Dorms & Apartments, Ch 2

Enter Luna University near scenic Salt Lick City.
TwentySided
Site Admin / Benevolent One

Re: Dorms & Apartments, Ch 2

Postby TwentySided » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:09 am

Chitin - Dorms - Psi Omega Phi Floor - Chitin/Chroma's main room

"Is that any different from what most college students lives end up being? Sleeping at random times I mean." Chitin asked. He had been told to do some research on colleges before being sent out here but nothing he could find suggested that a steady sleep schedule was normal in a college students. Some majors would get an abundance while others scarcely any. "As, as long as you don't bring any, any of those Tri-Stomp stallions around I think I should be, should be fine. Or fall asleep with the toaster or other possible fire starting appliances. I'd rather not, rather not come home to a raging inferno." the changeling answered. He had no real idea what to bring up as something that shouldn't be done when dealing with a roommate. This sort of living was rather odd, a lot more spacious than the Hive's living arrangements that was for certain. "So, you pass out, whenever you get excited? Like, like every time?"

Lucy Took
Iceberg of Friendship
Iceberg of Friendship

Postby Lucy Took » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:55 pm

Chroma took a moment to think about his sleeping patterns. Now that Chitin said it, they did kinda sound like those of an average college student. "I guess you're right. I just take a lot more naps than your average student. And I don't fall asleep every time I get excited, but it can trigger a nap. I haven't fallen asleep at a stove yet, I normally get enough warning to turn things off first. And I don't plan on bringing a Stomp around, promise. I've yet to meet one I like and I like them less now that I know what some of them are capable of."
~If this should end in fire, then we should all burn together~

Morningglory
Is a pony

Postby Morningglory » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:59 pm

Ivy walked back up to her dorm slowly. She was sore all over from the day before, and from the awesome work she had just finished on Dean Firesong's yard. The bags of mulch had really taken it out of her, and she couldn't wait to take a shower to soothe her muscles. She opened the door to her dorm room, only to find... Nothing. None of her things were within. Her clothes, her plants, everything was gone. She could feel a sudden sense of panic and as she opened her mouth to start protesting, a small piece of paper caught her eye on the desk nearby. She picked it up and glanced it over, letting out a slow sigh. "Oh, that was quick." She muttered.

She turned on her heel and walked out the door, hustled across the quad and up to the door of the apartments. She glanced at the place warily before knocking on the front door. She felt silly, knocking on the door of a place she was supposed to live, but she didn't yet have a key. "Um, hello? I... guess I live here now?"

Lucy Took
Iceberg of Friendship
Iceberg of Friendship

Postby Lucy Took » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:18 am

Chroma looked up from his sketch pad. "Welcome home. Lens suggested we move your things so you didn't have to bother with it yourself. I talked her out of arranging everything for you though, with the exception of your bedding and things that were already in dressers we left all of your personal items and plants for you to arrange yourself. Oh, speaking of your plants, there's a bit of a deck out that way at the end of the hall if you want to put some out there."

Morningglory
Is a pony

Postby Morningglory » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:08 am

As the door opened, and Chroma began speaking, Ivy was putting the note Lens had left for her in her pocket. She could clearly hear him telling her they had left her personal effects for her to put away, and she began to walk forward, her finger caught on a loose string in her pocket. "Ok, that sounds reasonable..." She said, tugging at the string, not watching where she was going and walking straight into someone. "Ooof! Oh, Celestia, I'm sor... Chitin?" She questioned as she looked up at the changeling, "Chitin! I am so sorry. I wasn't watching where I was going! Are you ok? Did I hurt you?" She stammered, a slight pink coming over her cheeks. "I just... I knew you were going to live here too, I didn't think I'd run into you... so soon." She murmured as she looked down at herself. She was wearing overalls, and mud had worked its way into her knees, all down the front of her, and even on her face. She glanced back up at him. "I was working in Dean Firesong's garden... as my punishment for yesterday... I haven't gotten a chance to... shower or change." She muttered, looking away embarrassed.

TwentySided

Postby TwentySided » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:06 am

Chitin - Dorms - Psi Omega Phi Floor - Main room

As Ivy bumped into Chitin, he held in a hiss of pain, "No, no it's alright, I'm still just, just a bit sore is all." Looking over Ivy, she was muddy, almost covered in mud from head to hoof. Whatever size the garden must've been to cause that much mud to get on Ivy, he could only guess. "We have, we have two showers, one down the left hallway, hallway, and another down the right." the changeling pointed down both hallways, while his other arm held his bandages. The sting was fading but even still, "Was, was that all you needed, needed to do for the Dean Ivy? I mean was the garden the only thing she wanted you to do?"

