Dorms & Apartments, Ch 2

Enter Luna University near scenic Salt Lick City.
MagusZeal
Site Admin / Lore Master
Site Admin / Lore Master

Re: Dorms & Apartments, Ch 2

Postby MagusZeal » Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:41 pm

Tarnished Repute
Apartment 420 – Bedroom

Doing his best not to over think on River's suggestion the stallion fishes some underwear out of their shared dresser. “Why leave me behind now, good question.” Stepping into the private bath the stallion shuts the door behind him as River starts the water.

Lucy Took
Iceberg of Friendship
Iceberg of Friendship

Postby Lucy Took » Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:45 pm

After about half an hour that started with some deep blushing, but ending with some giggling, River exited the bathroom in her robe and sat down on the bed and started brushing out her mane. "That was fun. I cannea believe I worked up the nerve to do that." she paused for a moment, still brushing. "I think with having neighbors now it's starting to feel like we're living in a flat like we would if we were officially married. After all, you've said before we practically are already."
~If this should end in fire, then we should all burn together~

MagusZeal
Site Admin / Lore Master
Site Admin / Lore Master

Postby MagusZeal » Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:02 am

Tarnished Repute
Apartment 420 – Bedroom

A towel draped around his neck and shoulders the stallion pauses kissing his fiancee on the forehead before making his way over to the closet clad only in his boxers. “True enough I suppose. Not gonna lie though, that was not something I was expecting out of you love.” Even as he spoke a his face felt flushed a bit of brighter red peaking from beneath his light red skin.

Lucy Took
Iceberg of Friendship
Iceberg of Friendship

Postby Lucy Took » Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:15 am

River gave a small laugh. "Oh come on, I think ye know by now that if ye say somethin' enough I'll believe it, even if it takes awhile." she said, setting down her brush, but not making any other moves. "Besides, it seemed like a decent way to start another day of sweet nothing. Though I doubt I'll be totally lazy, I'll probably make some cookies for our neighbor's later." she turned almost totally red under her green skin and talked to the back of Repute. "Though not quite yet. Ye donna have to hurry up an' get goin', do ye? There seemed like there might have been some things ye wanted to ask a few minutes ago."

TwentySided
Site Admin / Benevolent One

Postby TwentySided » Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:56 pm

Chitin - Dorms - Psi Omega Phi Floor - Main room

Looking himself over at the unicorn's question, the changeling gave a hesitant smile, "Oh, you you know, sore, unable to change, not even, not even wanting to try flying." Looking to the nervous unicorn he had not met as of yet "Why, um, why did the coffee ignite, or I guess, guess I should ask what caused your magic to, um, magic to act so sporadically?" Chitin inquired after hearing the short rant from the mare, plus the aura of embarrassment that was surrounding her, he could only guess she had caused it or that this was a common problem of hers. "Oh, I'm sorry, sorry, my name is Chitin and this is Longshot," he continued, pointing to the gruff unicorn. "What, um, what is your name?"

captain_borgue
Is a cackling Pony

Postby captain_borgue » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:57 am

"That's a good question, I have no idea!" Nova said, exasperated. "It just happens, all the time!" Nova said, practically shaking with frustration. "I just wanted some coffee, with actual freaking cream, and them poof! It all goes up! And the worst part is, powdered creamer is kind of super incredibly flammable, which I know because my Mom is a freaking genius chemist! And here I am, fourth generation of the Bond family, and I can't even make coffee! My great grandfather's name is on one of the buildings here!" Nova said, through thick sobs.

Kimi patter her shoulder reassuringly, before stepping over to Chitin and Longshot. "Kimi Matozi," she said, shaking their hands. "A pleasure to meet you both. We were just cleaning up a bit in here, did you two want to help?" Kimi asked, giving them both a severe look. "I think calling attention to this is going to make it worse. Let's just pretend nothing unusual has happened here right now, ok?" she added, whispering.

"Oh, right, new guy. I'm Super Nova, walking disaster. I have no idea what I'm doing here, and I'm a bit of a mess right now. So if I'm not all that friendly, I'm sorry," Nova said, wiping her eyes. "What's up?"

