Dorms & Apartments, Ch 2

Enter Luna University near scenic Salt Lick City.
captain_borgue
Is a cackling Pony

Re: Dorms & Apartments, Ch 2

Postby captain_borgue » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:26 am

Rose was not a particularly elegant sleeper, and blearily stumbled into consciousness in a pile of limbs, her hair stuck to the side of her face. Memories of the previous evening bounced around in her recollection. Mostly fond memories, though the part where Tiny came back and found her and Double asleep next to each and flipped out wasn't so nice. It's not like they'd done anything, but she could understand how it would seem that way. He'd calmed down pretty fast- even apologized for getting worked up! So all in all, it had been a good night.

"Rose? Rose, get up. Come on, lazy!.," Tiny said, sarcastically, knocking on her door.

"M'wake," Rose muttered, fluttering over towards the door and bonking against it in her sleepy haze. "Why you gotta be all yelly," Rose said, pulling on the first clothes she grabbed. They still smelled like the perfumes Double had added, which made Rose smile.

She came out of her room a few minutes later, looking disheveled but mostly awake. "You got a lot of nerve, waking me up all early after you got back all late," Rose said, giving Tiny a shove.

"Yeah, and you got a lot of nerve having that boy over," Tiny said. "I'm not mad or anything, it was my fault for not checking the phone more often. But you kind of lose the moral high ground, here."

Rose stuck her tongue out at Tiny, before laughing. "Well come on, let's go get food. Maybe we will run into Double, or that zebra you were dancing with!" Rose said, teasing.

"Hey now, she was doing it wrong," Tiny said, chuckling. "So, how was your big date anyway?"

Rose grinned. "It was SO AWESOME! There was ice cream and laundry and we're gonna see a musical and- hey, wait a minute. Why aren't you being all aggressive?" Rose said, suddenly suspicious.

Tiny didn't say a word, though, as her shooed her out the door towards the dining hall.
Last edited by captain_borgue on Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

TwentySided
Site Admin / Benevolent One

Postby TwentySided » Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:50 pm

Double Edge - Dorms - Returning from Dining Hall

After the rude awakening earlier that evening, by Tiny's return, Double was able to get to bed but woke up shortly afterwards by the sound of his grumbling stomach as well as the light of the rising sun coming through Rose's room window. Careful to not make much noise the zebra had decided to try and get something to eat down at the Dining Hall and bring something back for Rose as well as Tiny. Tiny mainly as a sign of peace between the two.

Reaching the Hall itself, Double had found it close to empty, apparently most at the campus were not light sleepers like himself, he wasn't too surprised, most people he knew that were his age didn't wake up till around eleven, if they were lucky. Grabbing three trays he began filling it with foods he thought the mare and that Tiny might like. Eggs, hay bacon and real bacon, hashbrowns, as well as glasses of juice, apple, orange, and to Double's relief, passion fruit. Followed by three more glasses of milk, and it seemed like an over all good lay out for breakfast for the three of them. Balancing the three trays, Double reached the register asking the mare behind it if this one time if he could simply take the trays and return them a little later.

After some negotiation and a promise to be back before the main group of student came down for their own breakfast, Double found himself maneuvering through the halls of the dorms, changing his momentum, trying to keep everything balanced. As he came up to Rose's and Tiny's apartment, "Woah, Woah Woah!" Double staggered, trying to keep each tray up as Rose drew near, "I, well I didn't want to bring you guys some breakfast. I thought it would be a nice way to start the morning, I hope I got stuff you guys like." Double smiled, "Now, um, can someone please grab at least one of these trays, my arms are starting to fall asleep. He, he"

captain_borgue
Is a cackling Pony

Postby captain_borgue » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:30 am

"Buh!" Rose exclaimed when Double spoke. Not that she wasn't happy to see him, but she had not expected it at this hour. Or this close to her dorm, for that matter. "I mean, hi! And er, uh... you know, I'll just sorta step out of the way," she said, sidling back into the room so Tiny could step forward and grab the trays from Double.

"Mmmm, actual bacon!," Tiny said, carrying two trays effortlessly back into the room. "IIf this is you tying to butter me up with greasy delicious meat candy- well, it's working," Tiny said, grumbling, as he set two of the trays down on the table.

Rose was almost too stunned for words. Almost. "Wait, so all it takes to get you to stop being such an overbearing jerk is bacon?!" she said, amazed.