Morningglory
Is a pony

Postby Morningglory » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:14 am

Ivy nodded slowly. She agreed that she had gotten off easy, and that she was extremely lucky. "Yes. She just wanted me to winterize her garden. It's just a little mulch and cleaning." She said with a shrug, "Easy enough. I got it all done before I came here." She said, glancing in the direction he had pointed for the showers. "I am... really filthy. But I'm glad to see you moving. I didn't think Dr. Heart would have let you out so soon... Looks like we're going to be... roommates." She said, feeling a little self conscious and shy as she said it. She'd never lived with a boy before, and even though they didn't share a room, they would be living in the same building, and for some reason, she felt a little guilty about being happy about it. "So, um... are you rooming with Chroma? Lens might be in there a lot... sorry."

TwentySided

Postby TwentySided » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:10 pm

"Yes, yes I think I am, over there." Chitin answered, pointing to the hallway to the right. "And I believe your stuff, your stuff is over there." he continued pointing to the left hallway. "I hope it isn't a problem that Chroma and I are here." the changeling replied, looking at Ivy's aura. It had been changing throughout this entire conversation, happy, shy, self-conscious. It was almost like she couldn't decide on how to feel about all of this. "I, I can someplace else, another empty, empty room if that is a problem for me being here." He himself couldn't really decide on how he felt on the entire matter. He felt bad that multiple people were moving because he had come here. Or maybe it had just been coincidence? Right now it didn't matter, at least he hoped it didn't. "Here, let me, let me make something for you while you take a shower okay? Um, what, what do you like for breakfast?"

Morningglory
Is a pony

Postby Morningglory » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:32 pm

Ivy shook her head, "No! No there's no problem at all! Not at all. I'm glad you're here!" She blurted out, leaning in towards him. "I'm glad. I'm glad to have met you. I'm just..." She stammered, slowing to a barely audible mumble, "... Filthy and awkward." She said, giving him a faint smile. "I'm sorry. This must be confusing. You don't have to make breakfast for me, but I would appreciate it. I prefer fruit, seed, nuts, eggs and dairy. So whatever you can do with that will be fine." She said with a haphazard smile. She glanced past him down the left hall and started to walk away, "I'm just going to take a shower and I'll be out soon." She said, walking down the hall in the direction of her new room.

As she arrived at the door of her new room, she let out a breath she had been holding and opened the door to... Quiet. The room was quiet. Ivy walked in and her eyes immediately fell on her roommate sprawled over one of the beds. She smiled faintly and rifled through her things until she scrounged a towel, her shower things and a sundress out of it. She left the room, closing the door slowly.

Ivy hurried down the hall to the shower and locked herself in. She peeled the overalls and her shirt and let them drop to the floor. She pulled the hairpins out of her hair and let the hip length red waves fall to her hips. She stepped into the warm shower and let the heat pour over her.

Once she was clean, she stepped out and dried off. She pulled on the sundress and braided her long thick hair. She wrapped it around itself into a tight bun, putting the pins back in and hanging up her towel. She walked back out towards the kitchen.

captain_borgue
Is a cackling Pony

Postby captain_borgue » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:42 pm

Super Nova, Kimi Matozi, Psi Omega Phi common room

Nova Plodded into the kitchen/common area looking like the tail end of a disaster- her hair was all over the place, her sleeping clothes rumpled and messy, and if took her three tries to open the fridge, as the first two times she reached for the handled she somehow missed. "Lousy fridge, dodging on me..." she muttered, before managing to open it. She stared blankly at the contents for a good solid minute before realizing that she had no idea what she was looking for.

In the mean time, Kimi had walked into the kitchen and put on a pot of coffee, before walking back out and sitting on the sofa with a book in her lap. She still felt awkward and uncomfortable with all these people everywhere, but she also realized that being out of her comfort zone would keep her sharp. That, and it was fascinating to watch the others- the changeling and that pegasus he was... dating? They clearly had feelings for each other, at any rate. then there was the other pegasus. The one that seemed to make it her life's goal to absolutely be the most obnoxious creature on the face of the planet- which was at odds with her boyfriend the bat pony, who was almost entirely unfazed by pretty much anything that ever happened. cool as a cucumber, that one. It was an interesting mix.

