Dorms & Apartments, Ch 2

Enter Luna University near scenic Salt Lick City.
Lucy Took
Iceberg of Friendship
Iceberg of Friendship

Dorms & Apartments, Ch 2

Postby Lucy Took » Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:00 pm

The dorms are a mix of quiet rooms and ones filled with chattering ponies as studious ponies prepare for midterm exams and projects while others gossip with their new found friends or make plans for outings, study groups, and club meeting. A common topic among the underclassmen is if they plan on staying in their dorm the next semester or moving into a fraternity or sorority house after Winter break or if they wish to stick with their dorms, classes and clubs for their social lives.

Across the street several rooms on one floor of an apartment have been rented out, ready to house willing members of an experimental co-ed group.
~If this should end in fire, then we should all burn together~

Lucy Took
Iceberg of Friendship
Iceberg of Friendship

Re: Dorms & Apartments, Ch 2

Postby Lucy Took » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:52 pm

River- ΨΩΦ Floor- Apartments

River pulled a final batch of cookies out of the oven and placed them on a plate before speed washing the tray and putting it away, leaving her apartment smelling of baked goods and spotless. She adjusted her vintage style dress she'd picked up with Scarlett, who she hoped was arriving soon, the week before and flung open the door to the decorated hallway. She grabbed the cookies with her magic and set them down between two punch bowls on a table that stood in between several of the open doors on her hall, some doors leading to empty rooms that would hopefully be filled soon, one lead to Payne's living room, another to Scarlett's sitting room. Streamers and balloons were tacked up, doors to bedrooms were locked, the bowl of punch that happened to be spiked was clearly mark as was the dry bowl.

"Seems like we did a perfect job of settin' up a party" she said, turning to where her fiancee and Payne were standing. "I jus' hope that the two of ye did a good enough job of gettin' the word out for people to come."

MagusZeal
Site Admin / Lore Master
Site Admin / Lore Master

Postby MagusZeal » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:24 pm

Tarnished Repute
ΨΩΦ Floor- Apartments[

“More worried about the punch bowls personally. I don't doubt the oddity of this little experiment won't draw in ponies on its own.” Rolling up the long sleeves of his white button up shirt the stallion takes his hundredth look around the room. Taking only a second to make sure they'd stay in place he straightens his dark blue vest. “Though if that doesn't bring them in I know I spread the word in a few places. I assume the same for Payne as well.”

Knight Tyrfang
Is a cackling Pony

Postby Knight Tyrfang » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:59 pm

Delightful Payne Jr.
Apartments

"Well, I did inform our friends and others we knew." Payne spoke up. "I do hope they come."

Korkoa
Site Admin / Pyro
Site Admin / Pyro

Postby Korkoa » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:55 pm

Booster Gold
Apartment Complex-Aura suite

Booster stepped out of his room, straightening his vest and digging in his pockets to pull out the key to his room. His horn flared a moment and the key glowed a subtle blue before he returned it to his pocket. It was a very basic version of a binding spell, he hadn't learned more powerful versions yet. Basically, for the duration of the spell, they key, if lost or stolen, would return to his pocket inside of five minutes. It only lasted a few hours, but it made Booster feel better that nobody would be wandering his space unless he wanted it. He rolled up the sleeves of his white shirt and loosened his colorful tie. He stepped out into the living room and heard familiar voices through the open doorway. Stepping out, he saw his sister, Tarnished, and the fancy mare Tarnished seemed to be friends with. A smile on his face, he stepped in to join the conversation. "An' I mentioned it to Static too, so I'm sure she spread plenty o' word! Least till somethin' shiny caught her eye, aye?"

Lucy Took
Iceberg of Friendship
Iceberg of Friendship

Postby Lucy Took » Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:14 am

River

"Forget about fliers and emails sent to everyone, if Static knows, everyone knows." River said to her brother. "Is she planning on dragging Double here latter? I know he had a fencing match, but at least they could come get some food."

Prism

Prism kept a hold on Silvershine's hand as she jogged up the stairs to the floor that was holding a party. "Cheer up Silver, It's a party!" She said with a bounce to her voice. "And probably a good one at that. I've never heard of a Co-Ed Frat before and I'd like to give it a look, I'll have to join some kind of sorority or Mom will never get off my back about pledging to her beloved Sigmas. They're a nice group and all, and I love my Mom, but I'd rather not have her be the teacher I have to report everything to. You're lucky your Dad isn't a frat adviser." She swung open the door to the party's floor. "See, good party. Booster's here! And I bet his sister made cookies."