MagusZeal
Site Admin / Lore Master
Site Admin / Lore Master

Postby MagusZeal » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:07 pm

Tarnished Repute
Apartment 420 – Bedroom

Hand part way towards grabbing a pair of pants the stallion stops himself as if lost in thought for a moment. Silently wrestling with something he seems to make up his mind when he turns around, “No I'm free with the fraternity off the ground, they won't need me less something critical comes up and even then Payne should be able to handle it. Striding over to the green hued mare he squats down before her their emerald eyes meeting each other. His arms resting clasped in front of him either arm resting on his thighs. “I wanted to make sure your okay, I know I've been elsewhere as of late getting this fraternity up and going. More importantly,” hesitating the stallion seemed unsure if he should continue. Yet something was weighing heavily on his mind and he couldn't let it go, not this time. “You know I'd never use my talents on you don't you? Your far to important to me to risk this in any way. Hoof, if you said right now Tarnished I don't want you going into politics, I'd dump my major and find something else right now.”

Tear's were starting to well up in the stallion’s eyes as he spoke. “Your more then some stupid trophy wife or a good match that the elders or our families thought would make a great investment in. I love you River Underhill, and I cant imagine my life without you in it no matter what decisions we make, that's something I want to make clear. We're a team, there's no my goals and you trying to living up to those in my shadow. I don't care if that's what Trottingham tradition dictates, cause for all I care tradition can take a running leap into a lake.” Blinking back the tears his eyes never stray from hers. “Everything we do together I want to be something we both want. So please, if there's something you want talk to me, let me know so I can help.”

Taking her hands in his own the stallion squeezes them gently. “Do you know how nerve racking it is to have a talent to sway others to your point of view and find yourself constantly worrying you might have used it on the one pony you love? That you might have done something to sway their opinion to one closer to your own, no matter how small? I'm honestly terrified I've already done it and I'll never know for sure.” His checks flushing crimson he looks away unable to look at her anymore. “Worse I find myself wondering did I influence you somehow towards what we've did this morning, as beautiful as it was the thought you only did it because of something I said, or because you felt you had to because of my attention being elsewhere is like a knife twisting in my heart.”

Lucy Took
Iceberg of Friendship
Iceberg of Friendship

Postby Lucy Took » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:18 pm

River took Reputes hand and thought for a minute. "I know ye'd never use yer talents on me. I've heard your voice when yer talkin' to others about changin' their minds and ye never talk to me with that voice. I only meant to say that the more any pony says anythin' important I'd give it some thought and I did. And I don't mind ye bein' in politics. Even if ye donnea like yer talent it has a use and ye need to use it for good. And to be honest, I donnea even mind the whole trophy wife concept myself, but it does feel good knowin' that I have a real choice in the matter and I could do anythin' I wanted to if I could."

She nuzzled up to him. "And yer talent had nothin' to do with this mornin', Repute. If I'm honest it's more the weather than anythin' else. With it bein' cold and us takin' up less space in the bed I've started to come around to yer view. Not because ye charmed me into it with yer voice, but because I just liked bein' close."

She gave him a kiss. "And I canna imagine what it would be like havin' a talent that could be used for evil as well as good. A cookie's a cookie no matter what my intent was makin' it. They're always good. And even with yer talent, I cannea imagine ye using it fer evil. I know that ye love me, and I hope that ye know I feel the same way."

MagusZeal
Site Admin / Lore Master
Site Admin / Lore Master

Postby MagusZeal » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:26 pm

Tarnished Repute
Apartment 420 – Bedroom

Not saying anything Tarnished returns the kiss before hugging the mare all, but dragging them both to the bed side by side. Squeezing her tight e takes another moment to kiss her before finally speaking. “Thank you, if there's any thing I can do for you just ask River. Even if it's just to keep the cold out this morning.”