She nonchalantly scribbled some notes in her notebook. Dean Hannibal had taken an interest in this organization, and Kimi was beginning to see why- everyone living here was... odd, almost as though the Dean were collecting the most unusual students she could find- though that left a few that didn't seem to fit that pattern. Kimi herself, for instance, was not that strange, aside from being of a species not typically seen in this part of the country. Then there was the girl with the pink and orange hair, who- aside from being far happier than Kimi felt anypony should properly be- seemed completely normal.

"Oh hey, coffee! Whoever made it, I owe you!" Nova said happily, as the rich scent of coffee punched her brain back into some semblance of consciousness. "I don't suppose we have any real cream, instead of that powdered-" Nova began, reaching towards the coffee pot. Of course, as soon as she had started to mention powdered, non-dairy creamer, the little jar of the stuff right by the coffee maker burst spectacularly into flames- and as anypony who had ever since Storysmashers knew, powdered non-dairy creamer is extremely volatile. Nova let out a squeak of surprised, followed by a shriek of fear when the pot of creamer lit up like a roman candle, and then just kept right on lighting up. It burnt itself out in about two seconds, but left a sooty smear over every surface in the kitchen- including all over Nova, herself. "Er... uh... I'll, uh, I'll just-" Nova said, blushing hotly, as she reached under the sink or the cleaning supplies and starting wiping down the countertop.

Kimi raised an eyebrow quizzically. Then again...

Morningglory
Is a pony

Postby Morningglory » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:58 pm

Lens snorted in her sleep and woke herself up as the door closed softly with a click. She glanced over at Ivy's things, and seeing that they had been touched, assumed that she had been In the room at least. Lens smiled to herself and stretched out on the bed, putting her feet on the floor and walking out of the room.

She headed down the hall and could clearly see the back of Ivy's head as she headed for the kitchen. She hurried up the hall and draped herself over Ivy's shoulder, "Oh roomie, you don't smell like dirt! You smell like soap for a change. You trying to impress someone?" She asked, peering over her shoulder into the kitchen.

Ivy flushed red and glared at her roommate over her shoulder. Her eyes narrowed, but if she opened her mouth she would only incriminate herself.

TwentySided

Postby TwentySided » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:32 pm

Pushing himself onto his hooves with some effort, Chitin walked over to the refrigerator. Opening it, his gaze fell a bit. Empty, moving over to the cabinets, the changeling opened each all with the same results. With dismay in his voice, the changling turned to Chroma, "We don't have any food. I mean I think you guys might want to get some." Blinking, the changeling sniffed the air, "Hey do you smell something burning?"

Lucy Took
Iceberg of Friendship
Iceberg of Friendship

Postby Lucy Took » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:21 am

"Yeah, I meant getting some food. I might have moved over here, but I still have my meal pass." Chroma said before sniffing the air himself. "And something is defiantly burning." he said, getting up and following his nose to the kitchen across the hall. He saw smoke, but the fire seemed to be out. "Need help with cooking, neighbor?"

White Mocha
Is a Sane Pony

Postby White Mocha » Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:07 pm

Longshot
Dorms - Grounds

Longshot had just had himself a filling breakfast, though he felt a bit guilty about getting it for free because of a card. Still, it was hard to be down with the sun shining brightly over the grounds. The sky itself was a stunning blue that was mostly unobstructed, other than the occasional fluffy cloud and... a stream of particularly thick smoke coming from one of the dorm windows.

Once he recognized the danger, Longshot shifted gears, rushing to get inside the building. Which resulted in him stumbling and falling a couple times. "Sisters cursed bipedal stance," he muttered under his breath, using a series of short teleport hops, just within line of sight to get to the proper floor.

Finally he appears in the kitchen, panting. Nothing looks burning. Just... burnt.

"Guess I... missed the fun. ... Everypony... okay?" He asks, still panting with the exertion of the sudden teleports.
Last edited by White Mocha on Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
We are what we repeatedly do.

