Dorms & Apartments, Ch 2

Enter Luna University near scenic Salt Lick City.
captain_borgue
Is a cackling Pony

Re: Dorms & Apartments, Ch 2

Postby captain_borgue » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:46 pm

Nova wasn't sure what to make of Lens Flare- she was, a bit daunting. "Yeah, so... now that everypony has sufficiently stared at the hot mess that is me, I think I'm just gonna..." Nova said, pointing to her room and slinking off in that direction. "No offense, but I can't really handle everypony here looking at me, let alone being on film," she said to Lens, before ducking out.

"Okay, can we not go pointing firearms at anypony?" Kimi said, crossly. "There's already enough weirdness in this place, bullet holes in the walls or worse isn't going to help anything."

Lucy Took
Iceberg of Friendship
Iceberg of Friendship

Postby Lucy Took » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:12 pm

River sighed as Tarnished got up. He was right of course, and she didn't blame him at all for wanting to see what was going on, Double was the quietest of their room mates and something going on in his room meant there wasn't much chance of them getting much quiet alone time anyway. "Looks like Double doesn't care about the cold." she said, throwing on the first casual dress from her closet and heading out and listening to what was going on.

"Sharp Wit? The stallion that wasnea feelin' well yesterday? What would ye have to do with that? It was a pity he wasnea feelin' well, and it was good fer the team that ye were able to step in and take his place and do a fine job of securing the match."it dawned on her what was being implied. " I suppose to an outsider it looks a wee bit like ye took advantage of the situation or even caused it with yer skills. But anypony that would ever think that of ye doesnea know the first thing about ye. Ye're a good swordspony, there's no doubt about that, but yer not a spotlight seeker. Anypony can see that."
~If this should end in fire, then we should all burn together~

MagusZeal
Site Admin / Lore Master
Site Admin / Lore Master

Postby MagusZeal » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:26 pm

Tarnished Repute
Apartment 420 – Living room

“That's odd, almost like they suspect it was something more then Wit feeling ill.” Dropping onto the sofa Tarnished seems to ponder something, “So how many alchemy students are there on campus Double?”

captain_borgue
Is a cackling Pony

Postby captain_borgue » Sat May 09, 2015 1:58 pm

Kerrigan made her way across the campus, heading towards Phi Omega Psi. It was about time she checked in on them, if only to see how those in the chapter who were also her patients were coping with things. Chitin's recovery weighed heavy on her mind, and it was more than professionalism that drove her to check on him. Kerrigan opened the door and headed towards the kitchen, though there was a lingering acrid scent on the air that she couldn't quite place. Much to her surprise, not only were all of her patients there, but Longshot was as well.

"Good morning, everypony. I am a little surprised to see you here, Longshot, but good morning to you, as well," she said, noting the weapon drawn. Nopony looked afraid though, and she did not detect any scent markers for fear. So he was not perceived as a threat to any of them, at least- which implied that this was defensive, not aggressive. "I do not believe this would be an appropriate place for a firing demonstration," Kerrigan said, fighting back the urge to crack down on drawing a firearm on campus. "I see you have met much of the chapter. I do hope my presence is not intruding on anything," Kerrigan added.

"Though everypony being in one is remarkably convenient for me, it is not conducive to confidentiality issues. That being said, what happened here? There's an acrid scent on the air," Kerrigan said, her tongue flicking out to taste the air. "I do hope nopony was injured. Speaking of- where is Chitin? I am eager to see if this domicile is proving beneficial to his recovery."

White Mocha
Is a Sane Pony

Postby White Mocha » Sat May 09, 2015 7:01 pm

Longshot
Dorms - Psi Omega Phi main room

Longshot scowling out the window, making sure the pegasus had flown off when the dragon walked in. He holstered the pistol at the firing demonstration comment, though waited for her to finish speaking before responding. "We already kind of had a confidentiality issue, some pegasus was taking pictures through the window so Chitin hurried out of here," he gestured in the direction he ran off in. "You're taking care of him too, huh?"
We are what we repeatedly do.

Longshot's Theme

TwentySided
Site Admin / Benevolent One

Postby TwentySided » Wed May 27, 2015 10:07 pm

Chitin - Psi Omega Phi main room - Away from Group

Seeing the flashing of the camera, Chitin couldn't help himself but run away from the photographer. It was more or less instinct, he had always been taught to never be caught on camera, disguised and especially otherwise. Even disguised ponies could eventually find flaws in the appearance, maybe missing a freckle or a small mark on the wrong side. Give anyone enough time staring at a still image and they can find something. But now, even though technically he was allowed to be seen as who he was, he couldn't help but run. It was so ingrained in his mind to fear cameras and being caught in their gaze.