White Mocha
Is a Sane Pony

Postby White Mocha » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:42 pm

Longshot
Dorms - Psi Omega - Main Room

"Like my chitinous pal said; I'm Longshot," the unicorn said as he shook Kimi's hand. "You a psycologist? I tend to find dealing with things head on is best."

He stepped up to the counter next to Nova and startted wiping up the soot. "Nice to meet you Nova. I used to know a guy who shared your name but had the opposite problem. Nova Fusion was a genius who knew all there was to know about magic but couldn't cast it himself." He added with a whisper, "It's because he was a pegasus."

He chuckled and let it go quiet for a moment before venturing a real try, "Family legacies are a heavy burden to bear. Epecially when you feel like you can't possibly measure up. Walking around with that... it feels like it's never far from your mind. You never feel like you're out from under it... Starts to hurt after awhile. You know what I mean?"
We are what we repeatedly do.

Longshot's Theme

TwentySided

Postby TwentySided » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:29 pm

Listening to both Longshot, and Nova, the changeling decided to at least add his two cents on the entire issue. "What, what does it matter what they could do? They are them, and you are you. I am assuming you have talents that they don't and, and vis versa. No one, no one is exactly like their parents. I am nothing like my parents, or at least those that raised me. Despite them having raised me." Chitin tried to explain, it was odd trying to compare the Changeling Hive's methods of raising their young to that of Equestrian methods. "Nor am I like those in my clutch. We were all unique a separated as such."

captain_borgue
Is a cackling Pony

Postby captain_borgue » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:16 pm

Nova let out a nervous laugh. "Oh, hey, look at that, everyone's paying attention to me, that's nice," she said, fidgeting. "Look, I appreciate the thought, I think, but... I really don't know if I want to get into this. I'm not great with talking about my stuff. I can talk to anypony about anything else, though! Like, uh, have you met the house kitty? He's deaf, so he doesn't freak out when things go boom. So, you know, that's a plus," Nova said, looking around to see if her adorable fuzzy friend had ventured into the kitchen.

"A pleasure," Kimi said. "I wouldn't say I'm a psychologist yet, that's what I'm here for. It just seems prudent that, maybe, we should all calm down a bit. Those of us that live here will have to learn to get along, and to get along with any guests we may have too," Kimi said, lifting the toaster up so she could wipe off the countertop underneath it. "I mean, we're all friends here. Oh, and Nova, I've got a bottle of half and half in the fridge," Kimi said, procuring said bottle and making herself a cup of coffee. "And nothing in the kitchen was damaged, just dirtied, and we've all done a pretty good job of clearing that up. No harm done," Kimi said, offering a smile. "I'm sure your family is proud of you- and if they aren't, that's their problem." Kimi said, a little bitterly. She didn't know her real family, aside from their criminal records.

Nova took a few shaky breaths, and proceeded to make herself a cup of coffee with cream and sugar. "Heh, yeah. Er. So... Longshot, was it? you, uh, don't look like the typical student. You're not just here to ogle the ladies, are ya?" Nova laughed nervously, hoping to break the tension. "Though I get it, there are lots of hotties here, but I don't think that's what Dean Hannibal had in mind."

White Mocha
Is a Sane Pony

Postby White Mocha » Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:45 pm

Longshot was surprised at the perspective Chitin had offered, knowing how much a hive expected each member to contribute. He wasn't quite sure what to make of it, but was glad for the alternate view. He'd considered pressing the issue, but decided to hope Nova had gotten the main point, that he'd been there too and Nova wasn't alone.

In the meantime, though... "No, I'm not a student. I'm... my status is sort of up in the air really. I was supposed to speak with Kerrigan yesterday but we got split up. Does she live here or something? Chitin brought her up too."

Longshot's Theme

Morningglory
Is a pony

Postby Morningglory » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:34 pm

Lens' ears suddenly perked up, as though she could hear all the voices from the other kitchen, and she hastily grabbed Ivy by the hand and dragged her along behind her. She didn't bother to explain, but something just seemed like it needed her particular brand of flair, and she burst into the room full of ponies and others, shoving Ivy in ahead of her. "So this is where everyone we... what's the smoky smell?" She had begun to announce but was immediately distracted by the smoking remains of the coffee creamer. She hustled over to the smoking remnants and examined them closely, her eyes even with the edge of the counter.