Longshot's Theme

captain_borgue
Is a cackling Pony

Postby captain_borgue » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:12 am

"Yeah, everything's fine, it's just me accidentally lighting things on fire because I'm supposedly an adult and I still can't get the hang of not magically igniting things, no big deal!" Nova said, a little bitterly, as she scrubbed a layer of soot off of most of the kitchen's surfaces. It took her a lot longer than it should have, but Nova was pretty frustrated and went over the same spot several times, muttering to herself.

Kimi's curiosity got the better of her, as she set down her notebook and walked into the kitchen. "Here, let me help," Kimi said, grabbing a rag and wiping off the microwave. "If it makes you feel any better, nothing's really damaged. Just covered in soot. You shouldn't be so hard on yourself," Kimi said, trying to sound comforting. "Something stressing you out? You seem tense. Might be what caused it," Kimi mused. An otherwise normal girl spontaneously making the kitchen explode with no provocation? There was something more there. Maybe if she could draw it out, maybe she could help Nova's little problem.

"Stressed? Why would I be stressed? I only blow up or ignite random things at random times, no big deal! Not like freaking toddlers can figure out how to control magic! It's not like my family has bucking history here, as magical prodigies, and innovators, and scientists, and I can't even make a cup of coffee!" Nova said, he voice getting progressively higher and shriller, until she burst into tears and sunk into a crouch on the kitchen floor, sobbing.

Kimi was, needless to say, a little surprised by this.

"Well, I was planning on sulking for a while, then maybe listening to some sappy music. But if Double has to go check on his potions and stuff, maybe I could go with him?" Rose said, trying to give Tiny a pitiful look. "It would make me feel better!"

Tiny scowled, and scribbled another note for Double. "I'm going to work on our, shall we say, lesson plan. We'll need a practice space and a time, among other things. Keep Rose occupied," it said- and when Tiny saw Double raise an eyebrow, he did the "I'm watching you" gesture menacingly. "Yeah, alright. It'll give me time to do important Dog stuff. Don't go having fun though, you hear? Only boring tedious work is allowed," he said, chuckling.

TwentySided

Postby TwentySided » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:34 am

Peering outside of his and his friends room, Chitin looked to see what had caused the smell. Seeing a pony shrouded in anxiety next to something he'd never seen before, a smoking coffee maker between the two, on the other side of the room a familiar unicorn from yesterday had come in. "H-hello, um, Longshot was it? What, what are you doing here? Are you also with Dean Kerrigan's, um, band of unlikely equines?" the changeling asked, legitimately interested, more people he actually knew, the better.

White Mocha
Is a Sane Pony

Postby White Mocha » Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:03 pm

Longshot
Dorms - Psi Omega Phi Main Room

Longshot wasn't really sure what to do with that little outburst. Someone offering help and kind words only made it worse. The stressed unicorn could probably use some time at the shooting range... If they did that.

Longshot considered just quietly stepping in to help with the clean up, but was distracted by, of all things, a familiar face. "Hey there Chitin. No, I'm not with Kerrigan. She hoarding unusual ponies?" He chuckles lowly, then gestures at the soot. "I saw some smoke from outside and thought I'd help out but... I guess the fire was really brief. In any case, how're you feeling? You were in pretty bad shape, last I saw."
We are what we repeatedly do.

Longshot's Theme

Lucy Took
Iceberg of Friendship
Iceberg of Friendship

Postby Lucy Took » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:05 am

River awake mid morning after her lazy Saturday. It had been fairly normal, she'd taken dinner over to the new neighbors, but aside from basic greetings she let them get settled in themselves. There was a slight chill in the air, winter was certainly coming, but she wasn't too concerned, she was comfortably settled in Repute's arms and he was nice an warm. She stayed there for awhile before finally stirring and crawling out of bed.

"I'm gettin' a shower. Care to join me? I could use the company"

MagusZeal
Site Admin / Lore Master
Site Admin / Lore Master

Postby MagusZeal » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:46 pm

Tarnished Repute
Apartment 420 – Bedroom

For a moment the stallion was tempted to let his mouth hang agape at the suggestion his fiance had just made, but thinking better of it he shuffles out from under the covers. “Well if you feel your ready to share such a close intimate space I'm not going to argue with you.”

Lucy Took
Iceberg of Friendship
Iceberg of Friendship

Postby Lucy Took » Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:03 am

River attempted a shrug as she started to gather together her clothes for the day "We already share a bed, that's pretty close. Why leave you behind now?" she said before slipping out of the bedroom into the private bath

Return to “Equestria University (RP)”