Dorms & Apartments, Ch 2

Enter Luna University near scenic Salt Lick City.
Liberty_Walk
Is a not so serious Pony

Re: Dorms & Apartments, Ch 2

Postby Liberty_Walk » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:44 pm

Storm Chaser - Apartments - Party

A younger gryphon (obviously a freshman) appears at the doorway, looking dumbfounded at the unhinged door, "I guess I found the party," he mumbles to no one in particular, looking kind of nervous about entering.
When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.
-Albert Einstein
Liberty's theme

Korkoa
Site Admin / Pyro
Site Admin / Pyro

Postby Korkoa » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:55 pm

Static Shock raced up the stairs, her new friend in tow. She'd spent the entire trip to the apartment building talking the Diamond Dog's ear off, and now that she was close to the party and her cousins, she was just making a high-pitched 'Squee'-ing noise. They arrived at the correct floor and Static dove over the remains of the door, nearly knocking into a Griffon student. "Sorry! Hi everyone I'm here sorry I'm late-" She said, rushing up to River and hugging her; "But I was at Double's match and he and Rose are coming by later to get Tiny here but for now it's just us but it's a party so it'll be a lot of fun!" She blurted out with a big, stupid grin on her face the whole time.

"Eh, I s'ppose ye have a point." Booster said, rooting around his bedside table, "Donnae wanna give anyone the wrong ideas either though, aye? I like Serenade, she's a sweet girl, but I donnae know how seriously she'd take the offer to jus' dance."

Lucy Took
Iceberg of Friendship
Iceberg of Friendship

Postby Lucy Took » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:59 pm

"Well it would be obvious if you danced with me and maybe even your sister to that it was just for fun,wouldn't it?" Prism said, pointing to a shiny music player. "I don't think that would give the wrong idea."

River noticed that no one had come to the newcomer yet so she sighed and let Tarnished deal with the loud mare and moved over to the griffon with a plain glass of punch. "Welcome! I'm River, make yourself at home."
~If this should end in fire, then we should all burn together~

captain_borgue
Is a cackling Pony

Postby captain_borgue » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:19 pm

Nova made her way around the party, chatting here and there and getting some punch for her and Tellie. There was quite the oddball cast of characters here, even if one ignored the fact the door was about on its last legs. "Welp, they have conveniently labelled the refreshments as 'normal' and 'spiked'. So that's nice, I guess? Anyways, here-" Nova said, handing Tellie a cup. "I got the spiked for me, because why not, right?" she said, before downing the whole thing and dragging Tellie further into the room.

Kimi chatted with Serenade a bit more, mostly about idle things. Somehow or other the issue of the tri-stomps came up, and Kimi noticed Serenade look visibly shaken. "They are all just jerks, anyway. They act like they are the nobility around here, but there's nothing noble about them. You'd be better off just staying away," Kimi said, drinking some more punch. "But enough about sad things. There's music and drinks and all sorts of weird new people. You ever danced before?" she said, feeling her skin grow flush. She'd had three spiked punches on a mostly empty stomach, and it seemed like the alcohol was finally doing its job and getting her to be more outgoing.

Tiny was almost overwhelmed by all the various scents here. And chef among them was alcohol- he was not particularly fond of the stuff, and the fact that it was here made him very leery of sticking around, or of Rose coming by later. He slunk around the edge of the room as much as possible, trying to avoid anypony's notice... and that's when he heard snippets of conversation, including the word 'dance'.

Rose loved to dance, and because of this, Tiny had learned through necessity how to dance a myriad of styles. And despite himself, he actually rather enjoyed it- and not just because Rose was always just so happy whenever she had a chance to dance, either. His curiosity piqued, Tiny poured himself a glass of water and scanned the crowd, waiting to see what sort of dancing this motley crew had in mind.

MagusZeal
Site Admin / Lore Master
Site Admin / Lore Master

Postby MagusZeal » Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:01 am

Silvershine
Dorms – ΨΩΦ Floor- Apartments

Shaking her head at Payne's friend the mare was trying to make sense of the weirdness that this place was turning into when she noticed Tiny slinking about around the edges of the party. Shoving off the wall she'd been leaning against for the last hour she makes her way through over to the diamond dog. “So how are you tonight Tiny?

