End of DiE, and DiE2

Place for everything else non pony goes here.
MagusZeal
Site Admin / Lore Master
Site Admin / Lore Master

End of DiE, and DiE2

Postby MagusZeal » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:30 pm

Okay so there's kinda this desire to end DiE soon, rather then later and start looking towards DiE2. So with that in mind lets start the conversation. Any thoughts on how we should look at a ending the RP and things you'd like to see for the sequel?

Knight Tyrfang
Is a cackling Pony

Re: End of DiE, and DiE2

Postby Knight Tyrfang » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:52 pm

Rock falls, everyone dies except for the ones that are still wanted.

Lucy Took
Iceberg of Friendship
Iceberg of Friendship

Postby Lucy Took » Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:13 pm

Pinkie Pie reveals herself to be a god and fixes everything, but allows chaos to reign

Seriously, I don't know, but I am ready for DiE to wrap up.
~If this should end in fire, then we should all burn together~

White Mocha
Is a Sane Pony

Postby White Mocha » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:36 am

A giant space ship arrives from the homeworld and starts pointing fingers. Mayor Mare is made uncomfortable.
We are what we repeatedly do.

Longshot's Theme

Oda
Servant of Trixie
Servant of Trixie

Postby Oda » Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:49 pm

Heh, well in all seriousness, perhaps an elder could move into an "endgame" plan, maybe Necerions machinations bears terrible fruit, or another elders pet project threatens to end the war.

captain_borgue
Is a cackling Pony

Postby captain_borgue » Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:23 pm

Tactically, the Dragons are losing. With the loss of the Griffins and one of their own broods as an ally and two (three?) Elders dead, that ends their capacity to be on the offensive. Which means the ponies can actually attack for the first time.

I think before we can all decide how to end it, we need to know everything that's going on. To that end, I propose we do a 'check in' post, here in this thread, to describe what our characters are currently doing- and it would be helpful to know what antagonists remain and what they are up to.

MagusZeal
Site Admin / Lore Master
Site Admin / Lore Master

Postby MagusZeal » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:32 pm

Well the issue is I've been told by a few folks they were expecting what became Appleoosa's retaking to be the mission to strike back at the Alliance home base and kill Darkfang.

captain_borgue
Is a cackling Pony

Postby captain_borgue » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:30 am

First I've heard of it. 0.o

MagusZeal
Site Admin / Lore Master
Site Admin / Lore Master

Postby MagusZeal » Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:04 pm

Again had a few who thought that's what we were doing. Beyond that the story is honestly suffering given the limited number of folks still involved and posting.

TwentySided
Site Admin / Benevolent One

Postby TwentySided » Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:55 pm

I fully agree, we need to do a massive overhaul to spark life back into this site

MagusZeal
Site Admin / Lore Master
Site Admin / Lore Master

Postby MagusZeal » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:00 pm

Okay so for DiE2, or whatever it get's called we're looking at going with an odd stat system and to make it so someone doesn't loose a character to a single bad dice roll, we're looking at a life token system, but we're not ready to discuss this.

The idea is to use a highly modified concept from Savage worlds, basically every character will have three stats, Physical, Mental, and Arcana, one would be listed as the character's primary combat stat this can not be changed or isn't supposed to change easily. Each stat would be a dice type, say starting at 1d4 and going up to 1d6, 1d8, 1d10, 1d12, and then going to multiple dice. We haven't discussed a cap or even how you'd determine starting stat's but this is the idea.

For your combat stat your'd make out your dice amount, and half it to get their defense, so for example you've got a 1d6 physical and the character's physical stat is their combat stat. When someone attacks they'd roll their own stat, and have to beat this character's defense of 3. There's questions of how Cutie Marks' would play into this along with the idea of skills, but at it's base this is the idea we've been discussing.

Now keep in mind this is supposed to be in play and used only when to player's do not or cannot resolve an existing conflict. Basically when neither player will back down as to who's the better combat/skill monkey this would be used, another thing to note this is not supposed to be a back and forth thing like a normal table top game. In fact we may drop the defense and go for opposed rolls, but I want to see what everyone else's thoughts are on this currently.

White Mocha
Is a Sane Pony

Postby White Mocha » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:09 am

Okay... I hope you don't get offended by my blunt honesty but; I think this is pretty bad. Though admittedly, I might just not understand.

Just for starters, why even make the distinction between physical, mental, and arcana? The way it's described, if my best stat is arcana then I'm using it to both attack and defend, regardless of my opponet. So why bother with putting 'dice' in any of the other stats?

Longshot's Theme

MagusZeal
Site Admin / Lore Master
Site Admin / Lore Master

Postby MagusZeal » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:40 pm

And this is why I wanted to discuss this instead of just saying okay here's what were doing.

The idea was something akin to this, your character's defense is based on how they attack, so yes the other stats don't matter in anything but non-combat situations. Hence why for combat there's a defense stat, but if you wanted to do other things you'd be hampered. Another thing we could do is say no stat can be twice the size of your lowest, again though I'm looking for feedback.

MagusZeal
Site Admin / Lore Master
Site Admin / Lore Master

Postby MagusZeal » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:19 pm

Lets go in another direction, what would the opinion be for a set of combat moderators?

ExTecha
Is a pony

Postby ExTecha » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:23 pm

I like the idea of an unbiased moderator who can apply reasoning to a combat situation in which the player's cannot come to an agreement.

They would have to be able to set aside favoritism for characters, and they would have to be willing to apply the same reason to their own characters.

Again, I feel like such a moderator or a pair of moderators would benefit greatly when a battle conclusion cannot be reached the the participating players.

White Mocha
Is a Sane Pony

Postby White Mocha » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:20 pm

For the record I like the idea, but I also like to poke at holes in a plan to make sure it's strong, so I'll be taking the dissenting opinion for the sake of argument here.

It's practically impossible for someone to be truely unbaised, it's part of human nature. Even with a minimum of it, players can still feel like there's bias and that can result in division between the regular players and whoever the combat moderator is/are. I mean, even though I like the concept, I know it's not a job I'd want.

Longshot's Theme

Lucy Took
Iceberg of Friendship
Iceberg of Friendship

Postby Lucy Took » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:12 pm

I like the idea as well, but it might not be a bad idea to make it a trio and we all have to agree at the end that way the fact that we all have slight biases we can make sure everything is fair.

And if all else fails we can use a coin flip.

MagusZeal
Site Admin / Lore Master
Site Admin / Lore Master

Postby MagusZeal » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:10 pm

Okay that means we'll need to figure out what we need in the way of Mod's for that position, though I agree it would need to be a trio. Likely we'd also have to set rules about how these combat mods can interact, last thing we'd want is all three in the same fight. So that takes care of the mechanics, unless no one likes this idea. So we'll need three to start, I figure I'm in that group by default. Anyone want to be Combat mod 2 and 3?

Knight Tyrfang
Is a cackling Pony

Postby Knight Tyrfang » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:01 am

This might be a terrible idea, but I could do it. I'm not entirely sure if I'm going to make a character or not, and even if I would, combat has never been that fun/thrilling experience.

Lucy Took
Iceberg of Friendship
Iceberg of Friendship

Postby Lucy Took » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:06 pm

I was assuming that I was in the list of mods on that list. I'm rarely in combat anyway.

Return to “General Discussion”