice you have surprised me, Storm Chaser. Oh, I'd love to pick your brain, I can only imagine how interesting your life's experiences have been!" she added, enthusiastically. "Sorry about hitting on you earlier. I have a... fondness for griffons, and I've been drinking because I am usually very reserved, and I was trying to loosen up. And tried a bit too much, probably."

"Aheh, no, no ulterior motive, I assure you. Though, I'll admit, even if I'm not attracted to you, I'm flattered that you'd hit on me, it's certainly an ego boost. I'm not above flirting with the ladies, even though it's not going anywhere." he scuffs the ground with his toe, "I'm not that good at it, but... I'm not above it, either." The gryphon's getting a little more relaxed, easing into conversation a little better.
-Albert Einstein
Liberty's theme

captain_borgue
Is a cackling Pony

Postby captain_borgue » Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:11 am

Liberty_Walk wrote:"Aheh, no, no ulterior motive, I assure you. Though, I'll admit, even if I'm not attracted to you, I'm flattered that you'd hit on me, it's certainly an ego boost. I'm not above flirting with the ladies, even though it's not going anywhere." he scuffs the ground with his toe, "I'm not that good at it, but... I'm not above it, either." The gryphon's getting a little more relaxed, easing into conversation a little better.

"Well, sounds like we both got an ego stroking, so to speak," Kimi said, smiling. "Does this mean you'll be joining this cadre of weirdos?"

Despite a rocky start, laundry turned out to be easier than Rose had thought. At least, the third or fourth time, at any rate. The first time had been... well it was best not to dwell on it. At the moment though, Rose's room smelled like lavender and vanilla, since Rose had accidentally put too much in with the laundry. The nice thing was that it made the post-wash sorting easier. "I'd say our first real date is going pretty well for you. I mean, ice cream with a cute girl, followed by going back to her place and fondling her undies. good times, right?" Rose said, needling Double. she'd been giving him a hard time for most of the day, but it felt nice to be able to joke around with him. They'd been sort of dating for a while, so it was refreshing to get to act like it.

TwentySided

Postby TwentySided » Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:29 am

Getting off his hooves, Double let out a sigh as he sat on Rose's bed. "Oh yes the fondling was quite enjoyable, better still because I didn't get slapped doing it. Yes, yes I'll have to come her more often" Double answered in kind, "But what about you, you certainly can't say that this evening was just for me. Come on, ice cream with a handsome stallion, learning how to do laundry, and just smell the room, its like being in a field of flowers. You can't put a price on that." Getting up from the bed, Double wrapped his arms around the mare. "I can't think of a better way to have spent the evening." he adding kissing the mare

Liberty_Walk
Is a not so serious Pony

Postby Liberty_Walk » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:56 am

"I'm not entirely sure. I've only met you and River in any real way. Though, if either of you is an example of the members here, I'd be happy to." Storm smiles up at Kimi, "You think you could introduce me to anyone else here? Not that I'm not enjoying talking to you, mind. I just came here to try and break out of a little self-imposed shell. Makin one friend is good, but just talking to a few people is even better."
-Albert Einstein
Liberty's theme

Lucy Took
Iceberg of Friendship
Iceberg of Friendship

Postby Lucy Took » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:00 am

River and Tarnished's room-Next Morning

River awoke to the smell of breakfast. While she normally was the one that cooked breakfast it wasn't odd waking to the smell of it, Booster made his own eggs and bacon fairly often and sometimes the other denizens of the apartment would get the morning urge. From the lack of warmth from the other side of the bed she figured it must be Tarnished in the kitchen. After laying around for a couple of minutes she rolled out of bed and took a shower, taking her time before coming out and starting the complicated trick of putting on her corset. She'd gotten used to wearing it by now, but it still felt odd to have her magic pulling the strings instead of the faster and tighter aura of one of her sisters.
~If this should end in fire, then we should all burn together~

Morningglory
Is a pony

Postby Morningglory » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:46 am

Zee Next Morning...

Lens woke up late in the morning, which was no surprise to her. She and Chroma had stayed up until nearly three, when she finally fell asleep. She felt warm all over and found his arm and one of his wings draped over her. She grinned silently to herself and rolled over in his arms. He was sleeping like a rock. She leaned her face into his chest and nuzzled, breathing in deeply. The smell of his deodorant, sweat and sleep filled her lungs and she let out a contented sigh. She shifted a bit and could clearly feel that they were both in their pajamas, and she was rather alright with that. They had been taking it slow, and she wouldn't have it any other way.