MagusZeal
Site Admin / Lore Master
Site Admin / Lore Master

Postby MagusZeal » Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:22 am

Silvershine
Dorms – ΨΩΦ Floor- Apartments

Dragging her hooves the mare gives a half hearted wave towards her cousin Booster. “Yay... cookies.” Spinning a finger in the air the mare looks away from the stallion. It was great to be reminded of that fact, or even how they'd both found out while introducing each other to their uncle Breaker. Of course the older stallion had just laughed at the entire thing, but it meant now somepony else, somepony she barely knew was aware of who here parents were. “Hope she made fudge, I'm in more of a mood for that.

Tarnished Repute
ΨΩΦ Floor- Apartments

Nodding towards Payne's other friends entering the stallion smiles broadly. “See nothing to worry about and here comes a few guests now.”

Knight Tyrfang
Is a cackling Pony

Postby Knight Tyrfang » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:09 am

Delightful Payne
Apartments - ΨΩΦ Floor

At the appearance of the stallion, and suddenly at least two other students, Payne stiffened slightly. She hadn't expected them to come so soon, and was hoping to be able to talk with River and Tarnished about what to do about the party. At most, she was taught how to host parties, but she was certain the parties that her father had trained her to manage, and a college party were two vastly different things. But nonetheless, the young mare felt she had to be hospitable somehow.

"Ah, welcome." Payne said calmly, relaxing and giving a delicate curtsy. A very practiced motion, that had all the subtleties worked out, from how she held the hem of her dress, to how it fell and how low she tipped her head. "I welcome you all to our little get together for our little group, Phi Omega Psi. My name's Delightful Payne Jr., daughter of Regal Payne, President of Shackles & Steel Co. I will be your host, as well as the President of this sorority."

She paused, realizing that she had just gone straight for the formal introduction she was supposed to give when hosting anything, that her father had branded into her head. Feeling a bit embarrassed and nervous, though never betraying it, she was worried that she was already getting off on the wrong hoof. Payne was hoping that Tarnished could read that and help her out a bit, while turning to address River.

"...Anyways, do we have any fudge River?" Payne asked in response to one of the mare's comments.

Lucy Took
Iceberg of Friendship
Iceberg of Friendship

Postby Lucy Took » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:26 pm

"Aye. We do." River said, slipping into the kitchen and pulling a plate out of the freezer. She hadn't meant it for the party, she'd made a bunch in class and saved it for the flat to have as a snack, but didn't see any reason not to have it for a party treat. "Hello Prism, hello Silver! How are ye doin' today? How's Uncle Mustang??" she said as she came out and offered them a piece of fudge which Prism took gladly.

"I'm doing great"
Prism said, nibbling on her piece, "Couldn't pass up a party. Besides, Booster and I are starting to become good theater friends besides him being my best friend's cousin."

MagusZeal
Site Admin / Lore Master
Site Admin / Lore Master

Postby MagusZeal » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:40 pm

Silvershine
Dorms – ΨΩΦ Floor- Apartments

Passing on the fudge Silver shrugs at her cousin's question. “Cranky like usual, thankfully uncle Breaker didn't mention anything to him about Booster and me. Beyond that doing great, half the school now knows who my dad is and pretty much no boy is gonna come near me.” Slumping her shoulders the mare steps over towards Payne stopping at the mares shoulder. “When the next group of ponies show up I'd defiantly avoid going the full formal route again. That is unless your wanting this to be a formal group with all the prime and proper décor that comes with it.

Tarnished Repute
ΨΩΦ Floor- Apartments

Clasping a hand to Payne's back Tarnished smiles widely, “The young mare has a point, though there will be plenty of events where that level of décor would be of use. Try to relax Payne.”

Knight Tyrfang
Is a cackling Pony

Postby Knight Tyrfang » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:01 pm

Delightful Payne Jr.
Apartment - ΨΩΦ Floor

"I'm perfectly relaxed." She replied, sounding haughty. But she was grateful. "But thank you, I'll take that into consideration."