Tarnished Repute
ΨΩΦ Floor- Apartments

Giving a wave to River, Tarnished steps towards Ryla with Payne on his heels after pocketing his phone. “So Ryla I take it grabbing a pony and kicking a door off the hinges is part of a normal day?”

Not waiting for an answer Payne steps between the two of them holding up a hand to Tarnished, while her other reaches for Ryla's ear. “I apologize for Ryla's behavior Tarnished, and while I understand this is your home apartment. Still this gathering is for a group under my leadership, so if you'll excuse me.

Ignoring the other mares protests Payne drags the other mare by the ear quickly out into the hall and out of the groups ear shot. Shaking his head about the entire thing Tarnished shrugs at the entire thing before checking on Joe in the kitchen to make sure the stallion had found what he needed. Making his way over to River he gives returns to her side giving her a soft squeeze of the shoulder. “Well this is turning out to be interesting.”

Liberty_Walk
Is a not so serious Pony

Postby Liberty_Walk » Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:32 pm

"Oh, hi. thanks." The gryphon smiles and accepts the punch, "I'm Storm Chaser, it's nice to meet you, River." He chuckles, "Gotta say your name right after I hear it, or I'll probably forget it... I'm really bad about that."
When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.
-Albert Einstein
Liberty's theme

Lucy Took
Iceberg of Friendship
Iceberg of Friendship

Postby Lucy Took » Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:58 pm

"This is my fiancee, Tarnished Repute" River said, resting her head on his arm. "And Repute, this is Storm Chaser." She looked back to Storm, "How did you hear about the party? Did you get the campus email invite? It's great to see someone new around here, most of our guests came from word of mouth, I was hoping that this party would help everyone make new friends."

Liberty_Walk
Is a not so serious Pony

Postby Liberty_Walk » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:31 pm

"oh, pleased to meet you, Tarnished Repute. I, uh, I overheard some people talking about it in the cafeteria, and they said it was an open invitation. And, seeing as I reeeeally don't know anypony..." he trails off, raising an eye ridge.
-Albert Einstein
Liberty's theme

Lucy Took
Iceberg of Friendship
Iceberg of Friendship

Postby Lucy Took » Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:19 pm

"You came to the right place!" River said, nodding. "Informal parties seem like a great way to meat others. How about you have some punch and cookies? My brother's about to set up some music and I think some people were going to dance. Or you can just stick around and tell me a little about yourself."

Liberty_Walk
Is a not so serious Pony

Postby Liberty_Walk » Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:54 pm

"Oh, I'm not sure I'm any good at..." He hesitates, and has trouble getting out the next word, " ... 'Dancing' " The quotation marks around 'dancing' are quite obvious, but he doesn't seem to hold contempt for those who are going to go up there. "I'm more traditional of a dancer. Been doing ballet since I was seven. Not sure I could make myself move like that if I tried."
-Albert Einstein
Liberty's theme

captain_borgue
Is a cackling Pony

Postby captain_borgue » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:05 pm

Kimi's ears perked up at a highly unfamiliar sound- a male voice admitting to doing ballet. "Excuse me a moment," she said to Serenade, before wending her way to the newcomer. Another griffon, too- interesting, that. "I couldn't help but overhear- you do ballet? I've never met anyone else who could do ballet," Kimi said, eying the newcomer. The alcohol she'd been drinking had done it's job and turned off the part of her brain that said when things were a bad idea, which mean the only thing in her head was curiosity. "I was in Swan Lake and The Nutcracker when I was a little girl, but I haven't had much time for ballet since," she said, a little wistfully. "What about you? What was your favorite piece? What roles have you had?" she said, suddenly very interested in hearing what he had to say.

Liberty_Walk
Is a not so serious Pony

Postby Liberty_Walk » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:18 pm

"well, I've mostly just been a backup performer, but I did get to play Basilio in Don Quixote for a run once, which was... The attention was amazing, being such a major character. I'm Storm Chaser, by the way." he holds his hand out.
-Albert Einstein
Liberty's theme

captain_borgue
Is a cackling Pony

Postby captain_borgue » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:39 pm

"Oh hell, I didn't introduce myself. Sorry, I'm Kimi. I'm not usually very good at this being social thing, so I'm trying my hand at just sort of jumping in," Kimi said, with a lopsided grin. "So you do any other dances, by chance? I mean, ballet is awesome, don't get me wrong. But it can be a lot of pressure compared to something like, say, samba."