She didn't want to wake him, but the clear grumbling of her stomach would if she didn't put something in it soon. She gave him one more gentle kiss on the cheek and slipped out from under his arm. She picked up a pair of his jeans off the floor and slipped them on over her slim hips, and threw on her shirt from the night before over her pajama tank top. She slipped into a pair of her tennis shoes she kept at his place and slid out the door quietly, silently promising to be back soon.

She didn't really feel like cafeteria food, and there were plenty of cute cafes nearby that would probably still have breakfast pastries. She took a quick jaunt off the campus and across the street into one of the less crowded cafes. She ducked through the door and walked up to the counter, and ordered a few random breakfast pastries and two large cups of coffee. She paid for her booty and gathered it into a bag and a cup holder and hurried back onto campus.

Just as she started making her way over towards the dorms, near the Equuleus building, a group of the Tri-Stomps flew past her in a hurry, one of them purposefully knocking into her as he passed, nearly spilling the hot coffee in her hands. However, her response time was faster than he might have anticipated, as she slipped one long slender leg in front of his feet, catching him just at the ankle and causing him to trip, and land sprawled out on the concrete. She smirked at his collapsed form and feigned an apology, "I'm so sorry. That concrete just reached right up and grabbed you. You poor baby." She said dramatically, the look on her face not even remotely sorry. She could see him starting to turn around to say something to her, but was quickly rebuked by his leader. They seemed to be in a much bigger hurry for some other quarry. He glared at her and swore under his breath, but took off in the other direction. She called after him mockingly, "Do be careful, little boy. Mommy's not here to kiss your boo boos."

Content that the frat boys had moved on, she hurried back to the dorms, and slipped back into her beloved's room quietly. She put out the pastries on a paper plate and set the coffees on the table. She turned and looked at her boyfriend, sprawled across the bed and giggled quietly. He looked so peaceful that she just didn't want to wake him. But the coffee would get cold if she didn't, so she gently kissed him on the lips. "Breakfast time, love. Time to wake up." She murmured.

Lucy Took
Iceberg of Friendship
Iceberg of Friendship

Postby Lucy Took » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:56 am

Chroma's eyes fluttered open. He sometimes had a hard time crawling out of sleep if he was woken up and it wasn't on his body's terms. Today was no exeption to that, even though his eyes were giving him a nice sight and he started to smell the coffee. "Morning love" he groaned, starting to sit up still half asleep, starting to rub his eyes. "You made coffee? Thanks, I think I'm going to need it. Good thing I don't have to function today. How did you sleep?"

Morningglory
Is a pony

Postby Morningglory » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:02 am

Lens gently brushed her hand along his shoulder, and leaned her face against his neck. "Like the dead. I slept so hard I thought I'd sleep through the whole weekend." She said playfully, slipping an arm around him and hugging is still sleepy form. "And I didn't make coffee. I went to the cafe off campus and bought some, and breakfast pastries too. I can't make a good cup of coffee to save my soul." She said sweetly. She got up and brought the coffee to him. "Just the way you like it, Chroma love." She said brightly and snuggled up close to him. "And that one is all yours. I have my own over there on the desk."

Lucy Took
Iceberg of Friendship
Iceberg of Friendship

Postby Lucy Took » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:12 am

"That was sweet of you." he said, pecking her on the check before sipping the coffee and setting it on the table. "And it is pretty good, just one of those days that sleep doesn't want to let go. Sorry that I'm boring." He closed his eyes and put a wing back around Lens again. "Too bad a kiss won't keep me up, then we'd have no troubles"

Morningglory
Is a pony

Postby Morningglory » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:22 am

She giggled and leaned back into him, tucking her wings tight into her back. His chest was warm against her back and shoulders and she let out a comfortable sigh. "You're not boring, babe. You're awesome." She murmured, the warmth of his skin heating through her shirt and warming the slight chill in her flesh. "Besides, it's Saturday. We could spend the whole day napping and cuddling if you want. I've got nowhere I've got to be. And there's nowhere I'd rather be than here." She whispered in his ear, her lips brushing his ear with every syllable.

Lucy Took
Iceberg of Friendship
Iceberg of Friendship

Postby Lucy Took » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:25 am

Chroma sunk back into his bed and pulled a blanket over both of them. "Thanks, a nap is what I need." He said, kissing her on his way back down. "I bet you didn't plan on working your weekends around a narcoleptic bat pony when you came to school."

Return to “Equestria University (RP)”