November, 2013

Holding area for previous monthly side stories.

November voting

captain_borgue - It's hard being young (Super Nova)
57%
ToonNinja - One million followers
43%

Total votes: 7

MagusZeal
Site Admin / Lore Master
Site Admin / Lore Master

November, 2013

Postby MagusZeal » Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:27 pm

Well last month Korkoa won the story contest so he'll be picking this months topic. As normal you have till the 24th to enter a story and voting will run from the 25th to the 30th, though you'll need to specify with the story if it's for DiE or EU.

Korkoa
Site Admin / Pyro
Site Admin / Pyro

Re: November, 2013

Postby Korkoa » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:22 pm

Okay, so short story prompt for this month is A DAY IN MY LIFE. Write up an excerpt from your characters journal, diary, blog, or whatever detailing any day for them.

captain_borgue
Is a cackling Pony

Postby captain_borgue » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:18 am

It's hard being young - Super Nova

(EU)

It's been a weird day. It started pretty much the same as all of them- I woke up and tried to stretch, but my room has gotten smaller so I couldn't move all that well. That, or I've gotten bigger. Hard to tell which it is. Mom read me a story, we had lunch, and all in all, it was shaping up to be another casual day, not a care in the world. Then out of nowhere, Mom starts freaking out! Next thing I know, I hear all these weird voices talking about my future- I mean, what did I do? Nothing! But everypony kept talking about how I needed to move out and 'see the world' or some nonsense like that. Well, you know how it goes- I got outvoted. So, I had to move out.

Let me tell you, it was no fun. I liked my room. It was cozy, and warm, and had everything I really needed right where I wanted it. Sure, it was pretty spartan, but I'm a girl of simple needs, I guess. I pack light, is what I'm saying. And you know how everypony is always saying how cold the real world can be? Well, they're not kidding! I was more than a little shocked- see, it wasn't just cold physically, but... well let me put it this way. The very first pony I met away from Mom's place shouted at me and smacked my flank for no reason at all! I was so shocked I burst into tears- and then get this! As soon as I did, the same mare that had smacked me got me a whole new wardrobe and a fluffy blanket to keep out the chill! Ponies are so strange sometimes!

But it's not all bad. Mom looks a lot different now, after I've moved out, but she seems pretty happy. And Dad is never far away, and willing to help out with pretty much anything I need- except for food. I don't think he's capable of making the food I like, to be honest. But even still, it's nice to have him around. And of course, my brother is a total sweetheart, even if he lacks any sense of privacy. He's always sticking his nose into my business and trying to drag me along into his wacky schemes. Though, I gotta say, some of them are pretty fun. I liked the one where we dug a big hole, filled it with water, and made a pool! Not that it was a big pool- more like a mudpuddle really. But it was sweet of him to try. He gets excited by every shiny new schemes and sparkly object, it's really cute. And I know he isn't trying to be mean when he persistently pokes around after me. And most of the time I don't mind, I know he's just looking out for me. But a girl needs some space sometimes, you know?

So yeah, that was the jist of how my day went. Pretty crazy, huh? And it's not over just yet- see, I left out a little detail. It's my birthday today! I was hoping for a small party, just me and the family. But I guess Mom had other ideas, because there were all sorts of ponies there, not just Mom, Dad, and my brother. There was a couple dressed in matching white costumes, which was kind of weird since I didn't know it was a costume party. And that lady that gave me a new wardrobe was there, too. So more crowded than I wanted, but still pretty nice. Anyways, I'd better get back to the party- though to be honest, I just want a hot bath, something to eat, and a nice long nap. Until next time!

~Super Nova

Nova cooed and wiggled her little hooves in her sleep, as Valence held her in her forearms. "Noir, Noir come look at this. I think she's dreaming," Val said, calling her beloved over so he could see her wiggle her little hooves and make gurgling and cooing noises. "I wonder what she's thinking about?" Val mused. "One of these days, you'll be able to tell me, my sweet little Nova. Happy birthday," Val cooed at her new daughter.
Last edited by captain_borgue on Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

ToonNinja
Is a pony

Postby ToonNinja » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:33 am

One Billion Followers

Boreas Veskarn @KGBorey
My children insisted I use this thing for chirping. Boreas does not chirp. Boreas cleans, and cleans well. I am too busy for chirping.

Boreas Veskarn @KGBorey
What is chirping used for? What is point of this thing? "Whatever is on mind," daughter tells me. "In 140 characters." Why 140? Whose idea w

Boreas Veskarn @KGBorey
Talk about job? Talk about life? What is point? It is like throwing a message in a bottle into an ocean of message bottles. Pointless.

Boreas Veskarn @KGBorey
I clean things. That is what I do. I clean floors, I clean rooms. I keep filthy hands and feet off the clean things.

Boreas Veskarn @KGBorey
There. I talked about job. I don't see appeal.

Boreas Veskarn @KGBorey
Screen says I have followers. It is good to know the number of enemies pursuing me.

Iris Veskarn @halfbloodprincess
@KGBorey Followers are the people who follow your Twitter account. They just see your posts.

Boreas Veskarn @KGBorey
Iris? How did you do that? And why do they see my posts?

Iris Veskarn @halfbloodprincess
You just hit reply. Or type the thing with the @ in your message.

Boreas Veskarn @KGBorey
@halfbloodprincess Good to know.

Boreas Veskarn @KGBorey
Now. @Myfollowers. Why do you follow me?

Thunder Cloud @chasingtail
@KGBorey Dude, you're cool. I mean, you're totally ex-KGB, right?

Boreas Veskarn @KGBorey
@chasingtail No. No such thing as "ex-KGB."

Boreas Veskarn @KGBorey
@chasingtail And do not think I don't remember you, Thunder Cloud of Trottingham. You left barbecue sauce on trophy cases.

@KGBorey I don't know what you're talking about.

Boreas Veskarn @KGBorey
@chasingtail 1 March 2006. Junior. Dared to "invoke janitor's wrath." Did it to impress @hawkeye90. Used Midwest Spice flavor.

Hawkeye @hawkeye90
@chasingtail @KGBorey Okay, what am I missing here?

@KGBorey This is all fake! Shut the hell up, you bastard!

Boreas Veskarn @KGBorey
@chasingtail You insult my honor? Insult my family? You have made a powerful enemy.

Trottingham Tribune @TrottingTribune
Local arrested as digital piracy ringleader: insists he was framed by Griefan intelligence. Read more @ http://www.trottinghamtribune.com

Boreas Veskarn @KGBorey
Follower counter broke. Why is this? How do I fix it?

Aestas Veskarn @aveskarn
@KGBorey You're seriously the coolest dad ever. That's why.

captain_borgue
Is a cackling Pony

Postby captain_borgue » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:36 pm

Ok, question- what if the STORY is DiE, but on the chance I win it, I want to use the prize in EU?

MagusZeal
Site Admin / Lore Master
Site Admin / Lore Master

Postby MagusZeal » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:36 am

Again you specify what RP the slot is going to be for when you post the story. If nothings posted it defaults to the setting the story is in.

MagusZeal
Site Admin / Lore Master
Site Admin / Lore Master

Postby MagusZeal » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:57 pm

Due to getting voting up so late it'll run till this Friday.

Return to “DiE Monthly Repository”