"Hey now, that's not all it takes," Tiny said, protesting, between crunching the aforementioned meat candy loudly. "I had to be sure he wasn't going to hurt you! Pony males can be real jerks, you know. I promised Al- I mean, your mother that I would keep you safe and literally look out for you," he said, between bites. "Besides, he clearly likes you a lot if he's willing to put up with me just to be near you," he added, before turning towards Double with his hackles slightly raised. "But if you ever hurt her... I don't even know the words for all the bad things that will happen, got it?"

Rose slowly walked over to the tables, sat down, and felt for the edge of the tray, before sliding it over and scootching so Double could sit down next to her. "Wow. Maybe you should go dancing with zebras more often?" she said, teasingly.

"You're just trying to get me out of the way now, aren't you?"

"Perish the thought! What would Mom say if I did that?"

"We could ask her. She's checking out the medical facilities today."

Rose stopped, fork halfway to her mouth. He was joking. He must have been joking... or was he? That would mean he'd grown a sense of humor, which struck her something even dancing with a zebra couldn't have instilled in him.

It wasn't that Rose didn't love her parents- more that she felt so utterly useless around them, since her mother was a highly renowned doctor and her father was a national hero. Her brothers were an award winning journalist, a title-holding boxer, and an accomplished actor. And she was... a clumsy blind girl who up until last night couldn't even tackle laundry. It was very daunting.

"Hrmpfle," Rose squeaked, stuffing a pancake in her mouth and slinking down in her chair so as to appear smaller.
Last edited by captain_borgue on Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Morningglory
Is a pony

Postby Morningglory » Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:34 pm

Ivy's tears slowed to a stop and she laid in the dark and quiet in silence, her tears drying into salt trails on her cheeks. She breathed quietly, her face buried sideways in her pillow. When her phone suddenly jingled to life, she nearly jumped out of her skin. Irritated, she looked at the number on it, and found it was not one she recognized. She pressed the answer button cautiously, "... Hello?" She answered quietly, rolling onto her side.

Morningglory
Is a pony

Postby Morningglory » Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:58 pm

Ivy sat up slowly, eyeing the phone warily. He sounded pretty rough, and like he was hurting a lot. It wasn't a sound most ponies could fake. "... Are you still in the infirmary?" She asked, trying to keep an even keel. Hearing his voice had made her heart leap into her throat, and she struggled to speak around it. Her pulse thundered in her ears. "Is that where you are right now? If it is... stay right there." She murmured, getting to her feet. "This is a stupid idea. She thought to herself, "What if? What if this is all a part of the joke? What if you get there and all they do is laugh at you? What if..." The voice of her own doubts tugged at the edges of her mind. "Don't go anywhere. I'm on my way." She said calmly. If what he was saying was true, she couldn't panic. It would make it worse. And if it wasn't true... well, she didn't want to think about that. She opened her dorm door, ended the call, and flew across campus towards Equuleus.

Ivy to Equuleus

MagusZeal
Site Admin / Lore Master
Site Admin / Lore Master

Postby MagusZeal » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:27 am

Tarnished Repute
Apartment 420 – Kitchen

Waiting till the he heard the door to their shared room open the Shetland stallion steps quickly to the other side of the table, pulling a chair out for his betrothed. “You know climbing out of bed and getting a shower is the fastest way to ruin breakfast in bed.” Motioning to the chair his other arm gestures to the Full Monty awaiting them both on the dinning room table. Plates holding a mass of bacon, sausage, and egg's sit aside beans, cooked tomato, and a piece of fried bread. “I hear the lady is fond of the spread, and the tea is of course ready and waiting.”

Lucy Took
Iceberg of Friendship
Iceberg of Friendship

Postby Lucy Took » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:41 am

River came out of the room with her normal weekend clothing, dressed like she would at home. She sat down and smiled. "Thank you m'lord, the breakfast smells amazing, and the tea sounds wonderful." She said, taking a seat. "Though I'm sorry I ruined the breakfast in bed bit, we can always have a lazy day in afterwards with somewhat the same effect?" she said, taking a bite. "And I might have to up my culinary game, yer gettin' quite good at this breakfast thing." She swallowed a sip of tea before leaning over the table and giving her fincee a kiss. "I'd love to have a day in with you, we've both been so busy lately it seems like I only ever see you at bedtime and at meals if I'm lucky"
~If this should end in fire, then we should all burn together~

MagusZeal
Site Admin / Lore Master
Site Admin / Lore Master

Postby MagusZeal » Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:44 am

Tarnished Repute
Apartment 420 – Kitchen

Smirking at the kiss the stallion gestures to the food. "I wouldn't lavish me with that much praise, the meats a bit burnt, and the eggs a bit runnier then I'd like, though I do try. As for the day..." Pausing he crosses his arms and leans forward, "I promised myself I'd make up for all that time I spent working to help Payne get this up and running. So that, starts today. Say the word and we'll stay here and boot the little ones out, want to go out, works for me. Your the queen for the day and I merely your willing servant."