Ivy, on the other hand, sidled sideways away from her always curious roommate and in Chitin's general direction. She surveyed the other ponies quietly, and gathered bits and pieces slowly. She nodded quietly as the pieces fell into place. "Uh huh..." She murmured slowly. She glanced at the rather upset unicorn and recognized her from her first day on campus. "Oh! You're Nova, right? I didn't know you lived here too. And you're... Kimi if I remember correctly from the costume party." She said, glancing at the unique zebra buffalo hybrid. "My roommate, Lens, over there..." She said, absently gesturing at Lens, who was deeply embroiled in the remains on the counter, and raised a hand, waving it dismissively, "We just moved in... today I guess." She said, folding her hands neatly in front of her.

"I'VE GOT IT!" Lens announced standing up suddenly, still facing the counter, "Aliens." She murmured accusingly. She whipped around and stared at the group through slitted eyes. "If anyone knows who actually did this, speak now or forever hold your peace. This is just the kind of talent I need for my next film project." She said firmly, pointing at the counter.

Lucy Took
Iceberg of Friendship
Iceberg of Friendship

Postby Lucy Took » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:29 pm

Chroma

After the smoke had died down Chroma got up out of his chair and went into the kitchen across the hall and poured himself a cup of coffee into a mug he had snatched from his own apartment before going over. "Morning ladies. Glad to see nothing burned down. Coffee tastes normal." he said, figuring that once it was clear that the boom wasn't dangerous it was probably something embarrassing that didn't want to be talked about.

"Aliens did it indeed." Chroma said, agreeing with Lens and diverting attention away from Nova after hearing bits of how it had disturbed her. "But aliens blowing up anything in a kitchen is too normal. What if they blew up the Salt Lick Lake? That would be suitably impressive."
River

"Well if that's the case, you're free to keep out the cold however you see fit." the mare answered, still blushing, but returning the kiss. "And with the knowldge that...I'm pretty sure I'm Ok with however it is you see fit. And I am sure that it is of my own volition.

White Mocha
Is a Sane Pony

Postby White Mocha » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:28 pm

"I don't know how you knew I was an alien, but this wasn't me," Longshot said with a flat face, turning to lean with his back against the counter. "When I blow something up, it does more than leave soot."

Longshot's Theme

TwentySided

Postby TwentySided » Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:40 am

Seeing Chroma and Lens enter into the main room, Chitin decided to hang back just a bit. He didn't want the place to be over crowded and he was good at hanging around the edge of a group. Stepping toward a nearby chair, the changeling pulled it out, taking a careful seat. The late morning light of Sunday was streaming into the window it looked like it was going to be a very nice day. Though he still needed to think of someway to pay back those that helped him the day before. Unfortunately he had no real idea how to. He had just met them after all. He could barely remember most of their names as it was already.

Lost in thought the changeling continued to stare out the window. Before it was finally shaken by a grey pegasus approaching. It looked as if the mare was looking at him. From her grin and and bright yellow aura, she seemed very excited as she pulled up a small camera.

Tilting his head the changeling was about to turn back to the rest of the group before three quick flashes of light filled his vision. "ah!" he hissed, rubbing his eyes, part of him trying to change out of shock.

Double Edge - Apartment 420 - Kitchen

With a pop, Double grabbed the two slices of toast. Simple but still sufficient breakfast. The zebra moved to the table, quickly grabbing a jar of jam and knife along the way. Taking a seat, he began putting the final preparations of breakfast together. So far he had very little to do. The potions were stewing or brewing and the rest of his assignments were still in progress but well along the way of being completed. He had plans for later in the day to meet with Tiny, but that wasn't for hours. He hadn't seen hide or tail of Booster or anyone else as of late, more than likely due to his own habits rather than anyone else's. Maybe he could try spending some time with them until he had to go meet with the diamond dog. It was better than laying around doing nothing after all.