Liberty_Walk
Is a not so serious Pony

Postby Liberty_Walk » Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:38 am

"I'm afraid not, really. I've been doing ballet so long, it kinda invades any other type of dancing I try." he chuckles, "that has a tendency to throw my dance partners off. Though, I do okay at ice dancing. Nothing competition-level, and I wouldn't dare try a lift yet. But I'm good enough for it to be fun."
-Albert Einstein
Liberty's theme

captain_borgue
Is a cackling Pony

Postby captain_borgue » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:48 pm

Kimi smiled. "I know the feeling, but where ballet is structured and ordered, there are other dances where you can express yourself through the art of movement, and just let yourself go. It can be liberating, to let yourself move however you wish," Kimi said, downing the last dregs of punch in her glass. "I like you, Storm Chaser- you don't seem concerned with how others see you. I can respect that," she said, nodding appreciatively. "So... Storm Chaser. How did you get that name? There must be quite a story behind it."

Morningglory
Is a pony

Postby Morningglory » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:40 am

Serenade watched Kimi walk away, and her ears pricked up at the mention of ballet. She immediately made her way over to the male griffin, her silver horseshoes clicking on the hardwood floor, her black curls and ribbons bouncing as she hurried to follow along. She smiled listening to the two talking about the cultural past time. "You both did ballet? That's wonderful! I didn't know that there would be so much culture at this party! This is fantastic!" She said sincerely. "I have always been partial to Giselle. So beautiful and full of emotion. This is such a wonderful honor to meet two such talented individuals! This is clearly a sign of good things to come!" She beamed.

captain_borgue
Is a cackling Pony

Postby captain_borgue » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:46 am

"You're very kind," Kimi said to Serenade, smiling. "I've never seen Giselle, though I always wanted to," Kimi said, wistfully. "It sure is nice for somepony to actually appreciate the art of it. Have you seen any others?"

Tiny couldn't really hear over the hum of conversation and the music starting up. The party, despite being noisier and more crowded than he would have preferred, seem to be going just fine. Rose would probably enjoy it, if she were here. Tiny fidgeted uncomfortably at the thought, but he hadn't been here all that long. Tiny sighed and sniffed at the air hopefully- there was a lingering scent of cookies. Maybe if he had something to eat, he wouldn't be spending all his time worrying, and could actually observe this party to see if this group or club or whatever would be beneficial to her to join. "I'm feeling a little out of place, to be honest," Tiny said to Silvershine. "It's weird to be somewhere without Rose. I don't really know what I'm supposed to be doing. Being hungry doesn't help any, either. You got any snacks, maybe?"

Liberty_Walk
Is a not so serious Pony

Postby Liberty_Walk » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:55 pm

Storm hesitates, looking a bit shy, then wills himself to come out with the truth. "It's a little hard for me to talk about to new people, but I have been trying real hard to be outgoing about it. You see, I was adopted by Ponies as a foa-er a hatchling." He shrugs, looking a little nervous "Hence the Equestrian name and accent. Needless to say, it got me picked on a lot when I was little, and I've been kinda shy about it." A nervous chuckle escapes his beak, "Okay, make that really shy about it." Storm shakes his head, "Of course, when I found ballet, It was great, at first. I loved it, I thought it was something I could do to escape. Well, sure, when I was in elementary school, I could. In middle school, I got picked on for that worse than for my family. So... yeah..." he trails off, looking a little nervous again.
-Albert Einstein
Liberty's theme

TwentySided
Site Admin / Benevolent One

Postby TwentySided » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:56 pm

Double Edge - Campus Dorms - Rose's dorm room

This, this was a good evening, got a chance to fight, which would probably be coming back to bite him tomorrow, but no, that wasn't nearly the best part. A kiss, a date and a kiss from Rose. Yes, today was certainly a good day. Double really couldn't think of much that would make this day any better than it already was.