Reaching the door to his dorm, he laid back, careful to be away from any windows. He didn't want to be seen like that again, anything but that. Trying to catch his breath, he was beginning to realize how difficult this task was going to be. Ponies that had all rights to not trust him, some even hating him, cameras and photographers more than likely hunting him for what he was. He had found some good but did it really outweigh the bad? He still couldn't fully decide. It was beginning to be all to much...and it had only been two days.

-----------------------------------

Double Edge - Apartment 420 – Living room

"W-well, if you saw him at the match he seemed perfectly fine. No cough or anything wrong, but, I don't know maybe I just missed something?" Double answered, thinking back to the few nights ago. It seemed so long, most of that evening had been pushed aside for memories of him and Rose. He was quickly starting to regret not taking closer heed. "B-but there are a few of us, I think in Dr.Shard's class alone there are about five or six of us. Why do you ask Tarnished?"

captain_borgue
Is a cackling Pony

Postby captain_borgue » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:34 pm

White Mocha wrote:Longshot

Longshot scowling out the window, making sure the pegasus had flown off when the dragon walked in. He holstered the pistol at the firing demonstration comment, though waited for her to finish speaking before responding. "We already kind of had a confidentiality issue, some pegasus was taking pictures through the window so Chitin hurried out of here," he gestured in the direction he ran off in. "You're taking care of him too, huh?"

"In a manner of speaking. Chitin is unique among the students here, and I believe he will thrive, given the right circumstances. He is not, however, a patient of mine, so my involvement in his care is more of an advisory role than a treating one," Kerrigan said, walking into the kitchen. The scent was stronger here- her tongue flicked more quickly, trying to pinpoint the source of that acrid, bitter taste. Whatever it was, everypony had cleaned up after themselves remarkably well- there was no visible sign of anything amiss. It was as good a result as could be expected. "It is unfortunate, but not entirely unexpected. Many ponies would be curious about him, and may simply lack any sense of privacy. I doubt we will see any sign of hostility from this point forward, as I have taken measures to ensure that anypony thinking violence is an appropriate response to an unsual new student will find themselves in an untenable situation," Kerrigan added, with a slight hiss.

"At any rate- the chief reason I have stopped by is to check on my actual patients- namely, Mr. Ataxia and Ms. Plato. Have you seen either of them? A batpony male and a Hippogriff female?"

White Mocha
Is a Sane Pony

Postby White Mocha » Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:56 pm

[b]Longshot

Longshot chuckled, "So you really are hording 'unusual equines.' Well, sorry but I haven't either of them. Also sorry I missed that tour you were going to give me, but I was actually the one to find Chitin after he ran from his doctors. I hope you can see how that'd be more important. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go check on Chitin. He seemed pretty spooked."

Longshot left only to be faced with numbered doors and no idea which might be Chitin's. He returned briefly to ask, but spotted the white board listing names and room numbers. He went back and knocked quietly on the changeling's door before opening it just enough to speak through it. "Hey, Chitin? It's just Longshot. You alright?"

Longshot's Theme

TwentySided
Site Admin / Benevolent One

Postby TwentySided » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:30 am

Chitin - Psi Omega Phi main room - Away from Group

Fleeing back to the room he now called his own, th changeling held a hand to his chest, feeling the quickened pace of his heart, a few deep breaths to try and calm himself down. "It's alright Chitin, it was just a...a...camera. But, but you can't be afraid of that now you, you aren't in disguise. There is no reason-" hearing the door behind him begin to open, the changeling spun around, his magic instinctively, but futilely activating, ending up to only change his eye colors to a bright red, and hair dark blue.

Seeing no one actually come through, but hearing a familiar voice, Chitin's nerves began to ease.

"Hey, Chitin? It's just Longshot. You alright?"