Lucy Took
Iceberg of Friendship
Iceberg of Friendship

Postby Lucy Took » Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:44 pm

River shrugged. Of course she saw the flaws pointed out and had she wanted to she could have nitpicked everything, but she didn't want to. "Well, I think that the love in it makes it taste perfect." she said, taking some of the beans with the sausage while she listened to the rest that he had to say. "We might as well stay in for now, no need to boot anyone out yet, seems like everyone's already off doing their own thing, otherwise they would have been tryin' to get some breakfast. If we want to see a show or go out for dinner later we can always do that. After all the party plannin' I really donna feel like plannin' anythin' fer the day."

Morningglory
Is a pony

Postby Morningglory » Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:04 pm

Lens came to slowly at the sound of loud pounding on the dorm room door, and slowly slid out from under Chroma's arm, kissing him on the cheek as she slid away. She lazily made her way to the door, muttering to herself, "Yeah, yeah. I'm coming, I'm coming." She grumbled, stumbling up to the door, bleary eyed. She opened the door, and her eyes opened wide. Ivy stood at the door, a slight tremble along her shoulders, and a burning anger gleaming sharply in the crimson eyes behind her glasses. Tiny Ivy's presence took up the entire doorway and Lens actually gasped, despite herself, her orange eyes bleary with confusion. "Um... Ivy... You've got a little something... right about... um, here?" She mumbled as she stuck out her arm, motioning to all of her.

Ivy's eyes narrowed and she struggled to keep her composure. "Lens, get your clothes on and come with me." She said coolly. "We need to talk." Her hands balled at her sides, digging her nails into her palms. Lens looked her over and cocked an eyebrow.

"Ooookay. Just a sec." She said, closing the door slowly. Lens pulled on some random clothes she had in a drawer at his place. She scribbled down a note to Chroma, and left it on the table.

"Something's up. Ivy's angry. Went to cool her down. Call me. - Lens"

Lens gave him one more kiss and walked back out into the hallway, closing the door quietly behind her. "Best let him sleep. Now what were you going on about?" Lens asked as they made their way down the hall. Instead of turning to look at her, Ivy kept staring straight ahead. "Not here." She said, her voice low. "The greenhouse."

Ivy and Lens to the Greenhouse.

Lucy Took
Iceberg of Friendship
Iceberg of Friendship

Postby Lucy Took » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:13 am

Chroma's morning went by quickly, and quite well, even if he slept through it, he fell asleep with Lens laying in his arms with her wings for a blanket so that counted for a pretty good morning. He groggily registered some of what was going on with Ivy's passionate knock on the door, but it took him about ten minutes before his body decided that it was OK with him crawling out of his sleeping state. He looked over at the note and threw on a shirt and scribbled his sleep cycle that night in a journal as he ordered his phone to dial his marefriend.

"Hey Sweetie, I heard Ivy was upset, what happened?"

Korkoa
Site Admin / Pyro
Site Admin / Pyro

Postby Korkoa » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:53 pm

Omega Omega Omega House (Tri-Stomp Cave)
Spell Catcher

After receiving Kerrigan's email, Spell Catcher had gone into action immediately. The Head Dean had teleported into the dank living room with a burst of smoke and his magic extended throughout the house, every single door and window slamming shut. A dark-hued barrier was erected around them, effectively sealing all the exits. While the older Unicorn didn't know the details, the email had sounded urgent, and Spell had observed enough to consider it reasonable grounds for extreme action. Under the surprised scrutiny of the members of the fraternity, Spell stalked downstairs, quickly locating the mains among the poker tables and laundry heaps. With a flick of his wrist, magic took hold here too, the water, gas, and electricity shutting down instantaneously. Summoning an orb of light in front of him, he stormed back upstairs, grabbing a stained pillowcase on the way. Arriving back in the living room, Spelled yelled out in a magically enhanced voice to assure he'd be heard; "TRIPLE OMEGA FRATERNITY BROTHERS. FRONT AND CENTER, LIVING ROOM, RIGHT NOW." He waited a moment while the large stallions, most in some state of disrobe shuffled into the room curiously. One of them in particular seemed taken aback by the sight. "Um sir, that's... Is that my pill--"