Morningglory
Is a pony

Postby Morningglory » Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:17 pm

Serenade finished perfecting her makeup in the mirror and stood back to check from a distance. Her thick black curls bounced as she clicked her heels excitedly, and her short petticoat under her skirt bounced in time. She'd never had a party like this before, and River had told her to dress comfortably. She smoothed the ruffles of her skirt gently and made her way out of her room into the main area that was already beginning to fill with other ponies. She peered around the room, slowly taking it in, fiddling with the red ribbons she had tied into her hair. She chewed her perfectly lipsticked lip until her eyes fell on River. She grinned and flounced her way across the room towards her friend, "River! There you are! Is this appropriate for a party? It's my best party dress!"

Morningglory
Is a pony

Postby Morningglory » Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:53 pm

Lens practically threw open the door to the apartment building from her invitation, a toothy grin on her face. "We. Have. Arrived!" She announced to no one in particular and glanced around the place eagerly, "Decorations? Check! Food? Check! Ponies looking vaguely uncomfortable from a completely unannounced and totally awesome introduction? CHECK! This must be the place!" She nodded approvingly as she turned sideways to let her nervous roommate peer into the room, "Good thing, too! Otherwise this would be totally awkward!" She said flippantly, obviously not caring a lick what anyone else would have actually thought. She swept an arm behind Ivy and scooted her in ahead of herself. "Well, go on! You can't just him and haw outside after an introduction like that! Scoot!" She beamed.

Ivy found herself prodded into the apartment full of other ponies, much to her own chagrin. She blushed behind her thick red curls and desperately looked for a corner to hide in. It quickly became apparent that hiding was not going to be an option, at least, not with Lens around. She let out an exasperated sigh and walked on ahead of her, trying to downplay her now complete embarrassment. "You didn't have to practically kick in the door, Lens." She murmured under her breath.

"Oh, do you think I should have actually kicked it in? That would have made a bigger entrance, but they might bill me for the doorframe." She said, still grinning, the bells on her earrings jingling with her every step. "Not like this place couldn't afford it. I just thought it would be rude."

"I don't think you'd know rude if it bit you." Ivy muttered under her breath.

Lucy Took
Iceberg of Friendship
Iceberg of Friendship

Postby Lucy Took » Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:26 am

"It looks great on ye Serenade." River replied to her friend. "Though it doesn't look quite as comfortable as I expected ye to want to dress, it'll make a good impression. Red's always a great color for ye. But if ye find that the lace gets in the way, yer free to change later. But take some pictures dressed like that first!" she said, nudging over towards Booster. River might not have been the most observant pony, but it didn't take an observant pony to see that her brother was acting the part of a Prince Charming to a T around Serenade. Well, Serenade and every other girl. But River figured her friend had every right to be her brother's princess if they both wanted to.

She was jarred out of her thoughts by the sudden arrival of a duo of guests. She went up to them, grabbing a cup of spiked punch with her magic as she did. The arrival was unconventional, but the party had been coming off pretty stiff and formal. Besides, Lens Flare had been making a reputation for herself on campus and it might be great publicity for the group to have her as a pledge. It could also damage their so far clean reputation, but it wasn't like she'd done anything blatantly wrong in public. "Welcome!" the shorter mare finally announced. "It's an unexpected arrival, but this party did need some life. Care for a drink? Or some desert?"

captain_borgue
Is a cackling Pony

Postby captain_borgue » Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:40 am

Kimi stared at the envelope with her name on it, that had contained within it an invitation to join Phi Omega Psy, some new Greek group. The astonishing part was that anypony had invited her at all- ever since the Fall Formal costume party, Kimi found there were less disapproving looks, less furtive whispers. It was almost as though she were popular, a notion she thoroughly detested. Still, curiosity compelled her to, if nothing else, make an appearance. Razor was off watching some sort of fighting tournament, and her coursework was finished. That left precious little to do.

After a moment's thought, Kimi decided that her efforts to escape her own comfort zone were necessary to continue. She dug through her laundry for the least appallingly filthy clothes she could find, and pulled them on. Kimi wrinkled her nose at the thought of all the laundry that still needed doing. She'd been slacking off lately, due to the increased courseload Dean Hannibal had been piling on her. Still, once she had gotten a good look at this Greek group, she'd come back and spend the evening doing laundry.

Kimi walked across the campus to the specified apartment, and knocked on the not-entirely-closed door. "Good evening. Is... is this the Phi Omega Psy meeting?" she asked, holding up the invitation.