Putting the knife away, Double was about to take his first bite when he heard a series of knocks at the door. Confused, the zebra got up, opening it to see two campus security guards at the door way. "Excuse me are you Double Edge?"

"Um, y-yes. How, h-how may I h-help you?" the zebra replied

"I'm Sergeant Case, this is Officer Along, I just want to ask you a few questions" the unicorn continued, "May we come inside?"

"S-sure, sure thing." Double answered, opening the door fully as the two officers stepped inside. "I-is, is Sharp Wit alright?" He could only assume that this was something about the meet. He had heard rumors the day before but had no real confirmation on any of them.

"He'll be just fine. But let's start there, how long have you know Mr.Wit?"

"Only, only since the beginning of the semester. We're on the same team after all."

"Uh huh, I heard about your win. Pulled it out of the bag in the last round. Some are calling it quite the upset."

"Uh, th-thank you?" Double asked, he hadn't realized that the other school had been that favored, though it made sense given the earth pony he had fought.

"And, you're here for magic is it?" the officer continued, seeming to not have heard Double's response, all the while his assistant continued to write down everything that went on.

"Y-yes, I'm um, majoring in it."

"A zebra majoring in magic? Odd."

"No-no, not really I'm, uh, I'm studying alchemy its, its a offshoot from the main branch of magic."

"Makes sense, makes sense. It being an offshoot I'm guessing there aren't many of you that practice it."

"N-no, maybe six of us in Professor Shard's class."

The two officers looked at one another, Case nodding to his assistant before standing up. "Thank you Mr.Edge, I think that's all we need for now. Sorry to bother you. You have yourself a nice day." Double could only watch in confusion as the two left the apartment as quickly as they came. Leaving the zebra confused, a bit bewildered at what had just happened.

MagusZeal
Site Admin / Lore Master
Site Admin / Lore Master

Postby MagusZeal » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:05 pm

Tarnished Repute
Apartment 420 – Bedroom

Leaning in close the stallion looked ready to chase away the cold when the sound of a muffled voices in the main part of the apartment started drifting in. His ear's twitching Tarnished sighs before kissing River again. “Guess we'll have to wait till another time, sounds like somepony has guests.” Climbing out of bed again the stallion dress quickly before heading out into the living room just as the front door closes. Spotting only Double near the front door Tarnished closes the door to River and his room behind him quickly. “What was that all about Double?”

White Mocha
Is a Sane Pony

Postby White Mocha » Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:00 pm

Longshot
Dorms - Psi Omega Phi floor - Main Room

A quick succession of flashes got Longshot to quickly shift from casual to combat. He moved to a kneeling position behind the counter and smoothly levitated his pistol before him... only to find what looked like a pegasus mare hovering outside the window holding... a camera? It looked sort of like a camera... Whatever it was, it probably wasn't a weapon, what with no pony screaming in pain. "Leave," Longshot warned in a low growl.

Longshot's Theme

TwentySided

Postby TwentySided » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:03 pm

Seeing the weapon drawn by Longshot, the pegasus's eyes grew wide, looking from side to side, quickly taking one last picture before diving out of sight.

Chitin meanwhile, rubbed the blurriness from his eyes. "What, what was that about?" the changeling asked seeing Longshot next to him, a prominent dark red aura around him and a gun floating right next to him. L-longshot, wh-what's that for?" Chitin stammered pointing to the levitating weapon

Double Edge - Apartment 420 - Kitchen

"I..have no real idea." Double answered as Tarnished entered the room. "It was uh, campus police. They were...asking about the meet day before last, and um, my major." His gaze hopping around it soon rested on Tarnished once again, "You don't think, well, you don't think that they believe I had anything to do with Sharp Wit do you?" He finally asked, reviewing the questions in his head once again. They had only asked about things pertaining to Sharp as well as his studies on magic itself. But why would they think that he had anything to do with it? Sharp is his team captain, not someone he would want to attack in anyway.

Return to “Equestria University (RP)”