"I can't believe your dreams smell of sweaty me. Really I'm not even clean in your dreams? Jeez, dream me needs to set some priorities." Double joked as he followed Rose into her dorm. Looking around, Double was actually rather surprised, the dorm itself was a fair size, a fair sized living area, with what looked like two rooms off to the side as well as a bathroom, no that wasn't the surprising thing, no it was how clean everything was. There was no mess, no real gathering of trash or anything one would see in a typical college dorm. It was spotless. "Wow! This, this is surprisingly clean. I'm not saying that I expected it to be a mess, but at least a bit like a college dorm, but this, this is like something you would find in a magazine. Rose are you sure that you actually have laundry that needs to be cleaned?" He asked, placing his satchel on a nearby chair.

Taking a look around the dorm room. "Your room is the one on the...right I take it?" He asked, taking a peek inside. It was more like what he expected at least a bit more. a single bed and desk with computer, a headset hanging on a chair, that he could only guess was for the computer itself.

captain_borgue
Is a cackling Pony

Postby captain_borgue » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:26 pm

Kimi, at the party

"Oh, definitely preaching to the choir there," Kimi said, brushing the tip of one of her horns absently. "A lot of ponies growing up thought that I looked weird, and that was reason enough to come at me. That all changed right around middle school, when I grew... well, big. Mostly they left me alone after that... though the all alone thing is almost as bad as the teasing. At least here there hasn't been any of that," Kimi added, smiling. "I mean, look at us! We're surrounded by all kinds of ordinary pony folk, and they're all friendly and cheerful and whatnot. I mean, we've even got fans! Like Serenade here," Kimi said, giving the smaller mare a one-armed hug. It occurred to her at that point that touching wasn't something she usually did... which meant she might have had too much to drink.

Rose Gold, her dorm

"Yeah, that's Tiny's doing. He keeps everything really tidy out here, so it doesn't mess with my mind map. My room is a little... well not," Rose said apologetically, leading Double towards her side of the room. "So I try to throw my laundry in the same corner, so somewhere over there is the pile of grossness that is all of my clothes. Tiny usually comes in while I'm in class, then magic happens, and it's all folded nice and neat in the dresser over there. Socks in the top left, bras in the middle, undies in the right- then the second drawer is all my bottom stuff arranged by length- middle left is all my skirts and shorts, middle middle is capris or non-winter stuff, and middle right is long dresses or pants or sweats and stuff. Then the bottom one is all my top stuff, because I'm hilarious. and it's all a mishmash of tshirts and stuff, because that's pretty much all I wear," Rose said. "Most of my regular clothes I know by feel- like, if it has a zipper, it's pants. Or if there's a tag on it, that's where the back of the shirt is. Or if it's lacy, it's undies. Or if it's got a wire in it, it's a bra. But aside from that, I got nothin'," rose said, shrugging.

"Everything in here is arranged in a way that I can always tell where I am by, at most, sticking my arm out. So it doesn't matter which way I'm facing, if I just reach out and touch the nearest thing-" Rose said, reaching her arm out and tapping her desk- "I know which direction I'm facing. Like right now, I'm facing my desk, so the door is to my left. Behind me is the closet, where all my dirty stuff goes, and to my right is the bed. When I was a kid, my brothers would move my furniture around while I was asleep, which would mess me up like you wouldn't believe," Rose said, laughing. "It was all just hijinks, you know? Joke's on them anyways, since I'm the youngest and the only girl and blind, which meant all I had to do was get a good cry going and they'd all be in for it. It also meant I could prank them and nopony would ever believe it was me. Good times," Rose said, smiling.

"So yeah, anyway... over here by the bed is my keyboard, since you can't bring a piano to a dorm," Rose said, effortlessly hovering over to the opposite side of the room. "When it's not crazy-ass cold, I like to pop the window open so the wind kinda carries a tune too. and so everypony outside can hear it, because sometimes a girl wants to feel like she's got an audience, you know? Then just to the right of the keyboard is where my towels go. There was... a period of adjustment when I first came here, when towels went into the dirty clothes closet like everything else. But then I realized that when you are looking for a towel, it's really hard to find in elbow-deep piles of stanky stank. And you can't dry yourself off with dirty clothes. Well, I mean, you can, but then you'd get all stanky and have to shower again and- ok so long story short, towels go here now," Rose started, before realizing she was yammering away and stopping herself short of a long rant.

"So... yeah. That's my room," Rose said, feeling a blush creep up her face. "Er. So... anyway. what's the first step in this wacky sorcery that turns my funky pile into clean and comfy?"

Return to “Equestria University (RP)”