"No. Now it's an evidence bag. Listen all of you, until further notice this facility is on lockdown. There has been an incident which you will be briefed on when Dean Hannibal arrives," Spell noted several looks of discomfort from around the room. "And then there will be questions, I'm sure. For now, every cell phone, music player with wireless connectivity, laptop, power cords for towered computers, and any other means of electronic communication will be placed in this bag until further notice. Is that clear?" Shouts of outrage came from nearly every corner of the room as the students booed and hissed at Spell. "You can't take our personal property!" One of them cried out, clearly intoxicated, stepping forward and taking a swing at the Unicorn half his size. Spell simply shifted slightly and thrust a hand out, lightly touching the boy's arm. The room suddenly filled with mint-scented smoke and the sound of countless pops as the taller Unicorn sagged against the far wall, retching violently. "Royal Blue, yes?" Spell asked coldly, stepping forward and noting with pleasure the parting that he got from it. "I know you. I know your parents, both alumni from here. Your family has a history with us and so you should know that in the course of an investigation, especially one as serious as this, this house is owned by the school, and anything is it is subject to investigation. Asking was merely a formality. Now, if you'll go round up everything I asked for without vomit from your sudden case of teleportation sickness, I may be persuaded to forgive the attempted assault on a faculty member." He said with a snarl before turning to the rest of them and motioning to the bag. "What are you all waiting for? GO!"

captain_borgue
Is a cackling Pony

Postby captain_borgue » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:13 am

The flames that burst to life in front of the frat house were sloppy, inelegant, and haphazard. Having to transport herself and two others, on top of an already taxing day, had made the necessary concentration most difficult. Fortunately, Kerrigan managed to land them all safely. She shook her head to clear the ringing in her ears, before taking in the bizarre scene in front of her. The landscaping all around the frat house was wrapped in thick, ropy vines, which were themselves covered in vivid blue flowers. Kerrigan was not an expert on flowers by any means, but this seemed strangely anticlimactic, given the events of the day. And worse yet, Evelyn wasn't even here.

"It appears we are too late," Kerrigan said, nonchalantly. "Though I am loathe to get any closer. Do either of you know what kind of plant this is?"

Morningglory
Is a pony

Postby Morningglory » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:25 am

Lens was still reeling from the sudden transportation across the campus, and her knees buckled underneath her. She took a few deep breaths and slowly got back up to her feet, brushing off her knees and bum. "Sweet Celestia, Dean Hannibal..." She muttered, but trailed off as she laid eyes on the field of thick vines and bright blue flowers shining in the moonlight. She stared at them, dumbfounded for a moment, then slowly nodded to herself, "Welp, that's new... Love what they've done with the place." She said, chuckling nervously, until she saw that Dean Hannibal was clearly not in the joking mood. She cleared her throat and let out a sigh, "Well, if Ivy's description is any indication, these are poison joke. I remember she told me not to touch it last time I visited her in the greenhouse." She said offhandedly, "And this is definitely her handiwork, though I didn't know she was capable of... this." She said, indicating the wide radius of flowers with a sweeping arm. "I don't know what happened, but whatever they did, they must have seriously ticked her off."

TwentySided

Postby TwentySided » Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:19 pm

Double Edge - Dorms - Rose's and Tiny's Dorm

Double sat down next to Rose as she scooted over. listening to the Diamond Dog and Rose as they ate. "Tiny? You went dancing? He asked, taking a spoonful of his mixed fruit, savoring the flavors. They seemed fresh, but had a touch of something else, he guessed it was because they were more than likely canned, but regardless, still good.

Hearing that Tiny knew how to dance however, that was intriguing. Rose had said that they pair knew how and danced with each. Grabbing a napkin, and pulling a pen from his pocket, Double quickly jotted down a message before pushing it over to Tiny, Please teach me how to do the Tango

Seeing Rose sink down, Double couldn't help but ask, "Wait, what's wrong with your mom being here?" It was an odd reaction for sure, after hearing your mom visiting.

captain_borgue
Is a cackling Pony

Postby captain_borgue » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:41 pm

"Suffice to say, they did. Better you hear from me than the wild speculation no doubt about to ensue, but there has been an assault," Kerrigan said, trying to study the tumultuous growth of vines. "This is quite remarkable work, especially in such short time. Do you happen to know how dangerous this Poison Joke is? It is clear from miss Alistair's... gift package that it is at the very least toxic. Hmmm... it appears you two will not be able to assist me in talking her down if she is not here. You know her best, where else could she be?"