Korkoa
Site Admin / Pyro
Site Admin / Pyro

Postby Korkoa » Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:43 am

Booster Gold
Dorms-Apartments-ΨΩΦ Floor

Booster started a bit when River nudged him, having been distracted by the appearance of his cousin, Prism, and the sudden announcement of that Lens girl, with a smaller, quieter mare after her;and soon after a tall hybrid girl. "Wha'?" He asked River, raising an eyebrow before smiling at Serenade. "Uh, oh aye, ye look jus' fine Serenade. An' aye, miss, ye're in the right place! Welcome! Uh, anyone want a drink?" He asked, raising his voice to be heard by the crowd.

Morningglory
Is a pony

Postby Morningglory » Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:57 am

Lens took the cup with a grin and took a swig. "Thanks! I was getting thirsty! And do I taste a hint of something dubious?" She grinned down at the shorter mare. "Ya, I thought this party was a little quiet. I thought this was pledge week and what not? Where is everypony?" She asked, peering behind a curtain, then behind a painting, "Aw, no one there either. Boo. This party needs kicked up a notch. Where's the DJ?" She asked, looking around expectantly.

Ivy took a seat on the couch with the cup in her hands, turning it around and around in her fingers, sipping it every now and again. She could see Lens being her usual enthusiastic self and shook her head. She truly didn't know what social boundaries were. Ivy almost said something, but decided not to, her nervousness getting the best of her. She looked around the room and saw plenty of faces she'd seen before, but no one she'd ever really talked to, and she supposed it was just as much her own fault as anypony else's. She took a long sip of her drink and stood up. Lens was right, she supposed. She should meet other ponies, spread out her roots.

Serenade flounced her dress a bit and giggled, "Thanks River, Booster. I found this old thing in my closet, and I thought it would be the least formal thing I owned. But still my best "party dress"." She said enthusiastically. She looked at Booster and beamed, "I would love a drink, Booster! Would you look at all the ponies that have shown up! Isn't it great! So many new ponies that could be friends! I'm so glad we all planned this!"

Lucy Took
Iceberg of Friendship
Iceberg of Friendship

Postby Lucy Took » Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:09 am

River mentally facepalmed. "Oh. Ye know, I forgot all about music. I think one of us should have a set of speakers that we can put our iPods on, though I mostly have Shetland Pop on mine, not really what party goers around here want I'm sure. Serenade, you have anything good for a party? Oh, or Booster! You tend to keep a little bit more variety on yours than I do." She unlocked her room and brought out a set of mini speakers able to go louder than she normally had them set. "Booster, ye mind gettin' yer player?"

Knight Tyrfang
Is a cackling Pony

Postby Knight Tyrfang » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:52 pm

Delightful Payne Jr.
Apartment - ΨΩΦ Floor

Payne did a very good job of hiding how startled she was at the door slamming open, and a load of colorful characters just rushing in through the door. Though they seemed to be familiar with River, and the other stallion, so Payne kept quiet, figuring it wasn't necessary to introduce herself. It'd happen eventually, but for the moment, she wasn't sure how long she'd last talking to Over-The-Top-Girl A, or Over-The-Top-Girl B. She was told that the party was relaxed, so she wore a simple yet elegant summer dress, so the first mare's outfit was somewhat astonishing. The other girl that came with Girl B seemed to be pretty level headed, albeit quiet, but Payne had a good feeling that her companion wouldn't really let her get a word in.

The door opened again again, and this time another student came through the door. And much to payne's relief, she seemed rather normal.

"Hello." Payne said amicably, reminding herself not to be formal. "Welcome to our meet and greet. It's a pleasure to meet you."

Morningglory
Is a pony

Postby Morningglory » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:58 pm

"Hold up! I got this!"Lens reached into a seemingly invisible pocket in her skirt and fished around for a moment, tongue set in the side of her mouth out of concentration, until she pulled a small lime green music player out in her hand. She unlocked the top of the player and put it in River's hand, "Don't worry! I don't go anywhere without my tunes! If it's music, I've got it on there somewhere! Come to think of it, there's a few things on there that aren't music..." She said thoughtfully before waving her hand dismissively, "But don't worry. Those are on my special list, for when I really need to get into a groove!" She pointed to the player with an ear to ear grin, "I don't think I have to tell you I'll need that back. But you can totally borrow it to get these stiffs on their feet!"

Return to “Equestria University (RP)”