"I-I don't know..." Chitin stuttered, falling to his plot in a nearby chair. "I-I-I just don't know! I'm having to rewire basic instinct! And, and I don't know if I can do it! Camera's should be feared! Never get your picture taken! Ponies should never see you in your actual form! Feed, do not feel! Your life is to the hive! The Hive provides! Never get separated from your brood! I just...how can someone go from one place to another and expect to change so instantly! Why wasn't I sent with a brood instead of alone! Why isn't the Hive providing?"

captain_borgue
Is a cackling Pony

Postby captain_borgue » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:50 am

"Of course, and he is most fortunate that you did," Kerrigan said, as Longshot left to go find Chitin. Kerrigan couldn't help but overhear their conversation- though it would have been difficult not to, given the immediacy in Chitin's voice. "I have some experience in being the odd one, myself," Kerrigan said, calmly, as she approached. "My Clan was one the first Dragon clans to agree to peace with Equestria. I went to school amongst equines, and was the only dragon in all of my classes- and the only dragon most of my peers had ever seen. I know what it's like to be the only one of your kind, to hear whispers as you walk past a group of equines, to be paranoid that every flashing light in your peripheral vision is somepony trying to catch a glimpse of you," Kerrigan said, casually flicking her tongue. That acrid taste was much lessened this far from the kitchen. Interesting.

"I tried, unsuccessfully, to emulate my equine peers when I was young, which only seemed to alienate me further. It was in my time in University- this university, to be precise- that I made a discovery. Simply put, it was entirely irrelevant whether I tried to get equines to like me or not- those that enjoyed my company did so absent of any deliberate effort on my part, and those who disliked me would continue to do so, no matter what I did. And upon making this realization, I discovered that despite being of a different species, I was never truly alone. One of the most admirable qualities of Equines is their capacity to overlook such trivialities as race or species or gender. You have friends here- Longshot, for example, who has known you for about a day. Miss Alistair, for another, who cares for you enough that she defended you against ruffians even though she would not defend herself against their ilk," Kerrigan added.

"I do not know how Hive social strata operate or how provisions are divided within the Hive, nor will I presume to know. But the Hive sent you here expecting you to be able to survive the experience, so clearly they have faith in your abilities, even if it does not seem that way. On the matter of feeding, however, I think I can be more directly useful to you. I have need of a new clerical assistant- the position would expose you to a wide variety of emotions, and your insight as to which emotion and its intensity would provide valuable data that will help me treat my patients. Two of which live here, by the way. If you don't want to, nopony is going to force you," Kerrigan said, turning around to leave. "Give it some thought and let me know," she said, walking away.

Kerrigan consulting the living arrangements whiteboard in the kitchen, and briefly entertained the idea of 'popping in' on Coma and Telemachus, but decided against it for the time being. House calls were not something her variety of doctor typically performed, for one. She quickly tapped out an email and sent it to both of them, asking how they liked the living arrangements and if they had any issues or concerns, before making her way out of the building. She had a few patients today- mostly students nervous about coursework or having trouble coping with being away from their parents, nothing too taxing, which would be a welcome break from the whole 'diplomatic incident' debacle. Her contact in the State department- namely, her father- had said the UDDR would abstain from involvement for a the time being. Provided the Equines made clear that they would not resort to, as he put it, "typical horsey niceties" in dealing with the issue. That meant that, provided nothing else catastrophic occurred, Kerrigan would be able to go home and bask in a hot mineral bath for most of the evening. The thought was most appealing.

Which meant, naturally, that no sooner had she dared to let herself anticipate such an indulgence, than her phone notification drew her attention to an email invitation. Specifically, to an 'exam' by the Culinary Arts students, presenting a variety of skills they had learned in food preparation and presentation, in a setting approximating a restaurant presentation. Namely, Firesong's house. And as if that weren't enough, the invitation came from Artemius Deco, himself, who would be on the panel of judges since his department oversaw Culinary Arts.

Kerrigan very badly wanted to decline- but as this was an official University function, and she made it a point to be present to every official university function held on campus, it seemed rude to her to refuse a small scale event just off of campus. She sent an RSVP, gave a short, indignant hiss, and headed back to her office.

White Mocha
Is a Sane Pony

Postby White Mocha » Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:01 pm

Longshot
Dorms - Chitin's Room

Longshot wasn't sure exactly what to say at first. He'd only interacted with two changelings in his life, one who had left his hive and one who had no memory of having been in one. So he was quite relived when Kerrigan steoped in to speak.

He gave Chitin a bit of an awkard smile when the dragon mentioned him directly, but wait to speak until she left again. "She said all that a lot better then I could. Let me just add that I've been through something similar, and I'm doing it again right now. More importantly, no one expects you to change instantly. Don't feel pressured to be comfortable with things, and don't be embarrassed when you aren't. I'd be glad to help, if you like having me around, and it sounds like I'm not the only one who feels that way."

Longshot's Theme

Return to “Equestria University (RP)”