Rose Gold and Tiny, dorms

"It... it's kind of a long story," Rose said, trying to disappear.

Tiny chuckled. "Rosie's parents are... well they're both very successful in their fields. It gave Rosie a bit of a complex when she was little," Tiny said, picking up double's note and giving him a raised eyebrow over his cup of coffee. He hastily scribbled a reply on the other side, loudly slurping his coffee to cover the sound of pen scratching.

Why do you want ME to teach you, the note said, which he crumpled up and tossed, over Rose's head, and into Double's lap.

"N-no!" Rose protested, oblivious to the skullduggery note. "I, uh, I just... don't want to interrupt whatever big important thing she's doing here, that's all! I mean, you know Mom's always got a schedule!"

Tiny rolled his eyes, sighing dramatically. "Rose, if you don't want to go see your Mom, just say so. But you know, I bet Double would like to meet her," Tiny said, grinning. He loudly crunched the last strip of bacon, and scribbled out another note.

If I teach you, you'll owe me a favor. A big one. Nod if we have a deal.
Last edited by captain_borgue on Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Lucy Took
Iceberg of Friendship
Iceberg of Friendship

Postby Lucy Took » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:26 pm

Chroma looked over the plants and started a hover to avoid touching them. He'd heard of poison joke before and it really didn't sound like something he wanted to mess with. "I've never seen poison joke in person before, but I've read about it in a Magical Chemistry class. It's not fatal, or even something that has lasting effects it's just...uncomfortable, inconvenient and embarrassing." he said before looking at Lens. "And while Lens here would know better, my guess would be either in her dorm or the greenhouse. Do you want to split up?"

captain_borgue
Is a cackling Pony

Postby captain_borgue » Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:27 pm

"Hmmm... the Dean of Mares will need to know about this, as well. One of you check the greenhouse, and another the dormitories. I will handle things here," Kerrigan said, quickly extracting her phone and firing off a text to Dean Firesong.

I will require your assistance with a disciplinary matter. There has been an incident. I regret that circumstances prevent me from further explanation at this time.

With that, Kerrigan sighed heavily, and lifted off into the air, hovering above the blue plants and carefully making her way to the front of the frat house door. A gout of flame cleared away some of the blossoms, but even a direct shot of dragon fire didn't burn through the vines themselves, only blackened the skin and caused a bluish sap to run through the cracks and blisters that appeared. No doubt some kind of evolutionary defense mechanism, perhaps a coolant-like quality to the sap that enabled it to disperse heat quickly. It was fascinating... even if dangerous. Kerrigan couldn't help herself, her curiosity, and hoarding instinct, compelled her to carefully pick a blossom, wrap it in a kerchief, and place it in the bag Ivy had given her.

After a few minutes of carefully moving vines and avoiding the sap, she cleared part of the front door. It glowed faintly and smelled of mint, which meant Spell had gotten her message. She knocked forcefully three times. "Spell, it's me. May I come in?"

TwentySided

Postby TwentySided » Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:29 pm

Double Edge - Dorms - Rose's and Tiny's Dorm

"Last time I remember meeting your mom was back at Canterlot, that one Gala." Double replied, thinking Tiny's offer over. Having a big favor owed to him could mean just about anything but he had little say in the matter. Looking to the diamond dog he nodded. "I mean I can't really say that was even meeting her, it was more her thanking and scolding. But I don't want to impose. If you don't feel comfortable with seeing her that's alright."

Korkoa
Site Admin / Pyro
Site Admin / Pyro

Postby Korkoa » Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:09 pm

After collecting all the communications devices in the house, Spell stood by the stained bag, staring at the gathered crowd with his arms crossed. Royal Blue had recovered from his condition eventually, and was sitting sullen in the corner. The house was filled with an uncomfortable silence until three sharp knocks and a sharp voice pierced the silence. "Ah good, your doom is upon you." Spell said coldly, raising a hand and snapping his fingers. The double doors flew open, revealing the imposing Dragoness outside, and Spell waved her in. "Ah Dean Hannibal. We were just waiting for you. Please come in and enlighten the group."

Return to “Equestria University (RP)”